PDA

View Full Version : Possible Washington date?

DonFan
05-04-2008, 02:04 PM
From the Washington Times:

Eagles eyed for concert at new Nationals Park
By Thom Loverro---May 4, 2008

It appears that Don Henley's "Boys of Summer" — the Eagles — will likely play the first concert to be held at Nationals Park, on July 26.
Although no such date appears on the Web site for the Eagles' summer tour, a VIP ticket request form obtained by The Washington Times lists an Eagles show on July 26 at the new baseball stadium in Southeast.

Washington Nationals officials confirmed talks are taking place for such a show. "It remains a discussion," team President Stan Kasten said. "There really isn't a deal yet. But there is no question we would like to be in the big concert business. We hope to know one way or another soon."

According to the band's Web site, there is no tour stop scheduled between the group's July 22 appearance at the Air Canada Center in Toronto and its July 28 show at the TD Banknorth Garden in Boston. The Eagles tour is scheduled to begin May 14 at the Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre at Encore Park in Alpharetta, Ga., near Atlanta.

With the opening of the new ballpark this spring, which cost more than $611 million, both team and city officials are looking for ways to make use of the facility for events other than baseball. The city and team are allowed a certain number of dates for such events under the agreement between the District and the Nationals.

sodascouts
05-04-2008, 02:10 PM
Another stadium opening would be right up their alley! I guess it all depends on whether Washington Nationals is willing to make it worth their while.

sodascouts
05-08-2008, 09:52 PM
Got a Pollstar notification - looks like this date is a go!

Glennsallnighter
05-09-2008, 06:54 AM
It does indeed!

zermie
05-28-2008, 12:05 PM
Looks like they've moved it to an arena, Verizon Center, check the official site.

sodascouts
05-28-2008, 02:25 PM
Thanks, Zermie. I've been wondering what's going on with that date.

Ive always been a dreamer
05-28-2008, 09:22 PM
Thanks for the update, zermie. I know I said I wasn't going to any more shows until the fall, but holy crap D.C. is only two hours away for me. I may just have to peak at Ticketmaster and eBay. :shock: :nod:

Brooke
05-29-2008, 10:06 AM
Ha! Good for you, dreamer! :thumbsup:

zermie
05-29-2008, 10:17 AM
I spoke with someone at the Verizon Center yesterday and they said it still wasnt final yet, but that the contracts for the show were being exchanged this week.

sodascouts
05-29-2008, 12:44 PM
Thanks again, zermie. I wonder what went down that made it Verizon instead of the Nationals Park? At the time of the announcement, it was supposed to be a big deal that the first concert at Nationals Park would be the Eagles.

Glennsallnighter
05-29-2008, 06:09 PM
Thanks for the update, zermie. I know I said I wasn't going to any more shows until the fall, but holy crap D.C. is only two hours away for me. I may just have to peak at Ticketmaster and eBay. :shock: :nod:

GO Dreamer! That is too good an opportunity to miss! :thumbsup: