PDA

View Full Version : What's happening in your life? 11/06-08/08

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11

glenneaglesfan
08-03-2007, 09:53 AM
Df, that's a great story - how nice to have a cousin who knows what they are talking about! And MF, you are educating your dad well! Like you, Soda, my parents haven't a clue about the Eagles. However, my Dad speaks Italian, and I'm plucking up courage to ask him if he'd translate that Ciao article for me. I can't help thinking my Mum would quite like that picture (your current av).

Brooke, glad you persuaded your Dad to get a hearing aid. He must feel he's had a new lease of life.

SH, congratulations to your brother and his fiance. How exciting to have a wedding to look forward to!

SweetHolly
08-03-2007, 07:36 PM
Thanks for the well wishes everyone.

DonFan
08-03-2007, 09:56 PM
Regarding educating relatives about the Eagles:
Two years ago when we went to California for the Hotel California tour, I told one of my elderly aunts we were making the trip to see the Eagles, and she said, "Is there a bird sanctuary out there?"

:roll: :shock: :roll:

Mrs Frey
08-07-2007, 09:35 AM
:rofl: I really enjoyed that, DF! I feel sad for all those who haven't been introduced to the magic of The Eagles. I feel sad for myself after only having been introduced to them three years ago! :blush:

EasyFeeling
08-09-2007, 04:00 AM
Today before work I went to change the registration of my car, finally. A few days ago I looked up in the net for a plate number which I like.
I had MF so far (my initials) but couldn't get it in the North of Bremen. :roll: So I checked if they have GF, no chance. :evil:

Ok, below you can see my new plate number and I'm very happy with it. :D I wanted to get 63 (year of birth) for the number but this wasn't possible.
So I've chosen 77 since that was the only multidigit number I could get.
Could be my goal how often I get to see Keith in my life. :twisted:

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l76/elafo/09-08-07_0803.jpg

DonFan
08-09-2007, 08:46 AM
Nice car tag, EF!

sodascouts
08-09-2007, 02:38 PM
And since '77 is the year Hotel California became a hit, you have an Eagles tie-in too!

Glennsallnighter
08-09-2007, 04:14 PM
Good point Soda! I'd love to be able to choose my number plate.

glenneaglesfan
08-09-2007, 04:56 PM
EF, congratulations on choosing a nice numberplate! Very cool, and I challenge you not to give KU a special treatment when you clean the car!

I had my latest car before I'd restored my love for the Eagles, so in retrospect I'm lucky to have GF on it - AG03FDL. You've got to be a real hard core fan to appreciate that!

EasyFeeling
08-10-2007, 02:54 PM
And since '77 is the year Hotel California became a hit, you have an Eagles tie-in too!

Oooooh, now I have an Eagles related thing on my plate, cool. 8)

Oh dear, that sucks! I can imagine how you feel. I don't think they noticed what they were talking about. It's kind of beauty mania, can I say that? As for the photographer, he could have been a little more tactful. He wanted a family portrait... and you are NOT a part of the family, or what???

I've seen some photos of you but I never thought you are fat. Rubbish!

DonFan
08-10-2007, 06:16 PM
Nancy, I feel your pain. I spent five days with my family--including my mother and several cousins, some of whom I haven't seen in years--at the beach before our trip to see Don last week and by the time I was with you, I was feeling the very same way. Let's just say I really needed a concert or two as a pick-me-up! I don't know why it is that families, the people you share blood ties with, can be so insensitive and thick-headed sometimes. I have found that I am actually closer to my friends these days than my extended family (not my husband and daughters, who have actually been pretty good about this Don thing).

You are a wonderful person, so don't let anyone make you feel insecure!

Molly
08-10-2007, 06:22 PM
First off, Nancy, having met you in person, you're certainly not fat -your sisters are just skinny.

When I got married, I was thin. My sister-in-law (my eldest brother's wife) on the other hand was super skinny. When we were looking at wedding gowns, my SIL turned to me and said, "If you want to, you can wear my wedding gown -I was fat when I got married so it should fit you." :shock: :evil:

I agree with Michaela -that photographer could stand to learn some manners.

Ive always been a dreamer
08-11-2007, 01:37 PM
Hey - love those license plates! :D

And all of these family experiences that you are all talking about make me realize why I love my family so much. Big asses just run in my family - no one is spared no matter what you weigh. Therefore, these topics of weight, figures, dress sizes, etc. are avoided at all costs. :D :D :twisted:

Molly
08-11-2007, 03:42 PM
Hey - love those license plates! :D

And all of these family experiences that you are all talking about make me realize why I love my family so much. Big asses just run in my family - no one is spared no matter what you weigh. Therefore, these topics of weight, figures, dress sizes, etc. are avoided at all costs. :D :D :twisted:

:lol:
I've had enough bad Karma this week-so I didn't want to add that these days my sister in law is dragging around a mighty lotta junk in her own trunk. And every time I see her, I can't help but smile.

Be kind to me Karma!

sodascouts
08-12-2007, 12:52 AM
I wanted to add that with all of my complaints about family, I'm actually very lucky. My sisters and I threw my dad a retirement party tonight (he is retiring from his position as Vice President of Yanpet Petrochemicals in Saudi Arabia). It was a huge hit and many of his friends came. Some of these friends actually go back to 1967, and one of them goes back to 1960. I spent about 40 hours putting together a little slide show for him detailing his life from 1942 until now set to music (and yes I did include an Eagles tune - I used Take It Easy as the backdrop or the photos from 1972-1976, which was when I was born). Anyway, after making the movie and listening to all the tributes and reflecting on everything, I realized that I have one of the best dads - and families - in the whole world, despite all their "issues," and I love them very much.

glenneaglesfan
08-12-2007, 06:08 AM
Aw, Nancy, what a nice person you are to organise that for your dad, and how talented to make that slide show. At least that makes up for your grim experience at the photographers! I just don't get why the skinniest people always have to go on about how fat they are, and then tell me I don't need to lose weight.

Molly, you are forgiven for a gentle swipe at your SIL after such a tactless comment when you got married. (I like that phrase 'junk in the trunk'!!)

Nancy, will your parents came back to Texas now your dad is retiring, or will they still live in Dubai for part of the year?

Brooke
08-12-2007, 03:21 PM
Sounds like a wonderful retirement party for your Dad Soda! Congrats to him and how nice of you to make the movie. I think that kind of thing is really neat!

As for family, they can be great and they can be awful. I've got both in my family, too. I have 2 brothers and 1 sister. None of us are close. We just never have been. My younger brother was the closest and he has alienated himself from all of us. I have tried really hard to get along with my sister (the spoiled baby) and she is just impossible. My older brother and I do actually like each other! And then, my hubby has 9 brothers and sisters and they all (except 1)get along just great! Go figure! :roll:

On a happier note, hubby and I were sitting out on our deck last night and I noticed we have a new resident in one of my birdhouses:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y63/desperado74/Extras/IMG_0208.jpg
:shock: I guess I'll have to call it a froghouse! :D He actually came out of it and was crawling around on the deck later and now today he is back in it! :lol:

DonFan
08-12-2007, 07:32 PM
Your dad's retirement party sounds wonderful, Nancy.

Brooke, I love that picture of the frog!

EasyFeeling
08-13-2007, 04:33 AM
Sounds really cool what you did for your dad's retirement. :D

I always revert to "daughter" mode when they're around, naturally, and find myself being ashamed to drink alcohol in front of them and visiting the boards in secret because they don't approve of the Eagles.
:shock: You're kidding... http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/g020.gif http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/g020.gif Sorry, that's too funny.
My mom is like a good friend so she knows almost everything what I'm doing. And she loves the Eagles as well as Keith Urban. 8)

Brooke, how funny. :D Is the frog still there?

Mrs Frey
08-13-2007, 09:54 AM
First off, Nancy, having met you in person, you're certainly not fat -your sisters are just skinny.

When I got married, I was thin. My sister-in-law (my eldest brother's wife) on the other hand was super skinny. When we were looking at wedding gowns, my SIL turned to me and said, "If you want to, you can wear my wedding gown -I was fat when I got married so it should fit you." :shock: :evil:

I agree with Michaela -that photographer could stand to learn some manners.

Before I respond to anything else I've missed over the last few days :blush:, I need to respond to this: I'm so sorry you had to experience such an awful, insensitive remark! :evil: I can just imagine how you must have felt. When I was in high school, a school beauty pageant was held annually (I ended up performing at it during my final year, as I've mentioned elsewhere on these pages). One day, while I was waiting in the morning queue outside before we were allowed into the school building, some of the girls were discussing the pageant. Out of the blue, for no apparent reason, one of them suggested I enter the pageant, and as I pulled a face, knowing myself that I was hardly beauty pageant material, the girl burst out laughing :evil: :roll:. Well, I felt very small, to say the least, and pulled a cross face to hide my embarrassment. Yes, I was somewhat overweight in those days, but there was no need for that sort of sarcasm. Anything to belittle me... :evil:

These days I'm much slimmer than I was, although I've put on a bit this year! I'm working hard, though - I need to be thin when Glenn :heart: sees me in the front row at the Eagles concert I'll be attending! :wink:

Soda, that photographer was just awful towards you :evil:. From the photos I've seen of you on this site, you are certainly not fat. Just because you are not petite, it doesn't make you any less attractive. I thought photographers are supposed to make you feel better about yourself! :?

Dreamer, I enjoyed your post on the big butts running in your family! :lol:

GEF, you were wondering why the skinniest people are always going on about how fat they are. Are they fishing for compliments, perhaps? :roll: Trying to feel better about themselves in the company of "bigger" people? :sigh: Shame, I have to feel sorry for them - so shallow. There's so much more to life than being skinny.

DonFan
08-13-2007, 10:06 AM
Nancy, my mom is 81 yrs old and I still revert to "daughter" mode when I am around her, too, so I guess that aspect of the family relationship never changes.

You said your parents don't approve of the Eagles--have they known about your devotion to Stevie and The Mac all these years, and do they feel the same way about that, too? I think, in general, parents tend not to understand about this kind of thing, unfortunately. <sigh>

Mrs Frey
08-13-2007, 10:10 AM
Soda, I enjoyed reading about your dad's retirement party. What a wonderful gift you gave him: not only the party itself, but all the effort you put into the slide show. He must have been very touched. It's a pity that you can't share your passion for the Eagles with your parents, though.

Brooke, I thought the frog in your birdhouse was very cute! I'm sorry to read that you and your siblings are not close :( . I have a large family on my mom's side, but I sadly don't even know most of them. That's just the way things turned out. I am an only child, so now that my mom has passed on, it's just my dad and me.

EF, I can identify with you about your relationship with your mom. My mom was my best friend, and that's one of the reasons why losing her has been so incredibly difficult to bear. I would have involved her in my Eagles and Glenn :heart: fanatism, just as I did my Elvis :heart: and Beatles :heart: obsession over the years. She was always so very supportive in everything I did, particularly my singing and guitar playing. By the way, I like your number plate! 8)

Mrs Frey
08-13-2007, 10:35 AM
I just wanted to tell you all that I gigged yesterday for the first time since January :roll:, and it went reasonably well. We put on a four-hour show at our local Portuguese Club. The occasion was the St Laurence Festival, and the Portuguese crowd is reticient at best, unfortunately (we performed for them last year too, for a different occasion). However, there was some enthusiasm and dancing, particularly towards the end, and my rent-a-crowd of 4 friends (one of whom brought along a friend of his) did quite a lot of whooping and hollering (I know what you're thinking - they're a biased lot! :wink: ), so it worked out nicely in the end! Most importantly, I enjoyed myself more than I have in a long time. We performed 3 Eagles songs: "Tequila Sunrise", "Lyin' Eyes" and "Hotel California", the latter two on which I did lead vocals. :D :D Those songs were all well received! :D

DonFan
08-13-2007, 01:55 PM
Glad your gig went well, Mrs F!

EasyFeeling
08-13-2007, 02:38 PM
EF, I can identify with you about your relationship with your mom. My mom was my best friend, and that's one of the reasons why losing her has been so incredibly difficult to bear. I would have involved her in my Eagles and Glenn :heart: fanatism, just as I did my Elvis :heart: and Beatles :heart: obsession over the years. She was always so very supportive in everything I did, particularly my singing and guitar playing. By the way, I like your number plate! 8)

Me too. :D
MF, I would lie when I say I can imagine how you felt. Actually I can't.
I really appreciate to have a mom like her. She never puts her nose in my business unless I ask her for her opinion. :wink: I can share my obsession with her and she doesn't laugh at me. The opposite is the case. Sometimes she asks me if I have new pictures of the Eagles or Keith. If I have any I email them to her so we can drool together on the phone. :shock:

I'm glad you enjoyed your gig. :) You should tape the next gig for us. 8)

Glennsallnighter
08-13-2007, 04:33 PM
Needless to say though, every time I visit the fam, I'm ready to come home much sooner than scheduled. Countdown until I leave - 4 days!

