PDA

View Full Version : What's happening in your life? 11/06-08/08

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Molly
06-13-2007, 03:51 PM
I may as well get my suicide story out of the way as if Molly could have the courage to talk about her brother, I can talk about my uncle.

Julie and Nancy first let me say how sorry I am for your losses. Obviously, there are people here who can empathize with what you have been through.

I didn't talk about it at first, but I live in a very small town and discovered that people were gossiping about it and whether or not I wanted them to, everyone already knew about it. Some people approach me about it out of concern and some people are just idiots who want to hear the gorey details. To those people, I simply say, "My brother was a wonderful man and sadly he died unexpectedly" and leave it at that. I'm sure they can tell by my tone and the look in my eyes that they need to mind their own business. The unexpected benefit of talking about it has been that I think it's helped me tremendously, and in turn, I've been able to reach out to other people. I'm amazed at just how many people have been through similar experiences. I've discovered I'm by far not alone. I've also discovered, I'm stronger than I thought I was!

Everyone is different and people will "come to grips" with these kind of events at different levels and at different paces.

Julie, I hope your mom can put behind her those feelings of responsibility for your uncle's actions. The would of should of could of's can drive you mad if you let them. Instead, you all need to focus on what a lovely man I'm sure your uncle was.

Maleah
06-13-2007, 05:54 PM
Thank you all for your kind words and for listening! It means a lot. I found out yesterday that he killed himself in his girlfriend's driveway (they had broken up the night before) with a shotgun. Like someone previously mentioned, I go from crying over the thougt that he had to have felt like he had nothing left...that no one cared and there was no one there for him. Then I go to being mad that he put his Mother through losing not just her husband to suicide, but her son as well. His two little girls will grow up without their father. And his girlfriend will go through life battling guilt over the whole thing. It's hard enough for me with it being a co-worker/friend.......I can't imagine what it must be like for those of you who have lost a family member of close friend to suicide. All I can say is my thoughts and prayers are with you and your families! You must be very strong!

Mrs. F.............I'm so sorry to hear that you lost your Mother. I too lost my Mom. It's been 11 years for me, but I can honestly say that it feels like it was just yesterday. I think it will always feel like that. I had days where I didn't want to live, but I would never have REALLY considered taking my own life I don't think. Holly, Im proud of you that you got the help you needed and you're still around! I'd miss ya if you weren't!

There's so many posts I missed that talk about losing someone.......I just want you all to know that you're all close to my heart and you have my thoughts and prayers for whatever each of you is going through!

SweetHolly
06-13-2007, 07:17 PM
Holly, Im proud of you that you got the help you needed and you're still around! I'd miss ya if you weren't!
Thanks Maleah. I'm very sorry about your mom. I'm so glad that I'm still alive and that I got help through my darkest days because I'm really lucky that I've gotten to meet you and all of my other fellow Eagles fans. :wink:

timfan
06-13-2007, 07:34 PM
I just got some not so good news myself. A close family friend (whom I have known since I was a little girl) was diagnosed with cancer a few months ago. Well she had gotten so weak they couldn't do surgery and now I have gotten word that the doctors believe she will pass away within the next few days :cry: .

timfan
06-13-2007, 07:46 PM
with all the recent despair we have been dealing with I wanted to share this....

This song Amy Sky's "I Will take care of you" has helped me through many difficult times, as it talks about life; from birth to death ....to birth once more. It's very inspirational. I hope it helps you as much as it has me :) .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uu4h_LFHR2g

Maleah
06-13-2007, 09:30 PM
Aww.....I'm so sorry TF. It is so sad to lose someone, no matter what the age. My thoughts and prayers are with you and her family.

And that's a beautiful song! Thanks for sharing!

timfan
06-13-2007, 09:42 PM
Aww.....I'm so sorry TF. It is so sad to lose someone, no matter what the age. My thoughts and prayers are with you and her family.

Thanks Hun. I was so sorry to hear about your friend as well. My thoughts are also also with you and your friends family.

I just feel very lucky to have friends I can rely on both in times of need and times of joy :) .

SweetHolly
06-13-2007, 09:54 PM
Holly, I'm so glad you feel so much better.
FP, that's really tragical with your uncle.

1 1/2 years ago I lost my brother. He was addicted to drugs and as a result (we guess he used a contaminated needle) he died of AIDS. I already told this on the boards. It was terrible seeing him reduced to a skeleton and with a respiratory mask on his face, a horrible scene. :(
Thanks Michaela! :D
I'm so sorry about your brother. :cry:

SweetHolly
06-13-2007, 09:54 PM
I just got some not so good news myself. A close family friend (whom I have known since I was a little girl) was diagnosed with cancer a few months ago. Well she had gotten so weak they couldn't do surgery and now I have gotten word that the doctors believe she will pass away within the next few days :cry: . Although she is quite old is still hurts and reminds me of when my Gramma passed away.
I'm so sorry TF.

glenneaglesfan
06-14-2007, 08:41 AM
I'm just so sorry to hear about everyone's losses. My thoughts and prayers are with you all.

Julie, it must have been terrible for you and your mother to lose your father, and then suffer the tragedy with your uncle. I'm glad you were there for each other.

Molly, losing your brother must have been devastating. I agree with you that we all have our ways of coping, and that thinking back to happier memories helps to ease the pain. Even as a child, when I lost my grandparents, I felt that in a way they stayed alive while we could talk about and remember them, and i still think the same way now.

Michaela, I remember when yo told us about your brother, and I still feel very sad for you, especially having to watch him become so ill.

Kath, I'm sorry to hear about your friend. I hope she can be looked after by a team who can make her remaining days comfortable and dignified.

It's good to know that people can share their sorrow and get support from these communities. You are all a very great lot of people. Thank you all for being there.

sodascouts
06-14-2007, 11:32 AM
I want to echo my sorrow for your losses, Kath and Michaela. Being able to share our sorrows and gain comfort is indeed an unexpected and wonderful aspect of fan boards.

Mrs Frey
06-15-2007, 07:01 AM
I'm so sorry to read about the tragedies in all your lives. EF, seeing your brother pass away the way he did must have really left its mark on you. TF, I wish you strength in the days ahead, with the loss of your friend imminent. Cancer is such a horrible disease, to which I can attest.

DF, Molly, Maleah: thank you so much for your empathy regarding the loss of my mother. I am so sorry to read about your dad, DF, and your mom, Maleah. I cried when I read your posts, not only for your grief, but because you are so caring. Thank you, thank you, thank you - it means so much.

Soda - being with your friend at the time of her father's suicide must have been devastating. I am so sorry that you had to go through that, and so sorry for your friend, too.

EasyFeeling
06-15-2007, 09:37 AM
Thanks Mrs. Frey. You're right I will never forget that terrible sight.

But let's move to the more enjoyable things of life... I've got to know a man on work and it seems this is the beginning of a new relationship. :)
As you all know we moved into a new building on work and he works in our finance department. Let's see, what happens the next weeks.
He's a bit younger than me but it doesn't matter. :wink:

glenneaglesfan
06-15-2007, 12:50 PM
EF, that sounds like hopeful news - new home and new relationship - how exciting. I hope this new guy looks a bit like Keith! :wink:

My younger son had his first proper driving lesson yesterday, and went straight out onto the dual carriageway and a 20 mile round trip! Not bad for his first day.

Brooke
06-15-2007, 01:57 PM
Good luck with that new guy, EF!

And good luck with your son's driving, gef! Now that might be scary! I remember when both of my kids were learning to drive and they just nearly worried me to death! I got this :roll: many times from them! :laugh:

sodascouts
06-15-2007, 07:33 PM
Thanks Mrs. Frey. You're right I will never forget that terrible sight.

But let's move to the more enjoyable things of life... I've got to know a man on work and it seems this is the beginning of a new relationship. :)
As you all know we moved into a new building on work and he works in our finance department. Let's see, what happens the next weeks.
He's a bit younger than me but it doesn't matter. :wink:

Good luck... as long as he's not married! ;)

And GEF - your son's off to a good start. Better than my first drive, that's for sure! And he has to deal with narrower roads and all those hills!

EasyFeeling
06-17-2007, 03:00 PM
Thank you, girls! But.... I have sad news... no new relationship! Ole changed his mind and told me his feelings for me are not strong enough for a relationship. :? It ends before it has started. :|

timfan
06-17-2007, 03:08 PM
Well better to find out now then after 6 months right? :( But still i'm sorry hun, there'll be someone out there for you :)

EasyFeeling
06-17-2007, 03:16 PM
Well better to find out now then after 6 months right? :( But still i'm sorry hun, there'll be someone out there for you :)

That's true. What I don't get is how can someone be so sure after only 2 weeks? :roll: On Thuesday all was ok and then he figured it out from one day to the next and is not willing to give us a chance. Well, I have to accept it. It's better it ends before I get involved too much.

sodascouts
06-17-2007, 03:40 PM

That's true. What I don't get is how can someone be so sure after only 2 weeks? :roll: On Thuesday all was ok and then he figured it out from one day to the next and is not willing to give us a chance. Well, I have to accept it. It's better it ends before I get involved too much.

Sometimes men are impossible to understand!

Ive always been a dreamer
06-17-2007, 06:17 PM
GEF - Good luck with your son and his driving. I'm sure he'll do fine.

And EF - I'm sorry too that things didn't work out, but like you said - better now than later. You will find someone if it's meant to be, and if not, it still doesn't mean you can't have a wonderful and fulfilling life. After all, you still have Glenn and Keith to :drool: over. And OBTW, I love your double banner. All I can think of everytime I see it is "nice chest Glenn and nice butt, Keith!" :D :D

SweetHolly
06-17-2007, 09:55 PM
And OBTW, I love your double banner. All I can think of everytime I see it is "nice chest Glenn and nice butt, Keith!" :D :D
I think the same thing. :D

timfan
06-19-2007, 09:54 AM
There has been too much death in my life lately!! :?

My older friend has yet to pass away. However I got word yesterday that my godmother has died. She fell and hit her head and then (being stubborn) tried to get up and fell again hitting her head again. They took her off life support a few days ago and she passed away on Sunday.

Her passing has really upset me as she was a HUGE part of my childhood but at least she didn't suffer. :cry: :( :cry:

DonFan
06-19-2007, 10:22 AM
I'm so sorry about your godmother, TF.

EasyFeeling
06-19-2007, 05:21 PM
Oh TF, I'm sorry to hear about your godmother.

EasyFeeling
06-19-2007, 05:25 PM
And EF - I'm sorry too that things didn't work out, but like you said - better now than later. You will find someone if it's meant to be, and if not, it still doesn't mean you can't have a wonderful and fulfilling life. After all, you still have Glenn and Keith to :drool: over. And OBTW, I love your double banner. All I can think of everytime I see it is "nice chest Glenn and nice butt, Keith!" :D :D

Absolutely correct! :twisted: :twisted:

Yes Soda, I sadly have to agree with you. :?

SweetHolly
06-19-2007, 05:59 PM
I'm so sorry about your godmother TF. :cry:

sodascouts
06-19-2007, 07:48 PM
I too am very sorry to hear about your godmother, Kath.

Freypower
06-19-2007, 11:26 PM
My deepest sympathy to you, Kath.

Maleah
06-19-2007, 11:33 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about your godmother as well Kath! :( You'll be in my thoughts and prayers!

timfan
06-19-2007, 11:57 PM
Thanks everybody for your well wishes. I went today to the funeral home and said my goodbyes. As a result I am feeling much more at peace with her passing.

glenneaglesfan
06-20-2007, 03:10 AM
Kath, I'm sorry to hear about your godmother. So much sadness for you at the moment. We're all thinking of you.

