PDA

View Full Version : What's happening in your life? 11/06-08/08

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Mrs Frey
01-23-2008, 02:21 AM
Well thank you, MF - all I can say is that it's about time somebody straightened DonFan out! Actually, she is a very lovely lady in spite of the fact that she's tall. :wink: :wink:

I know, I know - next to me everyone is tall, even Molly. Even though I appreciate all of your pics that you are posting, I haven't been inclined to post any of myself. I said in the past, if I ever manage to get a picture of myself with any of the Eagles that is presentable, I may make an exception.

LOL, Dreamer! Poor DF! :wink: Hey, I'm also reasonably tall!

I'm sure all pictures of you are presentable!

Mrs Frey
01-23-2008, 02:22 AM
DF, that's a lovely picture of you. Can you play that guitar?

Thanks, GEF. No, I can't--wish I could though! I play a little piano. Last year one of my New Years' Resolutions was to start playing piano again, so I bought some Eagles sheet music on ebay. One afternoon I was hard at work, practicing, and I could hear my daughters talking in the next room. It went something like this:

Daughter one: "Mom is dusting the piano again."
Daughter two: "No, she is actually playing something. Does that sound a little bit like Desperado to you?"

DF, I really enjoyed that! :lol:

Mrs Frey
01-23-2008, 02:25 AM
Just got back home from the dentist. My mouth is still numb. I have to take antibiotics because when she pulled out one tooth the maxillary sinus remained open. It could cause inflammation. So she stitched the wound. I have no idea if you understand what I mean, I don't know these medical words in English. No trouble with the other tooth. No pain so far just the bridge feels strange in my mouth. No idea if I can eat with that. :?
Tomorrow I go once more to check all again.

GA, what is ponstan? :?

EF, I'm sorry that you had to go to the dentist, and for your discomfort. You've been through so much during the last few months! Good grief! :shock: I hope you will feel better soon. :hug:

EasyFeeling
01-23-2008, 11:43 AM
Thanks all. :D
I'm feeling good, no pains. But I guess I will lose some weight the next days. :wink: I went to the dentist today and had to laugh because she looked at me amazed that I don't have a blue and green and thick face. :wink: She checked it and all is ok so far. Next week she will remove the stitches.

Brooke
01-23-2008, 02:07 PM
More good news for you, EF! Darn, I wanted to see a picture of you with that blue, green, puffy face! :wink: :lol:

EasyFeeling
01-23-2008, 02:43 PM
:shock: :lol: Maybe it takes longer and you will get the chance tomorrow. :wink:

Mrs Frey
01-24-2008, 07:40 AM
I'm glad you are feeling better, EF. :hug:

EasyFeeling
01-24-2008, 10:09 AM
Thanks MF. :D I'm sorry Brooke, still no green and blue face. :wink:

Brooke
01-24-2008, 11:11 AM
Thanks MF. :D I'm sorry Brooke, still no green and blue face. :wink:

I'm glad you are doing so well, EF! You are a lucky girl. :yay:

glenneaglesfan
01-26-2008, 11:21 AM
EF, I'm sorry you have had so many health problems, but glad that you are feeling ok now, and not green and blue. Hopefully, all the work will be completed before those German dates!

DF, that was very funny reading your daughters' comments on your piano playing!

EasyFeeling
01-26-2008, 12:30 PM
[quote="glenneaglesfan"]EF, I'm sorry you have had so many health problems, but glad that you are feeling ok now, and not green and blue. Hopefully, all the work will be completed before those German dates!quote]

I assume it will be done mid March. Hopefully there is enough money left then. :roll: Aaaah, what I'm saying.... I will go anyway. :wink:

Glennsallnighter
01-26-2008, 06:40 PM
Thats the spirit EF! You've had a rough year health wise and you deserve a treat. And you'll enjoy it and you'll remember it and you'll always be glad you went. If you didn't go you'd always regret it.

Mrs Frey
01-27-2008, 05:51 AM
Absolutely, GA! I couldn't agree with you more. Yes, EF, of course you're going to see the Eagles when they go to Germany. I know that if I didn't make the decision to see the boys in London, I would have regretted it for the rest of my life.

EasyFeeling
01-27-2008, 06:03 AM
Yes girls, I know what I would miss, I already have seen them once.
Wouldn't it be great if they come in October when my aunt comes over here? :D That would be a great compensation when I think about the Keith disaster.

Mrs Frey
01-28-2008, 04:29 AM
I hope that it will happen for you and your aunt, EF.

Glennsallnighter
01-28-2008, 06:29 PM
Congratulations Troubador!!!

:rockguitar: :rockguitar: :rockguitar: :rockguitar:

Heres to many more posts. :D :D :D

EasyFeeling
01-29-2008, 04:51 AM
Congratulations to your 1000th post, MF. :D It took not so long. :wink:

Just back from the dentist, stitches are removed. :D Wounds are healing well, maxilliary sinus (is this really the correct word? :? ) is closed.
Treatment continues as from end of March.

Mrs Frey
01-29-2008, 08:52 AM
Aww, thanks GA and EF for your "congrats"! I've enjoyed the Border so very much and look forward to continuing to do so. You are all so wonderful. :grouphug:

EF, I'm glad your wounds are healing. Here's to a healthy 2008.

Ive always been a dreamer
01-29-2008, 11:28 AM
Congrats from me as well on becoming a troubadour, MF. And EF, glad you are on the road to recovery from your dentist. Hope the rest of the year is smooth sailing for you.

Glennsallnighter
01-29-2008, 03:55 PM
Yes! EF! I'm glad things went well with your dentist and that he is pleased with your progress! Hopefully its plain sailing from here on in!

Mrs Frey
01-30-2008, 02:00 AM
Congrats from me as well on becoming a troubadour, MF.

Thank you, girlfriend! :D

sodascouts
01-30-2008, 03:27 AM
Congrats from me too MF!

And EF, glad to hear you're doing well!

Mrs Frey
01-30-2008, 05:12 AM
Thank you, my dear! :D You must be bursting at the seams with excitement at your imminent departure to Pebble Beach, but you probably have so much to organise! I hope all runs smoothly for you, PLS, Molly, Dreamer and TF!

Perfect Little Sister
01-30-2008, 04:49 PM
Well I'm hoping my computer problems are behind me now. I sure have missed being able to log in at will. Trying to share a computer with a 16 year old can be very trying. Especially when it's his computer that he purchased with his hard earned cash. Can't exactly say "get off the computer, I want to use it" when it's his. He's a good kid tho and if I told him I needed to check my email when he was at a stopping point, he'd come and get me before too long. Anyway, that's behind me, now I have to get ready for a whirlwind trip to Los Angeles this weekend before going to Pebble next week. This after I just drove to San Fransisco both Saturday and Sunday for my daughter's cheerleading competition. I'm making myself tired just thinking about all this.lol I hope everyone is doing well.

Maleah
01-30-2008, 05:11 PM
speaking of computer problems........I broke the s off of my laptop so now I have to copy and paste an s whenever I need it :?

Perfect Little Sister
01-30-2008, 06:13 PM
Oh man!! I hate that. We have a back-up computer out in the garage (where it's too cold to use it these days) that has the left shift key missing. I'll be typing away and come to a screeching halt when I can't capitalize the right hand side of the keyboard.lol

Glennsallnighter
01-31-2008, 08:02 AM
I guess I should count myself lucky that my internet is just frustratingly slow this morning then

PLS Hope your daughter gets on great in her cheerleading competition this weekend.

My daughter is in an Irish dancing competition (called a FEIS pronounced FESH) on Sunday!

glenneaglesfan
01-31-2008, 12:26 PM
Good luck to both of your daughters, PLS and GA. PLS, don't wear yourself out before next week!

Maleah, I sympathise with your keyboard problems - I have a sticky 'u' which something leads to unfortunate misprints!

MF, congratulations on your Border Troubadour status. Long may you continue posting!! :cheers:

EasyFeeling
01-31-2008, 01:57 PM
All these computer problems :roll: I always have to press the "h" several times and it makes me crazy. :evil:

Glennsallnighter
01-31-2008, 04:46 PM
Good luck to both of your daughters, PLS and GA.

Thanks GEF! She did very well last year but this year is in an older age category so it depends..... But she'll have fun and she loves the dancing and thats the main thing!

DonFan
01-31-2008, 05:28 PM
EF, I'm glad you're doing well now!
Maleah, I'm afraid I couldn't type without a "s" ! :? I think I'd have to buy a new keyboard.

I also want to wish good luck to your daughters, PLS & GA.

I had good news to report about my daughter--she made the Dean's List her first semester at college! We just received the official letter. :thumbsup:

AND, I want to wish all our Pebble Beach travelers a safe trip full of exciting adventures!

Mrs Frey
02-01-2008, 08:47 AM
PLS, Maleah, EF and GEF: I'm sorry to read about your computer problems! The sticky keys must be a particular pain in the butt.

PLS, take it easy, now. We don't want you tired by the time you get to Pebble Beach. You need to be fresh and alert in the presence of Mr Frey. :wink: You know, with our lists of requests and all... :wink: :wink: I hope your daughter's cheerleading competition went well.

GA, good luck to Timtot for her Irish dancing competition! I'm sure she'll do very well.

GEF, thank you for your good wishes, girlfriend! I hope I'll be on the Border for a long time to come.

DF, congratulations to your daughter! :applause:

Allow me to add my wishes to the Pebble Beach travellers for a safe and enjoyable trip.

Brooke
02-01-2008, 11:14 AM
Yes, DF, congrats to your daughter! Sounds like a very smart young lady. Takes after her Mom I bet! :wink:

I also hope all you Pebble Beach Babies have a safe and Frey-filled holiday! Good luck and give Glenn a kiss for me. Or at least a hug! :D

glenneaglesfan
02-01-2008, 11:42 AM
DF, congratulations to your daughter! You must be very proud.

Let me also add my wishes to all you Pebble Beachers for a safe and successful trip!

Molly
02-01-2008, 08:26 PM
Good luck and give Glenn a kiss for me. Or at least a hug! :D

That that statement is even in the realm of possibility totally blows my mind! OK, I am now officially nervous!

Dana, congratulations to your daughter -that took a lot of hard work on her part -good for her!!

Peter didn't accomplish making the Dean's list this past semester. Now that he's settled in to college mode as a sophomore, I fear his social time has taken priority over his study time.

He's promised to work harder this semester. I've promised to kick his butt if he doesn't. :wink:

Glennsallnighter
02-02-2008, 11:58 AM

That that statement is even in the realm of possibility totally blows my mind! OK, I am now officially nervous!

It COULD be in the realm of possibility! If so give him this :kiss: :hug: from me too please .

02-02-2008, 12:22 PM
It could be in the realm of possibility, but I'm keeping my expectations low so that I'm not disappointed. However, maybe we'll get very lucky. We can cross our fingers for a :hug: and :xoxo:. Holy crap, now I'm officially nervous too, Molly. :wink: :wink:

Glennsallnighter
02-03-2008, 05:46 AM
I'm sure you won't be disappointed Dreamer! But I know how you feel! :nervous: :dizzy: :pace: I'd feel the same!

Glennsallnighter
02-03-2008, 06:12 PM
Well Timtot did us proud! She was dancing in a stiffer category than last year and managed to carry away 2 medals for 3rd place. One individual, and one with a partner for a 2 hand reel which they had been practicing for ages. She was thrilled going home in the car.
But the real fun began a few hours later when her teacher phoned to say they had been let go early by accident (her fault) before all the awards had been presented. She has also been awarded a 1st place in her individual slip jig section and was part of a group of 4 set dancers also awarded 1st place!

Mrs Frey
02-04-2008, 07:05 AM

It COULD be in the realm of possibility! If so give him this :kiss: :hug: from me too please .