And Soda, I bet none of them have what you have to look forward to later this week (have to admit how :jealous: I am) Furthermore, I imagine Glenn :heart: will remember the girl who did all that walking at Pebble Beach earlier this year to get him that drink!! And he'll give you one of those smiles, and you'll feel a million dollars, because what you have in your heart is going to be infinitely better than what they have!

sodascouts
08-13-2007, 07:12 PM
MF, It sounds like your Mom was a really wonderful person - no wonder you miss her. As for the gig, it sounds like you did a great job - after all, if the audience starts out dead and ends up dancing, you must have done something right!

sodascouts
08-13-2007, 07:20 PM
And Soda, I bet none of them have what you have to look forward to later this week (have to admit how :jealous: I am) Furthermore, I imagine Glenn :heart: will remember the girl who did all that walking at Pebble Beach earlier this year to get him that drink!! And he'll give you one of those smiles, and you'll feel a million dollars, because what you have in your heart is going to be infinitely better than what they have!

Unfortunately, Glenn doesn't really pay attention to folks in the audience at his solo gigs. He keeps his eyes closed most of the time and seems to actually deliberately avert his eyes from the audience a lot at other times, looking down at his guitar or at other band members as he talks, stuff like that. I don't expect a smile or even a glance - but hey, I'm going to Niagara to hear Glenn play and not to get a backstage invite or something, lol, so I won't be disappointed regardless! Although I am still considering bringing a "WHERE'S MY SWAG" sign.... ;)

Glennsallnighter
08-13-2007, 08:18 PM
Well Soda, whether he sees you or not I hope you really enjoy it. Just spare the tiniest thought for poor old me who will only be there in spirit alas :wink:

glenneaglesfan
08-14-2007, 03:11 AM
I'm catching up here, and haven't much time this morning. Son keeps nicking my laptop so I'm not getting my usual late night look, and am using the other computer, which involves some history deleting after use. :wink:

Brooke, that's such a cute picture of your new resident in the birdhouse!

Mf, I'm glad that the gig went well, and you played some Eagles songs. I hope it helped to make a difficult day for you better. It's so sad knowing that you have lost your mum, but nice to hear how much of a friend she was for you.

Your mum sounds great, EF - it's nice to be able to drool together. A few years back, my mum (then mid 70s) was able appreciate the delights of Colin Firth as Mr Darcy in a wet shirt , but she has no clue about the Eagles. My mum and dad have always gone to church but have been quite relaxed about life, enjoying their wine, laughing at quite saucy jokes and not being too protective. I love them dearly, but a prolonged stay with them would be too much. I'm lucky I can visit for a day.

Soda, your parents sound the best even if they don't get modern music, but I can understand why you keep things under wraps. What do they think about your college course? They must be proud that you have done so well.

sodascouts
08-14-2007, 11:17 AM
A few years back, my mum (then mid 70s) was able appreciate the delights of Colin Firth as Mr Darcy in a wet shirt

Sigh - I'm still in love with Colin Firth! lol

Soda, your parents sound the best even if they don't get modern music, but I can understand why you keep things under wraps. What do they think about your college course? They must be proud that you have done so well.

Yes, they're proud that I'm getting my PhD - but I can't be proud of myself until I graduate!

Mrs Frey
08-15-2007, 07:27 AM
Thank you SO much, DF, Soda, EF and GEF for your support regarding my gig and the loss of my mother. It is SO much appreciated. :grouphug:. It's great to know that so many people care.

Yes, Soda, my mother was wonderful. Thanks for the vote of confidence about the gig. Actually, I chatted to some acquaintances who are members of a Latin/Portuguese band, who turned out to see the gig. I complained about the tough crowd, so the leader of the band told me not to worry (three members of the band are Portuguese, and supporters of our band): it is usual for them to be that way! LOL!! It was also said that some of the older Portuguese folk would have preferred Portuguese music, but I reckon they should have hired a Portuguese band, then! :roll: I was happy with my performance, though, and I paid tribute to Glenn :heart: by wearing my "Live In Dublin" outfit! Black jeans, black sweater (it's winter here now, so a T-shirt would have been a bit cold!) and a powder blue jacket (that's about as close as I could get to Glenn's :heart: turquoise jacket! :blush: ).

EF, it's great to know that you can also share your passion for your favourites with your mom. As for taping the next gig for you (awww, you're so sweet :D ), it just so happens that one of my "rent-a-crowd" (LOL!) friends video'd some of the show, although I'm yet to see the result. I have had two of our shows recorded in the past (well, parts of them, anyway) - one in 2003 and another in 2005 (when I was with my previous band). It came out okay - I remember thinking at the time how strange it was to watch myself performing!

GEF, you mentioned that your mom could appreciate Colin Firth as Mr Darcy in a wet T-shirt. Soda, you said you were still in love with Colin. That's amazing, because I became an admirer of Colin Firth's after seeing "Pride and Prejudice" too! I'd never heard of him before that, but made a point of finding out who he was, and have since followed his career! He was gorgeous in that, wasn't he? :smitten: (oops, sorry Glenn :heart:...)

Soda, I also wanted to say that it must be difficult for you not being able to share the extent of your passion for the Eagles and Fleetwood Mac with your parents. Yet, as you say, they're great parents in other ways. By the way, I performed "Don't Stop" at the gig, too! :D

This is not really a HAPPENING or anything in my life, but I just wanted to mention that it's the 30th anniversary of the passing of Elvis Presley tomorrow, which, apart from Glenn :heart: performing in Canada, makes tomorrow a very special day for me. I'll be doing as I do every year - making time to listen to his music, and pay tribute in my own special way. Oh, how I wish he were still with us. What a wonderful gift he gave the music world, and I know that quite a few of you feel the same way! :D

EasyFeeling
08-15-2007, 02:57 PM
Oh really? You wore a Glenn outfit? That's very cool. 8) I had to laugh about the "rent-a-crowd", sounds too funny. :lol:
Can I watch the videos of your past shows somewhere?

Speaking about Glenn... I wondered Soda and Dreamer left today for his shows. I always thought it happens on Saturday but obviously I was wrong. :brickwall: I went back to page 1 and saw the first show is tomorrow.

DonFan
08-15-2007, 06:34 PM
Mrs. F, I share your love for Elvis and I am also thinking about the anniversary of his death today. Elvis was the first singer I loved :heart: and he continues to hold a special place in my heart. They don't call him "The King" for nothing! I was so sad when he died so young, and his music continues to touch both long-time admirers and new fans every single day.

DonFan
08-15-2007, 06:36 PM
Speaking about Glenn... I wondered Soda and Dreamer left today for his shows.

Yes, they left today for Glenn's shows, and I can hardly wait to hear all about their adventures! I'm sure this trip will be a trip to remember!

Mrs Frey
08-16-2007, 02:06 AM
Oh really? You wore a Glenn outfit? That's very cool. 8) I had to laugh about the "rent-a-crowd", sounds too funny. :lol:
Can I watch the videos of your past shows somewhere?

Thanks, EF! My friend and bandmate told me when he greeted me that I looked smart, but then added that "We're all dressed like the Eagles, but you look like the secretary of the Portuguese Club!" :lol: He's a big Eagles fan too. He probably thought the jacket made me look secretarial. So I said to him, "Hey listen, this is a Glenn :heart: outfit!" :blush:

So you like "rent-a-crowd"? :laugh: We always refer to our friends that way when they turn out for our gigs. At this particular gig they were much needed for most of it!

It's great that you're interested in watching my videos - they're not uploaded anywhere, though! Firstly, I don't have the technology to post videos, and secondly, I'm much too shy! :blush:

Mrs Frey
08-16-2007, 02:16 AM
Mrs. F, I share your love for Elvis and I am also thinking about the anniversary of his death today. Elvis was the first singer I loved :heart: and he continues to hold a special place in my heart. They don't call him "The King" for nothing! I was so sad when he died so young, and his music continues to touch both long-time admirers and new fans every single day.

Thanks for this empathy, DF! Elvis :heart: was my first love too. After being a fan for 22 years, watching him still makes me weak at the knees :blush:. He's just so beautiful and talented and sexy and... and... the list of what's great about him is endless :inlove:. He was certainly "The King". I was only 11 months old when he died, but when I discovered him as an 8-year-old, it changed my life. He is the reason I began singing in earnest and making music a few years after that. You are so right about the power of the man over long-time and new fans. It also pleases me no end that so many of my other great heroes are also Elvis :heart: fans, i.e. The Beatles and The Eagles. Seeing a picture of Glenn :heart: in an Elvis :heart: shirt really warmed my heart! And I believe Elvis :heart: was also Don's inspiration to start making music, which I'm sure warms your heart! :D

EasyFeeling
08-16-2007, 01:44 PM
It's great that you're interested in watching my videos - they're not uploaded anywhere, though! Firstly, I don't have the technology to post videos, and secondly, I'm much too shy! :blush:

Ooooooh, too bad, MF! I uploaded some videos on photobucket. Test, test...

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l76/elafo/th_TITTLVT-EB.jpg (http://s93.photobucket.com/albums/l76/elafo/?action=view&current=TITTLVT-EB.flv)

What a coincidence, Keith and the Eagles. 8) Poor quality, but it works.

glenneaglesfan
08-17-2007, 09:57 AM
That's very cool, EF, and the quality looks fine to me. Were you that close to Keith? :shock:

My younger son got his exam results yesterday - 2 A grades and 2 Bs. We're all delighted, and he can move on to his final year at school with a good start now. Tonight we are going out to celebrate husband's birthday, so a double celebration (well, three really with the Eagles news :wink: )!

EasyFeeling
08-17-2007, 11:41 AM
Congratulations to your son as well as to your husband, GEF. Have fun tonight. 8)

Nooooo, it's not my video. Someone else recorded it. Ooooh, I would have loved to hear Keith doing an Eagles song, but he didn't.
But nonetheless, yes, I was THAT close to Keith at the concert this year. :D

Molly
08-17-2007, 02:03 PM
My younger son got his exam results yesterday - 2 A grades and 2 Bs. We're all delighted, and he can move on to his final year at school with a good start now. Tonight we are going out to celebrate husband's birthday, so a double celebration (well, three really with the Eagles news :wink: )!

Congratulations to your son, gef!

And happy birthday Mr. gef!

Maleah
08-17-2007, 10:07 PM
Congratulations to your son as well as to your husband, GEF. Have fun tonight. 8)

Nooooo, it's not my video. Someone else recorded it. Ooooh, I would have loved to hear Keith doing an Eagles song, but he didn't.

Apparently when Keith was at WeFest in MN last month, he came out at the end of Sheryl Crow's set and did TITTL with her as well :D

EasyFeeling
08-18-2007, 05:45 AM

Apparently when Keith was at WeFest in MN last month, he came out at the end of Sheryl Crow's set and did TITTL with her as well :D

Oh really? I knew he did a song with her but didn't know it was TITTL. I haven't been in the Keith forum for a few days so I think I need to go there looking for the news, maybe there are some new videos to download. :wink:

Brooke
08-18-2007, 10:24 AM
Cool video, EF! Thanks for sharing!

And congrats to your son on the good grades and hubby on his birthday, gef!

Our son and his girlfriend are here this weekend for his birthday (Monday). His college classes start Monday for his senior year. We are having a bar-be-cue and some of his friends and the grandparents are coming, so we will have a busy day and evening.

I got a new car this week! I initiated it properly by playing TIE (my all time fave), WW, and PEF first of all in the cd player. Next was VBO (whole set).

It's a Hyundai Tiberon. I love it! :D

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y63/desperado74/Extras/IMG_0209.jpg

I think I must now get an appropriate license plate! :wink:

Maleah
08-18-2007, 10:46 AM
Ooooolala!! :D NICE! Love the red :D

EasyFeeling
08-18-2007, 04:25 PM
Wow Brooke, what a sporty car. Very cool. :D I'm not able to keep up with this. :wink: I just have an Opel Corsa, a very small car, but I love it (and my license plate :wink: ) The only good thing is it holds down costs for fuel. Fuel in Germany has got very expensive the last months.

Guess what I bought today... an iPod. :D It was a special offer, 22 Euros and I couldn't resist even if I never wanted to have one. Now I have to figure out how it works. :?

glenneaglesfan
08-19-2007, 10:19 AM
EF, if I can work out an iPod (only a shuffle, I admit), you'll soon get to grips with it. I think you will love it.

Brooke, I love your new car - it looks really sleek and sporty, and I bet it's quite economical too if it's a Hyundai. EF, my first consideration for a car is fuel economy. I have a diesel VW Passat estate - I love it because you can carry almost anything in it, but it always averages over 40 mpg, and 50 on a long journey.