Glennsallnighter
06-20-2007, 05:37 AM
I'm so sorry too to hear about your Godmother Kath. Both herself and you are in my thoughts and prayers. Take care of yourself too.

Mrs Frey
06-20-2007, 06:12 AM
I've been quite busy over the last two days, and as a result have not had much time to post messages, but I'm so sorry to read, upon my return, of your sad news, TF. May your godmother rest in peace. Allow me to express my deepest empathy - it is so hard to lose someone that close to you. :cry:

EF, as for the gentleman who turned you down - it's his loss, my girl! You'll find someone better who can appreciate you. By the way, have I ever told you how much I LOVE your avatar? :heart:

EasyFeeling
06-20-2007, 05:33 PM
EF, as for the gentleman who turned you down - it's his loss, my girl! You'll find someone better who can appreciate you. By the way, have I ever told you how much I LOVE your avatar? :heart:

Thanks MF. Surely you're right. :wink:
Noooooo, you never told me that. :D You need to know I didn't make it. I'm not able to do this. Credit goes to Rainy, a girl from another board. :wink:
But yours isn't bad, too. 8)

Mrs Frey
06-21-2007, 02:05 AM
Noooooo, you never told me that. :D You need to know I didn't make it. I'm not able to do this. Credit goes to Rainy, a girl from another board. :wink:
But yours isn't bad, too. 8)

Well, whether or not you made it yourself makes no difference - it's still so HOT! :smitten: I love the way Glenn :heart: puts his hand through his hair... :heart: It kind of gets the heart beating a bit faster... :blush: You have good taste for choosing it!

I'm glad you like mine. I've just got the hang of making a couple myself. GA, thanks for the tips!

Marco
06-21-2007, 02:49 AM
This Way To Sadness :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I'm sorry for all who lost someone :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I never lost someone, anyway.

When I'm Sad I Thik To the thing that make me sad, and I listen music, when I'm Sad I Always listen
-Pretty Maids ...
-A Month Of Sundays
-The Last Resort
-Learn To Be Still
-The End Of The Innocence

SweetHolly
06-21-2007, 03:23 AM
Thank you Marco. I always listen to music to cheer me up, especially the Eagles cause they're my favorite band in the world. :D 8) :wink:

06-21-2007, 02:06 PM
Sorry I'm late on this, but I send my condolences regarding your godmother as well, Kath.

sodascouts
06-21-2007, 04:12 PM
Ugh, I have had an odyssey of misery the last couple of days! Of course it's nothing next to losing a loved one, but I must gripe nonetheless.

Tuesday, I got pulled over for failure to yield in a PARKING GARAGE by a campus cop. $50 fine. But that's not the worst of it. You see, since my plates were Texas plates and I live in Indiana, I forgot to renew my registration the last time I was in Texas. Ironically, on Monday, I finally decided to do it through the mail. I even called my insurance company to have them fax the information to the DMV. However, you can't pay over the phone, only through the mail, which takes a few days.

OF COURSE, I get pulled over before I can do all that. Once the cop discovered my registration had expired, he impounded the car immediately. Impounds are charged by the day. The problem is that since I had to renew by mail, I couldn't do it that day, or the next day or the next, unless I express-mailed my check.

So, I obtain the address for registration from the Texas DMV website. I buy not only an express mail to go there but also an express mail back - $33 total. However, the address was a P.O. Box, and apparently P.O. Boxes take an extra day to go through! I didn't know this, and was calling, freaking out because my express mail hadn't gotten to the DMV, thinking it had gone to the wrong address, but finally after making two hours' worth of calls to stymied post office workers, the lady at the DMV figured it out. At least the ladies at the DMV were sympathetic and helpful.

Finally, they get it this afternoon, but I don't have a fax machine, so I have to arrange for it to get faxed to a copier and then get cash from the bank because they don't accept checks and then go to the police and have them process it and then go to the impound lot and pay them.... aargh! And the whole time I am imposing on my ex-boyfriend to shuttle me around. (Although I broke up with him a while back, he is still very sweet to me.) Alternatively, I've walked to campus - two miles uphill - and while that may not sound so bad, in this terrible heat, it's not too fun either!

BUT it's over now. I bought myself two scoops of vanilla/chocolate/peanut butter cups/fudge/oreo ice cream and a copy of the Greatest Hits of the James Gang to reward myself. OK, food is not supposed to be a reward but screw the psychology, it makes me feel better! lol

If you read all of that, you have the patience of a saint!

Brooke
06-21-2007, 04:41 PM
:weep: I'm so sorry for your bad day, Soda! I don't think I'd be classified as a saint though! :lol:

Good idea with the ice cream treat. At least it made you feel a little bit better! I do something like that when I go grocery shopping, which I hate doing!

DonFan
06-21-2007, 04:57 PM
Ugh--I sympathize--there is nothing more annoying than car hassles--we are going through that here too.

We are trying to keep three cars going--and four drivers, since our youngest now has her permit. Our oldest got a $135 speeding ticket the night of her graduation two weeks ago. Then, my hubby drives an old P.O.S. and he accidentally broke the key off in the lock last night. Of course we can't find the spare key anywhere, and since his car is so old, they can't find another key, so we had to hire a locksmith to pull the entire mechanism out, retrieve the two broken pieces and finally make another key.

Now, where is that ice cream??

Glennsallnighter
06-21-2007, 05:26 PM
Soda, thats a terrible thing to happen to you. :( Bureaucracy (MF is that spelled properly?) can just be so slow at times, usually when you need it to be quick! :roll: You deserved every mouthful of icecream thet you got. :D Nothing like good comfort food I say! :D

SweetHolly
06-21-2007, 05:38 PM
Soda, so sorry to hear about your troubles with the Texas DMV. My parents have had plenty of issues with them over the years. The ice cream sounds delicious and you totally deserve to have it after all you went through. I hope you enjoy your copy of The James Gang's Greatest hits. I have it too.

Freypower
06-21-2007, 07:51 PM
That's terrible Soda. I've never had any problems with registration, fortunately.

sodascouts
06-21-2007, 08:20 PM
Thanks for the sympathy, guys!

DonFan - sounds horrible! Those old cars can be murder when something goes wrong.

SH - I have already listened to it twice. It's great!

SweetHolly
06-21-2007, 09:08 PM
Thanks for the sympathy, guys!
SH - I have already listened to it twice. It's great!
You're welcome! I'm glad you enjoy it! I love it. :D

Marco
06-22-2007, 02:40 AM
I'm Sorry Again. This is not a really way to happines.
I think is "This Way To Sadness". Sometimes when I'm Sad I listen my "Re-make" of HFO. If You want that, I will send You :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

EasyFeeling
06-22-2007, 03:35 AM
BUT it's over now. I bought myself two scoops of vanilla/chocolate/peanut butter cups/fudge/oreo ice cream and a copy of the Greatest Hits of the James Gang to reward myself. OK, food is not supposed to be a reward but screw the psychology, it makes me feel better! lol

If you read all of that, you have the patience of a saint!

I think after this annoying incident you deserve to get tons of ice cream.
:wink: Probably the best what you could do to calm down. :wink:

Mrs Frey
06-22-2007, 04:01 AM
Goodness, gracious, Soda! What an awful day to have. :( I've been doing a bit of comfort eating myself, lately, and my scale is not happy... :blush: To boot, I have a head cold that won't go away, so I can't recommence my exercises. I'll have to put Glenn's :heart: "Livin' Right" on for some inspiration!

I'm sorry about your hubby's car trouble, DF. My Beetle's ill at the moment, so I can't drive her, the poor dear. She just won't idle - I believe there are problems with the gasket, the manifold and the carburettor (sp?). I had a nightmare driving her to band practice this week. Everytime I had to stop, she threatened to cut out, and I had to have my foot on the petrol (gas) and the brakes at the same time! :evil: And with the price of petrol in this country, it's such a waste.

GA, "bureaucracy" looks correctly spelt to me. Nice to know you respect my spelling so much! :lol:

Glennsallnighter
06-22-2007, 07:48 AM
Goodness, gracious, Soda! What an awful day to have. :( I've been doing a bit of comfort eating myself, lately, and my scale is not happy... :blush: To boot, I have a head cold that won't go away, so I can't recommence my exercises. I'll have to put Glenn's :heart: "Livin' Right" on for some inspiration!

I'm sorry about your hubby's car trouble, DF. My Beetle's ill at the moment, so I can't drive her, the poor dear. She just won't idle - I believe there are problems with the gasket, the manifold and the carburettor (sp?). I had a nightmare driving her to band practice this week. Everytime I had to stop, she threatened to cut out, and I had to have my foot on the petrol (gas) and the brakes at the same time! :evil: And with the price of petrol in this country, it's such a waste.

GA, "bureaucracy" looks correctly spelt to me. Nice to know you respect my spelling so much! :lol:

MF hope your cold is getting better and that you can start 'Livin' Right' again soon. They're not fun at the best of times. And believe me your car problems sound familiar. My dad drove 2 different beetles in the eighties and early nineties and I always seem to remember phrases such as 'Gasket' 'Carburettor' and lest we forget 'Fanbelt', which always managed to 'give' on some long car journey miles from the nearest garage! I also remember the 'cut out' problem on the second beetle! There were 2 heating levels on that car also - 'on' (as in full blast on) and 'off' (as in freeze yourself in winter). But for all these problems we loved our beetles and they were a lovely classic car to drive. Hope yours gets better real quickly. :D
And thanks for the spellcheck too :wink:

sodascouts
06-22-2007, 10:52 AM
Sorry to hear about your car troubles, Mrs. F! I'm trying to diet too - obviously yesterday was a lapse. lol There's a park up the hill from me that I can use to take walks, but honestly with this heat I've been reluctant to do so. I used to borrow my neighbor's exercise bike but he's moved!

glenneaglesfan
06-22-2007, 02:54 PM
Gosh, Soda, what rotten luck. I know how bad it feels to have a speeding fine - I'm quite careful, but got caught in some roadworks. but to have your car impounded, and then all that hassle to get it back, must have been a nightmare. Glad the ice cream helped!

MF and GA, hubby had a Beetle before I met him, and that used to go wrong at regular intervals. We've stuck with VW though - I'm on my third Passat, and he has a Golf GTDI.

Perfect Little Sister
06-22-2007, 03:21 PM
OK! I have soooo many pages to catch up on. I'm finally getting a breather from real life. lol In May and June I had three graduations, two trips to Tahoe and two birthday parties. Oh, and three out of town guests and my grandfather in the hospital. OY! So now I've got some major catching up to do. Missed y'all! Hope everyone's life is on track. Here's a pic of my daughter on grad nite.
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b20/eaglesaddict05/37010023.jpg

glenneaglesfan
06-22-2007, 03:29 PM
PLS, welcome back!! We've missed you!

Your daughter looks stunning for her graduation, and glad it all went well. Isn't it nice when our kids make us feel proud!

Sorry to hear about your grandfather, though. I hope he's making some progress.

Brooke
06-22-2007, 03:47 PM
Welcome back from me, too, PLS! Sounds like you've been very busy!

Your daughter looks beautiful! Get well wishes to your grandfather. :)

Freypower
06-22-2007, 07:16 PM
PLS! Nice to hear from you again! I hope you don't mind me 'stealing' your av this week because I didn't know when you would be posting again! :)

SweetHolly
06-22-2007, 07:26 PM
Glad you're back PLS! Hope your grandfather is doing better.

