PDA

View Full Version : EAGLES DRIVING MUSIC

StephUK
05-11-2008, 05:40 PM
Hi,

It's great to have some good weather at last. Down here on the South West coast it's been in the 80's today. Just the kind of weather for driving along with the Eagles blasting out of the CD player. I had the audio track from Farewell 1 on in the car today as I drove along the coast, and I certainly had a 'Peaceful Easy Feeling' .

What's your favourite Eagles album for when you're driving?

Regards

Steph

Glennsallnighter
05-11-2008, 06:11 PM
I couldn't say that I have a favourite. More that I cycle through them. Its usually a democratic decision (ie my daughter 'Timtot' decides :wink: ) At the moment its LROOE disc 2. We tend to replay 'Somebody' particularly when we can scream 'Somebodys followin' you' at the car in front. She also loves LGTIT, and IYWN as do I.......oh hell, we love them all!!

We had Solo Collection on for a while lately as well. There is something about hearing a 7 year old and a 4 year old singing 'She's a very sexy girl......' out the window. Only surpassed by 'Whose been aleepin in my bed.....'. And we don't mean Goldilocks!!

AzEaglesFan
05-11-2008, 06:11 PM
I like The Best of My Love because it's a slow song. The faster the song the faster I drive. lol :blush:

Glennsallnighter
05-11-2008, 06:15 PM
Well that has certainly been the case with me and 'Take it Easy'. I drive a Ford (Focus) and always imagine I'm that girl slowin' down to take a look at ( and hopefully pick up :wink: ) Glenn :heart: !

Freypower
05-11-2008, 07:21 PM
I love all Eagles and solo music for driving. I suppose at the moment it would be LROOE (but not right now, because I've got the Led Zeppelin box set in the car). 8)

sodascouts
05-11-2008, 09:36 PM
For me, the best songs to hear while driving are the songs with a driving beat that you can sing loud to, like Take It Easy, Heartache Tonight, Already Gone, Somebody, James Dean, Life in the Fast Lane, Out of Control, Get Over It, Too Many Hands, Victim of Love, Those Shoes - that kind of thing.

However, just for the car references alone, you gotta throw in Ol' 55.

Mrs Frey
05-12-2008, 02:13 AM
We had Solo Collection on for a while lately as well. There is something about hearing a 7 year old and a 4 year old singing 'She's a very sexy girl......' out the window. Only surpassed by 'Whose been aleepin in my bed.....'. And we don't mean Goldilocks!!

:rofl:

I don't have a CD player in my car, so I can't contribute to this thread, unfortunately. If I did, it would probably be LROOE, as I can't really get enough of the album! :blush: Glenn's :heart: "No Fun Aloud" would probably be in with a shout, too. And "Greatest Hits 1971-1975".

Mrs Henley
05-29-2008, 10:19 AM
If I am touring with a couple of friends than we listen to the LROE album or the HC album..don't know why but that's our drivin' music :lol:
But I like to listen also to Don's Building The Perfect Beast or Glenn's The Allnighter.
And Life's Been Good is always good :lol:

Brooke
05-29-2008, 10:46 AM
I tend to listen to lots of different music when I'm in the car. Especially if I'm by myself. The Eagles stuff is never far away, but occasionally I put in Jackson Browne, Dan Fogelberg, Simon & Garfunkle, Stevie Nicks, Keith Urban, Rascal Flatts, Kenny Chesney, and Little Big Town. It depends on my mood.

TimothyBFan
05-29-2008, 01:08 PM
It depends on who's in the car with me, plug in ipod and play lots and lots of Eagles but I also mix it up a bit with Led Zeppelin, Jonny Lang, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Guns N Roses, Sweet and several others.

Freypower
05-29-2008, 07:00 PM
I think I should throw in that I love Dire Straits & Mark Knopfler's music in the car. 8)

But when I finish with Led Zeppelin I've decided it's time for Glenn's solo CDs again. And next month it will be Don's turn.

Glennsallnighter
05-29-2008, 07:05 PM
I think I should throw in that I love Dire Straits & Mark Knopfler's music in the car. 8)

But when I finish with Led Zeppelin I've decided it's time for Glenn's solo CDs again. And next month it will be Don's turn.

You are so organised FP! In my car its
'Right kids, Eagles, Glenn :heart: , or the radio?' Whoever puts up the best argument wins!!

Koala
09-25-2009, 01:39 AM
I must revived this Thread!
I love to hear Eagles when I driving!
At most I hear Take it Easy, Life in the Fast Lane, How Long, Guilty Of The Crime, Somebody, Get Over It, Heartache Tonight, James Dean, Already Gone, Life´s Been Good, Funk 49, Love Will Keep Us Alive, One Of These Nights, Lyin Eyes,Rocky Mountain Way, Peaceful Easy Feeling and Take It To The Limit!

In addition I always have a copy of The End Of The Innocence, The Allnighter, Strange Weather and Glenns Solo Collection in the car.

I must stop to make the music so loud by driving a car,
yesterday I heard the Millennium Concert, I was standing at a traffic light and Please Come Home For Christmas was to hear, all drivers those heard this, looked irritated! :hilarious:

Fan_For_Life
09-25-2009, 11:49 AM
I keep LROOE, HFO, On The Border in my car most of the time. As well as Best of collection (Don). I rotate between Eagles and all my other faves. :smile:

Glennsallnighter
09-25-2009, 11:53 AM
I keep my ipod in the car so with the aux connection I can either go for a single album or a selection, or a playlist that I create with either fast driving music or slow more relaxed music depending on my mood. All Eagles or Eagles related music!