Thanks for the congratulations, everyone. We had a great meal out on Friday - a Chinese restaurant right on the waterfront in Plymouth. David was delighted with his birthday presents - a new phone, some books for holiday reading and some weight-lifting gloves for the gym (remind you of anyone? :twisted: )

EasyFeeling
08-19-2007, 12:30 PM
and some weight-lifting gloves for the gym (remind you of anyone? :twisted: )

Ummmm... yes. :twisted:

GEF, I figured out how it works even if it took a while. :wink: Any experts here for iPods? Mine as 1 GB capacity and I've read I can put up abt. 250 songs but mine accepts only 125. All songs are in mp3 format, none in wma. Any ideas?

Maleah
08-19-2007, 01:22 PM
It depends on how long each song is, the quality of the song, the file format (as you stated)..........so usually when they list how much it is supposed to hold....it is what I like to call a guesstimate instead of an estimate. lol

EasyFeeling
08-19-2007, 02:25 PM
I see! I put in a lot of live songs, all songs from DVDs of the Eagles and Keith (converted them to mp3 before), which I think are a bit longer than usual. Thanks for your help, Maleah. :)

Maleah
08-19-2007, 06:57 PM
no problem! :D

Perfect Little Sister
08-20-2007, 05:05 PM
I'm not getting a damn thing done today! I really need to clean my house. It looks like a bomb went off since I took off out of here Wed and my two teenagers babysat my two grandkids on Fri. None of the aforementioned people picked up or put away anything they touched the whole time, of course. :roll: Add to that the fact that I have an unknown number of people coming over on Sat for hubby's 50th birthday party. Normally I would be stressing with these factors...but it's difficult to stress from cloud nine while watching How Long over and over. lol Oh well. I think I'll go watch the video again. :wink:

Maleah
08-20-2007, 09:45 PM
You made me laugh so hard PLS..................my apartment is an absolute horrid mess and I just can't leave the computer! I just sit and stare with this silly little grin on my face! :lol:

EasyFeeling
08-21-2007, 12:11 PM
I'm so sorry for you. :wink: Nothing has to be done at home, it's raining all day so I have a lot time to watch the video. :twisted:

Perfect Little Sister
08-21-2007, 02:28 PM
EF...you mean thing, you. :D

EasyFeeling
08-22-2007, 06:21 AM
Thanks PLS, I love you too. :D :wink:

Mrs Frey
08-22-2007, 07:22 AM
I'm not getting a damn thing done today! I really need to clean my house. It looks like a bomb went off since I took off out of here Wed and my two teenagers babysat my two grandkids on Fri. None of the aforementioned people picked up or put away anything they touched the whole time, of course. :roll: Add to that the fact that I have an unknown number of people coming over on Sat for hubby's 50th birthday party. Normally I would be stressing with these factors...but it's difficult to stress from cloud nine while watching How Long over and over. lol Oh well. I think I'll go watch the video again. :wink:

LOL, PLS, Maleah and EF! I absolutely love this banter! :hilarious: I need to do some work, and I can't seem to tear myself away from The Border. HELP! :shock: :wink:

It's the nature of the album
It's the Eagles blues!

With apologies to Glenn :heart: Frey and Jack Tempchin...

I'm a bit behind on this thread (so much to respond to, so little time... :( ), so a belated congratulations to you, GEF, on your son's successful grades and your hubby's birthday! And the weight-lifting gloves gift for him definitely reminded me of a certain Mr Frey! :twisted:

Brooke, your new car is very impressive! I only have a humble VW Beetle (a 1968 model, so she's older than me, but I love her - and she's pink! Like Elvis' :heart: famous cadillac! :D ).

Brooke
08-22-2007, 10:45 AM
Mrs F, a '68 Beetle?! How cool! You must post a picture of her! 8)

Perfect Little Sister
08-22-2007, 06:59 PM
I just had to share this picture with y'all. I took it up in Canada last week on my little digital camera. I just find it so beautiful, I had to make it my background.
http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z83/MGeddie/Canada07013-1.jpg

Sorry it's so big, but I just couldn't shrink it down. lol

DonFan
08-22-2007, 09:42 PM
Wow--the falls are beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

Brooke
08-22-2007, 10:40 PM
That is beautiful PLS! Thank you! :D

EasyFeeling
08-23-2007, 12:39 PM
Absolutely beautiful, PLS. :D
And now I'm waiting for a photo with the pink :shock: beetle. :D I must admit I've never seen a pink car here in Germany. :wink:

DonFan
08-23-2007, 12:50 PM
We packed up our oldest daughter and moved her into her dorm at the University of Montevallo yesterday. It was SO HOT! Unloading the car in broiling 105 degree heat and waiting, loaded down with suitcases, shelves, and a TV, along with all the other parents, for the tiny elevator to take us to the fourth floor took forever. Then my car battery died and we had to have someone jump us off so we could drive back home. UGH. Did I mention that it was HOT?

Anyway, we miss her, but she is settled in and seems to be very happy. She has already emailed me from her new college email address. The college is hosting freshman party tonight and the students are supposed to dress in 90s style, so she was off to rummage through the local thrift store for clothes. (If it was an 80s party, I bet they would play Henley music such as Dirty Laundry & All She Wants to do is Dance. :wink: )

sodascouts
08-23-2007, 12:56 PM
A '90s party? Did the '90s even have a "look"? I guess maybe that whole Seattle scene in the early 90s with the flannel... Man, I feel old.

Perfect Little Sister
08-23-2007, 01:02 PM
Hmmm...the only "look" I can remember is those MC Hammer pants. lol

sodascouts
08-23-2007, 01:15 PM
This essay explains why it's probably hard for us to figure it out:

www.independentcollegian.com/media/storage/paper678/news/2004/04/29/ArtsLife/An.Ode.To.The.90s.The.Fashion.Trends.Of.The.Decade-643783.shtml]Ode (http://media.[url) to the '90s[/url]

DonFan
08-23-2007, 01:34 PM
Interesting read, Nancy--thanks! I forwarded it to my daughter.

Brooke
08-23-2007, 01:57 PM
A '90s party? Did the '90s even have a "look"? I guess maybe that whole Seattle scene in the early 90s with the flannel... Man, I feel old.

I feel ancient! :lol:

You nailed it Soda! Thanks for the article!

glenneaglesfan
08-24-2007, 03:22 AM
Good luck to your daughter, DF. I can't imagine 105 degrees!

I took my sons to the station yesterday, with huge rucksacks, both off to the Reading music festival for the weekend. Bands playing include Red Hot Chili Peppers and Razorlight. We are flying to Portugal on Monday, so David is driving up to collect the boys on Monday morning, stopping on the motorway to get them showered, then heading straight to the airport. I've got to find my way there by public transport, and it's a Bank holiday. If it works out it'll be a miracle!

PLS, your picture of Niagara Falls is stunning, and I'm sure it will hold happy memories for you. :D

SweetHolly
08-24-2007, 03:47 AM
Very beatiful picture PLS! :D

Mrs Frey
08-24-2007, 06:40 AM
Brooke and EF, about that pic of my Beetle: I appreciate your enthusiasm :D, but at the moment I don't have a pic of it that I'll be able to post! I don't have a digital camera, or a scanner, and I have only one pic of it, which I took on my analogue (but very nice) camera. Then there are the problems I've had with Photobucket (which seems to offend the powers that be here at work - I couldn't use it in the past :roll: ). Perhaps I can make a plan in the future, so don't despair just yet! :wink:

PLS, thanks for posting that beautiful photo of Niagara Falls. It's spectacular.

DF, I'm sorry that the heat was so overbearing when you had to take your daughter to her new college. I wish her only the best. As for the '90s party, I was a teenager for half of the '90s, and I don't recall many particular styles either! Soda, I enjoyed the article you posted in that regard - thanks for that. I have never been fashion conscious - I like to dress in comfortable clothing that suits me. I got some stick for it at school :roll:, but it didn't concern me (although it did hurt on occasion).

GEF, I hope your sons enjoy the Reading music festival. Travel safely to the airport on Monday, and enjoy your time in Portugal. I hope all goes well.

Molly
08-24-2007, 06:15 PM
Hubby and I are back to being empty nesters today. We took Peter back to Marquette University. His dormatory is called Mashuda and is an old converted hotel. It's the hotel the Beatles stayed in when they played a concert in Milwaukee in, I believe, 1963 or '64.

Peter being a die hard Green Bay Packers/Milwaukee Brewers fan will be rooming this year with a Bears/Cubs fan from Chicago. Should be interesting!

Hubby and Peter were looking around the dorm room and were discussing how they had been under the impression each room would have it's own private bathroom. They had the door leading from the common hallway wide open when I walked in on their bathroom discussion. Peter looked at me and said, "Well, no bathroom, I guess." I looked around for about 2 seconds and noticed the door hidden behind the door they had propped open. I closed the outer door and opened the "hidden" door. Viola!! Bathroom! :roll: And, I didn't even attend Marquette U they way those two did! Wonder how long it would have taken college boy to find the bathroom without Mommy helping him!

On the drive down to campus, I had an Eagles cd playing. "Take It to the Limit" came on. I turned around and said to Peter, "Glenn's wife call this the ..." and before I could say it, Peter finished ..."the credit card song", yeah, I know, I know". :blush: (Hmmm, guess I've told that joke before.)

Peter said, "I sure hope this new album comes with a new set of jokes!"

glenneaglesfan
08-25-2007, 03:27 AM
That made me laugh, Molly, especially the inability of men to find things! Love Peter's comment about the new album. Does Peter actually share a room at college then? Phil had his own room even in his first year, and is moving into a student house, with a couple of friends and two girls :shock: this autumn. I guess if you are sharing you have to make an effort to be a bit tidier!

SweetHolly
08-25-2007, 10:19 AM
Molly, I'm glad you've taught your son the greatness of the Eagles. I hope he does well at college this year.

DonFan
08-25-2007, 11:08 AM
Does Peter actually share a room at college then? Phil had his own room even in his first year, and is moving into a student house, with a couple of friends and two girls :shock: this autumn. I guess if you are sharing you have to make an effort to be a bit tidier!

My daughter Rachel has to share her college dorm room with a roommate too, and the "cleaning" issue has already raised its ugly head. Rach told me her roommate asked if she had cleaned the shower on the first day, because she didn't want to get mildew on the shower curtain. Rachel looked at her like she was nuts--Rach has never cleaned a bathroom in her LIFE--that is what dear ol' Mom is for. :roll: Ah, I can already see that college life is going to be a rude awakening for my child. :wink:

sodascouts
08-25-2007, 11:12 AM
lol Molly!

I never lived in a dorm - I always shared a house with other people. The bathroom was shared, but with five other girls in the house, I found I didn't have to clean it myself.... so I didn't. :blush:

Molly
08-25-2007, 01:39 PM
Does Peter actually share a room at college then? Phil had his own room even in his first year, and is moving into a student house, with a couple of friends and two girls :shock: this autumn. I guess if you are sharing you have to make an effort to be a bit tidier!

My daughter Rachel has to share her college dorm room with a roommate too, and the "cleaning" issue has already raised its ugly head. Rach told me her roommate asked if she had cleaned the shower on the first day, because she didn't want to get mildew on the shower curtain. Rachel looked at her like she was nuts--Rach has never cleaned a bathroom in her LIFE--that is what dear ol' Mom is for. :roll: Ah, I can already see that college life is going to be a rude awakening for my child. :wink:

I would imagine cleaning is a bigger issue with girls than with boys. Peter is probably glad to be away from his neat freak mom. He did have cleaning supplies on his list of things he needed. Whether or not he'll actually use them. ?? Who knows.

Both of my boys do know how to cook, clean, do laundry, etc. I even bought Peter his own iron and taught him to use it this summer since he needs to wear good dress shirts/pants to his internship.

Some day, my daughters in law will treat me like a queen!

Good luck to Rachel! Hopefully, she and her roommate will come to some kind of a cleaning compromise!

Yes, gef, Pete has one roommate this year. But at least the boys have more room to spread out and the building itself is much nicer with bigger windows and even air conditioning. He does want to live off campus next year in an apartment or a rented house. His dorm is co-ed this year so that's different from last year. Should be an eye opening experience for him! :wink:

sodascouts
08-25-2007, 02:02 PM
Well, here's the proof of the painful family portrait:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y247/sodascouts/family/family2007.jpg

We've come a long way since 1977! (I'm in the green).

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y247/sodascouts/family/karenbday1.jpg

SweetHolly
08-25-2007, 09:30 PM
Molly and Dana, good luck to your kids in college.

DonFan
08-25-2007, 11:41 PM
Nancy, that is a great photo. You have a lovely family.

sodascouts
08-26-2007, 12:43 AM
Thanks!

EasyFeeling
08-26-2007, 06:03 AM
Thank you for posting your family photo, Soda. :) You always have a radiant smile on photos.
And... what a good looking guy on the right, very smart. :wink:

glenneaglesfan
08-26-2007, 09:21 AM
Nancy, that is a lovely photograph of you and your family. Thanks for posting it. I like the old one too!