EasyFeeling
06-24-2007, 02:22 PM
Hi PLS, welcome back! :D Your daughter looks beautiful in that dress. 8)

Yesterday I went to our local shopping mall and there was a exhibition of Elvis. It was very interesting, you could see the original car he drove to the last, letters he wrote to friends, the suits he wore at concerts, his last will, military stuff, guitars, original neckties and many many pictures.
Furthermore they arranged a song contest with 8 participants. They were very good and the winner was just 24 years old. He had sung In The Ghetto and the performance gave me the creeps, it was fantastic. :)

timfan
06-24-2007, 03:06 PM
welcome back PLS!! :D We've missed you!! :)

Ef that Elvis exhibition sounds really neat!

SweetHolly
06-24-2007, 11:34 PM
EF, the Elvis exhibit sounds cool! 8)

Mrs Frey
06-25-2007, 10:16 AM
Yesterday I went to our local shopping mall and there was a exhibition of Elvis. It was very interesting, you could see the original car he drove to the last, letters he wrote to friends, the suits he wore at concerts, his last will, military stuff, guitars, original neckties and many many pictures.
Furthermore they arranged a song contest with 8 participants. They were very good and the winner was just 24 years old. He had sung In The Ghetto and the performance gave me the creeps, it was fantastic. :)

Wow, another Elvis :heart: fan on the Board. Woo hoo hoo, I love it! :yay: The exhibition sounds great, EF. I wish I could've been there too.

Thanks, Soda, GEF and GA for your sympathy regarding my car and lapses in my exercise routine. :blush: I need to get over this cold first, though, and I'm unlikely to have a car until next week, probably. The weather's rather awful at the moment, too - all wet and cold.

PLS, welcome back! It's funny - I was wondering last week, when Soda posted pics of a group of Board members who attended Eagles concerts last year, what had happened to you! We missed you! You have a lovely daughter.

glenneaglesfan
06-25-2007, 04:29 PM
Now Britain has been struck by heavy rain and floods. It's been wet where I live, but not as devastating as in Yorkshire, where sadly one person has already died and another is missing.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/6236234.stm

This is supposed to be midsummer.

SweetHolly
06-25-2007, 05:06 PM
That's so sad. :cry:

DonFan
06-26-2007, 03:46 PM
Well, I had some good luck come my way. My friend's mother has a beach house and the renters cancelled this week, so four of us lucky ladies are heading to the beach in the morning. Four free days at the beach with margarita mix, a stack of paperback novels, no husbands and no teenagers....sounds like fun to me! :twisted:

Brooke
06-26-2007, 04:19 PM
Wow! DonFan, have a wonderful time! :bye: Wish I could go with you! :mrgreen:

SweetHolly
06-27-2007, 01:38 AM
Have fun DonFan! :D

Mrs Frey
06-27-2007, 02:03 AM
Mmmmmmmmmm, DF - the beach... now let me think about that for a moment... does it entail white sand, the smell of the sea as the waves hit the shore, while the sun bakes down on us...? You'll excuse my forgetfullness as right now it is ICY in Cape Town - today's maximum is 15 degrees celcius - and it has been raining non-stop for three days. A week ago we had a week's worth of rain. This is certainly the coldest and wettest winter we've had in many years.

I hope you have a great time, DF!

GEF, I'm so sorry to read about the bad weather in your part of the world and the casualties thereof. :( I hope they find the missing person.

Glennsallnighter
06-27-2007, 11:20 AM
Hey, MF I'd say the max in Dublin today isn't even 15 degrees C! And its supposed to be summer here! Now how could we generate a little heat :?: :wink: :wink:

GEF we've had some flooding last week over here too. Hubby was in charge of a rescue operation at a small primary school when a river tributary burst its banks last Friday. The kids had great fun apparently being rescued!

timfan
06-27-2007, 11:29 AM
well guys.. it's been an awful day... I spent most of last night in hospital. I had a second seizure at school ( i had one two weeks ago during class as well) after having some difficulties with members of a group I was in. Basically I feel I have been verbally 'bullied" by them and my prof has done nothing about it. I have had enough of this course and am at this point going to drop out ( pending discussions with my doctor tommorow) I hope in the future to be able to continue my studies but obviously now is not time.

Sorry to be such a downer :?

Brooke
06-27-2007, 11:55 AM
I'm so sorry timfan. I hope you can get things worked out soon.

Put on some music (Timmy, Eagles, you know, those guys!) and take a break! :wink: :)

Perfect Little Sister
06-27-2007, 02:19 PM
Man TF...that sux! Tell them play nice or your cyber-mom's gonna kick their a$$. :fight:

Maleah
06-27-2007, 02:44 PM
awww........I'm sorry TF! That's horrible! tell them you have a cyber gang that will ALL come and kick their butts! :evil:

yeah.....I'm real scary aren't I :roll:

Freypower
06-27-2007, 07:38 PM
I'm so sorry TF. Please take care of yourself. You're important.

SweetHolly
06-27-2007, 09:49 PM
I'm so sorry TF.

Perfect Little Sister
06-28-2007, 05:02 AM
I'm sitting here at the computer at 2AM as I just can't sleep. I just found out that my grandfather has slipped into a coma and they figure it's only a day or two and he'll be gone. I've known this was coming...but my heart is still breaking. :depressed:

Mrs Frey
06-28-2007, 06:40 AM
Good grief, TF! :( I'm so sorry that you have had to go through the bullying of classmates (I know how that feels... :evil: ) as well as having a seizure... :( :( An awful day, indeed. I wish you well, and hope that you'll be able to overcome the problems with your classmates without having to give up your studies, which are obviously important to you. Don't let those horrid people put a damper on your dreams and ambitions!

Here's an amended version of Glenn's :heart: "Partytown" to cheer you up a bit:

I packed up my books
And I told my class
I've got a group of friends
Who will kick your ass!

(Thanks for the idea, PLS... :twisted: )

Mrs Frey
06-28-2007, 06:43 AM
Oh, PLS, I'm so very sorry about your grandfather. :( Yes, I know that feeling of disbelief... :cry: All I can say is that I wish you strength, comfort and love during this painful time. I'm sure I can speak for everyone here when I say we are thinking of you.

timfan
06-28-2007, 07:45 AM
PLS I am so sorry about your Grandfather :cry: . But just remember it really is better if he goes quickly and doesn't suffer. I'm sure your Grandfather knows how much you love him and you will ALWAYS have the memories! We are here for you sweetie.

glenneaglesfan
06-28-2007, 10:05 AM
TF, so sorry to hear about your awful day, and problems with your classmates. I hope you can sort something out to continue your studies.

PLS, I'm very sad to hear about your grandfather. We are all thinking of you.

I have some better news. My elder son has passed his first year exams at university. We'll have a little celebration tonight! :cheers:

Brooke
06-28-2007, 10:25 AM
PLS, I'm so sorry to hear about your grandfather. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

And gef, congratulations to your son for his accomplishment! I'm sure he feels great knowing that one year is done! :yay:

EasyFeeling
06-28-2007, 01:56 PM
Oh, good and sad news to read here...

DF, sounds like BIG fun! :D
GEF, congrats to your son! :D

TF, I'm sorry to hear about your problems and I feel very sorry for you PLS. :( I can imagine how you feel at the moment. I remember when my grandparents died 10 years ago. I lived with them for a few years when I was 2 and went back to my parents when I was 6. I miss them very much.
My thoughts are with you.

Freypower
06-28-2007, 08:49 PM
I'm so sorry PLS. I hope it won't take too long. I know what it is like to wait for it to happen.

Congratulations to your son GEF.

sodascouts
06-28-2007, 09:07 PM
PLS, so sorry to hear about your grandfather. I'll say a prayer for your family in this hard time.

TF, as you know I understand all too well how horrible it is to have a seizure in class. I'm so sorry you are having such trouble with your lame group. However, I encourage you to try to stick it out if your doctor says it's OK. You've come so far - don't let those people stop you from finishing.

Finally GEF - congrats! This is one of the sons I met, right? The one who left the room in disgust when we were gushing over Glenn? ;) Happy to hear he's done so well!

timfan
06-28-2007, 09:09 PM
Well after consulting with my doctor today, I will be completing the course this semester. It's only 5 weeks left in the course and as my doctor pointed out the last 3 of those weeks are for presentations and the final exam. So I can handle 2 more classes!

In terms of whether I am still working with the group or not I am not sure. I will talk to my Proffessor before the next class to figure out how to handle that part.

Thanks everyone for your support and kinds words. It has been a rough few days but knowing I have had my friends support has truly helped :)

SweetHolly
06-29-2007, 01:18 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about your grandfather PLS. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

I'm glad you'll be able to stay in your course TF.

Perfect Little Sister
06-29-2007, 03:06 AM
Thank you everyone for your kind words. My grandfather passed in the wee hours of Thursday morning. Interestingly enough...I couldn't sleep at all last night and suddenly at about 4:30am I couldn't lie there. I felt a frantic need to get up and pray the Rosary. So I did. About a half hour later I lay down again (in vain) and waited for the phone to ring. At 7am it did. My uncle went in and found him around 5:30am. At least he went quietly, in his sleep. I'm glad it didn't hurt.
I've got to get some sleep at some point....

SweetHolly
06-29-2007, 03:25 AM
I'm so sorry that your grandfather passed away PLS. :cry:

Perfect Little Sister
06-29-2007, 03:27 AM
Please forgive me for being so rude!

Congrats to your son GEF! That is wonderful news.
And DF, I hope you have a wonderful time this weekend.
TF, I'm glad to hear the doc is not overly concerned with this latest hurdle. Hang in there kiddo!

timfan
06-29-2007, 08:10 AM
PLS I am so sorry to hear of your grandfather's passing. It really is amazing how we just know instinctively when something like that is happening to a loved one. As hard as it is try to get some sleep. Your grandfather wouldn't want your health suffering because of his death.

Brooke
06-29-2007, 09:43 AM
I'm so sorry about your grandfather, PLS. It is a blessing that he seemed to go peacefully, though.

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Mrs Frey
06-29-2007, 10:48 AM
I'm also so sorry for your loss, PLS. :( I realise that no words can really comfort you during this difficult time, but know that we're all thinking of you and your family, and wish you every strength. Your grandfather is at peace now.

GEF, congratulations on your son's passing his first year university exams! That is wonderful. May he go from strength to strength. :yay:

glenneaglesfan
06-29-2007, 10:52 AM
I'm very sorry to hear about your grandfather, PLS, but I'm glad his passing was peaceful, and I'm sure in some way he was comforted by your prayers.

Thanks for your congratulations to my son, everyone. Nancy, I couldn't help breaking into a broad grin when I read your comment!

06-29-2007, 11:32 AM
I apologize for being terribly behind on this thread. Rather than attempting to comment on everything I've missed, I just want to say that this is a great community of people and it is wonderful that we are able to share both our good and bad experiences with one another. It is amazing how friendships can be formed with people all over the globe because of the Internet and a shared common interest in a band. PLS, you are especially in our thoughts as you cope with the loss of your grandfather.

sodascouts
06-29-2007, 12:09 PM
I'm sorry to hear of your grandfather's death, PLS, but I am glad to hear that the fact he passed in his sleep is of comfort to you.

Marco
06-29-2007, 01:08 PM
I'm sorry for that Kath, is really bad. :?
Is really sad about Your grandfather Melissa :cry:

Glennsallnighter
06-29-2007, 05:49 PM
I've been so busy this week I just haven't had time to read all the threads, so forgive me if I'm a little late.
PLS of couse you have my sympathies and your Grandfather is in my thoughts and prayers, as is the rest of your family at this time.

And Timfan, you hang in there and hopefully soon you will be successful. Then this time of your life will just be like a bad dream. Timtot sends her best too.

And GEF, delighted your son has passed his first year uni exams. Enjoy the celebrations.