And a :hug: and a :xoxo: from me three. :wink:

Molly and Dreamer, I hope your dreams come true!

Mrs Frey
02-04-2008, 07:06 AM
Well Timtot did us proud! She was dancing in a stiffer category than last year and managed to carry away 2 medals for 3rd place. One individual, and one with a partner for a 2 hand reel which they had been practicing for ages. She was thrilled going home in the car.
But the real fun began a few hours later when her teacher phoned to say they had been let go early by accident (her fault) before all the awards had been presented. She has also been awarded a 1st place in her individual slip jig section and was part of a group of 4 set dancers also awarded 1st place!

That is wonderful, GA! Congratulations to Timtot. What a wonderful achievement for a 6-year-old! Timmy would be very proud of her! :D

Molly
02-04-2008, 08:02 AM
Awwww, congratulations to Timtot! Think of how many awards she will have on display by the time she's grown up if she's getting this many already! It's so much fun to see your kids do well, isn't it?

02-04-2008, 10:20 AM
GA, congrats to timtot from me, too. I know Mommy and Daddy must be very proud of her, as well as a certain long-haired bass player. :wink:

Brooke
02-04-2008, 11:30 AM
Congrats to timtot from me too! Way to go girlfriend! :yay:

DonFan
02-04-2008, 12:03 PM
GA, congrats to timtot--and you! That is wonderful.

EasyFeeling
02-04-2008, 01:14 PM
Congratulation to Timtot, GA. :D You must be very proud, GA.

Today my mom told me my cousin Johnny from the USA will come to Germany in April. :D You can imagine that the fact he's on his way to Iraq doesn't make me happy. He will make a stop for a few weeks in Germany for any military training so my mom and brother decided to go and meet him there. It's been a long time since I saw him, almost 25 years. :shock:

Brooke
02-04-2008, 02:48 PM
Aww, EF. I'm sorry your cousin is going to Iraq. There are several young men from my area over there, but no family.

25 years? I bet he looks different! :woah:

glenneaglesfan
02-04-2008, 07:03 PM
EF, we'll just send our best for your cousin. Hopefully it is coming to an end soon.

GA, what an achievement for Timtot (and you, for being the parent behind her and ferrying her to classes etc!) Is this the sort of Irish dancing most of us only know from 'Riverdance'?

EasyFeeling
02-05-2008, 04:55 AM
Aww, EF. I'm sorry your cousin is going to Iraq. There are several young men from my area over there, but no family.

25 years? I bet he looks different! :woah:

Yes, I bet. :) I have no idea how he looks. I only saw my other two cousins a few times but not him. And you won't believe it but he volunteered to go. :roll:

Glennsallnighter
02-05-2008, 05:43 AM
Well I hope he stays safe over there., EF! Its not an easy posting.

Glennsallnighter
02-05-2008, 05:51 AM
Thanks to you all for the lovely compliments on Timtots dancing achievements. Its not quite Riverdance! (Come back in 15 years) but she enjoys it and its great exercise as well.

GEF I can't take credit for ferrying her around to the dancing. Its run by the school as an extra currricular so far from making me busy it actually gives me an extra hour on a Tuesday to chat and surf on message boards :D

Mrs Frey
02-05-2008, 06:32 AM
EF, I'm glad for you that you will be meeting your cousin for the first time, but at the same time I'm sorry that he's going to Iraq. :( I wish him all the best.

Mrs Frey
02-05-2008, 06:34 AM
Thanks to you all for the lovely compliments on Timtots dancing achievements. Its not quite Riverdance! (Come back in 15 years) but she enjoys it and its great exercise as well.

GEF I can't take credit for ferrying her around to the dancing. Its run by the school as an extra currricular so far from making me busy it actually gives me an extra hour on a Tuesday to chat and surf on message boards :D

GA, you are shameless, girlfriend! :wink: :lol:

EasyFeeling
02-05-2008, 08:25 AM
Thank you for your good wishes for him, GA and MF. :D I hope he will return still alive.

Glennsallnighter
02-05-2008, 06:03 PM

GA, you are shameless, girlfriend! :wink: :lol:

I know MF! But you love it! :D And what better thing to do than give that extra hour to Glenn :heart:

rcknalwys
02-07-2008, 10:08 PM
I haven't been on much lately so rather than single every one's accomplishment out, let me just give you all a big :yay: :yay: :yay:

EF, my son was in Iraq for a year so I know some of the fear you and your family are experiencing. While it wasn't easy on any of us at home, he made it back safely. I'll be thinking of you and yours and praying for your cousin's safe return.

Glennsallnighter
02-08-2008, 06:20 AM
Thanks RKA! I missed you. I'm glad your son made it home safely.

EasyFeeling
02-08-2008, 06:31 AM
Thanks Becky. :D I'm glad to hear your son returned safely. I do really not understand why he volunteered for that. But as my aunt said he always was a bit different than her other sons. :shrug:

Glennsallnighter
02-09-2008, 05:15 AM
Well as you can see from my side panel, Glennsallnighter was officially invented this day last year and so I'm a year 'On the Border' today. Its been a great year and thanks to so many of you who have shared your interest in and love of the Eagles with me, listened to my boring anecdotes and supported me when the going got a bit tough at times. And of course shared with me my love for one of the most fabulous men, musicians and Golfers :wink: on this planet!

Glenn :heart: Frey : I love you! :iloveyou: . Here's to many more years on the Border for all of us. :cheers:

glenneaglesfan
02-09-2008, 11:48 AM
Congratulations on your Anniversary, GA! It's been a great pleasure to chat with you and share the Eagle and Glenn love! What a year, and the excitement is just beginning! :D :D

I think we should all drink a toast to you - a Screwdriver perhaps? :wink:

:cheers:

Brooke
02-09-2008, 12:08 PM
I'll have one! :cheers:

Congratulations from me, too, GA! A year already! How time flies when you're having fun! :wink: :D

Glennsallnighter
02-09-2008, 05:54 PM
Indeed it does Brooke! I can't believe it myself. And GEF it'll be screwdrivers all round in London. Thanks for the good wishes.

Anyone know what Tim's favourite Non alcoholic drink is? :headscratch: - can't leave Timtot out :wink:

EasyFeeling
02-10-2008, 09:03 AM
Congratulations GA! :D It's great to have you here. :D

Glennsallnighter
02-10-2008, 05:44 PM
Thanks EF! Its great to be here!

Mrs Frey
02-11-2008, 04:42 AM
Well as you can see from my side panel, Glennsallnighter was officially invented this day last year and so I'm a year 'On the Border' today. Its been a great year and thanks to so many of you who have shared your interest in and love of the Eagles with me, listened to my boring anecdotes and supported me when the going got a bit tough at times. And of course shared with me my love for one of the most fabulous men, musicians and Golfers :wink: on this planet!

Glenn :heart: Frey : I love you! :iloveyou: . Here's to many more years on the Border for all of us. :cheers:

Well, I've already congratulated you, my girl, but here are my official wishes. :hug: :yay: It's amazing how I fell in love with Glenn :heart: only two days after you joined The Border, and then I discovered The Border a day later! I'm sorry I only gathered the nerve to join more than a month later!

It's been wonderful being your friend, and as GEF says, the excitement is just beginning! Here's to the Eagles in London 2008! :cheers: :D :D :D :D (a happy face for each of us going on 20 March!!!!)

Glennsallnighter
02-11-2008, 05:21 AM
Thanks for your good wishes MF and congrats to you too as I said on FF earlier.

On the subject of Anniversaries, we have a big one! My parents are 50 years married today. It is a tribute to them (and the others like them) that they have managed to survive challenges adversity and disappointments as well as great joys and happiness together. They have also been very lucky in having enjoyed good health for much of their marriage. I am very proud of them reaching this milestone in their lives and hope they have many more.

:cheers:
To what do I attribute their success??

My mother never lost her sense of purpose and total dedication to her family and my dad never lost his sense of humour!

EasyFeeling
02-11-2008, 05:25 AM
50 years, unbelievable! :shock: Congratulations to your parents, GA! :D

Glennsallnighter
02-11-2008, 05:38 AM
Thanks EF!

Mrs Frey
02-11-2008, 07:17 AM
Congratulations to your parents from me, too, GA. :yay: :cheers: I think it's fantastic that they've been together so long.

It's easy to see that your mother never lost her sense of purpose and total dedication to her family, in your own words. Both your parents must be wonderful people to have raised a wonderful daughter like you.

DonFan
02-11-2008, 10:02 AM
Congrats to your parents, GA! Fifty years is an incredible milestone.

Brooke
02-11-2008, 11:24 AM
Congratulations to your parents from me, too, Ga! That is incredible! :yay:

02-11-2008, 02:36 PM
EF - I will be crossing my fingers for your cousin's safe return from Iraq.

GA - Sorry for being late on this, but congrats on your one year Border anniversary. We are glad you found us. And congrats to your parents on their 50 years of marital bliss. :wink:

Molly
02-11-2008, 04:17 PM
Congrats on your 1 year anniversary GA! And congrats also to your folks. Wow! 50 years-twice what I've been married-I can't even imagine being married 50 years! What a lovely accomplishment.

Safe tour and return to your cousin, EF. My sons have friends who are currently serving and we think about them all the time. I can understand your family's apprehension, but the desire to serve can be a strong one. Be proud of him even if you don't quite understand it.

My son has been considering joining the US Marine Corp. for a few months now. He's a bit on the fence. While I certainly haven't encouraged him, I've tried hard not to discourage him (even though I want to). Whatever he chooses to do, I want him to know I'll be behind him 200%.

glenneaglesfan
02-11-2008, 06:17 PM
It's tough when our kids want to join the armed forces. 30 years ago it seemed like a good deal over here. Hubby joined the Royal Navy to get a bursary for university, then the Falklands War came up. He missed that, but had to go on a patrol down there for five months just four weeks after we were married. We've been watching a TV programme about an actor called Ross Kemp (used to be in Eastenders) who is out in Afghanistan with British troops. Since the start of the series three of the young soldiers that started out with him have been killed. I feel for all of you who have friends or relatives in Iraq and Afghanistan, and pray for their safe return.

MF and GA congratulations on your anniverseries - I hadn't realised they were so close together!

GA, congratulations too to your parents - 50 years is impressive indeed. I hope you have some fun celebrating such a special occasion.

Mrs Frey
02-12-2008, 02:39 AM
Thanks for your good wishes, GEF! :D

Glennsallnighter
02-12-2008, 06:00 PM
Congratulations to your parents from me, too, GA. :yay: :cheers: I think it's fantastic that they've been together so long.

It's easy to see that your mother never lost her sense of purpose and total dedication to her family, in your own words. Both your parents must be wonderful people to have raised a wonderful daughter like you.

Thanks for the compliment MF, but I don't think I'm that wonderful at all!

Glennsallnighter
02-12-2008, 06:09 PM
It's tough when our kids want to join the armed forces. 30 years ago it seemed like a good deal over here. Hubby joined the Royal Navy to get a bursary for university, then the Falklands War came up. He missed that, but had to go on a patrol down there for five months just four weeks after we were married. We've been watching a TV programme about an actor called Ross Kemp (used to be in Eastenders) who is out in Afghanistan with British troops. Since the start of the series three of the young soldiers that started out with him have been killed. I feel for all of you who have friends or relatives in Iraq and Afghanistan, and pray for their safe return.

MF and GA congratulations on your anniverseries - I hadn't realised they were so close together!

GA, congratulations to to your parents - 50 years is impressive indeed. I hope you have some fun celebrating such a special occasion.

I remember Ross Kemp in Eastenders! Grant! I sincerely hope and pray that the relatives of any of you living or serving in danger zones remain safe. Irish soldiers have not been involved directly in any foreign wars but do go to war zones as peace keepers.