I visited my folks yesterday - getting on all right, although gently muddled. My dad was planning to take mum for a swim today - she lives for swimming in the sea, always has done.

I had a pm from Witchy Mummy today - she sends her regards to everyone, and hopes to be able to post a bit more in the autumn, when Joshua goes full time to school, and Cian will have a couple of mornings at playgroup! 8)

Molly
08-26-2007, 09:28 AM

Thank you, SH

Molly
08-26-2007, 09:30 AM
Nancy, your family photo turned out lovely!

Good grief -in 1977 you were in a high chair and I was in junior high school!

sodascouts
08-26-2007, 10:10 AM
Thanks for the compliments, guys.

Molly - time flies! I still feel young and I feel like I relate well to teens and my students in their early 20s (well, at least I relate well to the mature ones, lol), but when I allow myself to think about just how much older I am... yikes!

glenneaglesfan
08-26-2007, 10:11 AM
And in 1977, I was in my third year at university!

EasyFeeling
08-26-2007, 10:48 AM
In 1977 I had my first boyfriend. 28 years later we came together again and it was horrible. http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/g020.gif After 3 months we broke up and I never saw him again, thank God. :wink:

Glennsallnighter
08-26-2007, 06:17 PM
Nancy, your family looks lovely! I can see a resemblance between you and your mum. In 1977 I was nearly 10 and just beginning to watch the likes of Saturday Night Fever! Abba were very 'in' with my friends at the time.

Freypower
08-26-2007, 06:17 PM
What great photos Soda!

In 1977 I was in my second last year at high school back in Newcastle listening to HC and the Greatest Hits religiously.

When I was at university (1979 -81) I was in one of the halls of residence so I had my own room. But they had central heating and in 1979 it wasn't working. This is in Canberra which can be very cold. I used to do a lot of work sitting in bed.

DonFan
08-26-2007, 08:45 PM

Thanks from me too, SH.

sodascouts
08-26-2007, 08:56 PM
Thanks again, guys.

BTW, GEF, tell Witchy Mummy that I miss her and hope she gets around to posting again soon!

Brooke
08-26-2007, 10:27 PM
Soda, your family pictures are great! A very attractive family you have! Thanks for sharing that.

Back in 1977, I had been married 3 years and worked at a job I hated. But I think that was the year we got to go see the Eagles in St. Louis! :D

My son is back in college now, too. He lived in a dorm the first year with a friend for a roommate and has shared a house off campus with 3 or 4 other guys the past 3 years. He says he does most of the cleaning and gets pretty fed up with it! But, he says no one else will do it and he can't stand it dirty! I wouldn't put up with that myself! Hopefully, this will be his last year! :pray:

SweetHolly
08-27-2007, 12:41 AM
Soda, very nice family photo.

Good luck to your son Brooke. I too hope it will be his last year.

glenneaglesfan
08-27-2007, 05:32 AM
Good luck to all of your sons and daughters at college.

It's my last visit here for a while as we are flying to Portugal this afternoon. David has just phoned to say he has collected the boys, so hopefully we'll get it together! I'll miss you all!

Molly
08-27-2007, 07:15 AM
Hope your son has a fantastic year at school, Brooke.

I can't imagine having to clean up after 3 other college age boys. Your son must have a strong stomach!

Mrs Frey
08-28-2007, 02:21 AM
Well, here's the proof of the painful family portrait:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y247/sodascouts/family/family2007.jpg

What a lovely photo, Soda. You look stunning!

GEF, have a lovely time in Portugal. Go safely. We will miss you too!

Maleah
08-28-2007, 12:17 PM
awww! that's a gorgeous family photo Nancy! You look GREAT!!

Maleah
08-28-2007, 09:29 PM
Wow! I never cease to be amazed by God's creations! Amazing!

Brooke
08-28-2007, 10:34 PM
That's beautiful Fp!

My husband was leaving for work at about 5:00 am and saw the moon looking red. He was kinda spooked by it (remembering the part in the Bible in Revelations about the moon turning into blood!) and then heard later about the eclipse. :shock:

Maleah
08-29-2007, 12:15 AM
LOL Brooke! I forgot all about that! I would have freaked out too if I had remembered that AND saw the moon! :shock:

DonFan
08-29-2007, 12:18 AM
That picture is beautiful, FP. I wish we could've seen it here. Too many trees and too much smog.

SweetHolly
08-29-2007, 01:08 AM
That's a beautiful picture FP!

Mrs Frey
08-29-2007, 07:25 AM
Thanks for that beautiful picture, FP. I was driving to band practice last night when I noticed the moon looking particularly large and bright, and then I couldn't help but think of Glenn's :heart: "Lover's Moon". :blush: Anyway, I just thought it looked really beautiful.

sodascouts
08-29-2007, 10:14 AM
What a lovely photo! Better than mine, I think. ;)

I just stayed up all night finishing my third dissertation chapter for my prof. Let's hope he likes it. I think it's good, but too short. It needs augmentation. All my chapters do. I'm a bit too concise... hard to believe since I babble so much in "real life." But I obsess over writing to such a degree that it takes me a HIDEOUSLY long time to do it... hence my slow pace overall, I guess. I should've graduated in May... but as I've joked before, "the release date of my dissertation has been pushed back." ;) Hopefully like the Eagles I can get it out in the fall. They can be my role models, lol! Hmm, or maybe not, because it did take them six years, and I'm still on year five!

EasyFeeling
08-29-2007, 02:00 PM
LOL Soda. Better you don't take these guys as an example. :wink:

GEF, have a good time in Portugal. :)
Wow FP, this is a beautiful picture. :D

The last days we were looking in the internet for beach vacation. I'm totally stressed with it. :roll: We looked for 1 week at Majorca but I can forget it. I don't want to spend too much money because of the move 2 months ago. Then we considered to go to Turkey and it's cheaper but to be honest I don't want to go there.
Ok, so we decided to go to Berlin for 1 week. :D I've heard Nicole Kidman is filming there and maybe Keith will come to see her. :twisted: Nah... we don't have to pay for the overnight stay because a very good friend lives there and he's away for 2 months so we stay in his flat. Very decent of him. :D

Perfect Little Sister
08-29-2007, 04:20 PM
Wow, FP, what a lovely pic. I was driving into San Diego at about 2:30am when I noticed a big group of people standing on the corner, staring at the sky. We were wondering what was up. From where I was at that time I could just see a slight shadow on the face of the moon. I told hubby either we were having an eclipse or they were waiting for the mother ship to beam them up. lol

My son, who's in the Navy, graduated from sonar school on Tuesday. He had told me the grad was no big deal and I shouldn't come down. At 10:30am Monday morning he called to tell me he was the honor grad and was receiving additional awards. Needless to say, at 7pm we took off for San Diego so we could be there the next morning. After the class was given their certificates for completion of sonar training, they called my son front and center and presented him with the honor graduate award for being first in his class with a 96% gpa. They also inducted him into some sort of sonar society which can only be achieved by being the honor grad. And it was his 21st birthday, to boot. We took him out to lunch to celebrate and then had to get back on the road to go home. I had been saying at lunch how I had wanted to take a picnic to the beach or something but it didn't work out that way. About an hour up the road (in Oceanside) hubby pulled off the highway, much to my surprise, for the express purpose of letting me take a walk on the beach. As luck would have it, I had worn a sundress and sandals to the graduation, so I was able to walk along in the waves and pick up a few shells. Oh, and throw the sand dollar that was still alive back into the water. :wink: There were some really interesting colors to the shells. Hopefully it wasn't from toxic waste or something. lol

Perfect Little Sister
08-29-2007, 06:06 PM
What a lovely photo! Better than mine, I think. ;)

I just stayed up all night finishing my third dissertation chapter for my prof. Let's hope he likes it. I think it's good, but too short. It needs augmentation. All my chapters do. I'm a bit too concise... hard to believe since I babble so much in "real life." But I obsess over writing to such a degree that it takes me a HIDEOUSLY long time to do it... hence my slow pace overall, I guess. I should've graduated in May... but as I've joked before, "the release date of my dissertation has been pushed back." ;) Hopefully like the Eagles I can get it out in the fall. They can be my role models, lol! Hmm, or maybe not, because it did take them six years, and I'm still on year five!

Good for you, Soda! btw, quit obsessing! lol After all, this isn't your final copy, it's a draft and you write extremely well. I have no worries regarding your final product.

08-29-2007, 11:58 PM
As usual, I am behind on this thread. Soda - that is a wonderful portrait of your family. Also, congratulations on getting another step closer with your dissertation. Hang in there - you can do it, girl.

And FP - what a stunning pic of the lunar eclipse. Geez - I missed the entire thing, so I really appreciate you posting that.

GEF - hope you have a great time in Portugal. Don't stay away too long, we'll miss ya!

And last of all - to all of you with kids in college - what can I say! Hang in there - hopefully, it will all be worth it in a few years! :D

Brooke
08-30-2007, 10:05 AM
Congratulations to your son PLS! Sounds like he is quite accomplished! I'm glad you got to go and see him accept his awards. That made it really special for him and you.

Sounds like you had a nice walk on the beach too. Great way to close a special day! 8)

DonFan
08-30-2007, 10:20 AM
Congratulations to you and your son, PLS! I know you are very proud of him.

timfan
08-30-2007, 10:28 AM
Congratulations Soda! I'm sure the chapter is great!

And PLS you must be soo proud of your son!! It's Boasting Mommy time! :D 8)

sodascouts
08-30-2007, 01:24 PM
PLS - Let me add my congratulations to your Eagles Lovin' Youngun, lol. ;)

Perfect Little Sister
08-30-2007, 04:02 PM
Thanks guys. And yes, Soda, he has been properly trained in appreciation of good music. lol

Glennsallnighter
08-30-2007, 05:10 PM
Due to a hectic bout of real life I'm way behind on this and all the threads at the moment, so in an effort to catch up may I say:

Soda, keep it up girl, sounds like you're doing ok. It'll be worth it in the end.

PLS Congratulations to your son. That was indeed a high honor for him. It is also a credit to you, for all the work guidance and encouragement you have given him over the past 21 years. You should all be justifiably proud of his achievement.

GEF, Enjoy your trip to Portugal. It will be lovely to be guaranteed some sunshine after the awful 'summer' we have had in this part of the world. I've heard Portugal boasts some very high standard golf courses :wink:

And EF enjoy your trip to Berlin. You never know, Keith just might actually pay Nicole a visit! Stranger things have indeed happened.

And to all of you who saw th eclipse well done! I've seen a few but not on this occasion. FP that is a gorgeous photo.

SweetHolly
08-31-2007, 12:37 AM
Congrats to your son PLS! :applause:

Have fun in Portugal, GEF! :jealous:

Soda, keep up the good work that you've done so far on your dissertation. It'll be worth it when you get it done and graduate. You can do it.

EasyFeeling
08-31-2007, 03:48 AM
And EF enjoy your trip to Berlin. You never know, Keith just might actually pay Nicole a visit! Stranger things have indeed happened.

Thanks GA. Maybe I'm lucky to see Keith. I know he takes a break regularly from touring for 2 weeks to see Nicole and since he's not unsociable I wouldn't wonder to see him somewhere. :pray: :wink:

Today I'm going to my best friend's wedding. :D Since he doesn't live in Bremen and we see each other only now and then I've never seen his bride. I'm curious what kind of person she is. I only hope she makes him happy! He wasn't lucky with the women the last years.

SweetHolly
09-01-2007, 01:22 AM
Have fun at the wedding EF. I hope your friend will be happy with his bride.

Perfect Little Sister
09-02-2007, 08:47 PM
I went to the 26th annual Harvest Wine Festival in Livermore today. They have shuttle buses that take you between all the various wineries in town. The first winery we stopped at, we walked up the drive and the band started playing Lyin' Eyes. Hubby jokingly told me "the Eagles are here", to which I replied, "not quite". Then the guy started to sing...ummm...definitely not. I had to hurry inside the building.

SweetHolly
09-03-2007, 12:12 AM
Sounds like fun.

Mrs Frey
09-03-2007, 09:18 AM
I'm a bit behind, so allow me to congratulate you on your son's Navy achievements, PLS. His awards would certainly have been a wonderful 21st birthday present for him, and an extremely proud moment for you.

Soda, you have no reason to worry about your dissertation. You write so well, and you are so accomplished - you will just breeze through it, girl!

EF, I hope you have a super week in Berlin, and I hope even harder that you will bump into Keith :D. Then you can tell us all about it! :D :D I also hope that you enjoyed your best friend's wedding. All the best to your friend and his bride for a long and happy life together.

PLS, I had to laugh when I read about your experience with the band at the Harvest Wine Festival. I hope, if you ever get a chance to hear my band play "Lyin' Eyes", that your reaction will be more positive than that! :laugh: Yep, I know the feeling - us Eagles fans have very high standards indeed.

The band and I will be playing a wedding this coming Saturday. It will be only the second wedding I've ever played at, so I'm a bit nervous. We're having two practices this week in preparation of the event.