Freypower
06-29-2007, 08:51 PM
PLS, my deepest sympathy on the loss of your grandfather, and please restore your avatar. I've changed mine early to reassure you. I'm sorry I gave you the wrong impression about that. :blush:

EasyFeeling
06-30-2007, 05:46 AM
:( I've expected this when I come here today. I'm so very sorry about that, PLS. :(

Dreamer, I totally agree with what you've said. It's amazing it's like I would know you all personally. I've never thought that when I joined the board last year. :)

Brooke
06-30-2007, 09:18 AM
Dreamer, I totally agree with what you've said. It's amazing it's like I would know you all personally. I've never thought that when I joined the board last year. :)

I agree with you guys. It seems like everyone here are old friends and I feel your pain and joy just as if I were right there with you. :D

DonFan
06-30-2007, 10:08 PM
PLS, I am so sorry to hear of your grandfather's passing. You have my deepest sympathy.

sodascouts
07-03-2007, 12:15 AM
Well guys, just got in from Chicago where I stayed overnight after attending Summerfest in Milwaukee. I went to see Lindsey Buckingham and it was an incredible show, the best of his solo shows that I've seen this tour (I've been to five others over the past year, but if you think that's bad, there are people far worse!) I'll write more in the "concert" thread, but there was one thing that freaked me out a bit. With Summerfest it's first come, first serve on the seats, and so myself and my three hardcore cohorts got there early and staked out a seat. Front row was already taken by fpeople who are even more hardcore than I am, but once folks started standing we made it to the front and stood at the rail that separates the audience from the stage and the area with the speakers. Only problem was that I was directly IN FRONT of one of those speakers. When I left that night, my ears were ringing and it's only now, two days later, that the ringing is starting to fade. That can't be a good thing!

DonFan
07-03-2007, 06:58 AM
I'm glad you had a good time, Nancy, but the ringing in the ears is not good. Are they any better today?

sodascouts
07-03-2007, 11:45 AM
They are better. I can still hear the ringing, but only when it's quiet.

EasyFeeling
07-03-2007, 03:32 PM
I'm glad you had a good time, Nancy. I've just read your review and it sounds great. :)
Regarding the ringing... I guess we are just getting old. :shock: Next time you should take earplugs with you. Just in case. :wink:

SweetHolly
07-03-2007, 07:52 PM
Awesome Nancy! I hope your ears are feeling better.

glenneaglesfan
07-04-2007, 03:08 AM
The festival sounds great, Soda, and it's nice to have you back. Hope your ears are better now.

sodascouts
07-04-2007, 10:53 AM
Hearing is back 100%! Good to know as I'll need it for upcoming shows of a different sort. ;)

DonFan
07-04-2007, 01:22 PM
Glad to hear it! Maybe you should avoid standing right in front of the speakers at the next shows! :wink:

Glennsallnighter
07-04-2007, 06:37 PM
Hearing is back 100%! Good to know as I'll need it for upcoming shows of a different sort. ;)

You bet you will! You lucky thing :jealous: :D

07-05-2007, 08:50 AM

You bet you will because I don't want to have to distract my concentration by having to tell you everything that is said. :D :twisted:

Mrs Frey
07-06-2007, 06:38 AM

You bet you will because I don't want to have to distract my concentration by having to tell you everything that is said. :D :twisted:

:lol: Dreamer! I'm glad your ears are better now, Soda. I have sensitive ears myself, and usually get quite irritated when I'm watching a band at a restaurant and the music's too loud. I usually have ringing in my ears once I leave :scowl:, and if I have a friend with me, I usually have to shout at him/her to be heard over the band :roll:.

You two girls will think of me at Glenn's :heart: shows, won't you? :D You'll think of me as I watch "Live In Dublin" on the same nights, as a consolation, crying my eyes out in despair at what could have been... :weep: :jealous: :wink:

Marco
07-08-2007, 09:54 AM
I'm really happy because a member of eagleland ask me, if I can trade my HFO re-make :)

Yesterday in my city there was a special night because the all the shops were open all the night, so there were a lot of people in the downtown of the city, and a lot of little band play music on the streets, and a band performed
Learn To Be Stil 8) 8) 8) One of my favourite songs

See You

sodascouts
07-08-2007, 10:25 AM
Kathryn's father just called me. Kathryn has been hit by a car and is in the hospital. Luckily, her condition is relatively good - nothing is broken except perhaps her cheekbone, although she is in a lot of pain. They are concerned about one of her eyes and are bringing an opthamologist in. I know any prayers or good thoughts would be appreciated. They hope she will be out of the hospital by Wednesday.

glenneaglesfan
07-08-2007, 11:28 AM
Nancy, that's awful news about Kathryn. I sincerely hope the concern about her eye proves unfounded, and that she makes a speedy recovery. My thoughts and prayers will be with her, and her father, who must be beside himself. Thanks for letting us know.

07-08-2007, 11:39 AM
First of all, Marcox, that is really cool about that band playing Learn To Be Still since it's probably one of the guy's most frequently covered songs. I like the song a lot, too.

And we will be thinking about all you guys and gals next month in Niagara Falls. Kath is supposed to go too. Of course, I have my fingers crossed that she is okay, and please keep us posted when you hear something else, Nancy.

DonFan
07-08-2007, 03:17 PM
I just read the news about Kathryn. I hope she is better now!

EasyFeeling
07-08-2007, 04:22 PM
:shock: I hope Kath is ok and she feels better soon.

Freypower
07-08-2007, 07:25 PM
I hope she is OK. She seems to have been through a lot recently.

Molly
07-08-2007, 09:51 PM
Poor Kathryn! Nancy, do you have her address, so even if we can't get something to her by Wednesday, we could send it to her home?

sodascouts
07-08-2007, 09:55 PM
Certainly - I'll PM it to you. Anyone else who would like it, PM me as well.

Mrs Frey
07-09-2007, 10:41 AM
I'm so sorry to read about Kathryn's accident. My thoughts and prayers are certainly with her.

Brooke
07-09-2007, 04:19 PM
Oh my, I just read about Kath! I'll keep her in my thoughts and prayers, too.

DonFan
07-09-2007, 04:56 PM
Nancy, do you have an update about Kath yet?

SweetHolly
07-09-2007, 05:42 PM
I hope Kathryn's doing better. She's in my thoughts and prayers.

sodascouts
07-09-2007, 05:49 PM
No, not yet, I'm afraid.

Glennsallnighter
07-09-2007, 07:05 PM
I just read this too. I'll keep Kath in my thoughts and prayers too.

Maleah
07-09-2007, 11:16 PM
Oh my gosh! I just read that about Kath! That's awful!!! She will definently be in my thoughts and prayers!

freyfanatic
07-10-2007, 01:08 AM
I just read about Kath, she's in my thoughts and prayers.

Mrs Frey
07-11-2007, 06:44 AM
Before I give you all my 10 cents worth of news, I just want to say that I hope Kath is doing well and that she is ready to leave hospital.

Last night, at my band practice, one of my bandmates gave me a vintage (1968) Ibanez electric guitar to play. I am an acoustic rhythm guitarist, and have very little electric guitar experience, so playing the instrument took a bit of adjusting. After a while, though, I got used to it, and it sounded pretty good. The guitar is a copy of the Fender Telecaster guitar.

The reason why this story is important to me, is that my friend has made me an offer to buy the guitar, and while I weigh up the pros and cons, two of the pros would be that:

1). That magnificent yellow guitar Glenn :heart: plays in "Live In Dublin" is
an Ibanez :D and;
2). I've seen Glenn :heart: play a Fender Telecaster too! :D :D 8)

You think I should buy the guitar (when my ship comes in)?

Glennsallnighter
07-11-2007, 07:13 AM
You bet! :D :guitar:

sodascouts
07-11-2007, 11:47 AM
If you can afford it and it would make you happy, do it!

sodascouts
07-11-2007, 12:07 PM
update about Kath:

Her eye had to operated on last night because her eye socket was damaged, and she'll have to remain in the hospital at least another day as result. The operation was successful, and they are hoping now that she can come home Thursday or Friday.

She could have more eye damage but right now, it's too early to tell, as there's too much blood in the eye for them to see. However, she is able to see with it, which is of course good news!

glenneaglesfan
07-11-2007, 05:09 PM
Thanks for the update, Nancy. It sounds as if the fractured cheek bone had serious complications. Let's hope the surgeons have done a good job. It's very good to hear that Kathryn can see out of that eye.

MF, if that guitar feels good to you, go for it. There are quite a few things in my youth that I didn't buy for various reasons, and one or two I regret. Sometimes you have to go for broke, or Take It To The Limit!

Mrs Frey
07-12-2007, 09:37 AM
I'm glad to read that Kath is doing well, although her eye is still a concern. Let's hope that there is no permanent damage.

Thanks for the support, GA, Soda and GEF, regarding my purchasing that Ibanez guitar. I'm in two minds at the moment, and want to weigh up my options. I need to try the guitar with a different amplifier, and perhaps try other guitars before I make any commitment. But whatever I decide (and it could take a while! :wink: ), I'll keep you all posted! :D

DonFan
07-12-2007, 11:30 AM
I am glad Kath is doing better, too. Please tell her we are all pulling for her!

EasyFeeling
07-12-2007, 02:28 PM
I hope Kath is doing well meanwhile. Send my best wishes to her, Nancy!

timfan
07-12-2007, 02:46 PM
Thanks for the well wishes and concern everyone!! I am back home, ( just arrived a few hours ago) and while I still can't see the greatest and am dealing with alot of soreness. I am feeling very very lucky.. both to be ALIVE and to have such great friends as YOU!!! :D

I may not be online as much in the next little while, as I am suppose to let my body readjust to life and do things in small doses so no 8 hours in front of the computer for me right now!!

Also apologies if my typing is worse than usual, the eyesight isn't the best right now but hopefully thats just temporary!! The eyes are better today than they were yesterday!

Perfect Little Sister
07-12-2007, 03:38 PM
OH!! Welcome home Kath!!!! :yay: :blueblob: :partytime: I'm so thankful you're ok! Now just make sure you Take It Easy! :D :iloveyou:

EasyFeeling
07-12-2007, 03:48 PM
I hope Kath is doing well meanwhile. Send my best wishes to her, Nancy!

Sorry for quoting myself... but now there's no need anymore, Nancy. :D

I'm glad you're back, Kath! http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/midi/liebe/f050.gif

glenneaglesfan
07-12-2007, 04:11 PM
Kath!!! Welcome back!! :D :D I'm so glad to see that you are safely home, and that your vision is improving. Now you must rest and recover, and visit us when you feel like it.
A big :hug: from me!

timfan
07-12-2007, 04:18 PM
I thought I'd give everyone more of a low down of the events o f last saturday...

Saturday morning about 11:30 am I was walking down to pick up some food for lunch for Dad and I. When i got to the corner ( busy intersection) rather than going down the extra half block to the lights i crossed at the corner thru traffic ( i have done this hundreds of times but NEVER again!!) I got half way thru and according to witnesses I looked the wrogn way and started to cross. A grey SUV was coming towards me and did not see me til it was too late ( i'm only 5 feet and we know how tall those SUV's are!) the last thing i remember is seeing grey and hearing a scream . i am unsure if the scream was me or a witness. Apparently when the SUV hit I was thrown between 6 to 10 feet. Luckliy the gentlemen driving was only going about 20 km an hour so it could have been much worse!!

When i awoke a good samaratian was beside me holding a tissue to a cut on my head. They originally thought my right arm was broken but it is just severely bruised. The SUV made contact with the right side of my body so that is were most of the bruises and abraisions are and was actually knocked right out of my sandles withe the impact!