Thanks for your congrats to MF and myself GEF. Quite a momentous weekend last year wasn't it! :wink:

Thanks for the good wishes for my parents as well. We have been having a few celebrations over the current week or so. It is a great achievement. I hope I'm as lucky!

Glennsallnighter
02-12-2008, 06:13 PM
Congrats on your 1 year anniversary GA! And congrats also to your folks. Wow! 50 years-twice what I've been married-I can't even imagine being married 50 years! What a lovely accomplishment.

Safe tour and return to your cousin, EF. My sons have friends who are currently serving and we think about them all the time. I can understand your family's apprehension, but the desire to serve can be a strong one. Be proud of him even if you don't quite understand it.

My son has been considering joining the US Marine Corp. for a few months now. He's a bit on the fence. While I certainly haven't encouraged him, I've tried hard not to discourage him (even though I want to). Whatever he chooses to do, I want him to know I'll be behind him 200%.

Thanks Molly! I saw your Silver Wedding pic you posted up a few months ago. And let me tell you I remember my parents being at the same stage 25 years ago!! I hope your son makes the right decision for himself and that you are happy with it as well!

Glennsallnighter
02-12-2008, 06:17 PM

GA - Sorry for being late on this, but congrats on your one year Border anniversary. We are glad you found us. And congrats to your parents on their 50 years of marital bliss. :wink:

Thanks Dreamer! And don't worry about it being belated. I understand how you were 'unavoidably detained' :wink: over the last few days. In your situation I would have been 'unavoidably detained' :D :wink: as well

Glennsallnighter
02-12-2008, 06:19 PM
Thanks from you other ladies as well, Brooke, EF and DF. My parents appreciate all your sood wishes.

This is the obligatory 'Family pic'. I lay claim to the kids :roll:

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t236/Irisheaglesfan/DSC00862.jpg

sodascouts
02-12-2008, 11:02 PM
I'm afraid I don't have time to reply to everything, but I do want to add my prayers to those for your cousin, EF. Hopefully he will come home unharmed.

And GA - happy anniversary!

Glennsallnighter
02-13-2008, 04:13 AM
Thanks Soda :wink: . Dont worry about not responding! We know you were busy :wink:

Mrs Frey
02-13-2008, 04:32 AM

I beg to differ, GA. :wink: :hug:

EasyFeeling
02-13-2008, 10:35 AM

Thanks Dreamer. :) I was just looking for a post you've made about your job. I can't find it anymore. But it wasn't good news, right? :?

Maleah
02-13-2008, 10:35 AM
Awww....you are such a sweetheart Mrs. F!!!! And I agree.....GA is pretty wonderful ;) Happy anniversary!

Glennsallnighter
02-13-2008, 12:29 PM

You are so sweet MF. Heres a :hug: back!

EasyFeeling
02-13-2008, 01:40 PM
GA, guess what... Desperate Housewives continues today. :D :D Can't wait watching it!

Glennsallnighter
02-13-2008, 07:02 PM
Does the new series start tonight for you? You'll enjoy it! We are about 4 episodes in!

02-13-2008, 08:22 PM
Thanks Dreamer. :) I was just looking for a post you've made about your job. I can't find it anymore. But it wasn't good news, right? :?

Yeah EF - I will be needing to look for a new job soon. It's not really bad news though because I knew this job would be ending. Actually, when I accepted this job, it was supposed to be only a one year assignment. I have been on the job for almost 1 1/2 years. I'm not quite sure when the job will actually end. It could be as early as the end of this month. If it doesn't end this month, there may be additional work that could last into May or June. I'm not too concerned because I've been preparing for this. My only concern is that I really do like this job, so I hope I'll like my next one just as much.

Glennsallnighter
02-13-2008, 09:05 PM
I think you should look for something experience based Dreamer.....such as showing people round Golf courses and getting them the best vantage points for meeting celebrities!

Mrs Frey
02-14-2008, 02:27 AM
Awww....you are such a sweetheart Mrs. F!!!! And I agree.....GA is pretty wonderful ;) Happy anniversary!

You too are a sweetheart, Maleah! Thanks! :hug:

Mrs Frey
02-14-2008, 02:28 AM

You are so sweet MF. Heres a :hug: back!

Thanks, my girl. The picture you posted of you and your family is absolutely beautiful. You look stunning and you have a lovely family. The love between you all is obvious. Thanks for sharing that with us. :D

Mrs Frey
02-14-2008, 02:30 AM

Yeah EF - I will be needing to look for a new job soon. It's not really bad news though because I knew this job would be ending. Actually, when I accepted this job, it was supposed to be only a one year assignment. I have been on the job for almost 1 1/2 years. I'm not quite sure when the job will actually end. It could be as early as the end of this month. If it doesn't end this month, there may be additional work that could last into May or June. I'm not too concerned because I've been preparing for this. My only concern is that I really do like this job, so I hope I'll like my next one just as much.

I hope everything works out well for you, Dreamer. You've just had such a wonderful time at Pebble Beach, and I hope that life continues to treat you so well. You deserve it.

Mrs Frey
02-14-2008, 02:31 AM
I think you should look for something experience based Dreamer.....such as showing people round Golf courses and getting them the best vantage points for meeting celebrities!

LOL, GA! Very clever! :wink:

EasyFeeling
02-14-2008, 06:41 AM
Dreamer, good luck on finding a new job. I hope you'll find a job you like. :thumbsup:

Happy Valentine's to everyone! :D

glenneaglesfan
02-14-2008, 06:57 AM
Happy Valentine's Day! No card for me!

Good luck with job-hunting, dreamer. It's good to be working on something that you really enjoy.

GA, that family picture is lovely. Your parents look very well.

EasyFeeling
02-14-2008, 07:32 AM
After reading GEF's post about a picture I had to go back looking what she's talking about... I missed your picture for some reason. The last time I logged in here I haven't seen it. But I've read your post, that's strange. :? Anyway, very lovely picture, thanks for sharing. :D

Mrs Frey
02-14-2008, 10:26 AM
EF, you didn't miss GA's picture the first time you read her post. She edited her post to include it. :D

EasyFeeling
02-14-2008, 10:33 AM
Ok, and I thought I'm blind. :wink: I haven't seen that she has edited her post. Thanks for telling me. :wink:

Brooke
02-14-2008, 11:14 AM
Ok, that explains it. :? I thought I had read her post, too!

Lovely family picture, Ga! Thanks for sharing it with us! :D

And sorry to hear about your job, dreamer. Hopefully, something that you like as well will turn up.

Glennsallnighter
02-14-2008, 01:04 PM
Thanks for your compliments on my parents girls. And yes! I edited my post because I felt the pic was more appropriate there than on a new post. Sorry if I confused anyone!

02-14-2008, 01:08 PM
GA - that is a lovely picture of your family. I missed it the first time around too.

Thanks for all of your well wishes regarding my job search. I'm not too worried. It's the nature of the business when you do consulting work. I'm not crazy about job hunting, but I'm kind of getting use to it. However, I won't accept a contract job under one year because I'm just not in to looking for a new job every three to six months. I'm leaving on 2/24 for a week long Caribbean cruise, and then I'll start focusing on my job search when I get back in March. :)

And OBTW - :heart: HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY :heart: from me too, everyone.

Brooke
02-14-2008, 05:38 PM
:heart: HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY EVERYONE! :heart:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y63/desperado74/Extras/thhearts.gif

Glennsallnighter
02-14-2008, 06:54 PM
Same to you Brooke!

:heart:

sodascouts
02-14-2008, 09:41 PM
Same to you!

EasyFeeling
02-15-2008, 05:08 AM
Wow Dreamer, a Caribbean cruise, sounds really good. :) Is it one of these kind of cruises where you need to be dressed elegant or more of dress down?

Mrs Frey
02-15-2008, 06:15 AM
GA - that is a lovely picture of your family. I missed it the first time around too.

Thanks for all of your well wishes regarding my job search. I'm not too worried. It's the nature of the business when you do consulting work. I'm not crazy about job hunting, but I'm kind of getting use to it. However, I won't accept a contract job under one year because I'm just not in to looking for a new job every three to six months. I'm leaving on 2/24 for a week long Caribbean cruise, and then I'll start focusing on my job search when I get back in March. :)

And OBTW - :heart: HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY :heart: from me too, everyone.

Dreamer, I hope that your job hunting goes well for you. I know the drudgery involved in looking for work. :roll: Have a fantastic Caribbean cruise - that sounds absolutely idyllic. :D

Mrs Frey
02-15-2008, 06:17 AM
:heart: HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY EVERYONE! :heart:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y63/desperado74/Extras/thhearts.gif

I wished everyone in Frey Fever, but I'll just do it again here: HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY EVERYBODY!!! :D :D :D

Glennsallnighter
02-15-2008, 06:20 AM
Same to you MF! Hope yours went well :wink: . Wow! 1200 posts! You're catching up on me girlfriend!

Mrs Frey
02-15-2008, 06:27 AM
Thanks, my dear. I've certainly enjoyed posting! :D

02-15-2008, 11:47 AM
Well – my job roller coaster continues – everyday brings more news it seems. Yesterday I was told that the job definitely wouldn’t be ending this month. Now, there are several scenarios on the table making it impossible to figure out when it will end. Depending on what happens, the job could end around April – May, July – August, or even as late as October. Hopefully, we will get a better idea within the next few weeks.

As far as my cruise, I am excited about it. As much as I’ve traveled, this is actually my first cruise. It is an eight day cruise. We leave on 2/24 out of San Juan, Puerto Rico and will go to Aruba, Curacao, St. Maarten, and St. Thomas. I’ve been to the Bahamas a few times, but never to the Caribbean. I would have liked to have had a little more time between my trip to Pebble Beach, but, unfortunately, the cruise line didn’t coordinate their schedule with mine. :wink: :wink:

glenneaglesfan
02-15-2008, 12:32 PM
Wow, a Caribbean cruise sounds fabulous, particularly this time of year. I had a week in Antigua when three of us girls went out to meet our Royal Navy husbands on their way back from the Falklands. We tried smuggling them into our 'single' rooms at night, but I think the staff suspected something was up when there were extra heads at breakfast! :twisted: :D One of the couples are still our closest friends, 23 years later. It was a beautiful place. You will have a wonderful time, and hopefully will get away from the uncertainty about your job.

I've just had a phone call from my sister with the good news that her partner has come through open heart surgery yesterday. He has had an aortic valve replacement. Apparently, they were so pleased with how it went that they allowed him to come round from the anaesthetic much more quickly than normal, and today he had had breakfast and lunch! He has always kept himself fit by cycling, but a few years ago he had surgery for a form of cancer in his abdomen, followed by chemo, so he's a fighter.

My other news is that my younger son Mark has had offers from two of his first three choices of university, Cardiff and Swansea, to read English. Swansea has also said that his predicted A level grades make him a candidate for a bursary. We are going to a couple of open days next month. He is planning to have a gap year to earn some money and travel, so this would be for 2009.

Perfect Little Sister
02-15-2008, 01:18 PM
Kudos on your son GEF! Momma raised him right! :wink: I'm also thrilled to hear your sister's SO is doing so well.

Brooke
02-15-2008, 02:23 PM
Dreamer, your cruise sounds fabulous! I've never been on one and am a bit afraid I might get sick, but many people have told me how great they are.

gef, wonderful news from your sister. I hope her SO gets along very well. Sounds like he is a fighter. Good luck to him.

And also congrats to your son! Good job! :yay:

sodascouts
02-15-2008, 02:56 PM
GEF - how cool for your son! And I'm glad to hear about your sister's SO as well.

Have fun on that cruise, Dreamer!