EasyFeeling
09-03-2007, 12:46 PM
PLS, seems you didn't like his singing. It's not easy to satisfy us fans when it comes to an Eagles song :wink:

Good luck for your performance at the wedding, MF. I'm sure all goes well. :wink:

Yes, I had a lot of fun at my best friend's wedding. :D Nice people, yummy food 8) and too much Caipirinhas. :wink:

Here's some photos:

The happy couple:

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l76/elafo/xxy1121.jpg

My friend Sven and Michaela, the next day :wink:
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l76/elafo/xxy1184.jpg

That's Uli who took the photos, he's engaged to another guy and both are very nice, I had a lot to laugh that evening.
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l76/elafo/xxy1197.jpg

Last but not least.... food. :D
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l76/elafo/xxy1076.jpg

rcknalwys
09-03-2007, 01:25 PM
I was baby shower shopping yesterday and surprise surprise, they were playing How Long! I stopped to listen and so did a number of other folks, seems like there are other Eagles fans here in Tennessee!

Oh, and I bought the Rockabye Baby Lullaby album of the Eagles as a shower gift, they'll never forget who gave it to them, as they know I'm a HUGE fan!

09-03-2007, 01:48 PM
PLS - Sorry 'bout that guy botching Lyin' Eyes - hopefully it didn't hurt your ears as bad as the Take It Easy girls who sang to Glenn at PB. :roll:

Michaela - the wedding pics are wonderful. I'm so glad you had such a good time.

And Becky - you have impeccable taste, girl! :D

Brooke
09-03-2007, 05:07 PM
Oh, and I bought the Rockabye Baby Lullaby album of the Eagles as a shower gift, they'll never forget who gave it to them, as they know I'm a HUGE fan!

:shock: Now what would this be? I'm lost!

But that's nothing new! :blush:

rcknalwys
09-03-2007, 07:44 PM
Hi Brooke, it's a cd with instrumental versions of the Eagles songs. It's available at WalMart but the website is www.babyrockrecords.com. It's to "lull your baby into a sweet slumber" "when the stars shine brightly in the sky, it's time for the kids to take it easy. Play this album to ensure peaceful, easy sleepings."

Ok, a bit hokey, but that's what the cover says.

It includes Hotel California, Peaceful, Easy Feeling, Desperado, New Kid In Town, Take It Easy, One Of These Nights, Witchy Woman, Tequila Sunrise, The Best of My Love and The Long Run.

My friend knows I'm a huge Eagles fan so she knew right away who gave it to her. Baby's first Eagles album! She played it for everyone at the shower and everyone was trying to sing along, lol. It was great seeing all the younger ones there that knew every word, their music truly transcends all generations.

Brooke
09-03-2007, 09:31 PM
Thanks for explaining rcknalwys! I've never heard of that! But guess what...I know what my next baby gift will be! 8)

Molly
09-03-2007, 09:45 PM
Thanks for explaining rcknalwys! I've never heard of that! But guess what...I know what my next baby gift will be! 8)

I'm with you, Brooke -I had no clue! Sounds like you and I will be giving the same gift to all the babies in our life!
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y137/mollycinder/15_5_131.gif

Mrs Frey
09-04-2007, 02:02 AM
EF, thanks for the good wishes for my gig. Your photos of yourself and your friends are beautiful. You look stunning girl! I reckon if you bump into Keith while you're on holiday, Nicole had better look out! :wink: I'm glad you enjoyed yourself so much, and it looks as though you and Sven are very close. Friendships such as those don't come around often, but when they do, it's wonderful.

Glennsallnighter
09-04-2007, 06:18 AM
Yes MF, good luck with the gig from me as well! I know you've been practicing hard for it. :rockguitar:

EF your friends look gorgeous on their wedding day. :xoxo: . So did the food!! I'm glad you had a good time at it.

And rcknalwys, that baby gift sounds superb. I didn't even know it existed! But if I ever have any more kids I know what I'll be buying first!!

Mrs Frey
09-04-2007, 06:38 AM
Yes MF, good luck with the gig from me as well! I know you've been practicing hard for it. :rockguitar:

Thanks, GA. I'll certainly try my best, and make The Eagles proud of me. :wink:

DonFan
09-04-2007, 09:46 AM
What great wedding party pictures, EF!
Good luck on your gig, Mrs F.

My friends and I decided to have a birthday party at our house Sunday night for all the husbands who had birthdays over the summer. My friend Lisa was helping me plan it, and since she knows I am a huge DH fan, she decided the theme should be the Boys of Summer. Almost all the husbands are 50 or older so she wrote the invitation, which went like this:

"I can see you, your gray hair shining in the sun,
You've got your gut sucked in and your bifocals on, baby..." :rockguitar:

We had a great time!

sodascouts
09-04-2007, 11:36 AM
MF - have fun at your gig. I'm sure you'll do great!

EF - thanks for posting those photos. Looks like a fun time, and you look great too! That photo of the food made me hungry, lol.

PLS - we have high standards, don't we? But at least hubby could joke about it!

That little baby Eagles album sounds like a great idea for my niece and nephew too. Spread the love early! ;)

Perfect Little Sister
09-04-2007, 01:55 PM
Well the guy really turned me off when he messed up the lyrics 20 words into the song. :roll: His voice just wasn't suited to that song, it was too soft and high and...well...blah. Glenn's voice is so rich and beautiful. And yes, Glenn has spoiled me. Later in the day we were eating lunch at another winery that had a band playing. I was almost deaf before we finished and it was the only place to sit down. LOL, in fact, I said that I had been spoiled; that I like the way the Eagles balance their sound and watch the decibels.

Brooke
09-04-2007, 04:00 PM
My friends and I decided to have a birthday party at our house Sunday night for all the husbands who had birthdays over the summer. My friend Lisa was helping me plan it, and since she knows I am a huge DH fan, she decided the theme should be the Boys of Summer. Almost all the husbands are 50 or older so she wrote the invitation, which went like this:

We had a great time!

This is just too cool, DF! Love it! :lol:

And EF, your wedding pics were gorgeous! Thanks for sharing those! :D

timfan
09-04-2007, 10:12 PM
I went to see the optamologist today about my eye. It was my first vist since right after I was released from hospital and I got good news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is NO visable damamge to my eye from the accident! :D :D It has all healed! I still have the floater ( blood spot) in my eye; the doctor says at this point it is most likely permanent. But if I have come out of a car accident with only a small dot in my eyesight as a permanent injury I feel TREMENDOUSLY lucky!!!

Brooke
09-04-2007, 10:46 PM
Wonderful news timfan! Yes indeed, you were very lucky! :D

We are big St.Louis Cardinals fans here and one of our regular players (Juan Encarnacion) was hit in the eye by a foul ball while on deck to bat. Several eye socket bones were broken and his eye is damaged and he has a concussion, of course. The optic nerve is damaged but not severed. They say he is seeing some light with it, which is good news, but it may be the end of his career. It will take some time before he will know for sure. :(

DonFan
09-05-2007, 12:24 AM
I'm glad you got a good report from the Dr, TF!

sodascouts
09-05-2007, 01:28 AM
Thanks for the update, TF! I'm so glad to hear it! You are lucky indeed!

Molly
09-05-2007, 08:00 AM
Thank goodness, Kath! That's wonderful news!!

Molly
09-05-2007, 08:03 AM
We are big St.Louis Cardinals fans here and one of our regular players (Juan Encarnacion) was hit in the eye by a foul ball while on deck to bat. Several eye socket bones were broken and his eye is damaged and he has a concussion, of course. The optic nerve is damaged but not severed. They say he is seeing some light with it, which is good news, but it may be the end of his career. It will take some time before he will know for sure. :(

I wish the best for your player, Brooke (even if the Cards are the enemy for me, right now). No sports fan wants to see a player have a career ending injury. Hopefully, Juan will come away from this with his eyesight restored.

tbs fanatic
09-05-2007, 10:54 AM
Good news TF. I'm sure you are relieved.

EasyFeeling
09-05-2007, 02:01 PM
I'm glad to hear it's all healed, TF. Very good news. :D

DF, that sounds like a great birthday party, wonderful idea with the theme :D

I've never heard of that baby Eagles album. But that doesn't surprise since I live in Germany. :roll: Wonder if I could get it here, but I doubt it. :?

3 weeks ago I went to the gynecologist (no, you don't need to congratulate I'm not pregnant :wink: ) for the yearly cancer check-up. When you don't hear anything in a week all is ok. Today I got back home from work and found a letter in the mail from the doctor. :shock: Nothing bad (not yet) but they want to see me again in October for a second test because they found a minor cell change. They wrote that mostly these kind of results are regressive and don't need any treatment. Not that I have a bad feeling but who knows.
Keep your fingers crossed that it's only a false alarm :pray:

Woooohooooo... Desperate Housewives starts today after a long summer break. Love it... Finally I get to see that sexy plumber (right word?) again, :twisted:

sodascouts
09-05-2007, 02:52 PM
3 weeks ago I went to the gynecologist (no, you don't need to congratulate I'm not pregnant :wink: ) for the yearly cancer check-up. When you don't hear anything in a week all is ok. Today I got back home from work and found a letter in the mail from the doctor. :shock: Nothing bad (not yet) but they want to see me again in October for a second test because they found a minor cell change. They wrote that mostly these kind of results are regressive and don't need any treatment. Not that I have a bad feeling but who knows.
Keep your fingers crossed that it's only a false alarm :pray:

I will! :pray:

Molly
09-05-2007, 05:33 PM
Try not to worry, Michaela, that's not an uncommon thing to have happen. I've had the same thing happen to me.

But, do keep your appointment for the re-check. That's really important.

Perfect Little Sister
09-05-2007, 07:53 PM
TF- great news!

EF- I second the others...make sure you keep your appointment, but don't worry too much.

Brooke
09-05-2007, 10:43 PM
EF, I've had the same thing happen too and it all turned out ok. But do go to that appointment.

EasyFeeling
09-06-2007, 03:52 AM
Thanks for your support girls. :) This morning I called the doctor and she said she wants to make a test for the HPV virus, which causes cervix cancer. She said many women have this and usually it's not a reason to worry. In case the test is positive they probably remove these cells.
I've read a bit in the internet about that virus because I've never heard about it before. There's also a forum in which women are talking about the operation and their experiences. Very interesting.
I've learned that's why the young girls should get an inoculation as soon as possible before they are having sex. I new about this inoculation but never knew it's because of that virus.

I have an appointment on Oct. 9.

Glennsallnighter
09-06-2007, 06:06 AM
TF Congratulations! I'm delighted your eyesight has not been permanently affected by the accident!

Brooke! I hope Juan Encarnacion's eye recovers and that he will not have to retire prematurely from the game.

Michaela, hang in there, hopefully you won't have anything to worry about, but as the others say, do keep that appointment. Over here we don't even get given appointments for cancer screening. Breastcheck is available only to women in the 50 - 64 age bracket, so they are the only people called. No other services are provided routinely. You have to have the initiative to make the appointment yourself, follow it through and pay for it yourself also unless you have a medical card. Even when you do suspect you may have a problem if you go through the public system you can be waiting months for an appointment unless you can afford private health treatment! People have been known to die on waiting lists! We have a 2-tier health system which is in shambles!

Sorry for ranting!

glenneaglesfan
09-06-2007, 06:35 AM
I've a lot of catching up to do here.

GA, that sounds bad about your health system. Our National Health Service is creaking, but there is now a two week waiting initiative for suspected cancer, and women are offered cervical screening every five years, and mammograms from the age of 50.

EF, best of luck with your follow-up. I'm sure your gynaecologist will look after you.

Kath, that's tremendous news about your eye. You've been so brave and upbeat about the whole business - I'm sure that's helped.

PEF, congratulations to your talented son. What an achievement. I hearing about your walk on the beach. I love collecting seashells too.

FP, that picture of the lunar eclipse is stunning. We had a total eclipse of the sun visible in south west England in 1999. Over our village it remained cloudy throughout the whole eclipse, so we didn't even glimpse it! It was still incredibly impressive as the darkness rolled over the land.

Thanks for all your wishes for our holiday. We had a week of cloudless blue skies, and most of the time didn't stray too far from the terrace and pool at the villa.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c96/Glenneaglesfan/IMG_1254.jpg

We did manage an excursion down to the furthest south westerly point on mainland Europe at Cabo de Sao Vicente, where the boys sampled the fare at this stall!

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c96/Glenneaglesfan/IMG_1406.jpg

Nearby was this beautiful beach where we stopped for a swim.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c96/Glenneaglesfan/IMG_1415.jpg

And GA, the link to golf courses crossed my mind too! Sadly, I didn't spot a certain person, although there was one blissful evening when the menfolk went across to the bar over the road for a beer, and I had the pool to myself and swam under the stars listening to the music of said gentleman. Sigh...