I had 5 small seizures and one larger seizure at the hospital within the first 2 hours after the accident but have had none since. So no one is particularlly conxccerned that this has changed my seizure patterns

I am soo grateful that it wasn't worse and have learned a valuable lesson from this.. someohow the little stuff from school doesn't seem as important! I AM ALIVE!!!

p.s because of all this i have withdrawn from the college course and will be taking some time off (unsure of how long)

Brooke
07-12-2007, 04:31 PM
Welcome back Kath! We are all so glad to hear you are home and recuperating. Take good care of yourself. Sounds like you were very lucky indeed. :yay:

07-12-2007, 04:40 PM
Kath - a huge welcome back from me, too. Of course, we are all delighted that you are back and luckily, in one piece. I know you must be counting your lucky stars that it wasn't worse than it was. As far as your college course - I really believe things happen for a reason, so maybe it just wasn't meant to be at this time. You have plenty of time and a bright future ahead of you, so you can resume your studies when the time is right.

Here's a great big cyber-:hug: from me, too.

sodascouts
07-12-2007, 05:18 PM
Wonderful, Kath, it's so great to have you back!

Glennsallnighter
07-12-2007, 07:18 PM
Hi Kath! Wonderful to hear from you again. While that was an unfortunate accident, and we were all very worried about you, thank God you're ok. As others have already said, and I echo them, Take It Easy and give yourself the time and rest you need to recover. Hope the injuries are improving and not causing you too much discomfort. If you need to rest the eyes, lie down and listen to a little Eagles and Tim music, and maybe you have a place for some of Glenn's as well. Hopefully you'll be back right as rain in no time. Here's another cyber :hug:

Freypower
07-12-2007, 07:30 PM
You poor thing Kath. Please rest & take care of yourself. :grouphug:

Molly
07-12-2007, 07:47 PM
Welcome back, Kath! I'm glad to hear you're home and doing so well.

Maleah
07-12-2007, 09:00 PM
Oh wow Kath! That is so scary! You had someone looking out for you that day...thank God!

DonFan
07-12-2007, 11:04 PM
Kath, I am so glad you are okay, and that the good samaritan was there to help you out when needed. Please take good care of yourself. (And after your story, I am never crossing in the middle of a street again either!)

Mrs Frey
07-13-2007, 02:27 AM
Welcome back, Kath! :yay: :D I am so glad you are okay. What a horrible experience - I feel so badly for you :( . At least there are still some great people in the world, and a good samaritan helped you. Thank the Lord.

I wish you everything of the best, and just know that we are all thinking of you.

glenneaglesfan
07-13-2007, 12:42 PM
Oh Kath, that accident sounds truly terrifying, but thank goodness you escaped more serious injury, and it sounds as if everyone around was wonderful. Sorry to hear about your studies, but I'm sure something will work out for you soon.

freyfanatic
07-13-2007, 04:42 PM
Welcome back Kath!! Glad to hear you're ok :D Get plenty of rest and take good care of yourself.

SweetHolly
07-13-2007, 05:31 PM
Glad you're back Kath. Take good care of yourself. We're all pulling for you.

SweetHolly
07-13-2007, 05:33 PM
This week has been very sad here in Terre Haute, Indiana where I'm visiting my aunts. David, who is one of the custodians at the school where my aunt Sarah teaches at, lost his mother on Monday morning so I've been spending a lot of time with his family and my aunt Sarah is really close to him and all of his family. The funeral was yesterday and it was so touching and I cried my eyes out. I really loved Betty a lot and spending time with her. I miss her so much.

My younger brother John and his girlfriend Megan are both musicians and they live in Austin, Texas and both are in graduate school studying music at the University of Texas and were both asked to sing at Lady Bird Johnson's Funeral. My mom called me to tell me about Don Henley singing at the funeral and said that John had gotten an email from someone a few days before Lady Bird died saying that someone prominent was going to die soon funeral and if John and Megan would be available to sing at the funeral.

sodascouts
07-13-2007, 05:56 PM
This week has been very sad here in Terre Haute, Indiana where I'm visiting my aunts. David, who is one of the custodians at the school where my aunt Sarah teaches at, lost his mother on Monday morning so I've been spending a lot of time with his family and my aunt Sarah is really close to him and all of his family. The funeral was yesterday and it was so touching and I cried my eyes out. I really loved Betty a lot and spending time with her. I miss her so much.

My younger brother John and his girlfriend Megan are both musicians and they live in Austin, Texas and both are in graduate school studying music at the University of Texas and were both asked to sing at Lady Bird Johnson's Funeral. My mom called me to tell me about Don Henley singing at the funeral and said that John had gotten an email from someone a few days before Lady Bird died saying that someone prominent was going to die soon funeral and if John and Megan would be available to sing at the funeral.

First, I'm very sorry to hear about your loss. I hope you can find comfort with you family.

I'm not sure that I understand what you're saying in the second part - were your brother and his girlfriend part of the University of Texas Chamber Singers that performed at the funeral? If so, what a honor for them.

Freypower
07-13-2007, 08:22 PM

I'm not sure why Don Henley would sing at Mrs Johnson's funeral. Both Texans, yes,but what other connection is there?

I just read a report from the Houston Chronicle and all it said was that a song was sung at the end. Henley was not mentioned.

07-13-2007, 08:51 PM
Holly - I am sorry about your bad week.

The funeral service for the former first lady is not until tomorrow and the burial is not until Sunday, I believe. Besides being a fellow Texan and a wonderful singer, Don is also an activist Democrat so that may be why he would be asked to sing at the funeral.

sodascouts
07-13-2007, 11:35 PM
The funeral ceremonies began today and extend until tomorrow (Saturday). Today, they had the Chamber Singers perform and people were able to view the casket at the LBJ Library.

I had not heard Don Henley would perform there. It's possible, but honestly, I'd be very surprised. This isn't a funeral for Princess Diana here, this is one for an old-fashioned first lady.

Freypower
07-14-2007, 12:24 AM
And I would have thought the Democrats Don supports now are rather different from the Democrats led by President Johnson who escalated the war in Vietnam. What I read on the Houston Chronicle's website must have been about the casket viewing.

sodascouts
07-14-2007, 12:42 AM
Well, FP, even if Henley didn't agree with her husband's politics, Lady Bird was known for her concern about beautifying the environment, which would appeal to Don. I'm not saying he WOULDN'T do it. I just don't think that the family would ask a rock star to sing at her funeral, that's all. But who knows, stranger things have happened.

Marco
07-14-2007, 09:44 AM
I'm happy for Kath :)
I'm sorry for You Holly :(
See You :lol:

Mrs Frey
07-16-2007, 06:37 AM

I'm so sorry for your loss, SH. My condolences to David and his family - may the Lord walk with them during this painful time.

SweetHolly
07-16-2007, 12:57 PM
Thanks everyone. My mom had heard that Don was going to sing at the funeral and so she called to tell me. I think my brother is part of the chamber singers at the University of Texas so that's why he was asked to sing.

glenneaglesfan
07-16-2007, 04:33 PM
SweetHolly, I'm sad to hear about your personal sadness. I'll be thinking about you and your friend's family.

Maleah
07-16-2007, 06:10 PM
same here Holly......I'm sorry to hear about your loss. :( I'll be thinking about and praying for you and your family

Freypower
07-16-2007, 07:50 PM
Thanks everyone. My mom had heard that Don was going to sing at the funeral and so she called to tell me. I think my brother is part of the chamber singers at the University of Texas so that's why he was asked to sing.

But did Don sing?

SweetHolly
07-17-2007, 02:31 PM
same here Holly......I'm sorry to hear about your loss. :( I'll be thinking about and praying for you and your family
Thanks Maleah.

SweetHolly
07-17-2007, 02:31 PM
SweetHolly, I'm sad to hear about your personal sadness. I'll be thinking about you and your friend's family.
Thanks

SweetHolly
07-17-2007, 02:37 PM
But did Don sing?
No Don did not sing. Maybe my mom just got the info wrong when she told me. I'm sorry for this. I've been so depressed about getting this info wrong that I'm about to suffer a nervous breakdown or something.

Randy's Girl
07-17-2007, 02:53 PM
Aw, Holly, please don't worry about it. We're all here for you, don't ever forget that. I'm sending you a big big hug :hug:

SweetHolly
07-17-2007, 02:55 PM
Aw, Holly, please don't worry about it. We're all here for you, don't ever forget that. I'm sending you a big big hug :hug:
Thanks Liza! I appreciate it. :hug:

EasyFeeling
07-17-2007, 03:21 PM
I'm late on this. I'm sorry to hear about your loss, Holly. :( I know it won't comfort you but time heals all wounds.

07-17-2007, 03:27 PM
Holly - Please don't worry about that - it is really no big deal. You know what they say "Stuff happens" or in other words don't sweat the small stuff. (Or as Soda's banner proclaims - "Don't sweat the petty things" and "Don't pet the sweaty things.") ;) ;)

EasyFeeling
07-17-2007, 03:32 PM
Holly - Please don't worry about that - it is really no big deal. You know what they say "Stuff happens" or in other words don't sweat the small stuff. (Or as Soda's banner proclaims - "Don't sweat the petty things" and "Don't pet the sweaty things.") ;) ;)

:? :? Ok, I'm lost. http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/g020.gif

07-17-2007, 04:50 PM
First of all - Michaela, you're only 2 posts away from 1000.

:? :? Ok, I'm lost. http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/g020.gif

Now about this - I'll try to explain. In the states, we have an old saying "Don't sweat the small stuff" that means you should not let little, unimportant things worry you. We use the word 'sweat' sometimes as slang. Instead of saying "Don't worry about it.", we will sometimes say "Don't sweat it." And 'petty' is just another word for small or unimportant.

So Soda's signature is a play on words.

"Don't sweat the petty things" (I just explained that) and then "Don't pet the sweaty things" (well - just use your imagination). OBTW - 'pet' is another word for 'touch' or 'feel'.

Hope this all makes sense and I didn't confuse you even more. :wink:

Freypower
07-17-2007, 07:05 PM
But did Don sing?
No Don did not sing. Maybe my mom just got the info wrong when she told me. I'm sorry for this. I've been so depressed about getting this info wrong that I'm about to suffer a nervous breakdown or something.

Don't be sorry. It was totally understandable. I add my sympathy for your loss.

Glennsallnighter
07-18-2007, 06:29 AM
But did Don sing?

Don't be sorry. It was totally understandable. I add my sympathy for your loss.

Hey, don't worry SH, we all make mistakes. May I also sympathise with you.

EasyFeeling
07-19-2007, 08:03 AM
I thought so but wasn't sure. Thanks Dreamer, you've explained it perfect, as always. :wink:

SweetHolly
07-19-2007, 01:23 PM
Thanks everyone. I appreciate it. Yesterday my aunt Sarah and I went to Indianapolis, Indiana with the Summer Honors program at Indiana State University. My aunt Sarah is a first grade teacher in Terre Haute, Indiana and she is taking part of the summer honors program and so we went with a bunch of high school students who are taking part of the program and went to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway and to the Indianapolis Zoo. It was a lot of fun. One of the many cool things I got to do at the zoo was pet a shark.

Brooke
07-19-2007, 04:16 PM
Sounds like a fun day SH! :D

glenneaglesfan
07-19-2007, 05:20 PM
SH, glad you had a nice day after all the sadness you've been through recently. Petting a shark? That's really brave!

timfan
07-19-2007, 06:41 PM
SH sounds like you had quite the adventure!