Glennsallnighter
02-15-2008, 05:35 PM
Well done to Mark GEF. I hope he gets his 'best' offer and the idea of a bursary certainly sounds good. I'm glad your sister's partner is doing so well also. Its great to hear good news of people.

tbs fanatic
02-15-2008, 05:42 PM
Dreamer - I have never been on a cruise either. It will be interesting to hear what you thought of it.

GEF - glad to hear your sister's partner came through all that with flying colors.

EasyFeeling
02-16-2008, 12:35 PM
Dreamer, the cruise sounds wonderful. I have never been to the Caribbean so I hope I can do it some day. I really need to save some money for that but there is always something else for what I have to spend my money. :?

GEF, wonderful news about your son and your sister's SO :D I must say I had to look in the dic what SO means but now I know it. :wink:

Speaking about jobs... :? ... yesterday my boss told me I have to leave our office department. :( Since they will bring out a new project which save one position on our office they offered me another job. The co-worker is pregnant and will take her break for 1 year and now I'm supposed to replace her. I work in our office for 10 years now and I'm really sad to leave. But what can I do? :shrug: And what happens after that year? I think she wants to work part-time then and that's not possible, at least not in that particular position. She has no contractual claim on her job, just a comparable job.
I have to move to another office building which is far away from our main building with canteen etc. I have to drive 10 minutes to get there so I doubt I can spend my lunch time with my ex co-workers in future. I will miss them so much. It's like leaving good friends.
I don't know any people there it's like starting a new job in another company. I'm totally upset in the moment. :cry:

Glennsallnighter
02-16-2008, 01:48 PM
Thats awful EF! And after so long! And I know how loyal you are to your company and your boss.

I know what I'd do!

I'd take that day off in March, go to the gig and keep my worries for another time.

sodascouts
02-16-2008, 02:15 PM
Oh, I'm sorry to hear that EF! Starting a job with new people is like the adult version of starting a new school - difficult and lonely. But usually, after a while, you make new friends.

Let's hope that it's not just for one year, though, and it can turn into something long-term.

DonFan
02-16-2008, 03:06 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your job situation, EF! Maybe it will turn out for the best--you just never know.

I completely sympathize with your job woes. After over ten years as a freelance writer, I have been seriously job hunting for a full-time writing position for almost two years now, and I haven't had any luck at all. What our family really needs is for me to find a staff position that offers health benefits, and that is the very thing that large companies are trying not to offer. All my editors love my work but say there are no staff writing positions available and they just want to keep using me on a contract, individual assignment basis. Job hunting at any age is very frustrating situation, but even more so at my age, when you find yourself vying for the very same positions as fresh-faced twenty-somethings straight out of journalism school. I have the experience, but that doesn't seem to help much in this situation.

02-16-2008, 06:04 PM
EF - I wish you the best of luck (and DF, too). I'm so sorry to hear about your job. However, please take it from me, you will adjust. I know what a scary and helpless feeling this can be, but I have learned to have a different mindset about this kind of thing since I started doing consultant type work. Actually, I even learned before that because I worked for a large bank for 21 years. For the last 8 years that I was there, I was assigned to "project" work. That meant that as soon as the project I worked on was finished, so was I. Each time I would have to find a new position in the bank. Finally, I mustered up enough courage and decided to leave. I learned a valuable lesson after that - there WAS life after the bank! I changed career paths and worked for company for 6 years. Then, I tired of that job, and decided to turn in my resignation. That's when I got my current job. When I accepted it, I knew it wasn't permanent, and that's actually one of the things that I enjoy about it. While I don't actually enjoy the job-hunting process, I have learned to get much more comfortable with it. I would have never felt like this if I hadn't taken that first step and left the bank 8 years ago.

As far as my closest friends from the bank and my other job, I am still in contact with them. We all get together on the third Tuesday of the month for a girl's night out. We take turns entertaining at each other's houses. Our February night out is this coming up this Tuesday. I look forward to this night every month.

Brooke
02-16-2008, 06:38 PM
Darn, I'm so sorry to hear about your job, EF. And DF, too. Hopefully it will all work out for you.

EasyFeeling
02-17-2008, 08:36 AM
You're right DF. What employers want is to have people who are 20 years old but with 30 years work experience. :roll: Very frustrating...

Thanks for your encouraged words. I will try to make the best of the situation. Seems I have no alternative but to accept it. Next week I have a meeting with my boss and the personnel manager to discuss it. After that a meeting with the "new" boss who has to accept it too.

glenneaglesfan
02-17-2008, 05:30 PM
EF, I'm so sorry to hear about your job change, especially the prospect of losing contact with your friends at lunchtime. I'm under the threat of losing my office in our new building. At the moment I'm sharing with two girls with whom I get on very well. The Powers That Be keep threatening to move all of us.

DF and dreamer, I wish you both the best of luck finding some employment that will suit you.

Mrs Frey
02-18-2008, 06:35 AM
Oh my goodness - so much uncertainty, frustration and heartache for some of you! :(

Dreamer, I'm glad that your job could possibly last longer than originally planned, but I hope that you will have some certainty about the situation soon. Not knowing and not being able to plan ahead must be very frustrating for you. Nevertheless, I'm sure you're looking forward to your Caribbean cruise, and I hope you will be well rested thereafter, and be able to cope with whatever life throws at you.

GEF, I'm very happy for you that your sister's partner's surgery went well, and that your son has so many prospects ahead of him. Good luck to both of them. I'm sorry that you are experiencing so much uncertainty at work - it's frustrating when you constantly have a negative situation hanging over your head. I hope you don't lose your office.

EF, I'm very sorry about your work situation. You must feel apprehensive and quite lost right now. I understand how you feel about losing contact with your friends, but I'm certain you will make new friends at your new place of work. Try and stay in contact with your current colleagues, and socialise with them after hours, if you can.

DF, I can just imagine your frustration at your current job situation. In my book, there is no substitute for experience, and you deserve so much better than you are getting from the job market. And here I thought this situation existed only in South Africa! How wrong I was! :evil: I wish you all the best. May an intelligent editor see your talent and employ you with benefits.

Glennsallnighter
02-18-2008, 06:40 AM
EF, DF and GEF, I really sympathise with you all over your work situations. I hope things turn out well for all of you. :pray:

DonFan
02-18-2008, 10:16 AM
Thanks for your support, everyone.

I left a corporate job with great benefits 14 years ago to write from home with our daughters, then ages 2 and 4 1/2, and I have never regretted that decision one minute. I have been given some wonderful writing assignments and have been able to take my family with me many times as well. And, it was a freelance writing job that took me to Texas several years ago, where I was able to attend a lecture by Don at his alma mater, Univ of North Texas, and meet him afterwards. Yay! :nod: (And, unlike Don's expensive concert M&Gs where you have to pay $250 for the privilege, my ticket to the lecture only cost $10! :shock: Of course, it was priceless to me!)

Now that the girls are practically grown, and one is gone to college, I did think it would be easier to break back into the corporate world, however. My timing is lousy--I didn't count on an economy heading toward recession, so much corporate downsizing and that fact that companies no longer want to pay insurance benefits--the main thing I need.

I remain hopeful though. I'm still writing, and the right full-time job will come my way--I just know it--I just haven't found it yet!

Glennsallnighter
02-18-2008, 05:56 PM
Hopefully your optimism will bear fruit soon. DF! I'm sure it will. :D

Molly
02-18-2008, 06:57 PM
Hang in there Dana, that amazing opportunity if out there for you -you'll find it!

EF -good luck starting your new position. Who knows, maybe you'll be working with some people who will end up being good friends in the end! You just don't know it yet.

Congrats to Mark, GEF! What an exciting time for him. Does this mean you'll be an "empty nester" soon? Good to hear about your sister's partner. He sounds like a tough one!

dreamer -buy me something nice on your cruise. :wink:

I've been peeking in for the past few days, but I've been too brain dead to post much. I really paid for being gone from work for a week. I feel like I've been living in my office at work. I hung a few special pix up on my desk so I could try to remember what the sunshine and fun felt like at PB.

Hubby's been sooooo attentive and sweet since I've been home. I have to go away more often. I had never left him home alone for a week ever. He travels a lot for his job so it's not unusual for him to be gone for long periods of time -but me -nope.

He claims he doesn't know how to run our washer and dryer and needed assistance from our boys in order to not run out of socks and underwear. This is a college educated engineer, mind you!

He gave me a beautiful saphire necklace for Valentine's Day and a card that he signed "My best, Steve" ! Wonder where he got that idea from!

It's good to have him to lean on . The past few days my mom hasn't been feeling well. This morning required a trip to the emergency room. One doctor thinks she had a seizure during the night, another thinks she may have had a stroke. She seems to be doing a little better, and my brothers and sisters and I decided to allow her to return to her nursing home setting. Because of her general ill health, it was decided a while ago, to not do anything "heroic" for her.

My head knows this is the right decision -but it's still tough. I have a really positive feeling about her, though, and I believe she will rally back and be fine.

DonFan
02-18-2008, 07:37 PM
Oh, Molly, I know just how you feel, worrying about your mother. My mother has had several health scares in recent years, and it is a very difficult situation. I will keep your mother, and YOU, in my prayers. Keep us posted.

Glennsallnighter
02-18-2008, 08:17 PM
Molly, I hope your mom will make a full recovery and that she doesn't give you any more such scares. I'll keep her in my prayers.
At least you have some of those gorgeous pics and all of the memories from Pebble Beach to sustain you.

sodascouts
02-18-2008, 09:15 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about your mother's health problems. Your family has been going through such rough times. I hope things get better.

Mrs Frey
02-19-2008, 10:11 AM
DF, once again good luck with your job hunting. I hope it goes well for you, despite the obstacles in your path. I'm so happy for you that you had such a special few moments with your hero, Don. I can just imagine how fondly you look back on that.

Molly, I'm very sorry that your mom is not well, and I hope that she will recover soon. I know how you feel. I'm glad that your hubby is so attentive - it's particularly important considering what you're going through with your mom.

glenneaglesfan
02-19-2008, 10:27 AM
DF, although your decision to leave the corporate job must have been hard, how much better for you to have been at home with your daughters, even if you've had to struggle with medical insurance. And the opportunity to attend a lecture by Don must have been wonderful! No wonder you have been smitten!

Molly, I'm sorry to hear about your mother, but at least she hasn't had long in hospital, and you and your siblings have spared her aggressive investigations and procedures, but it is tough, and I know what you are going through. I'll be thinking of you and your family. How very sweet that your hubby has missed you so much, and what a romantic present! "My best, Steve" Lol!!! :wink:

Thanks for your congratulations to Mark, everyone. We have a two day trip next month to attend interviews and open days before he makes his final decision. He is planning a gap year, so we'll have him home a bit longer. I'm not looking forward to the day he moves out.

Brooke
02-19-2008, 11:22 AM
Molly, I'm sorry to hear about your mother, too. I hope she bounces right back. My Mom has several health issues too, so I know what you are going through. It can be very upsetting.

Your hubby is being a sweetie, too. Once in a while they can really come through for us, can't they! :D

02-19-2008, 12:14 PM
Molly, hope all turns out okay with your mom. I'll be thinking of you. It seems like many of us here have elderly moms that have various health issues. While it is really difficult sometimes to care for them, I am so thankful that my mom is still here. Even though with her disease, she is not really the mom I remember, I know I will miss her terribly after she is gone.

DF and EF, again, I hope everything works out for you with your jobs.

On a happier note, GEF, congrats to Mark. I know you will miss him when he goes off to school, but you must be very proud of him.

sodascouts
02-20-2008, 06:21 PM
Just got back from the doctor - I've been sick for a week now with what felt like the flu. It struck me down almost immediately after I got back to Indiana. It was so bad last week I couldn't leave the apartment - fever, dizziness, congestion, aches, fatigue, all of that. Now, it's turned into a horrible cough. Turns out I have asthmatic bronchitis, even though I don't have asthma. Not sure how that works, but I've got my medicine so I'm good to go.