Mrs Frey
09-06-2007, 06:45 AM
Well the guy really turned me off when he messed up the lyrics 20 words into the song. :roll: His voice just wasn't suited to that song, it was too soft and high and...well...blah. Glenn's voice is so rich and beautiful. And yes, Glenn has spoiled me. Later in the day we were eating lunch at another winery that had a band playing. I was almost deaf before we finished and it was the only place to sit down. LOL, in fact, I said that I had been spoiled; that I like the way the Eagles balance their sound and watch the decibels.

Highlight 1: LOL, PLS! :lol: I'm sorry - the "blah" bit really cracked me up!

Highlight 2: I must say I know how you feel regarding deafening bands. I've also dined out at a restaurant in Cape Town where their bands seem to be too loud as a rule. To make matters worse, the vocals are never loud enough, which I find annoying. A band should never overwhelm the singer/singers. There's also nothing worse than having a ringing in one's ears after leaving a venue. :roll:

Mrs Frey
09-06-2007, 07:03 AM
What great wedding party pictures, EF!
Good luck on your gig, Mrs F.

We had a great time!

DF, I really enjoyed your friend's interpretation of "Boys Of Summer"! :lol: It's so clever! I'm glad you enjoyed the party. Thanks also to you and Soda for the good wishes and confidence for my gig. We had those two practices this week, I've had two late nights, I've been busy at work to boot (hence a day away from the Board :( ), and I'm REALLY tired, but I hope I get through Saturday, which is going to be a lo-o-ong day. The venue is quite a long drive from where I live, although it should be beautiful, as it's on a wine farm. We'll have to arrive there in the afternoon to set up our equipment, and thereafter have enough time to make ourselves presentable! Phew!

TF, I'm SO happy that you have received such good news about your eye.

On a similar, but sadder note: Brooke, I hope Juan of the St Louis Cardinals' eye recovers from his accident. What an awful thing to happen to him.

EF, best of luck for your cancer cell check. I'll pray for you that the news will be positive.

GA, your country's health system sounds a bit like South Africa's. :roll: When my mother was treated for her cancer, she had to endure incredible tardiness on the part of the state hospital she went to (despite having medical aid), which needless to say gave her a lot of unnecessary stress. Stress and cancer are certainly not friends.

GEF, WELCOME BACK, GIRLFRIEND! :D Thank you for posting those beautiful pictures from your holiday. I'm glad you had such a great time, and that you managed a little Glenn :heart: time too. Every bit helps... :twisted:

EasyFeeling
09-06-2007, 07:39 AM
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c96/Glenneaglesfan/IMG_1406.jpg

:shock: :shock: http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/g020.gif http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/g020.gif GEF, this cracked me up! Too funny! Is it a German who runs this stall? :wink: What a beautiful picture of that beach. Seems you had a good time in Portugal. :) Have you rented a Finca? In Spain it's called Finca, I don't know if it's the same in Portugal.

Breastcheck is available only to women in the 50 - 64 age bracket, so they are the only people called. No other services are provided routinely. You have to have the initiative to make the appointment yourself, follow it through and pay for it yourself also unless you have a medical card.

GA, same here in Germany. It's a shame, isn't it? The yearly cancer check-up is for free but you have to pay for the mammography and ultrasonics. No screening unless you are 50.
Thank you all for your good wishes. You know I'm not that kind of person who thinks negative. :wink:

DonFan
09-06-2007, 11:20 AM
EF, I will be thinking of you and your Dr visit, but I'm sure everything will be fine--keep us posted, okay?

The bratwurst picture cracked me up too! :rofl:

sodascouts
09-06-2007, 11:31 AM
Great vacation photos, GEF - sounds like you guys had a fun time!

Glennsallnighter
09-06-2007, 01:40 PM
And GA, the link to golf courses crossed my mind too! Sadly, I didn't spot a certain person, although there was one blissful evening when the menfolk went across to the bar over the road for a beer, and I had the pool to myself and swam under the stars listening to the music of said gentleman. Sigh...

Oh GEF, How romantic! I love getting evenings to myself when I can listen to such music and watch that gentleman perform as only he can.......like tonight :wink: ! Hubby's on an overnight course with work. Guess who'll be sleeping in my bed.......on the ipod! :D

Brooke
09-06-2007, 02:19 PM
Beautiful vacation pictures, gef! This was in Portugal? Never been to Europe, but this looks great! Sounds like you had a wonderful time. :D

So, you're all rested up and ready for lots of hard work. Right? :wink:

SweetHolly
09-07-2007, 02:05 AM
Kath, I'm glad you got good news.

Brooke, I'm quite a fan of the Cardinals too and I hope Juan Encarnacion gets better soon.

EF, you're in my thoughts and prayers. Hang in there.

GEF, glad you're back. I enjoyed your pictures.

glenneaglesfan
09-07-2007, 10:25 AM
Thanks, Holly and Soda.

Brooke, it really was relaxing, and luckily I'm not back to work until next week.

EF, that stall is run by a German couple, and my son (in the blue shirt with his back to the camera) used his best German to order. It's a hoot, isn't it?!

MF, best of luck with your gig tomorrow. Have a great time!

Mrs Frey
09-11-2007, 07:08 AM

Thanks for the good wishes, GEF.

It was a long day, as I anticipated - we got together at our place of practice to load equipment at 12:30 Saturday afternoon, and I finally got home at 01:50 Sunday morning. Phew! It was an hour's drive to the farm, which is breathtakingly beautiful, as was the drive on the way there. Our gig went well - we played for about 3 and a half hours, and the people really seemed to enjoy themselves. They even called for a couple of encores! :D We did one song of the Eagles, "Hotel California", which went down well.

DonFan
09-11-2007, 07:52 AM
I'm glad everything went well, Mrs. F. Hotel California--cool.

My brother plays drums in a small band on the weekends and much as he loves it, he says with the travel and all the loading and unloading of the equipment, it does make for a really long night. He works Mon-Fri at his regular job, and every now & then when they are asked to play somewhere on a Friday night instead of a Saturday, it just wears him out.

But he loves it, just like you, and would never give it up! :drummer:

rcknalwys
09-11-2007, 01:52 PM
Glad to hear the gig went so well. My exes were both musicians and I spent many hours helping/watching them set up and tear down so I know how exhausting it can be.

sodascouts
09-11-2007, 02:19 PM
Glad to hear that the gig was a success, MF! Guess that rock'n'roll lifestyle can wear on a person. ;)

glenneaglesfan
09-11-2007, 03:23 PM
MF, very glad to hear that the gig went well. Three and a half hours of playing sounds exhausting! The venue sounds lovely. One day, you will have to let us hear some of your music. If it includes HC and sometimes other Eagles songs, I think we'd all love it, and it's great to think that some of our members are musically talented.

Df, what sort of band does your brother play in?

Rcknalwys, it must be quite a buzz to hang with a musician, even if it's hard work.

DonFan
09-11-2007, 04:23 PM
GEF, my brother has a little three-piece band that plays mostly 80s-90s cover tunes. Unlike Don, he mainly drums and doesn't sing the lead on very many songs, but his big solo is "Brickhouse." :wink:

Glennsallnighter
09-11-2007, 05:08 PM

Thanks for the good wishes, GEF.

It was a long day, as I anticipated - we got together at our place of practice to load equipment at 12:30 Saturday afternoon, and I finally got home at 01:50 Sunday morning. Phew! It was an hour's drive to the farm, which is breathtakingly beautiful, as was the drive on the way there. Our gig went well - we played for about 3 and a half hours, and the people really seemed to enjoy themselves. They even called for a couple of encores! :D We did one song of the Eagles, "Hotel California", which went down well.

Well done MF! :D I'm glad it all went well.It shows too how much extra work is required when running a band. A lot of people only think in terms of the time the band actually play, but if you include rehersals, travelling, and setting up/taking down gear a 3 and a half hour gig is really a full days work!

Mrs Frey
09-12-2007, 09:23 AM
Thanks, DF, Becky, Soda, GEF and GA for your support regarding my gig. It is much appreciated!

DF, it's great that your brother also plays in a band. It seems he and I would have a lot to talk about if we had to meet! Yes, being involved in a band is exhausting, especially when you have a regular job for 5 days a week (as I do) and are asked to play on a Friday night. In those cases, I usually make a plan to start working earlier so that I can leave earlier, and have time to get myself all spruced up for the gig. I think the loading, unloading and setting up of equipment must be the bane of every musician's life - unless, of course, you are The Eagles (or an equally wealthy band), who can afford roadies. :wink: We usually play Saturdays too, but our previous gig took place on a Sunday afternoon until early evening.

Becky, you seem to have first hand experience of a musician's life - you go girl! :wink:

Soda, I don't know about a rock 'n roll lifestyle :hilarious: - Mrs Frey is actually a very conservative person away from the stage! She doesn't even drink (which has been a source of amusement to those who have seen me perform - a rock chick who doesn't drink, and all...)

GEF, three and a half hours is still a lightweight gig compared to what we've done in the past. For New Year's Eve last year, we played for nearly five hours! Fortunately, we used the venue's PA equipment, and only had to set up and break down our personal equipment. It was a very public gig, which was probably the highlight of my musical "career" so far! Thanks for your interest in my music, girlfriend - maybe I could organise something one day so that you can hear what we sound like... :idea: The other regular Eagles songs we do, apart from "Hotel California", are "Tequila Sunrise" and "Lyin' Eyes". I do lead vocals on all of them, and play acoustic guitar.

GA, thanks for your support too, my dear. A full day's work it is, indeed.

rcknalwys
09-12-2007, 10:57 AM
Truth be told, I miss the excitement of life in the music world. Unlike certain men we all know and love, mine have given up the life. In doing so, I feel they have given up a part of their souls. I hope you keep that part of yourself always.

glenneaglesfan
09-14-2007, 10:32 AM
Yeah, my younger son passed the theory part of his driving test yesterday! I knew it would go well, as just as I parked to let him out at the centre, Take It To the Limit came on the radio! (At least it wasn't Life in The Fast Lane!)

D and I are driving up to Kent tomorrow as it's his parents' Golden wedding anniversary. His mum has been very unwell, and it's something of a miracle that she is home to celebrate, so rather than a big do, my sister-in-law is going to cook them a nice meal in their home. The boys are staying here at home to catsit.

Perfect Little Sister
09-14-2007, 12:52 PM
Wow GEF, 50 years is quite impressive. Glad mum-in-law is well enough to celebrate.

Freypower
09-14-2007, 07:41 PM
My mother left on what she insists will be her last overseas trip on September 3. I finally had a postcard from Ireland yesterday which is why I hadn't posted until now.

GA will be interested to know that she's been in Kilmallock in County Limerick for a week with my second cousin and his wife. They are doing research into my father's family. Before meeting them she had a couple of days in Dublin. Next week she heads for England where she meets my mother-in-law in Birmingham. They head to Shewsbury and Ironbridge in Shropshire for a few days to see where my maternal grandfather's family came from. I'm so envious of all this. At least I expect to get some postcards & magnets out of it.

Mrs Frey
09-18-2007, 09:46 AM
Yeah, my younger son passed the theory part of his driving test yesterday! I knew it would go well, as just as I parked to let him out at the centre, Take It To the Limit came on the radio! (At least it wasn't Life in The Fast Lane!)

D and I are driving up to Kent tomorrow as it's his parents' Golden wedding anniversary. His mum has been very unwell, and it's something of a miracle that she is home to celebrate, so rather than a big do, my sister-in-law is going to cook them a nice meal in their home. The boys are staying here at home to catsit.

Congratulations to your son, GEF! I hope your mum-in-law goes from strength to strength.

Mrs Frey
09-18-2007, 09:48 AM
My mother left on what she insists will be her last overseas trip on September 3. I finally had a postcard from Ireland yesterday which is why I hadn't posted until now.

GA will be interested to know that she's been in Kilmallock in County Limerick for a week with my second cousin and his wife. They are doing research into my father's family. Before meeting them she had a couple of days in Dublin. Next week she heads for England where she meets my mother-in-law in Birmingham. They head to Shewsbury and Ironbridge in Shropshire for a few days to see where my maternal grandfather's family came from. I'm so envious of all this. At least I expect to get some postcards & magnets out of it.

I feel your pain, FP. I also haven't had the opportunity to travel, and there's so much I would like to see and do. Perhaps it will happen for me one day (and The Eagles are certainly a huge motivation to that end!).

Freypower
09-18-2007, 07:55 PM
Oh, I've travelled, believe me. But the last time I went overseas was 1996 and as only my husband works we just can't afford to go.

Mrs Frey
09-19-2007, 07:39 AM
That's a pity for you, FP. At least you have some travelling experience, and the great memories that go along with it. The furthest I've ever been away from home has been up-country to Johannesburg, and that only happened once: when our band played a gig at Alpine Heath in the Drakensberg towards the end of last year. It's particularly expensive for South Africans to travel, considering that the exchange rate with all the major currencies does not favour the humble Rand.