An update from me. I am recovering very well. The black eye is almost gone and the blood is slowing draining from my eyeball. I can't wait to be rid of the stitches ( on tuesday I have them removed). I'm getting out of the house every day even if its just for a little while. As I move around more I am dealing with more stiffness and I have some deep bone bruises that may take awhile to fully heal. My goal is to be in the best shape possible for the Glenn shows next month!! :D

Once again THANK YOU everyone for your continued support and well wishes. 8)

Freypower
07-19-2007, 11:13 PM
This isn't MY life, but as we continue waiting for this album, I at least now know that Mark Knopfler's new album will be out mid-September and will be called Kill To Get Crimson. He also received an honorary doctorate in music from the University of Sunderland.

http://www.sunderland.ac.uk/caffairs/jul07p8.png

EasyFeeling
07-20-2007, 04:33 AM
I'm glad you are doing so much better, TF. :D

Brooke, I never noticed the slogan in your signature. Sounds familiar, I like it. :twisted: :wink:

Glennsallnighter
07-20-2007, 06:34 AM
I'm so glad you're feeling a bit better Kath. It was such rotten luck. What a wonderful goal to have. I really hope you enjoy the Glenn :heart: shows next month. After all you've been through you deserve it. :D

Brooke
07-20-2007, 10:18 AM
Brooke, I never noticed the slogan in your signature. Sounds familiar, I like it. :twisted: :wink:

I've been waiting for you to pick up on it EF! I love that song! :D

tf, I'm glad to hear you are getting better. Hang in there!

Today I'm celebrating my 33rd anniversary! :cheers: "Days go by!" :headscratch:

EasyFeeling
07-20-2007, 12:03 PM
I've been waiting for you to pick up on it EF! I love that song! :D

Today I'm celebrating my 33rd anniversary! :cheers: "Days go by!" :headscratch:

Ah Brooke, I'm sure you put it up quite recently. :wink:

:shock: Anniversary? Wedding anniversary? Congratulations! :D http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/musik/f010.gif Seems you met your Once in a lifetime love back then. :wink:

07-20-2007, 12:14 PM
Kath - I'm so glad to hear you are making progress. And I love your goal - you must be fully recuperated for Glenn shows (after all, you never know when you may have to take off running :wink: :wink: ).

And a great, big Congratulations from me, Brooke.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EasyFeeling
07-20-2007, 12:20 PM
after all, you never know when you may have to take off running :wink: :wink:

http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/g020.gif http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/g020.gif You crack me up, Dreamer. http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/g020.gif
You lucky girls, I'm so :jealous:

sodascouts
07-20-2007, 12:53 PM
Just got a call from DonFan - her internet has been out for three days and she's just going nuts! Hopefully it will be back tomorrow, but she wanted me to let you know why she was MIA. Also, GEF, she got the walkman and sends you many thanks!

TF, I'm sure you'll be good as new once it's time to see Glenn - we're gonna have a blast!

And Brooke - happy anniversary!! 33 years - awesome!

SweetHolly
07-20-2007, 01:30 PM
TF, glad you're feeling better.

Happy anniversary Brooke.

Yeah I had quite an adventure at the zoo. They had an area where people could pet sharks if they wanted. It took me a while to do it cause some of the sharks were swimming really low and I couldn't reach my hand down low enough but I got to pet one and it was worth it. I also got to see the dolphins perform. I didn't get to see the elephants perform this year though but I did get to see them last year though when my aunt took me to the zoo before I went home to Dallas.

glenneaglesfan
07-20-2007, 04:24 PM
SH, that zoo sounds amazing. I'm still not sure I'd be brave enough to pet a shark! I was in a small boat once, when a shark swam under it, and everyone was on tenterhooks, wondering what would happen. Thankfully, it got bored and swam away.

Soda, thanks for the message from DonFan. My sympathies - I know how frustrating it is when you can't get on line. Glad the Walkman arrived. :)

Kath, it's wonderful to hear that you are getting better. We've missed you!

Brooke, Many congratulations on your 33rd anniversary. You two rock!

FP congratulations to Mark , on his new award. It's very nice to see an intelligent songwriter receive appropriate recognition. Nice picture, too. :D

Brooke
07-20-2007, 04:32 PM
:shock: Anniversary? Wedding anniversary? Congratulations! :D http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/musik/f010.gif Seems you met your Once in a lifetime love back then. :wink:

Yeah, stupid boy! :wink:

EasyFeeling
07-20-2007, 05:11 PM

Yeah, stupid boy! :wink:

http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/g020.gif http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/g020.gif

Without internet... terrible. :shock: Does anyone of you remember the time without internet? :? How long does the internet exist, 10 years?

Molly
07-20-2007, 08:45 PM
you must be fully recuperated for Glenn shows (after all, you never know when you may have to take off running :wink: :wink: ).

Careful, Kath, if you're sitting next to dreamer, and you do find an opportunity to "take off running", you may come home with your arm in a sling! :wink:

Happy Anniversary, Brooke! 33 years? You must have been a child bride.

timfan
07-20-2007, 08:49 PM
Happy Anniversary Brooke! 33 years, WOW, you sure found Mr. Right. :D Congratulations hun!

07-21-2007, 12:11 AM
Does anyone of you remember the time without internet? Confused How long does the internet exist, 10 years?

EF - The Internet has been around a bit longer than 10 years, but it does seem like it has really taken off over the last 10 years. I remember first using the Internet at work in a limited capacity during the early 90's. But I remember being adament that I did not want a home computer. I resisted and never bought one until late 2003.

Careful, Kath, if you're sitting next to dreamer, and you do find an opportunity to "take off running", you may come home with your arm in a sling! :wink:

Oh c'mon Molly - quit being a wimp. I didn't hurt your arm THAT bad! :wink: :wink:

EasyFeeling
07-21-2007, 05:22 AM
Since the early 90's? :shock: Wow, I don't remember that anymore. I just know it was something special to have internet access on work back then. Like you I didn't want to buy a home computer but then a coworker gave me his old and lame :roll: laptop so I could play around with it. After a while it was unnerving and I decided to buy my own computer.

SweetHolly
07-21-2007, 01:54 PM
SH, that zoo sounds amazing. I'm still not sure I'd be brave enough to pet a shark! I was in a small boat once, when a shark swam under it, and everyone was on tenterhooks, wondering what would happen. Thankfully, it got bored and swam away.

The Indianapolis Zoo is great. I've been to it several times and loved it every time. I was pretty nervous about petting the shark but I did it and was glad I did. If y'all ever get to Indianapolis, do try to go to the zoo. It's so fabulous.

Tomorrow afternoon my aunt Sarah and I are going to see the Indianapolis Indians which is a minor league baseball team. I can't wait. This will be the second minor league game I've been to this year.

glenneaglesfan
07-21-2007, 02:11 PM
Since the early 90's? :shock: Wow, I don't remember that anymore. I just know it was something special to have internet access on work back then. Like you I didn't want to buy a home computer but then a coworker gave me his old and lame :roll: laptop so I could play around with it. After a while it was unnerving and I decided to buy my own computer.

The first computer we bought was a second hand BBC, in 1986. It needed a tape drive to load up a programme, which took about half an hour. We had a dot matrix printer, and thought we were at the cutting edge.
Like you, EF, we didn't see the need for the internet at first. Then we experimented with looking at websites, and got hooked. Internet shopping and eBay were addictive. Now we have four computers in the house, all networked, and broadband, and none of us could cope without it!

sodascouts
07-21-2007, 02:45 PM

The first computer we bought was a second hand BBC, in 1986. It needed a tape drive to load up a programme, which took about half an hour. We had a dot matrix printer, and thought we were at the cutting edge.
Like you, EF, we didn't see the need for the internet at first. Then we experimented with looking at websites, and got hooked. Internet shopping and eBay were addictive. Now we have four computers in the house, all networked, and broadband, and none of us could cope without it!

I first used a computer in third grade - me and another guy were chosen out of my enrichment class in order to play "Wagon Trail" to utilize our problem-solving abilities and experiment with the use of computers for educational purposes (I was considered a "star-student" at the time - now I'm just another grad student nerd - sob!). My family got our first computer around 1985, like you, GEF. It was really used as a glorified typewriter at the time. Remember REAL floppy disks, the huge ones with the holes in them? In school we were taught to "program" by having a "turtle" make triangles, lol.

Marco
07-21-2007, 03:36 PM
I`m happy for these good news :lol:

Maleah
07-21-2007, 03:49 PM
I'm going to Martina McBride tomorrow!! So excited! :D Third row......I don't think I've been that close before. lol Sad as that sounds.:?

Has anybody ever heard her? She has a ridiculously powerful voice....makes me sick. :D I'd recommend "Where Would You Be," "Whatever You Say," and "Broken Wing." My personal fav.'s ;)

DonFan
07-21-2007, 03:51 PM
I think my DSL lines are fixed--finally! The repairman came out on Wednesday and my internet came up for exactly 30 minutes--just long enough for him to drive off, of course. He returned this morning and I am finally back in business. :D

As I was reading your discussion on what we all did before the internet, I laughed because I have wondered the same thing over the last few days. When I left the corporate world and began my freelance writing career 15 years ago when my youngest daughter was born, I actually had to go to the library and research articles. :shock: Now I find almost everything I need with the click of a mouse. I used to hand-deliver my stories to my editor on a floppy disc--now stories are sent via email. I also write for editors in other states who I have never met face-to-face--everything is handled online. The internet is not only my means to work, it has also become an important way to socialize as well. It is unbelievable to realize just how much my life has changed as a result of the net, along with millions of others, just like me.

Anyway, glad to be back! :thumbsup:
GEF, thanks so much for the Walkman. My daughters love it when I get mail postmarked from other countries.
Kath, I am glad your eye is better. Happy anniversary, Brooke!

Now I am going over to Henley Heaven to catch up on everything I have missed! 8)

glenneaglesfan
07-22-2007, 06:00 AM
Welcome back, Df, and glad the Walkman arrived. Look forward to hearing what's on Zermie's tape now!

EasyFeeling
07-22-2007, 09:43 AM
Welcome back, DF. I'm glad your internet works fine now. :)

Maleah, I'm not familiar with the songs of Martina, but I know she made a duet with Keith, it's called Tryin' To Find A Reason. You can find it on her latest album Waking Up Laughing. Have you already heard it?

Soda, I remember these floppy disks very well. :roll: We always had to change one of them to upload the programmes and the other to write a letter or send a telex or whatever. Back then our department was the first who got a computer. The PC was as big as a desk, with black background screen and green letters, terrible :shock:

Maleah
07-22-2007, 11:59 AM
Maleah, I'm not familiar with the songs of Martina, but I know she made a duet with Keith, it's called Tryin' To Find A Reason. You can find it on her latest album Waking Up Laughing. Have you already heard it?

I sure have! They blend beautifully together! She said that as soon as she heard the song, she knew that she wanted him to sing it with her. I'm assuming you've heard it?

EasyFeeling
07-22-2007, 12:22 PM

I sure have! They blend beautifully together! She said that as soon as she heard the song, she knew that she wanted him to sing it with her. I'm assuming you've heard it?

No, I haven't. :( I heard Keith was too busy to record that song and she said she was waiting until he had the time to do it. What kind of song is it? Is it a ballad?

EasyFeeling
07-23-2007, 12:12 PM
I finished my work day without an opportunity to find out who this "Glenn" guy is. :evil: But... I had a meeting with our works doctor. We talked about the situation in our new administrative building. It's too warm (no air condition) and the light conditions are not the best. Anyway, I can tell you that guy is cute!!! :shock: We saw him several times before in our canteen. Always when he pop up it goes: Look look, the doctor is coming... :drool:
Wow, what beautiful eyes he has... I think I need a medical examination like an ECG or something like that. :twisted: Hopefully it doesn't take so long to get an appointment.

Maleah
07-23-2007, 01:26 PM
No, I haven't. :( I heard Keith was too busy to record that song and she said she was waiting until he had the time to do it. What kind of song is it? Is it a ballad?