While waiting to get my prescription filled, I heard "Boys of Summer" come over the speakers. I was tapping my foot and mouthing along, and all of the sudden, the guy next to me actually started singing with it! "Out on the road today I saw a Deadhead sticker on a Cadillac..." the girl with him shot him this glare and hissed "Shhh!" I guess she was embarrassed. He mumbled sheepishly, "Sorry, I love this song." I wanted to say "Leave your boyfriend alone, he has good taste." lol

Molly
02-20-2008, 07:29 PM
Take care of yourself, Nancy. Hope your feeling 100% soon.

Hubby was sick with a minor cold last week (if you'd ask him he'd tell you it was a major cold). It was almost like having an infant in the house.

This week he's in Orlando, FLA for work. He called me at my office today to give me a weather report. He said I did that to him while I was in California. If I remember correctly, he asked me to call him daily!

Brooke
02-20-2008, 10:19 PM
Soda, yikes, get well soon!

I've had a cold for a week now, too. I wanted to stay home from work last week, but I couldn't because my helper had already asked off. It wasn't so bad that I couldn't work, but I don't like to spread it around. It's the first cold I've had for 3 years. I hate colds. :x

Mrs Frey
02-21-2008, 04:50 AM
Oh my gosh, Soda, I hope you're able to shake off your bronchitis soon. I've had bronchitis more times than I care to remember, and sometimes it's difficult shaking it. It's sounds like you had some 'flu symptoms along with the bronchitis, so I can imagine how awful you felt. Look after yourself and get well soon, girl.

Brooke, I'm sorry that you've had a cold. I hate colds too - people don't take them too seriously, but they make one feel really awful. I hope you recover fully soon. Rest as much as you can.

Molly, I'm sorry about your hubby's cold. It's true that men are like children when they get ill - I've experienced that with my dad. :roll: I'm glad your hubby's okay, though. I had to laugh about his weather report!

GEF, I hope you won't have to experience your son moving out too soon. I can imagine how much it will hurt.

Glennsallnighter
02-21-2008, 07:42 AM
Just got back from the doctor - I've been sick for a week now with what felt like the flu. It struck me down almost immediately after I got back to Indiana. It was so bad last week I couldn't leave the apartment - fever, dizziness, congestion, aches, fatigue, all of that. Now, it's turned into a horrible cough. Turns out I have asthmatic bronchitis, even though I don't have asthma. Not sure how that works, but I've got my medicine so I'm good to go.

While waiting to get my prescription filled, I heard "Boys of Summer" come over the speakers. I was tapping my foot and mouthing along, and all of the sudden, the guy next to me actually started singing with it! "Out on the road today I saw a Deadhead sticker on a Cadillac..." the girl with him shot him this glare and hissed "Shhh!" I guess she was embarrassed. He mumbled sheepishly, "Sorry, I love this song." I wanted to say "Leave your boyfriend alone, he has good taste." lol

He does indeed! Its amazing when you return from a sunny holiday how often colds flus and fevers hit! It always happens me as well. I hope the meds are working and that you are starting to feel better Soda!

Glennsallnighter
02-21-2008, 07:44 AM
Take care of yourself, Nancy. Hope your feeling 100% soon.

Hubby was sick with a minor cold last week (if you'd ask him he'd tell you it was a major cold). It was almost like having an infant in the house.

Seems to be a trait with men alright Molly! I've experienced that scenario as well!

glenneaglesfan
02-21-2008, 07:46 AM
So sorry to hear about your bronchitis, Soda. All I can say is that it's lucky you weren't ill a couple of weeks ago!

Brooke, sorry to hear about your cold too, especially not being able to take time off. Look after yourself and try and rest when you can.

Molly, I know exactly what it's like when men get colds - we call it 'man 'flu'! Good thing we women don't make such a fuss. :wink: I hope he feels better soon.

Glennsallnighter
02-21-2008, 07:49 AM
'man flu' I love it!

Justifies the blankets, the hot drinks, the moaning and the surgical attachment to the TV remote control when such hits!

DonFan
02-21-2008, 11:06 AM
Sorry you have been sick, soda, and you too, Brooke. This has been a hard winter for everyone--lots of colds and different strains of the flu have been going around.

My daughter sent an email from the university saying she had been sick too, also with bronchitis, and visited the campus doctor for the first time. But I got sidetracked with her next sentence, which said "I have to go to art class now. We are drawing our first nude model today." :shock:

02-21-2008, 11:07 AM
Sorry, that so many of you are under the weather. Glad you broke down and went to the doctor Soda so you can get rid of your bronchitis. It can be very nasty and stubborn, but hopefully the meds will do their job. Methinks the 'golfing' may have worn down your resistence. :wink: :wink:

And Molly I do recall a certain someone who seemed a little lonely while you were in California. Good thing he didn't get the 'man flu' that week. They may have had to air lift you off the golf course to get you home. (BTW, don't tell Ditka that the yankee said that!) :D :twisted:

Brooke
02-21-2008, 12:44 PM
My daughter sent an email from the university saying she had been sick too, also with bronchitis, and visited the campus doctor for the first time. But I got sidetracked with her next sentence, which said "I have to go to art class now. We are drawing our first nude model today." :shock:

Ha! Too funny, DF! She wasn't feeling too awful, was she?! :laugh:

DonFan
02-21-2008, 12:57 PM
I guess not, Brooke! Actually, she said it was a female model, and she was concentrating so hard on drawing the lights and shadows on her portrait, and completing it in the one-hour time frame for the class, that it barely even registered that the model was naked.

Glennsallnighter
02-21-2008, 01:10 PM
I guess not, Brooke! Actually, she said it was a female model, and she was concentrating so hard on drawing the lights and shadows on her portrait, and completing it in the one-hour time frame for the class, that it barely even registered that the model was naked.

She must be great at drawing and at Art. I couldn't draw to save my life, so I hope I never will have to!

My email and text messaging system on my mobile phone has gone completely down :roll: Everything bar a few emails that I had saved (my ILAA ticket email and a particularly good slide show which someone sent mas last year) has been deleted and although I can send, I cannot receive any texts or emails. I'm saying this so that if any of you who text me haven't received answers it hasn't been rudeness, its techno!

EasyFeeling
02-21-2008, 01:19 PM
Internet connection works just bad for me today. :x So I just wanted to say to those who are sick, get better soon!

Perfect Little Sister
02-21-2008, 03:51 PM
The board's been arguing with me too EF. It seems to be willing to co operate now tho. Yay! Everyone stay well. Spring is coming. You wouldn't know it by how dreary and rainy it is at my house. But there are daffodils up. This time last year I took this pic.
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b20/eaglesaddict05/03250022_edited.jpg

Wish me luck...I'm submitting job apps today. Ugh! Managing a family of six for 23 years doesn't hold much weight in the job market. :roll:

DonFan
02-21-2008, 04:03 PM
What a gorgeous pic, PLS!

And good luck with the job search!

Brooke
02-21-2008, 05:25 PM
Beautiful, PLS! And good luck! :D

EasyFeeling
02-22-2008, 05:27 AM
Good luck to you, PLS. :D Beautiful pic of you three, the boys are very cute.

Glennsallnighter
02-22-2008, 05:36 AM
The board's been arguing with me too EF. It seems to be willing to co operate now tho. Yay! Everyone stay well. Spring is coming. You wouldn't know it by how dreary and rainy it is at my house. But there are daffodils up. This time last year I took this pic.
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b20/eaglesaddict05/03250022_edited.jpg

Wish me luck...I'm submitting job apps today. Ugh! Managing a family of six for 23 years doesn't hold much weight in the job market. :roll:

That is a beautiful pic PLS! The boys are gorgeous!

And you are right! Family management can be every bit as complicated as working as a CEO for a big company, with no pay, leave, breaks, or even sleep at times. But who wants to hear about it as experience....... :headshake:

Good luck with the job apps! I hope you find something you like!

Glennsallnighter
02-22-2008, 05:39 AM
Forgive me if you don't see me much over the next week or so. This time of year I correct trial exams. The company who does them phoned me on Tuesday evening and asked me to take about 100. I said that was too much and I agreed to take 80. You have a week to correct them. When I collected my parcel yesterday and went through it she had left 107 :roll: . So its going to be 'pens to deck' for the weekend! I want them done by Wednesday!

Mrs Frey
02-22-2008, 09:40 AM

Wow, DF! I can draw a little, but I admire your daughter for being able to draw from a live model, and especially being able to do it in an hour (as I gathered from your later post)! It usually takes me about 4 hours to do a half decent job from a photograph. I'd never get a model to sit for me that long! :lol:

I've been thinking of drawing a portrait of Glenn :heart:, but I just haven't had the time or the inclination to do one. I don't know if I'd do him any justice anyway. The last time I did a portrait was about 6 years ago!

Mrs Frey
02-22-2008, 09:44 AM
PLS, thanks for sharing your beautiful photo with us. You look radiant and you have beautiful children. Good luck with your job applications - I hope you won't have to battle to find something suitable.

GA, we'll miss you on The Border. Just don't go missing on your birthday, okay? :wink:

sodascouts
02-22-2008, 10:52 AM
What a great photo, PLS! Good luck on the job search!

And GA - I hope they are paying you per exam! Looking forward to when you can post again. :)

Brooke
02-22-2008, 11:48 AM
Yes, we'll miss you, Ga! Good luck on getting that work done!

Perfect Little Sister
02-22-2008, 01:13 PM
Thanks guys for all the well-wishes and compliments. I do need to point out that the picture is me with my two grandsons. (Nana's Angels) I have a third grandchild due in May. Now that my daughter-in-law is out on disability until after the baby's born, I don't get to babysit my angels every week like I was. :cry: Silver lining...it makes applying for a job easier when I can be available for all shifts.

EasyFeeling
02-22-2008, 01:19 PM
These boys are your grandsons??? :shock: I thought they are your sons. You are too young to have grandsons. Sorry, that surprises me. :shock:

02-22-2008, 02:23 PM
PLS - thanks for posting that. Nana's angels are so cute. Good luck with your job search as well.

glenneaglesfan
02-22-2008, 04:58 PM
PLS, that's such a nice picture! I always think of daffodils as being a quintissentially British flower, so it's so nice to see them growing happily in America! And I agree with EF, you do not look old enough to have grandchildren, but all the same they are a couple of sweeties. Best wishes for the third, and best of luck with job- seeking as well.

DF, it was funny reading about your daughter's assignment! Kudos to her for getting on with it, and congratulations to her for being a good artist.

GA, sorry to hear you've been overwhelmed with exam papers. You have an important deadline to meet!

Glennsallnighter
02-23-2008, 08:45 AM
And GA - I hope they are paying you per exam! Looking forward to when you can post again. :)

You bet they are! Its not much, but it all mounts up, I can work from home!

The more I do, the more ££ for London!

Glennsallnighter
02-25-2008, 06:39 AM
Woo Hoo Hoo! Just got my Glenn :heart: Frey guitar pick that I won on eBay last weekend. Complete with Certificate of Authenticity. :yay: :yay: :yay:

Now I'd BETTER get back to work!!

Mrs Frey
02-25-2008, 07:21 AM
Wow, PLS, I was very surprised when I read that those little angels are your grandsons. You look fabulous for a grandma!

GA, congratulations on receiving your Glenn :heart: pick! I'm sure you will be using it to play on your Eagles guitar! :nod: Be sure to take breaks on it inbetween your mountains of work. :wink:

glenneaglesfan
02-26-2008, 11:16 AM
That's funny, GA, I just won a Glenn guitar pick on Ebay too! Good thing we weren't bidding against each other, the fur might have started to fly!! :wink: Mine is slightly worn - I'd like to think the great man himself had used it before donating it to someone in the audience.