Brooke
09-19-2007, 11:31 AM
It sounds like your mother will have a wonderful trip, Fp!

I'm heading off to Tampa, Florida early tomorrow morning to visit a couple of old childhood friends for a few days. They come here every Thanksgiving to visit their father, but I've never been to their homes. I'm very excited. My hubby actually suggested this trip for my birthday! What a sweethart!

:inlove:

EasyFeeling
09-19-2007, 01:07 PM
Sounds great, Brooke. I'm sure you will have a lot of fun. :D

I'm glad to hear your gig went well, MF. :D

Sorry, I can't respond to every post, it would take ages. :wink:

Just wanted to say I'm back home. I had a wonderful week in Berlin. We were lucky and had no rain so we could go to all the beautiful places. My friend took tons of photos but she has to put them on her PC first. I hope I can post some next week.

Before I went to Berlin I had to go to the dentist and I guess I have to pay an awful lot of money in the near future. Seems this definitely ruins my plans to see the Eagles next year. :evil:

SweetHolly
09-19-2007, 10:59 PM
Hope you have a fun trip Brooke.

Glad you had a good time in Berlin EF. That's too bad about the dentist. I hate going to the dentist. :evil:

Molly
09-20-2007, 05:26 PM
Brooke, your trip sounds like fun -nothing better than getting together will old friends!

EF -when my son visited Germany last year, the part he talked about the most was his 2 days in Berlin. He's looking forward to returning there some day very soon.

My husband's been visiting our dentist every Tuesday for the past 3 weeks getting a new crown on one of his teeth. He bought himself a bag of caramel corn at the Fair last month and cracked his tooth on the very first piece he ate. That turned out to be one very expensive bag of carmel corn!

DonFan
09-20-2007, 05:31 PM
I feel your husband's pain, Molly. I have had several crowns myself, and they are VERY expensive.

sodascouts
09-20-2007, 10:19 PM
Have fun on your trip, Brooke!

EF, I'm so sorry to hear about the dentistry problems. Who knows, the Eagles may come back to Europe eventually! At least you had a good time in Berlin. I visited Germany once many years ago in 1990, after the Wall went down but prior to reunification. I want to go back some day!

Sympathies to your hubby, Molly!

EasyFeeling
09-21-2007, 06:28 AM
Yes, Berlin is worth a trip. Too bad, yesterday I've learned Roger Hodgson gives a concert next week in Berlin. When I had known this before... sigh.

Like Molly's husband I need a crown, in fact a new dental bridge. The one I have is 20 years old and the back tooth under it must be removed. That means I have no back teeth anymore on the right upper side then.
At an age of 10 or 11 they removed some back teeth because my jaw (right word?) was too small.

Mrs Frey
09-21-2007, 07:23 AM
EF, WELCOME BACK! WE MISSED YOU!! :D I'm sorry to read about your dentistry woes, though. I'm glad you had such a great holiday.

Molly, I'm sorry that your husband had such bad fortune regarding his teeth just eating caramel corn! I hope all will work out okay.

Brooke, I hope you enjoy your trip to see your friends. How wonderful that you still have childhood friends.

glenneaglesfan
09-21-2007, 10:35 AM
Yes, welcome back EF, and glad you had a good time in Berlin. sorry to hear about your tooth problem though. I chipped a bit off one a few months ago and that cost £100 to put right.

Molly, your hubby must be regretting that caramel corn!

Brooke, have a safe trip!

EasyFeeling
09-21-2007, 04:05 PM
Thanks for your welcome. :D
That dental treatment will cost me more than 1000 Euros. :evil:

Glennsallnighter
09-21-2007, 06:56 PM
Thats a lot EF, but I know its something similar over here. In fact many people over here go to Belfast in Northern Ireland to have dental work done as it works out much cheaper there even after transport costs. Would that be an option for you if you could get a cheapie flight? Only a suggestion.

I had a 'great' day today!

Firstly I got an email from the shop section of the official site this morning giving me a final chance to purchase the album/shirt and be in the competition. I grabbed my credit card (already taken to the limit this month :wink: ) and went into it to find out it was just the usual offer and only open to North America residents. There are times when things suck :cry: Why send the email and raise my hopes when it doesn't apply where I live? I suppose it was just a standard one sent to everyone on the database.

Then I phoned the store later but still no luck :(

And then to top off the day Ireland lost to France in the Rugby World cup earlier tonight. Only that I have Glenn :heart: Live in Dublin on the DVD to cheer me up I'd have gone to bed!

sodascouts
09-21-2007, 06:58 PM
1000 Euros! Terrible, EF!

GA - so sorry to hear about your day. You know, the official site made an announcement that it would have good news for international fans "soon" - well - when's it gonna be? lol

Glennsallnighter
09-21-2007, 07:02 PM
1000 Euros! Terrible, EF!

GA - so sorry to hear about your day. You know, the official site made an announcement that it would have good news for international fans "soon" - well - when's it gonna be? lol

The 'sooner' the better, Soda! How Long :wink: am I going to have to wait for this?

Freypower
09-21-2007, 07:14 PM
Do you know I got TWO emails from eaglesband.com yesterday telling me it was my last chance to order. I didn't have GA's disappointment as I already knew it was for North America only. I was happy anyway because the Knopfler CD/DVD arrived. I won't be able to play it until next week.

EasyFeeling
09-22-2007, 05:02 AM
Thats a lot EF, but I know its something similar over here. In fact many people over here go to Belfast in Northern Ireland to have dental work done as it works out much cheaper there even after transport costs. Would that be an option for you if you could get a cheapie flight? Only a suggestion.

Sorry to hear about your disappointment, GA.

This might be an option... but I've read a lot from people who went to another country for dental work. Many people here go to East Europe (Poland etc.) and many had problems after the treatment. You have to go back for reworking and that might be more expensive than doing the treatment in your own country.
After our health care reform we have to pay a lot of money by ourself. Until some time ago the health insurance paid abt. 65 % of the total costs. Now they pay a fixed amount or not more than 35 %.

The only good thing about it is that my dentist is not that expensive than others. For instance I pay nothing extra for fillings (ceramic). Friends of mine told me they have to pay abt. 35 Euros per filling.

Brooke
09-25-2007, 10:14 AM
Well, I'm baaaack! Of course, the first thing to do today is catch up here! Wow, I've missed you all!

EF, good luck with the dental work. I feel your pain because hubby is in the process of getting some done and even with insurance, which pays about half and to a limit each year, is still very expensive.

Sounds like Berlin was fun for you though.

I had a wonderful time in Florida....in between rain storms! My friend's home is right on the beach, so I had a wonderful view of the gulf 24 hours a day. We also saw dolphins, stingrays, and a manatee swimming right by their dock! They have a small boat and finally, on Sunday we got to take it out and spend some time on an island sunning and collecting shells. It seems there was a tropical disturbance that went through the area and then headed across the gulf and up through Louisiana and will make it here bringing rain to us in Missouri ( :roll: even though we need it desperately!) today.

On Sunday evening we went to a charity benefit that was black tie. They had a silent auction and, you won't believe this, but there was a framed, off white guitar (reminded me of the one Don plays) signed by all of the Eagles there that brought $895! It only received 1 bid! I wanted to buy it soooooo bad. I found out later that it was not an originally signed guitar, but one that is "autosigned" meaning that they give permission for their signature to be "stamped" on certain things. So, then I felt better about not getting it! You can imagine the look on my face when I first saw it!

One evening we were listening to music and they got out the HFO dvd! I was thrilled that they still had such good taste in music! And we also heard HL on the car radio and I got to tell them that the Eagles had a new album coming out and that they must get it! Actually, though, one of the girls attended the Eagles concert with me back in 76 or 77, (yeah, I can't remember the actual date and have no memorabilia :roll: ) so, I knew she liked their music.

All in all, we had a great time. I'll post a picture or too later after I catch up here! :D

Sexy Girl
09-25-2007, 10:21 AM
Well, well, well, I’m back on The Border – and it took me so much longer than I had planned.

I tried to catch up with all threads – new and old - over the past week, so it looks like I’m vaguely up-to-date with everything that happened during the past months – A LOT I have to say.

First of all happy belated birthday to everybody who has been celebrating their birthdays lately. Hope you all had a wonderful time.

Then thank you for the wonderful reviews from Niagara Falls to Nancy, Lissa, Kay, and Kathryn – what a terrific time you had!!

Thank you also to all the people who posted a mass of great photos – I took my time to look at all of them and I enjoyed it very much :D

Sorry I can’t address all the topics in detail but there are too many I have missed :?

After a long and adventurous vacation I went to the States for some business but also to spend time with my best friend and roomie in SLC. Well, officially she still is my roomie but it looks like I won’t spend so much time in SLC in the future. My mom needs me at home here in CH and this doesn’t leave so much time for extended travelling or lots of fun stuff besides work.

Anyway I’m glad to be back and hope to find at least some time in between all other activities to post again.

Oh, and btw, I even had a look at My Space – some great things going on there but all I ever managed to do was to open up an account – totally basic and crappy and empty so far. Hope to find more time for that too :D

sodascouts
09-25-2007, 01:15 PM
Welcome back SG! You've been missed! Sounds like you've been quite busy.

I hope everything is OK with your Mom, BTW.

EasyFeeling
09-25-2007, 01:27 PM
Welcome back Brooke and SG! :D

SG, I also hope all is ok with your mom.

Brooke, I'm glad you had such a great time! :D I've never heard of "autosigned" stuff but at least you have nothing to regret. :wink:

sodascouts
09-25-2007, 02:41 PM
And Brooke - let me welcome you back too! Your absence was shorter but still felt. ;)

What a coincidence about that silent auction. I wonder if the person who payed almost $900 knew it was only "auto-signed"?

Cool that your friends like the Eagles, too. Glad you had so much fun!

09-25-2007, 02:59 PM
Wow - We are all such a busy bunch that I can never keep up with this thread, so apologies if I fail to acknowledge anyone. EasyFeeling, Sexy Girl, and Brooke welcome back to all you - we missed you during your absences, both long and short. Brooke, I hope that guitar was worth the money. It would seem to me that if the signatures were hand-signed, it may have gone for a lot more in a charity auction. Anyway, I'd hate to think the buyer overpaid for something because of a misunderstanding. Oh well - the money went to a good cause - right! :wink:

SweetHolly
09-26-2007, 12:20 AM
Welcome back y'all. Glad y'all are back. SG, I hope mom will be okay. :hug:

Mrs Frey
09-26-2007, 07:16 AM
WELCOME BACK, SG AND BROOKE! :yay: We all missed you both. SG, you seem to have been busy - I hope your mom is well.

Brooke, it looks like you had a great time! I'm glad. You said the guitar you saw reminds you of the one that Don plays - was it a Fender Telecaster? I saw one in a local music store recently that took my fancy - it just costs a fortune (for me, anyway). It looks just like Don's, and is a genuine American Fender Telecaster. I am just curious.

Brooke
09-26-2007, 10:41 AM
What a coincidence about that silent auction. I wonder if the person who payed almost $900 knew it was only "auto-signed"?

Yeah, I wondered about that, too. It certainly sheds a new light on autographs. Something you would definitely want to check out if you are buying. I know that, to me, it made my original autographs from Don much more valuable!

Brooke, I hope that guitar was worth the money. It would seem to me that if the signatures were hand-signed, it may have gone for a lot more in a charity auction. Anyway, I'd hate to think the buyer overpaid for something because of a misunderstanding. Oh well - the money went to a good cause - right! :wink:

Surely that was explained before the auction closed. And yes, the charity's were for a childrens fund and a domestic violence center.

You said the guitar you saw reminds you of the one that Don plays - was it a Fender Telecaster? I saw one in a local music store recently that took my fancy - it just costs a fortune (for me, anyway). It looks just like Don's, and is a genuine American Fender Telecaster. I am just curious.

Oh Mrs F, I don't know much about guitars! :blush: I failed to take my camera to the event and didn't think to check out the brand of guitar. All I know is that it was a creamy color similar to the one Don plays in Dirty Laundry. Surely if it was a genuine Fender it would have brought lots more $$$? I was mainly intrigued with the signatures of the whole band on it. Thinking about it later it seems odd that Felder's sig was on there, too. So, whoever took care of getting that done didn't do their homework very well. Of course, we diehard fans know all about that, don't we! :lol:

Brooke
09-26-2007, 04:52 PM
I promised a pic or two of my vacation.

Here's a pretty evening shot from my friends back patio of the Gulf of Mexico:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y63/desperado74/Family/IMG_0245.jpg

And a stingray passing by while standing on the dock:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y63/desperado74/Family/IMG_0255.jpg

Glennsallnighter
09-26-2007, 05:34 PM
Welcome back Brooke and SG.

Brooke those pics look fabulous. I love the one of you all 'Dolled up' to go out.