TimothyBFan
09-25-2009, 01:38 PM
I'm excited because tomorrow I get to make the long drive back and forth to my Mom's and have to take my son's car (Mom can't get in & out of my SUV) and his car has a stereo I can plug my ipod into!! Yippee---put that baby on my Eagles playlist (which consist of 285 songs right now) and let it roll!!!

luvthelighthouse
09-25-2009, 02:30 PM
There is ALWAYS some Eagles in my car. Greatest 71-74 never leaves. Others shuffle in and out. Currently I have One the Border in the player. LROOE and The Very Best Of are in my work bag. I meant to grab TRL, but have forgotten the past two days. =(

I wonder if it's normal to listen to you favorite band EVERY single day!!! I do rotate in the local bands and other artists, like Springsteen, Tom Petty and Dr. Hook.

However, listening to any of the Eagles CD's generally makes my drives better. Sometimes I listen to one song over and over... other times I'll let the CD play in it's entirety.

Ive always been a dreamer
09-25-2009, 04:17 PM
I wonder if it's normal to listen to you favorite band EVERY single day!!!

OMG - I sure hope so, ltl. Otherwise, I am so screwed! :laugh:

As far a The Long Run, I put that in the CD player yesterday in honor of it's 30th anniversary, and will probably listen to that for the next week. I don't get tired of listening to them because I'm not usually in my car for long periods of time, so it takes a while to get through an entire CD. However, I have the entire Eagles catalog burned on CD's for my car, as well as, almost all of their solo stuff. In addition, I have also burned my own "Best of" compilation CDs for Glenn and Don (need to get on that for Joe and Tim) so that I can go a very long time without repeating much of their music.

Fan_For_Life
09-25-2009, 04:54 PM
I wonder if it's normal to listen to you favorite band EVERY single day!!!

If it's not normal then I'm in big trouble especially when I can make it a whole day/s event.

Maleah
10-03-2009, 01:01 AM
My favorite Eagles songs to listen to while driving are Life In The Fast Lane, The Long Run, and How Long amonst others. Eagles RELATED.....Walk Away! Of all of them it would have to be that one and LITFL......makes me want to speed a bit :D

arcadia
10-06-2009, 10:04 PM
I have been totally into eagles radio since it's inception; i keep the cds loaded-
six at a time about 85% eagles with several cds I burned with alot of solo
dh stuff...I drive 4 hours a day as a rural mail carrier so good music is a must!
Lately Love Rules/ Miss Ghost/Genie out of the bottle/I will not go quietly have been blasting on a daily basis. And Jackson Brown who rocked the Zoo ampitheater in OKC recently. Love the great variety on eagles radio- had to invest in a Blackberry and handsfree/fm receiver but needed a new cell anyway. Well worth it!!!

Ive always been a dreamer
10-06-2009, 10:15 PM
Welcome to the club, arcadia (and also to The Border). I'm sure it comes as no surprise that I will totally agree with you that nothing beats Eagles music when you are driving. It's the absolute best whether you're just running errands or on a long trip! :thumbsup:

TimothyBFan
10-07-2009, 06:51 AM
Welcome to the Border arcadia. Hope you enjoy it here.

sodascouts
10-07-2009, 10:26 AM
Hi Arcadia - welcome! You sound like someone I'd like to ride in the car with. ;)

ticky
10-07-2009, 01:56 PM
Hey Arcadia!! and Welcome!! you haven't heard any questions being read on Eagles radio from Rhonda yet have you? *G* I wrote in, but then Eagles radio started crashing my browser so I had to stop listening:-(.
Glad you found us! Sounds like this is where you belong *G*

Prettymaid
10-07-2009, 02:02 PM
Hey Arcadia!! and Welcome!! you haven't heard any questions being read on Eagles radio from Rhonda yet have you?

Or from Cathy asking Joe about any solo work? Welcome BTW!

Fan_For_Life
10-07-2009, 02:05 PM
Welcome arcadia, it's tough to stop listening once you start. I unfortunately can't listen to eagles radio due to circumstances beyond my control right now and it does drive me crazy sometimes that I can't connect to the station.

arcadia
10-07-2009, 10:07 PM
thanks to all for the welcomes...been lurking around here forever and finally posted yesterday. As to Joe's comments, it seems as if i'm always distracted when he is talking...except the turkey story-heard that one at least a dozen times. Since I am stopping constantly and slamming mail into boxes or watching out for deer and coyotes springing out of nowhere in front of me I sometimes miss parts of songs and chatter. The only drawback to eagles radio is there's no pause feature-if you miss it, it's gone! I will try to pay more attention when I listen off- work time and let you know about your questions. This is a fun place!

Stars
10-08-2009, 08:15 AM
Welcome Arcadia! I know you'll enjoy it here-lots of like minded folks!
I can't get Eagles radio while I'm driving, but I do enjoy listening to my Eagles CDs while driving around. I have to be careful when "Take it Easy" comes on, as I tend to speed up!:) And I live in area where the cops are quite vigilant! (I remember my dad was stopped twice for speeding when he came through my town!)