Glennsallnighter
02-26-2008, 12:48 PM
I'd like to think the same too GEF! Now if he'd care to donate one to someone in the London audience...... :wink: .

EasyFeeling
02-26-2008, 01:28 PM
Congratulations on winning a Glenn guitar pick, GA and GEF. :D I wish I had one too.

Folks, I want to ask you for your opinions... you know I have to change my job. Because I was frustrated I looked for another job in the internet and found a job ad on the website of a company who construct and build luxury yachts, ships for the marine and other special ships. I worked on a shipyard for 18 years before the company went bankrupt and always wanted to return in that kind of business. But that's not easy here in Bremen and I would have to go to the north coast to get a job and that's not what I want. So I sent them an application last week. That company is highly esteemed in the world. They sell yachts to rich people like sheikh.

Today after work I went to the supermarket and while I was looking for yoghurt (thank God I was not standing at the cash desk :roll: )I got a call from that company and they want to see me for a job interview, this week. :shock: I haven't expected that, to be honest. I'm not young anymore but that seems not to keep them off to invite me. Good. I know going there means nothing but in case, just in case I would get this job, would you accept it? Given that I would get the same earnings and working conditions are good?

I work in my current job for 10 years now but I don't know what happens when the pregnant co-worker wants to come back for a full time job. Apart from the fact that I assume I might not like the job.

Would you "take the risk" to quit and get another job?

tbs fanatic
02-26-2008, 04:34 PM
I would go for it :D You obviously have experience in that area which is clearly a big plus for them. Yep, I'd do it.

Brooke
02-26-2008, 05:29 PM
It would be hard for me to say, EF.

You obviously have the experience they are interested in. It would be exciting doing something different. I say go to the interview and see what they have to say before you quit your current job.

glenneaglesfan
02-26-2008, 05:57 PM
EF, I would definitely go for the interview and if possible have a look around where you would be working. I think it sounds like an exciting prospect, and your previous experience would count in your favour. Your present job is uncertain, after they have moved to another site, and in my experience, pregnant co-workers sometimes change their attitude to work when they have babies, leaving their colleagues having to cover for them. I know that sounds very sexist, but I work mainly with younger women starting families, and they take a lot of carer's leave.

And maybe you could get to that London concert after all! :wink:

sodascouts
02-26-2008, 08:03 PM
Congrats on your picks, GA and GEF!

EF, it sounds like you're excited about the job prospect. Go check it out and see how it feels, then weigh the pros and cons. At least you have options, which is good!

Now, I've got to complain a bit. I've had an absolutely HORRIBLE day. This morning, I went to drop off my dissertation chapter at the English department. I guess I wasn't as over the flu as I thought I was, because when I got back to the parking garage, I felt light-headed. And then it happened. I passed out and took a header onto the cement floor.

When I came to, my head was literally in a pool of blood, which had also gotten all over my coat (hope that gets out!) Folks had called an ambulance. Turns out it looked worse than it was - just a deep gash which required nine stitches and a hideously bruised eye and forehead. I can't even open my right eye, really. It's the kind of puffy, discolored eye that makes it look like you have an abusive boyfriend, but it'll go away in a few weeks. It could have been worse. They say I will probably have a light scar, though.

Still, six hours in a hospital, two CAT scans, and nine stitches isn't my idea of a good time! As I whimpered wussily when they irrigated the wound, I thought about how this was nothing compared to people being tortured and all, so I should suck it up. Unfortunately, I couldn't stifle the moans. I'm such a wimp!

Freypower
02-26-2008, 08:29 PM
Oh dear, Soda, what a dreadful experience. Take care of yourself please.

DonFan
02-26-2008, 08:34 PM
Oh, Nancy, I am so sorry! Nine stitches? :shock: Bless your heart! Thank goodness there were good Samaritans nearby to call an ambulance to take you to the hospital. Your head must be pounding. Please get lots of rest, listen to lots of soothing Eagles music, and take care of yourself--we are worried about you! :hug:

Brooke
02-26-2008, 11:00 PM
Oh my gosh, Nancy! I'm so sorry about your fall, you poor thing! Please take care of yourself! And yes, listening to Eagles and FM will help you recover much more quickly. Dang!

Mrs Frey
02-27-2008, 04:32 AM
Nancy! Good Lord. I'm so sorry to read about your fall and experience in the hospital. I'm glad that there were people around to phone an ambulance and assist you. Look after yourself, girl - one can easily be duped into thinking that one is over the worst of one's 'flu, only to suffer a setback such as you have experienced. I hope you are able to recover fully soon. In the meantime, REST, REST, REST!!! :hug:

EF, you certainly have an important decision to make. It is difficult for me to give you advice in this regard - all I can say is go to the interview, ask as many questions as you can, check out the surroundings and working conditions, and try and get an idea of the people with whom you'll be working. You are obviously feeling insecure in your current situation, hence your wanting to move on. Unfortunately, only you can decide what is right for you, and I wish you luck in this all important decision.

glenneaglesfan
02-27-2008, 04:42 AM
Nancy, what an awful thing to happen to you. Nine stitches - that's some nasty wound. Thank goodness you haven't sustained any internal injuries. I hope the bruising settles down soon. Take some arnica - I used to find that helped when the boys bumped themselves - and look after yourself.

Glennsallnighter
02-27-2008, 05:34 AM
Congratulations on winning a Glenn guitar pick, GA and GEF. :D I wish I had one too.

Thanks EF! Do you play guitar or would it be to have some memorabilia?

Would you "take the risk" to quit and get another job?

I think I would EF. I would at least go to the interview and check it out. As MF said as k as many questions as you can. But if you feel its for you you'll get good vibes straight away. Follow your instinct.

You never know, Glenn :heart: or Keith might like to start yachting trends :wink:

Glennsallnighter
02-27-2008, 05:43 AM
Pregnant co-workers sometimes change their attitude to work when they have babies, leaving their colleagues having to cover for them. I know that sounds very sexist, but I work mainly with younger women starting families, and they take a lot of carer's leave.

May I put my hand up here claiming to be 'Guilty of the Crime'.
Its not that when you have kids you intentionally decide to give up work. 8 years ago I'd never have entertained such an idea! But when they do come into your world you need a job that can accomodate your changing priorities without allowing you to compromise on high standards or leave others to 'carry your can'. If you can find that mix thats great. If not like me, where distance, rigid time-tabling and the astronomical cost of childcare in Ireland made things impossible you sometimes end up having to take time off! But I won't stay at home forever. Why pay tax on your salary and then up to €2000 per month to have someone mind them for you. Its not worth it. It great to be able to spend time with your kids too and watch them growing up.

Glennsallnighter
02-27-2008, 05:45 AM
Congrats on your picks, GA and GEF!

Still, six hours in a hospital, two CAT scans, and nine stitches isn't my idea of a good time! As I whimpered wussily when they irrigated the wound, I thought about how this was nothing compared to people being tortured and all, so I should suck it up. Unfortunately, I couldn't stifle the moans. I'm such a wimp!

Soda what an awful thing to happen to you. I hope you are feeling a lot better. Have a good rest and relax to plenty of Eagles and Glenn :heart: . Here's a big :hug: . Take care of yourself.

Thanks for the congrats on the picks!

sodascouts
02-27-2008, 09:37 AM
Thanks for the sympathy guys! My head actually doesn't hurt nearly as much as it did yesterday, but my eye looks HORRIBLE. It's so swollen and discolored, absolutely a nightmare!

Luckily, one of my friends brought over dinner last night and another one is going to take me to the pharmacy today so I don't have to drive.

Brooke
02-27-2008, 10:35 AM
I'm glad you are at least feeling a little better, Soda. I've never had a black eye, but my kids have encountered them by playing basketball and they can be quite aweful. I hope yours clears up quickly. Try a nice t-bone on it. I've always heard that, but never tried it. Don't know where that old wives tale came from. :wink:

I know your family is not near, so it's good you have some good friends close by to help you out.

tbs fanatic
02-27-2008, 10:52 AM
Oh my gosh Soda :shock: :shock: How terrible. Hope you are getting a lot of TLC.

Mrs Frey
02-27-2008, 10:57 AM
I'm glad you're feeling a bit better, Soda, and I hope that your eye heals quickly. It's great that you have such kind and helpful friends.

EasyFeeling
02-27-2008, 12:45 PM
Oh Soda, I'm so sorry to hear what happened to you. :shock: You must have been shocked to see all the blood. I probably would feel faint seeing my own blood. Believe me, I'm a wimp too. But I'm glad you are feeling a little bit better today.

No GA, I don't play guitar. I would just love to have some memorabilia. :wink:

Uuuuh, Glenn or Keith ordering a yacht... that's reason enough for me to work there. :D On their website I've read that most of the clients want to remain anonymous and don't want to come out with a picture of their yachts in public. So I couldn't tell you anything about it. :wink:

Seriously, thank you all for your encouragement. Tomorrow morning I have an appointment for the interview, I'm a bit excited and worried at the same time because I'm not good in praising myself if you know what I mean. But I will give my best to convince them. :wink:

Glennsallnighter
02-27-2008, 12:55 PM
I'm glad you are feeling better too Soda! I hope your eye isn't too sore. I've heard that t-bone tale as well. When I was quite young! There must be some truth in it! Anything that helps is worth it.

Glennsallnighter
02-27-2008, 12:57 PM
Best of luck EF! Let them know how competant you are and how much you would like the job. I'm sure you will be the best applicant and I hope they realise that.

sodascouts
02-27-2008, 04:18 PM
Apparently the T-bone thing is because it's cold and it'll help reduce swelling. I did use a homemade ice pack, but it hurt so I only kept it on for a few minutes (again, the wimp factor lol).

I'm very lucky to have friends closeby. The one who took me to the pharmacy today actually stuck around and took out my trash as well as cleaned my pots and pans! What a saint!

I called my parents to let them know that when I come to visit, they're in for an unpleasant surprise. My Mom actually offered to fly up. I told her it wasn't necessary, but she's so sweet to offer! They are so loving and supportive. I'm a lucky girl.

Good luck on that interview, EF. Let us know how it goes!

Perfect Little Sister
02-27-2008, 06:40 PM
Holy cow Soda!!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe that happened! The same thing happened to my daughter about a month ago. She had the flu, was feeling better, even went to cheer practice, then the next day blacked out in the shower. She hit the back of her head but not hard enough to split the skin. Just enough to hurt. And her daddy was in Malaysia at the time to add insult to injury.

Try a bag of frozen veggies wrapped in a towel as an ice pack. It's a little softer on the injury and will conform to your face a bit. More gentle than hard old ice cubes.

Take care of yourself Girl!!!!

Molly
02-27-2008, 06:42 PM
Good Lord, Nancy! Thank goodness you didn't get hurt worse and that there were people around to help you.

Forgive me for sounding like a mom (OK, an older sister :wink: ), but I hope you follow everyone's advice and take it easy. Push more fluids and if you aren't already, get some vitamins into your daily routine. You sound like you're really letting yourself get worn down. OK, I'm done nagging you.

All of this so you can tell "Uncle Glenn" you got that "book report" handed in on time!

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y137/mollycinder/3_9_5v1.gif

Perfect Little Sister
02-27-2008, 06:43 PM
EF, best of luck for you tomorrow. I will be pulling for you. I hear you about the interview. I have the same problem.

Molly
02-27-2008, 06:45 PM
Michaela, good luck with the interview if you choose to go.

My feeling about interviews is, they're a pretty nerve-wracking experience, so whenever I have a chance to do one, I do it. It's good practice even if you choose to not accept the position if offered.

Freypower
02-27-2008, 06:56 PM
Good luck with the interview EF.