SG, really missed you. Hope your mom is OK. I need to get round to doing a myspace page too. Its on my (very long) to do list! And I'll certainly add you as a friend (or do you add me as one? Don't know!).

glenneaglesfan
09-26-2007, 05:36 PM
Brooke, those photos are wonderful. You and your friends look so young, and the sunset shot is beautiful, and to catch that stingray under the water is amazing.

I loved hearing about your trip to Florida and the Gulf of Mexico. We had a holiday there two years ago, and swam with the manatees, and collected shells on the beach. It brings back very happy memories!

Molly
09-26-2007, 06:27 PM
Brooke, looks like you and your friends were busy being fabulous! What a lovely picture!

Too bad they didn't award that signed guitar to the most devoted Eagles fan in attendance!

Brooke
09-26-2007, 08:48 PM
Brooke, looks like you and your friends were busy being fabulous! What a lovely picture!

Too bad they didn't award that signed guitar to the most devoted Eagles fan in attendance!

Haha, good one, Molly!

Yes, it is too bad, cause I would have definitely come home with it and been a very happy camper! :sniff:

Gef, we also collected shells. I found several sand dollars and all but one broke in my suitcase on the trip home. I was not pleased! :(

SweetHolly
09-26-2007, 09:35 PM
Great pictures Brooke! :D

DonFan
09-26-2007, 11:26 PM
Like Dreamer, I have enjoyed reading everyone's posts on this thread, and I also apologize that I am unable to comment on every one.

Brooke, your trip sounds wonderful, and the picture of you and your friends is beautiful. I had never heard of "auto-signing" either!

sodascouts
09-27-2007, 01:23 AM
Thanks for posting the photos, Brooke. You and your friends look gorgeous!

Here's something a bit amusing that happened to me a couple days ago. I went out to get some coffee late at night, at around 11:00 pm (too late, it turns out. Starbucks was closed). Starbucks happens to be next to a video game store. So, I drive up, and I see a line of males, ages approximately 13-22, lined up from the store, past the Starbucks, past the deli, all the way to the corner.

I got out, found out Starbucks was closed, then decided to ask one of the eager young men what the line was for.

"Are you serious?!" He asks me, his voice full of disgust at my ignorance. "Halo 3 comes out at midnight! DUH!"

I just raised my eyebrow and, guessing he didn't have much female interaction, said "Gee, thanks for making me feel STUPID! You really know how to treat a girl!" and watched him blush as his friends laughed. I know, I'm bad. lol

Now, I can't judge, I'm a nerd, too. Just not a video game nerd. ;)

EasyFeeling
09-27-2007, 03:51 AM
LOL Soda! But what is Halo 3? :?

Brooke, beautiful pictures... you and your friends look fantastic. :D

Glennsallnighter
09-27-2007, 04:12 AM
I echo EF! Not being in the all-knowing 13 - 22 age group either(That was so long ago it seems like it was a dream......did it happen?) I've never heard of Halo 3 either! May I assume its a game? :D

Glennsallnighter
09-27-2007, 04:35 AM
I just noticed Soda! Congratulations on your 4000th post WOW! :cheers:
Keep them goin' strong :D

EasyFeeling
09-27-2007, 04:46 AM
4000th... wow... congratulations, Soda! :D

glenneaglesfan
09-27-2007, 06:08 AM
Wow, 4000 posts, congratulations, Soda!

That's too funny about those nerds queuing up for that game! I have heard of Halo 3 - quite a phenomenon in the gaming world I believe, but then I have kids in that age group! Not that they would be seen dead queuing at night for a game!

Sexy Girl, welcome back!! My internet was down yesterday and I missed seeing your post. We've missed you. Soda posted that picture where your av comes from and I thought of you!

DonFan
09-27-2007, 09:09 AM
Here's something a bit amusing that happened to me a couple days ago. I went out to get some coffee late at night, at around 11:00 pm (too late, it turns out. Starbucks was closed). Starbucks happens to be next to a video game store. So, I drive up, and I see a line of males, ages approximately 13-22, lined up from the store, past the Starbucks, past the deli, all the way to the corner.

I got out, found out Starbucks was closed, then decided to ask one of the eager young men what the line was for.

"Are you serious?!" He asks me, his voice full of disgust at my ignorance. "Halo 3 comes out at midnight! DUH!"

I just raised my eyebrow and, guessing he didn't have much female interaction, said "Gee, thanks for making me feel STUPID! You really know how to treat a girl!" and watched him blush as his friends laughed. I know, I'm bad. lol

Nancy, my daughter Rachel called me from college several days ago and we had much the same conversation. She said she went with one her college buddies to stand in line so he could buy a copy of Halo 3, and I said "What is Halo 3?" :roll: I could hear the exasperation in her voice when she explained it to me, and I said the same thing--"Thanks for making ol' Mom feel dumb!" and she laughed and apologized. :wink:

Congrats on 4000 posts too!!

Brooke
09-27-2007, 11:23 AM
I don't know much about video games either, but I have heard about Halo just being released on the news and the frenzy it has caused!

Edited to add: Congrats on post 4000, Soda! You sure talk a lot! :twisted:

sodascouts
09-27-2007, 11:44 AM
Wow, 4000, dang! lol Thanks for the congrats, guys!

glenneaglesfan
09-27-2007, 04:58 PM
Just a quick PS to my earlier post. Younger son had a package today, and I jokingly said "Is it Halo 3?" No, but it was the earlier version, Halo 2! ( It's the only version that works on their x box, apparently.)

Glennsallnighter
09-27-2007, 05:01 PM
Oh the poor darlings! How are they coping with such a dinosaur? I suppose they'll be expecting mom and dad to upgrade it soon :wink:

glenneaglesfan
09-27-2007, 05:29 PM
They'll need an upgrade on their computer first - looks like a few jobs around the house before Christmas!

sodascouts
09-27-2007, 05:35 PM
Oh, how they suffer. ;)

tbs fanatic
09-27-2007, 05:42 PM
I'm sorry to say we have the dreaded Halo3 :roll: At least it's keeping the boys out of my hair for a while.

Molly
09-27-2007, 06:04 PM
I haven't heard of Halo 3, either -so my boys must not be interested in it. The latest Guitar Hero or the newest version of Madden football -now that's a different story!

Glennsallnighter
09-27-2007, 06:43 PM
They'll need an upgrade on their computer first - looks like a few jobs around the house before Christmas!

Good on you GEF! Make them earn it :wink:

Freypower
09-27-2007, 07:20 PM
I'll just stick with Civilization IV - Beyond The Sword, thanks. 8)

Rosalind plays the Harry Potter games. She just got Meet The Robinsons and a Nancy Drew game.

SweetHolly
09-27-2007, 09:14 PM
Congrats on your 4000th post Nancy! :cheers:

Mrs Frey
09-28-2007, 07:07 AM
Thanks for posting the photos, Brooke. You and your friends look gorgeous!

This story really cracked me up! :rofl: I just love the way you responded, Soda - you GO girl! :hilarious: Congrats from me too, on your 4,000th post! Long may you go on posting!!

Brooke, the pics you posted are stunning - excuse my ignorance, but which one are you in the pic of you and your friends? You are all gorgeous, by the way. :D I wish I looked as good as that. :jealous: :wink:

I enjoyed everyone's take on Soda's "Halo 3" story - you girls are so sharp! I also haven't a clue about computer games. Halo 3? :huh: Is that something I get when I've been a good girl for 3 weeks? :wink:

09-28-2007, 11:47 AM
Brooke - I love your pics. And you all were indeed busy being fabulous (Good one Molly - wish I'd have thought of that :wink: ). Mrs. F. I believe the dark-haired lady on the left is none other than our lovely Brooke.

I also love Soda's story about Halo 3. I have a hard time keeping up with these things - at least my nieces keep me a little up-to-date on some of it, but they know I'd rather be watching the "How Long" video on Soda's MySpace page. :shock:

sodascouts
09-28-2007, 12:25 PM
Hey guys, just wanted to share that I just got back from seeing my professor and he said that he really liked what I'd written so far! It was a nice boost for my self-esteem, that's for sure. I know it doesn't sound like much but I've been discouraged about my dissertation so it really made me feel good!

Perfect Little Sister
09-28-2007, 01:30 PM
That's wonderful, Soda! :yay: :yay: :yay:

Brooke
09-28-2007, 01:46 PM
Good for you, Soda! Sounds like your hard work is going well! Keep it up, maybe you will be done soon! :thumbsup:

glenneaglesfan
09-28-2007, 04:03 PM
Good news on your professor's verdict, Soda! You need that sort of encouragement to keep going, so go for it!

Brooke, I loved reading about your visit to the Gulf of Mexico, so thought I'd show my collection of Florida shells (and a few extras). These live on my kitchen window sill. My sand dollar broke as well!

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c96/Glenneaglesfan/IMG_1676.jpg

EasyFeeling
09-28-2007, 04:04 PM
I'm really happy for you, Soda. :D

Brooke
09-28-2007, 04:12 PM
Those are beautiful, gef! Thanks for sharing that photo! :D

09-28-2007, 04:13 PM
Good for you Soda, and GEF that is a beautiful picture!

EasyFeeling
09-28-2007, 04:33 PM
Oops, I overlooked that photo. :shock: Beautiful, GEF!

sodascouts
09-28-2007, 04:34 PM
Nice photo, GEF, and collection! :)

DonFan
09-28-2007, 05:57 PM
There is nothing like an "attaboy" to give you a boost.

Congrats on the positive response from your prof, Soda!

Maleah
09-28-2007, 08:37 PM
Congrats on the good news Soda!

I have good news and bad news......depending on how you look at it. :lol: I got a new job! Pays me $2 more an hour than I'm making now, Mon-Fri with the weekends off, holidays off, benefits start the day I start, and two weeks vacation the first year! The downside, of course, is that I have to quite Wal-Mart before the cd is released! :cry: Isn't that horrible?!!!! I have my priorities straight ;) My co-workers made sure and tell me that they'll keep what ever they can of the promo materials for me :lol: I love them to death :D

09-28-2007, 08:45 PM
Congratulations Maleah - I'm so excited for you. And good job handling those co-workers! :wink:

Maleah
09-28-2007, 08:48 PM
Thanks! Yeah....I "raised" them right. ;) See....we're not supposed to take or give out any standups (if we get any)......we're only supposed to throw them away. But they told me they'll try to sneak them out for me anyway :lol:

SweetHolly
09-28-2007, 10:35 PM
That's great Nancy!

Congrats on the new job Maleah!

Beautiful photo, GEF!

EasyFeeling
09-29-2007, 04:45 AM
Congratulation on your new job, Maleah. You have some really nice co-workers. :D

Glennsallnighter
09-29-2007, 05:56 AM
Hey guys, just wanted to share that I just got back from seeing my professor and he said that he really liked what I'd written so far! It was a nice boost for my self-esteem, that's for sure. I know it doesn't sound like much but I've been discouraged about my dissertation so it really made me feel good!

Hey Soda! Thats brilliant news from your Prof. I know how hard it is to keep oneself motivated when doing a dissertation. You must be really encouraged to get the thumbs up. :thumbsup:

And Maleah, congratulations on your new job. Sounds like the perks are good too. And you have a great bunch of co-workers. :D

Molly
09-29-2007, 10:49 AM
See....we're not supposed to take or give out any standups (if we get any)......we're only supposed to throw them away. :lol:

So, what your saying is, I should stop schmoozing the employees that works in the audio department? I suppose that makes the $$$ bribe I've been planning to slip them pointless as well! :wink:

Congratulations on your new job, Maleah!

And, attagirl, Nancy! You can see that finish line!

Maleah
09-29-2007, 12:38 PM
Not necessarily ;).....it depends on how much they need the money :D

thanks guys! I'm pretty excited about it! And scared to death as well :shock:

sodascouts
09-29-2007, 01:18 PM
Movin' on up in the business world, Maleah! Congrats! Although we are sad to lose the famed "inside source at Walmart." ;)

Brooke
09-29-2007, 03:42 PM
Congrats Maleah! And good luck! :yay:

DonFan
09-29-2007, 07:19 PM
Movin' on up in the business world, Maleah! Congrats! Although we are sad to lose the famed "inside source at Walmart." ;)
:D :D
Congrats from me too, Maleah, and good luck at your new job!

SweetHolly
09-29-2007, 07:54 PM
LOL Molly! :lol:

You'll be fine at your new job Maleah. Don't be scared. Best of luck to you. :wink:

glenneaglesfan
09-30-2007, 11:44 AM
Congrats on your new job, Maleah. Just think how many Eagles concerts you'll be able to get to with a pay rise! Sorry that you'll be missing the Walmart environment next month, but kudos to your workmates for looking out stuff for you!

Soda, if I haven't already said it, great news about your dissertation!

Freypower
10-01-2007, 07:21 PM
Congratulations to Maleah & Soda.

For a limited time here is hubby with his new Honda Civic Sport. The number plate is BDH 637 which will be especially relevant in 2010 when Don turns 63!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/ozeagle/Car.jpg