Yep, it's a ballad. He plays guitar and sings harmony on it with her. If you send me your email address again, I'll send it to you (or at least try, if it will let me :roll: )

On to CONCERT REVIEW! Woohoo! :lol:

You guys that was the most awesome concert ever. We were third row and close enough that I can tell you that Martina's eyes are just as blue in person as they are in pictures! :lol:

Little Big Town was up first and I didn't really know many of their songs, but their harmonies were absolutely FLAWLESS! I knew two songs, Bring it on Home to Me and Boondocks. The guy with the long blond hair (Philip I think?) kept looking at me and making eye contact. You know he's looking at you when you smile and he smiles back. :roll: lol! But get this........I absolutely FREAKED OUT when I heard a familiar beat start! I was screaming at the top of my lungs OH MY GOSH IT'S AN EAGLES SONG! IT'S AN EAGLES SONG! LOL! I think I even saw them laughing at me. :blush: Anyway, they closed with Heartache Tonight and they absolutely ROCKED it! It was AWESOME! You can tell that they have listened closely to the Eagles because they did all Glenn's little parts. Anyway, so I was recording it on my camera and I had it as high as I could hold it.......Philip saw that and laughed and pointed. :D The cute guy (can't remember his name :roll:) was the one who sang lead. Unfortunately he was on the other side of the stage :? but he came across on that one. ;)

On to MARTINA! I have never in my entire life heard a more amazing singer. Seriously. She was so powerful and flawless. She's this tiny little thing and she just throws back her head and out comes this ridiculously huge voice! The crowd pretty much stood the entire time for her...but sat on a couple of slow songs. But after she sang "Where Would You Be" she got like a 2 minute standing ovation where everyone just kept screaming. It seemed like she was a little suprised and moved by it. That song got the biggest response, but she also got long standing o's for "Broken Wing," "Independance Day," "Whatever You Say," and "Concrete Angels."

There was a family there that must have met her in meet and greet that has taken in many foster kids over the years. And during "Concrete Angels" the lady put a picture of the kids up on the stage at Martina's feet. After the song she picked it up and went over to the lady and asked her to share her story with the crowd because it was so awesome. Anyway she did and Martina asked if she could keep the picture. Then after the next song (which went very well with it, "Love's The Only House" which led into a short "Blessed") she gave the harmonica she played to the lady. One of her encore songs was Pat Benatar's "Hit Me With Your Best Shot." :D It was awesome! She did the CMT Crossroads thing wih Pat a couple years ago.

Anyway, I would pay $100 to go see her again in a HEARTBEAT! I know you guys aren't necessarily fans of country music........but if she's nearby and you can afford it.........GO! She's amazing! I'll share pics (and maybe video if it works!) as soon as I get them on my computer!

Maleah
07-23-2007, 01:30 PM
oh and I forgot to mention this kinda funny story :D

Right before she did the song that she does with Keith Urban, she brought out her younger brother (who is a background singer for her) to sing harmony on it with her. She goes..........now tell me......how did I go from singing a love song with Keith Urban.......to singing it with my little brother? It's a little disturbing. Kind of an Angelina Jolie thing. :shock: I got quite a laugh out of it. :lol:

By the way, if you don't know what she's talking about.........Angelina Jolie made out with her brother on the red carpet a few years ago.

Brooke
07-23-2007, 01:51 PM
That was a WONDERFUL review, Maleah! Sounds like you had a great time!

I'm a big fan of Little Big Town. We talked about them here a while back when they did the Crossroads show with Lindsey Buckingham. I love their harmonies, too. Wow, an Eagles song? 8) Can't wait to see your pictures!

And Martina is something isn't she?! She does have a beautiful voice! I like a lot of her songs, too!

I haven't seen either of them live, but now I want to! :D

EasyFeeling
07-23-2007, 01:55 PM
Wow, sounds like a fantastic concert, Maleah. :D As I told you I'm not familiar with her music so I went to youtube to watch a video. She has a great voice, very cool.
I was just about to wonder about the Angelina Jolie thing but then you've explained that. :wink:
I would love to see a video. I doubt she will ever go to Germany. Country music is not a popular style of music here. I think that's why Keith will never make it here. :?

Ooooh, I forgot... I would love to get that song. 8)

sodascouts
07-23-2007, 02:12 PM
Thanks for the review of the concert, Maleah. It sounds awesome! How cool that LBT did Heartache Tonight, too! And it sounds like Martina is an amazing performer.

Maleah
07-23-2007, 02:29 PM
That was a WONDERFUL review, Maleah! Sounds like you had a great time!

I'm a big fan of Little Big Town. We talked about them here a while back when they did the Crossroads show with Lindsey Buckingham. I love their harmonies, too. Wow, an Eagles song? 8) Can't wait to see your pictures!

And Martina is something isn't she?! She does have a beautiful voice! I like a lot of her songs, too!

I haven't seen either of them live, but now I want to! :D

Oh gosh...if you get the chance...GO!!! We drove 4 hours to get to it :blush: But in ND.......that's not much because you just don't get that many concerts. lol

I'm actually really disappointed because I thought I recorded LBT's version of HT on my camera.......but something must have happened because it's not there :(

and yes...Martina is AMAZING!! And so beautiful too! Makes me sick :? ;)

Maleah
07-23-2007, 02:30 PM
Wow, sounds like a fantastic concert, Maleah. :D As I told you I'm not familiar with her music so I went to youtube to watch a video. She has a great voice, very cool.
I was just about to wonder about the Angelina Jolie thing but then you've explained that. :wink:
I would love to see a video. I doubt she will ever go to Germany. Country music is not a popular style of music here. I think that's why Keith will never make it here. :?

Ooooh, I forgot... I would love to get that song. 8)

you never know EF! You got to see Keith after all.........right? :D

Maleah
07-23-2007, 02:31 PM
Thanks for the review of the concert, Maleah. It sounds awesome! How cool that LBT did Heartache Tonight, too! And it sounds like Martina is an amazing performer.

I think LBT mentioned that they have like 9 dates left with Martina. they mentioned that they hope they make them all because one of the members is 9 months pregnant right now. lol But if they come nearby...........any of you guys should go! I'm sure they'll close with the same song ;)

EasyFeeling
07-23-2007, 02:34 PM
True. I will keep my eyes open. :) There are many people in the German Keith forum who are country music fans. I'm sure when Martina comes I will read it there. 8)

Maleah
07-23-2007, 02:51 PM
by the way, before the Little Big Town show, they had a video playing that said "we love it when you sing along" and it showed little clips of people singing "Boondocks." Imagine my suprise when I looked up LBT on youtube and saw that all those videos they have on there are from youtube :lol:

Glennsallnighter
07-24-2007, 04:47 AM
Right, Girls, we're escaping! As the kitchen renovations have reached a critical point (ie they're breaking in the wall between the 'old' and 'new' part) its getting unbearable and quite dangerous remaining here so we are off to the West of Ireland. So I'll be off the board for about a week :( . Still its an area renowned for Golf courses :wink: :wink: ........................... Oh well, let me dream anyway :D
So farewell (1) for a week. Love you all. Lisa xxx

sodascouts
07-24-2007, 11:17 AM
Have fun, Lisa! We'll miss you. See you later!

Sexy Girl
07-24-2007, 05:16 PM
Have a great week, Lisa!!

I hope everything is done on your return - nothing worse than all that dirt and dust in your house :roll:

Mrs Frey
07-25-2007, 02:22 AM
I finished my work day without an opportunity to find out who this "Glenn" guy is. :evil: But... I had a meeting with our works doctor. We talked about the situation in our new administrative building. It's too warm (no air condition) and the light conditions are not the best. Anyway, I can tell you that guy is cute!!! :shock: We saw him several times before in our canteen. Always when he pop up it goes: Look look, the doctor is coming... :drool:
Wow, what beautiful eyes he has... I think I need a medical examination like an ECG or something like that. :twisted: Hopefully it doesn't take so long to get an appointment.

I've a bit of catching up to do in this thread! You all have such interesting lives! :D EF, I really enjoyed the highlighted line in your quote! :twisted: You are very enterprising! I hope you find out more about the "Glenn" guy soon - I'm dying to know more! :twisted:

Maleah, the Martina McBride concert sounds wonderful. It's great that Little Big Town performed "Heartache Tonight" so well - I can understand why you would have been so excited! :wink:

TF, I'm so glad you are recovering so well. I hope Glenn :heart: blows you a kiss at his shows next month. I'm jealous :wink:, but I still hope you will have a great time! :D

Brooke, a rather belated congratulations on your 33rd wedding anniversary. Wow, that is fantastic - your hubby is obviously your soulmate, and I hope to one day find my soulmate... If his initials are GF, all the better! :twisted: :wink:

Enjoy your holiday, GA! I'll miss you, but I know that you're with us in spirit! :wink:

I enjoyed all the Internet stories from everyone. I was technologically isolated until last year, when I finally used e-mail and the Internet for the first time (believe it or not :roll: ), but I've learnt quickly, and it's a lot of fun. I can safely say that I would not have learnt anything much about the Eagles or Glenn :heart: if the Internet did not exist! :D

My own 5 cents worth of (bad) news is that the band in which I play and I will no longer be playing at my friend's 50th birthday party. He has decided, due to our newest recruit (now we're not so sure!) letting us down at practice last night, on the last minute, by not pitching, that we simply don't have enough time to prepare. We were all in agreement, so he's going to keep it small. We are all disappointed, but it's beyond our control. We just have to keep looking for the right people to complete our band. Three of us, including our birthday boy, have been together for about four and a half years, so we're not going to throw that away. We all enjoy the band so much - we just feel down sometimes when people let us down (which happens more often than not! :( ).

Last night at practice, we jammed "The Heat Is On" and "Heartache Tonight", which I instigated, and on which I sang lead vocals and played rhythm guitar. Needless to say, it made me rather happy! :D :D

glenneaglesfan
07-25-2007, 03:53 AM
MF, sorry about the gig and your latest band mate. I hope you find someone who can do justice to your band soon, and it's great that you have persuaded them to cover Heartache Tonight and The Heat Is On! 8)

GA, have a great break on the west coast. Hope the weather is a little better for you.

EF, good luck with your interesting new workmates! :wink:

Here, it's just rain, rain , rain, and more predicted. Luckily we have missed the worst of the flooding but huge tracts of the Midlands are under water and the rivers are still rising. Hundreds of people have been evacuated, and the clear-up costs are going to be astronomical. Back home, my son's laptop somehow(?) got water spilt on it and has packed up. We wondered about claiming on insurance, but then, thinking of all those other families, thought, well, we'd better just bite the bullet. We should count our blessings right now.

Mrs Frey
07-25-2007, 06:28 AM
GEF, thanks for your support regarding the band. I don't know if they will actually be willing to include "Heartache Tonight" and "The Heat Is On" in our repertoire, as what we did was just an impromptu jam, minus our bass player, who was taking a smoke break, LOL. I just got a great kick out of doing the songs, though. It kind of made me wish that Glenn :heart: was there to listen to us... sigh... :sigh:

I have been very concerned about you since I heard about the floods in the UK - I'm glad that you haven't been affected by it, but I'm sorry for all those who have been. It's just awful :( . I'm also sorry to read about your son's laptop.

Molly
07-25-2007, 09:40 AM
Back home, my son's laptop somehow(?) got water spilt on it and has packed up. We wondered about claiming on insurance, but then, thinking of all those other families, thought, well, we'd better just bite the bullet. We should count our blessings right now.

Oh, no! Did the invisible evil elf, Ida Know, strike at your house and spill water on your son's laptop? We had trouble with that elf for years. Example:
Mom: "Who broke this?"
Kids: "Ida Know!"

Glad to hear you and your family are safe during the horrible flooding. I've been following this on the news and have wondered how you were doing. Here, we are crossing our fingers for some rain. Our lawn looks like a hay field.