Regarding black eyes, I may as well share this story, as I don't talk about myself much. Mind you, this was 35 years ago.

I was a weekly boarder at a school in England (near Croydon if anyone is interested). We played field hockey, which I hated, and it was March, so it was hellishly cold for an Australian. We're standing on the field and one of the girls who shared my dormitory suddenly raises her stick above her head (which is strictly forbidden) and brings it down, and it lands on my right eye. I collapsed in a heap and had to go to the sanitorium for the rest of the week.

The very next week the eye was just about clear. My parents and I were going to Paris for the April half term break. I was coming out of chapel when I slipped on the ice, on my LEFT side. My LEFT eye was now black. We went to Paris and sympathetic people kept coming up to my parents enquiring 'elle est tombe'? (She has fallen)? We went to Versailles and I have photos of myself trying to hide my face because the eye looked so bad.

:blush:

sodascouts
02-27-2008, 08:11 PM
Thanks for the sympathy, guys! I'm trying to take better care of myself, really! The cough is better. Perhaps that knock on the head cleared some lung passages. ;)

FP - wow, how horrible for you as a little girl! Poor thing!

timfan
02-27-2008, 09:12 PM
WOW Soda that sounds just awful! But I am glad you are feeling better. Take care of yourself :)

I know when I had my black eye in July it took a few weeks to heal. it was actually the first time i have ever had a black eye. They aren't fun that's for sure!

sodascouts
02-27-2008, 11:19 PM
I took a photo for the morbidly curious - but don't worry, I'll link to it rather than post it as an image in case you've just eaten or something, lol. It's actually better today. The backwards "L" under the bandage is where the stitches are.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y247/sodascouts/misc/blackeyestitches.jpg

Freypower
02-27-2008, 11:34 PM
Nancy, you poor thing! That brings back painful memories for me too! :(

katherine5832
02-27-2008, 11:36 PM
I took a photo for the morbidly curious - but don't worry, I'll link to it rather than post it as an image in case you've just eaten or something, lol. It's actually better today. The backwards "L" under the bandage is where the stitches are.

Hmmm... do I even admit that I'm morbidly curious? LOL! Geez, Soda, I'm sorry to hear about your accident, but I'm certainly glad you're on the mend. Take it easy down there. And I didn't even mean for that to be an Eagles allusion, but there you go...

Mrs Frey
02-28-2008, 02:56 AM
Good luck with the interview EF.

Regarding black eyes, I may as well share this story, as I don't talk about myself much. Mind you, this was 35 years ago.

I was a weekly boarder at a school in England (near Croydon if anyone is interested). We played field hockey, which I hated, and it was March, so it was hellishly cold for an Australian. We're standing on the field and one of the girls who shared my dormitory suddenly raises her stick above her head (which is strictly forbidden) and brings it down, and it lands on my right eye. I collapsed in a heap and had to go to the sanitorium for the rest of the week.

The very next week the eye was just about clear. My parents and I were going to Paris for the April half term break. I was coming out of chapel when I slipped on the ice, on my LEFT side. My LEFT eye was now black. We went to Paris and sympathetic people kept coming up to my parents enquiring 'elle est tombe'? (She has fallen)? We went to Versailles and I have photos of myself trying to hide my face because the eye looked so bad.

:blush:

Oh my gosh, FP! What an awful experience for you! It may have been a long time ago, but I'm sure you still wince at the thought of it. :(

Mrs Frey
02-28-2008, 03:08 AM

OUCH! That looks so sore! Aww, I'm so sorry, Soda! :(

I had an experience about 3 and a half years ago where I had been recovering from bronchitis, but I must have had some 'flu symptoms as well. I was preparing to go to a chiropractor for an adjustment which I also needed. I went into the bathroom, and I was still telling my mother, who was in the bathroom, that I felt a bit strange, when I collapsed. I came to, hearing my mother calling my father frantically in what seemed like a distance away, but she had broken my fall - I could easily have hit my head on the basin or the bath otherwise. My father helped to pick me up (I was dead weight), and I vaguely remember him helping me to my bedroom, when I lost consciousness for a second time.

I finally regained full consciousness a few minutes later, and then when I worked through my confusion, I began crying, as it was my mother's birthday, and I felt so bad that I had upset her. If it weren't for her catching me, I would certainly have had a black eye and a gash or bruise on my head.

Collapsing like that was a very scary experience indeed. I did go to the chiropractor after that (my father drove me), and he told me that it was probably just a sudden rush of blood away from my brain that caused me to collapse, and that it wasn't anything serious.

EasyFeeling
02-28-2008, 08:57 AM
OMG Soda :shock: , your eye looks awful. I guess that takes some time to heal. No matter how it looks I hope it doesn't hurt so much.

Ok, not much time today but I just wanted to give you a short review of my interview today... it was kind of funny. I was interviewed by two people, the manager and his assistant, a woman. She was very nice and told me about the tasks in that job. The manager is a Dutch man and has a great sense of humor I must say. :wink:
Sometimes I had the feeling I'm not there to be interviewed for that job but talking about what I'm doing in my private life. He asked me about my hobbies and I said music. Then he asked what kind of music I'm listening to and I replied: Don't get me starting... do you want to know my favorite band? Ok, I'm sure you know the Eagles. Yes, he said, they did some great songs. And then he told me he saw the Rolling Stones when he had been in Shanghai on a business trip, the show was sold out but he got the tickets from a friend and was backstage.
The assistant mentioned KISS and of course I told them I already have my tickets for that concert. :wink:
Sometimes he suddenly changed the language and started to speak English. I was a bit surprised but knew he wants to check out my knowledge. I answered and that seems to be ok.
He said he's a bit messy and when I looked around me and saw his desk I knew what he meant. :roll:
Working time varies, it depends on how much work needs to be done. Sometimes I will have a 10 hours day, sometimes when it's more quiet I can finish earlier. In the yacht sales department work only 3 people, the manger, his assistant and me (in case).

I have no clue if they were pleased with our conversion or not. I know there are several candidates for that job. I have to wait and see. In case they put me on the shortlist I have to go for a second time.

Mrs Frey
02-28-2008, 10:05 AM
It seems like you had a very pleasant interview, EF! I hope you will be called for a second interview, if that is what you would like.

I think interviewers ask questions about your hobbies and interests to get an idea of your personality, which usually shines through when you talk about such matters. I've experienced it too.

I hope things work out for you the way you're hoping.

EasyFeeling
02-28-2008, 10:32 AM
It seems like you had a very pleasant interview, EF! I hope you will be called for a second interview, if that is what you would like.

I think interviewers ask questions about your hobbies and interests to get an idea of your personality, which usually shines through when you talk about such matters. I've experienced it too.

I hope things work out for you the way you're hoping.

Yes, I know but we almost talked more about that than about the job. :? It was so much different from all the interviews I had in my life. Ok, there were not many because I only worked for two companies. I was loyal to my employers so far. :wink:

DonFan
02-28-2008, 10:40 AM
Interviews are always very difficult--I have been on several over the last year, and I have yet to find the right job with the right "fit." You never quite know what they are looking for, and you want to make a good impression.

Anyway, it sounds like the interview went well, EF. Waiting afterwards is always another hard part.

glenneaglesfan
02-28-2008, 11:36 AM
It sounds like a nice relaxed interview, EF, and good to demonstrate your excellent English. I hope things work out - it sounds as if it could be an interesting and challenging job. Fingers crossed for you.

Nancy, that photo made me cringe and I'm supposed to be used to that sort of thing. Do look after yourself and rest until you are fully recovered.

Fp, your experience as a girl sounds awful. Fancy one black eye after another in such a short time. I hated hockey as well - it always seemed to be raining and freezing cold. I got knocked senseless by colliding with the goalie, who was about twice my size and build. No fun at all. I didn't know you'd been to boarding school in England. Which school was it? One of my uni friends went to school in that part of the world.

sodascouts
02-28-2008, 02:09 PM
Sounds like you came off well in the interview, EF. Hope you hear back from them!

Brooke
02-28-2008, 02:11 PM
EF, I'm glad your interview was pleasant. Hopefully you'll find out something soon.

Nancy, I had to peek, too. Ouch! I hope it goes away soon. Please take care!

Fp, that was awful! Sports can be very rough sometimes. I hate to see kids get hurt. Or anyone for that matter.

Freypower
02-28-2008, 07:06 PM
I I didn't know you'd been to boarding school in England. Which school was it? One of my uni friends went to school in that part of the world.

It was the Royal Russell School not far from Croydon.

I did get some compensation for the black eyes when summer came around and the sport changed to swimming. I was practically the only one who could swim. :twisted:

Mrs Frey
02-29-2008, 07:58 AM
Now, FP, that doesn't surprise me - Australians are known for their swimming skills! :nod:

I'm not doing too well today - I seem to have a cold coming on, which is the last thing I need in my life right now since I have a very important event coming up in two and a bit weeks' time! :shock: Anyway, I've got the immune system booster and the throat lozenges, so hopefully I'll beat this thing before it dominates me. :roll:

Glennsallnighter
02-29-2008, 08:14 AM
As it was my birthday testerday I was out all day and didn't get much of a chance to check in! What a lot to catch up on.

EF, sounds like your interview went really well. I think its true that interviewers know that you'll be able to do the job, so they are sounding out if you will have the personality for it by checking out your hobbies etc. It also helps to relax you. Sounds like you have good vibes from it. I hope you get it if thats what you want.

Soda! I too had to have a peek. It looks awful (ouch). Hope its feeling better soon.

FP I too played hockey but unlike your experiences with it I loved it for the 4 years that I played. But I haven't played a match now in 25 years :( . I'm sorry you found it so bad. The people you were playing with sounded a lot rougher than my experience. I only had one bad injury when a hochey ball slid up the stick and whacked me in the mouth. At least it was closed at the time so I saved my teeth. But one of them went into my gum fairly deeply.......

MF! I hope that cold doesn't develop into anything worse. You have enough on your plate! Your 'flu' story sounds rather scary too!

EasyFeeling
03-01-2008, 07:32 AM
I'm sorry to hear you are feeling not well, MF. I hope it's not getting worse so do whatever you can to feel good for your upcoming event. :D

As for my interview... I guess it takes a while for them to decide who gets the job. So I'm trying not to think about it very much. But doing that job costs me a lot of free time and I'm not sure if that's what I want. :? To be honest I don't live to work all the time.

Glennsallnighter
03-01-2008, 07:43 AM
Well wait and see what happens EF! If its meant for you it will happen. But I agree, there is more to life than work!

MF Give yourself plenty of TLC! We need you in top shape for London later this month!

sodascouts
03-01-2008, 11:52 AM
Feel better soon, MF!

SweetHolly
03-01-2008, 11:03 PM
Hope everyone is doing good. I'm still alive. Still no internet connection but I might be getting one soon if I go to this place called PLAN to help me get a job which my parents are making me go to. I honestly don't want to go since I went to DARS and they didn't want to help me and it seemed they were more interested in filling their quota instead of helping me. :roll:

DonFan
03-02-2008, 12:23 AM
Good to hear from you again, Sweet Holly! Good luck with the job situation.

EasyFeeling
03-02-2008, 06:08 AM
Good luck from me too, SH. :thumbsup:

Glennsallnighter
03-02-2008, 06:12 AM
And from me SH! Great to see you back posting. Hope you get the job you want.

sodascouts
03-02-2008, 05:29 PM
Good luck SH!

glenneaglesfan
03-02-2008, 06:15 PM
Best of luck looking for a job, SH, and it's really nice to see you back.