Stay safe.

Brooke
07-25-2007, 10:37 AM
I've been hearing about the flooding in the UK, too, Gef and am glad you are safe.

Sorry to hear about your band, too, and hope you can find the right person to continue with MrsF.

Thanks for the congrats on my anniversary everyone. In today's world it really is a milestone. We have actually known each other since we were 6 years old and went all the way through school together in the same class for 12 years. We didn't have kindergarten at our school. We started seriously dating our junior year of high school and never looked back (although we knew from about the time we were 13!). We got married right out of high school and, somehow, survived all the ups and downs that go with marriage. I think the secret is that each of you must love each other enough that both are willing to do whatever it takes to make it work. No matter what! :D

Molly
07-25-2007, 12:31 PM
Awww, Brooke, that is so sweet! I got married right out of high school myself -Steve is a few years older than I am. We have 25 years coming up in October. :shock: God, that's shocking when I see it written down in front of me!

We fight, we tease (he's recently announced he can't afford to every divorce me :twisted: -call me Plaintiff!) but we still have a lot of fun together. I think that's a big part of it -you have to actually like the person you're with.

Brooke
07-25-2007, 01:11 PM
We have 25 years coming up in October. :shock: God, that's shocking when I see it written down in front of me!

I think that's a big part of it -you have to actually like the person you're with.

I know what you mean about it being shocking! Seems like yesterday!

And I think you hit the nail on the head there with liking the person! 8)

EasyFeeling
07-25-2007, 02:16 PM
MF, you need to know I'm single and I'm forced to do my best to celebrate at least my 25th anniversary... some day. Before I'm dead. :twisted: :twisted:
I still don't know who "Glenn" is. The trouble is I don't have any contacts to his department so this is going to be extremely difficult. :?
After all I got the chance to look into the light blue eyes of our doctor today. :D :D But... I looked down to his fingers... a wedding ring. That figures! :evil:

GEF, I saw that in the news yesterday and it's terrible. I'm glad you are not affected.

Mrs Frey
07-26-2007, 03:24 AM
Back home, my son's laptop somehow(?) got water spilt on it and has packed up. We wondered about claiming on insurance, but then, thinking of all those other families, thought, well, we'd better just bite the bullet. We should count our blessings right now.

Oh, no! Did the invisible evil elf, Ida Know, strike at your house and spill water on your son's laptop? We had trouble with that elf for years. Example:

Glad to hear you and your family are safe during the horrible flooding. I've been following this on the news and have wondered how you were doing. Here, we are crossing our fingers for some rain. Our lawn looks like a hay field.

Stay safe.

LOL, Molly! :lol: (for the highlighted part)

On a more serious note, I hope you get some rain soon.

Brooke and Molly, I think it's wonderful that you have been married such a long time and that you're still so blissfully happy. I just recently had my first relationship, believe it or not :shock:, which has now been and gone (his loss! :twisted: ), but perhaps my luck will change soon. Niagara Falls, here I come! :twisted: (I wish... :wink: )

EF, don't worry about still being single - you obviously haven't yet met the right person. As you saw above, I've also just recently got out of the starting blocks. I don't plan, however, to take the first one that comes along. Marriage should be a lifelong commitment, and I'll make sure that I'm with the right one before I take that huge step. I'm sorry that your favourite doctor is married :( - perhaps you'll still find out who the mystery "Glenn" is... you never know! Hang in there, girl! Picture HFO Glenn :heart: in the meantime, coming over to you at the office, sweeping you up into his arms, looking intensely into your eyes with smouldering passion, bending you over and... well, I'll leave the rest to your imagination! :twisted:

glenneaglesfan
07-26-2007, 06:23 AM

So that's who it is! Yup, many little mysteries can now be solved!!

Thanks you all for your well wishes about the weather. I wish we could export a bit of it over to Wisconsin. Younger son has gone to a music festival today, so the washing machine is already on alert...

Brooke and Molly, it is wonderful that you are still together with your first loves. I had a few on and off romances before meeting my other half, but almost the day I met him I knew he was the one i wanted to share the rest of my life with, and 22 years later, we are still together. I agree that friendship is the most important factor. EF and MF, don't settle for second best!

Mrs Frey
07-26-2007, 07:01 AM

So that's who it is! Yup, many little mysteries can now be solved!!

Thanks you all for your well wishes about the weather. I wish we could export a bit of it over to Wisconsin. Younger son has gone to a music festival today, so the washing machine is already on alert...

Brooke and Molly, it is wonderful that you are still together with your first loves. I had a few on and off romances before meeting my other half, but almost the day I met him I knew he was the one i wanted to share the rest of my life with, and 22 years later, we are still together. I agree that friendship is the most important factor. EF and MF, don't settle for second best!

First highlighted passage: I enjoyed that, GEF! :laugh:
Second highlighted passage: That's wonderful for you, too, GEF, to have been with your hubby for 22 years, and to have known so soon that he was the one. Wow, how I envy you, Brooke and Molly (and I mean that in the nicest possible way... :D ). Don't worry, I won't settle for second best, but just like EF, I wonder when it will happen for me :( . Oh well, at least I have Glenn :heart: to dream about in the meantime... :inlove:

EasyFeeling
07-26-2007, 11:53 AM
GEF, 22 years is a long time. I can't imagine being together with the same man for so long. :shock: But maybe you all are right... I just don't meet Mr. Right. :wink: I never wanted to get married that wasn't my intention. A relationship would be ok except he's stinking rich. :wink:

sodascouts
07-26-2007, 07:59 PM
I'm also glad to hear you and your family are safe, GEF - if muddy!

Brooke and Molly, I sure hope I can find as much happiness in marriage as you two, even if I'm going to be getting a late start!

Marco
07-29-2007, 04:42 PM
Nancy Your avatar is cool, (don`t change it :) )

but I prefer mine

Molly
07-29-2007, 10:18 PM
Hubby and I went out to dinner last night with some of my husband's co-workers. We got on the subject of recent concerts we have seen/bands that we listen to, and I got to experience firsthand a (ahem) gentleman that my husband has warned me about. Loud, rude, opinionated -and very anti-Eagles.

He took every opportunity to belittle the band. I of course, calmly deflected his offbase, incorrect comments with factual comebacks and quiet praise for the boys. It seems he especially has an aversion to the song "Lyin Eyes" and mentioned that at every opportunity, obviously trying to get a rise out of me.

I tried to work Eagles into as much of my conversation as possible. The other dinner companions know me better than this gentleman, and realized that I was purposely doing that to be, well, for lack of a better word -obnoxious. For instance, Bruce (a huge Jimmy Buffett fan) would say "Do you know who lives next door to Jimmy Buffett? Emeril Lagassi, the chef!" And I would say, "Do you know who used to live next door to Jimmy Buffett ? Glenn Frey, the Eagle!" He would say, "Did you know Jimmy Buffett was on a plane that was shot down?" And I would say, "Did you know Don Henley, the Eagle, was on a plane that crash landed?"

When we left the restaurant, we all decided to move our little party to another establishment that had a DJ. When we arrived at the club, I told my husband to park next to Bruce. As we pulled into the space next to him -I opened my window so he could hear what I had BLARING from car CD player. Lyin' Eyes, of course!

Naturally, I couldn't resist asking the DJ to play a special song and dedicate it to my new friend, Bruce - once again, Lyin' Eyes.

He didn't totally shut up -but it did slow him down a bit.

sodascouts
07-29-2007, 11:34 PM
LOL! You go, girl!

Mrs Frey
07-30-2007, 04:35 AM
Molly, I really enjoyed reading your story! You go girl, indeed! :twisted: Bruce reminds me of some of the silly teenagers I had to endure in my high school days, who took every opportunity to belittle me because of my passion for Elvis Presley and The Beatles. At the drop of a hat, for no apparent reason, with me minding my own business, I would hear comments such as "Elvis was a druggie (South African for drug abuser)!", "The Beatles were grass smokers!", shouted at me from across the field :roll:.

After about 5 years of that, I ended up performing a song each of Elvis and Beatles in my final year, for our school's beauty pageant, which went over especially well with the parents who attended the function :D. And the following emoticon is for the nay-sayers: :tonguewag: I'm sure that must be how you felt after rubbing Bruce's nose in it, Molly! :lol:

glenneaglesfan
08-02-2007, 10:05 AM
Molly, I've just read about your evening out, and had to laugh about how you handled that pompous fool, especially your choice of music in the car! I've come across a few people like that, the sort that can't resist spoiling a good conversation by having a dig about something. I normally retreat into silence, so I really admire the way you gave him back as good as he deserved!

MF, it looks like you managed to rise above those ignorant people in your youth, and triumphed with your performance.

tbs fanatic
08-02-2007, 10:27 AM
LOL - that's great Molly :D

DonFan
08-02-2007, 09:42 PM
Molly, I loved your story as well.

I just got back from four days at the beach with my family, including four teenagers and my 81-yr-old mother. She is hard of hearing and butts into every conversation we have, but won't admit to it or agree to a hearing aid. Anyway, we met some other relatives for dinner one night and in a lull in the conversation she suddenly said, "Dana, who is that singer you love so well? Don somebody?" I said "Don Henley, Mom." So she said, "Does anyone know what he sings?" :roll: One of my cousins grinned at me and said, "He sings Hotel California, and you have great taste," & we all laughed.

Brooke
08-02-2007, 10:49 PM
Too funny, DF! At least someone else knew a song he sang!

I can relate to the hearing problem with your mother. My Dad is also 81 and very hard of hearing. None of us had the nerve to tell him he needed a hearing aid, but finally, my Mom somehow talked him in to one. It's so much better now and he is getting along very well with it and can't believe the things he can hear! We have to watch what we say around him now! :roll: :lol:

SweetHolly
08-02-2007, 11:24 PM
My younger brother John asked his girlfriend Megan to marry him on Monday night and she said yes. I'm very happy for them.

SweetHolly
08-02-2007, 11:31 PM
SH - best wishes to your brother and his bride!
Thanks!

DonFan
08-02-2007, 11:48 PM
That is terrific news about your brother, SH--congrats!

SweetHolly
08-02-2007, 11:52 PM
That is terrific news about your brother, SH--congrats!
Thanks! :D

Mrs Frey
08-03-2007, 05:10 AM
Molly, I loved your story as well.

I just got back from four days at the beach with my family, including four teenagers and my 81-yr-old mother. She is hard of hearing and butts into every conversation we have, but won't admit to it or agree to a hearing aid. Anyway, we met some other relatives for dinner one night and in a lull in the conversation she suddenly said, "Dana, who is that singer you love so well? Don somebody?" I said "Don Henley, Mom." So she said, "Does anyone know what he sings?" :roll: One of my cousins grinned at me and said, "He sings Hotel California, and you have great taste," & we all laughed.

:hilarious: I really enjoyed this story, DF! I've been educating my dad about the Eagles, especially Glenn :heart: and Don, but most of the time he loses me when I talk about them, as he tends to forget the information overload! :laugh: I reckon he pretty much knows who Glenn Frey is now, since the man is plastered all over my bedroom walls, and his music is played almost daily! He loves HFO and F1, though, as well as Glenn's :heart: LID. He described The Eagles as "flawless" when I discussed them with him during the week. He's 68 years old.

SH, that's great news about your brother. I wish him and his fiance everything of the best! :D

Mrs Frey
08-03-2007, 05:14 AM
MF, it looks like you managed to rise above those ignorant people in your youth, and triumphed with your performance.

Thanks for this vote of confidence, GEF. To quote a line from one of Rick Nelson's hits, "Garden Party":

Well, it's all right now
I've learned my lesson well
See you can't please everyone
So you've got to please yourself