I'm posting from Ascot, near London, tonight. I'm at a two day conference in a posh venue with free wifi internet access, so I'm glad I lugged the laptop up on the train. I've just come back to my room after a delicious dinner washed down with copious wine, and I was with a nice group of people. One of the delegates, an Australian girl I've met before at a couple of similar events, said she'd been to a concert at the Millennium Stadium, and YES, it was the Eagles!!!! Needless to say I gushed a bit, and tried to sell my spare ticket, but so far no bites. I've got two days to work on it. What a joy just to be able to enthuse about my favourite band with a fellow fan!

I's a busy week for me. After this conference I get home on Tuesday, then early Wednesday I am taking Mark up to an open day at Swansea University, then we are staying the night in Cardiff before travelling to Oxford for his interview at Oxford Brookes, and home again Thursday evening. All of this by train, so I hope the research on the internet proves accurate, as there are a lot of connections involved.

Yesterday, hubby took me on a 22 mile bike ride in Cornwall. Although flat, it was into the wind all the way to Padstow, and uphill all the way back. Parts of my anatomy are very tender today! It was a beautiful day though, and worth the hard work.

Glennsallnighter
03-02-2008, 06:28 PM
Enjoy your time in Ascot GEF! I was there once before about 15 years ago for a very good friends wedding. (I'm hoping to meet her when we go to london LATER THIS MONTH!). Its great to meet a like minded fan! I hope you have plenty of gushing conversations with her. Maybe you can as yet flog the ticket!

I hope all your travelling goes well and without a hitch this week. Good luck to your son with his interviews. Hopefully he will get some offers out of them.

Well done on your cycle! I know just the remedy for that aching body but I'll leave it to your imagination!

Hope the conference goes well also!

rcknalwys
03-02-2008, 08:41 PM
So much catching up to do, see what happens when you take a couple of days off!
Congrats on the picks, so cool to have them isn't it?
Nancy, your poor eye, it looks awful. Hope it isn't as painful as it looks. I have a black eye story too, I rolled my van a couple of years back on the highway, and took the windshield in my face. It wasn't pretty to look at, but recovered well after a few weeks.
Nice to have you back Sweet Holly. Hope something turns up for you soon.
Get well quickly Mrs Frey, got a hot date coming real soon.
Hope your job quest turns out well for you either way EF.
Can't imagine spending that much time on a bike, wouldn't be able to walk. Have a safe week with all the travelling you have on your plate.

Mrs Frey
03-03-2008, 07:37 AM
GA, EF, Soda and Becky, thanks for your well wishes, girls. :grouphug: I'm not feeling great - my sore throat of Friday worsened on Saturday, and became a full-blown cold yesterday. I had to go out for monthly shopping, but rested for the remainder of the day. I've been taking an immune system booster, as well as an anti-inflammatory, and so far my throat is no longer sore, but I sound distinctly nasal and my voice has dropped a notch. I'm coughing a bit, but I feel a bit better than I did yesterday. The head feels a bit thick and my body feels weak. No exercise or cycling for me for at least a week! :roll: Oh well, I know that I've done my best over the last month and a half regarding my fitness and diet, so I actually just need to relax.

EF, I wish you strength and a clear mind when deciding which way to go regarding your job. This is a very important time for you and I hope everything works out for you. You are right: there is more to life than work - don't go for the job if you think it will take over your life.

SH, as I said in another thread, I'm so happy to see you here again. I was worried about you and wondering how you were. Everything of the best with your job hunting.

GEF, you've been a busy bee! How nice that you met a fellow Eagles fan during your time at the conference. I hope you get a buyer for your Eagles ticket soon. Good luck with your travels with Mark - I hope you don't encounter any hitches on the train trip. Well done on your cycle - 22 miles is quite a distance, particularly into the wind and uphill. I know just what you mean about tender parts of the anatomy! I fully intended going for a long ride yesterday myself, but my cold put paid to that. :roll:

Becky, I'm sorry to read about your black eye experience. Ouch! How awful. I know what you mean about having catching up to do - I experience the same thing every Monday, after not having Internet access over the weekend, and it usually takes me the whole week to catch up only partially! :(

tbs fanatic
03-03-2008, 12:09 PM
I's a busy week for me. After this conference I get home on Tuesday, then early Wednesday I am taking Mark up to an open day at Swansea University, then we are staying the night in Cardiff before travelling to Oxford for his interview at Oxford Brookes, and home again Thursday evening. All of this by train, so I hope the research on the internet proves accurate, as there are a lot of connections involved.

Have fun in Oxford GA - that is my hometown. Hope you have time to look around. :D

sodascouts
03-03-2008, 01:36 PM
GEF - A posh hotel with free wi-fi, a fellow Eagles fan, and an Allnighter pillowcase - what more could you ask for?

Those trains can be confusing. I was terrified when travelling from Glasgow to Devon that I would mess up and wind up in Wales or something, lol.

Sorry to hear about your soreness but at least you got a good workout.

Good luck to your son, and have fun!

And MF, sorry to hear you're not well yet. Hopefully you'll get over it soon, especially since you need your voice at 100% even more than most!

03-03-2008, 01:48 PM
Hey everyone – I’m back from my cruise, and I had an absolutely wonderful time. The weather was perfect (except for one 20 minute rain shower one afternoon) and, of course, the scenery was breathtaking. In spite of all of the vigorous activity, I think I must have gained about 5 pounds. I have never seen so much food and drink in my entire life, and, of course, I felt the need to sample at least one of everything.

Well, I must say a lot happened in the short time I was away – way too much for me to comment on because I think this is already going to be a very long post. I learned about my buddy Nancy’s fall last night. Nanc, glad you are on the mend, and thank goodness it seems like the fainting spell was an isolated incident. I think that is so sweet that your mom offered to come up to take care of you. Hope all of you that are ‘under the weather’ are feeling better soon.

Good luck EF, DF, PLS and SH, and anyone else that is searching for a job. As I previously posted, I worked for the same company for over 20 years before I left in 1999. One reason I left the company was because I was having to find a new job within the company about every couple of years and I wanted a more stable position. However, that didn’t happen. I stayed at my next job for 6 years, but decided to leave because I was working a lot more hours than what I wanted. My next job was the one I am working now. I accepted this job knowing that it was not permanent. However, I have really enjoyed it, even though I knew I was going to have to find another job when this one is over. I totally agree with what Molly said about going on job interviews. I go on every job interview I that I can even if I’m not that interested in the job because I think it’s excellent practice. Even though I don’t really enjoy the interview process all that much, each one is different, so I think it is great to get the experience. As with most things, the more you do something, the more comfortable you get with it. My next job will probably be another temporary consulting job. When I got to work this morning, I immediately noticed that my co-worker’s desk was cleaned out. Last Monday while I was gone, she and another co-worker were given notice that their jobs would end in two weeks. Fortunately, since this wasn’t a surprise, she had already been job-hunting and had actually been extended a job offer from another company, so she had actually planned on turning in her two week notice the same day. Since her new company wanted her to start right away, and there is a hold on all work here, they negotiated so that her last day on the job was this past Friday. I am going to really miss working with her. My boss talked to me this morning and he thinks that I will still have my job until April or May. If they get a work extension, they may want me to stay through October. I told him that I was going to start my job search in the very near future, but would stay here until the end if they get the extra work unless I get an offer I can’t refuse. As I said earlier, there isn’t a lot of work to do right now, so I am sitting here being paid while I’m catching up on all The Border news. I don’t really like not being busy, but I am able to keep myself occupied.

Then, a little while ago while I was meeting with my boss, I got a call from my sister. I called her back, and, unfortunately, she had some really bad news that makes my job situation pale in comparison. My brother-in-law was told last Thursday that he has cancer in one of his kidneys. He and my sister are going to be talking with more doctors today to get more information about his diagnosis, treatment, etc. I am very close to my sister and all of her family so right now I am feeling very upset and helpless. Hopefully, we will find out more in the near future. I am thankful that I had my two wonderful trips in February so that I can start dealing with everything that life has coming at me now.

rcknalwys
03-03-2008, 02:13 PM
Oh Dreamer, I'm so sorry to hear about your brother-in-law. I know all of us will be praying and sending healing energy his way.

DonFan
03-03-2008, 03:07 PM
Dreamer, thanks for the encouraging words about our various job situations.
Now I am sending encouraging words back to you about your brother-in-law. Great advancements have been made in cancer treatments in recent years, so hopefully his doctors will map out a plan for him that will be very successful. Keep us posted!

sodascouts
03-03-2008, 03:49 PM
Oh no Kay, I'm so sorry to hear about your brother-in-law. How frightening for your family. Like DF, I hope and pray that something can be done to put it into remission.

Glennsallnighter
03-03-2008, 04:37 PM
Dreamer! What a series of mixed fortunes!
Firstly I'm delighterd you enjoyed the Carribbean cruise so much. I hope you will post some pics of it in the near future.
On the job front I really hope things work out for you and that you end up with a job that gives you great satisfaction.
And of course on the family front I hope everything goes well with your brother in law. I'll keep him (and everyone else who has asked us to pray for their families and friends) in my thoughts and prayers.

Brooke
03-03-2008, 05:52 PM
My goodness! I've been so busy over the weekend and at work today, that I am way behind with everyone!

SH, welcome back. We missed you girl and good luck with the job!

gef, sounds like a lovely time you have had. Except for the sore muscles! Another biking trip would help that, so they say! I do hope you get your extra ticket sold, too. More money for souvenirs, right?

MF, get well soon. You have to feel good for a special trip coming up!

dreamer, I'm so glad your vacation went well! Sounded so nice! I am so sorry to hear about your b-i-l. Hopefully, he will get some encouraging news soon.

I had such a busy weekend. Errands on Saturday buying baby gifts, wedding shower gifts, exchanging a mirror for my bathroom remodeling project, groceries, and on and on.

Sunday I traveled to St.Louis chauffeuring my mother and aunt to a baby shower for my cousin. It was lots of fun seeing her and visiting with everyone, but a tiring drive. Part of the highway was closed down on the way back and we had to drive at least 20 miles out of our way with construction detour! :roll:

Then, as soon as I (finally) got home I had to go to the benefit for my hair dresser's little boy that has cancer. It was a wonderful turn out! I was shocked at the huge crowd and am so glad for them. He is doing well and should recover, but it will take about 2 years of treatments. A very long uphill battle for this young family.

I am always pretty busy at work the first couple weeks of the month. So, today it was start over and get ready to do it all again! :roll: But I do like my job and wouldn't trade it for anything. Unless I would happen to marry an Eagle or win the lottery! :wink: About as much of a chance of one of those happening as the other! :laugh:

Molly
03-03-2008, 06:18 PM
Hey, dreamer, glad you're back and that you had a wonderful time on your cruise.

I know how scary the news is about your brother-in-law. Try not to feel hopeless. Take a deep breath and dig down deep like I know you can and try to stay positive. There are so many variables with a diagnosis like that, it's way too soon to know exactly what they are facing. Take it one step at a time and keep the faith...that's all you can do.

Know that Steve and I are thinking about you and your family.

glenneaglesfan
03-03-2008, 07:55 PM
Dreamer, welcome back after your cruise, and glad you had a good time - we look forward to hearing a bit more about it. I'm so sorry to hear about your brother-in-law. If it's any consolation, the treatment for cancer of the kidney is very successful these days. I'll be sending positive thoughts over to you all.

EasyFeeling
03-04-2008, 06:18 AM
Dreamer, welcome back. :D I'm glad you had such a wonderful time. But coming back and getting such bad news, that's really sad. I'm sorry to hear about your brother-in-law. What about the other kidney? You can live with only one, right? Are they going to remove the afflicted kidney perhaps?

Mrs Frey
03-04-2008, 06:34 AM
Dreamer, I'm happy that you're back with us, and that you enjoyed your cruise, but I'm so so sorry that you have returned to such awful news. :( All I can say is I wish you all strength during this challenging time, and I hope with all my heart that the doctors will be able to help your brother-in-law. I wish cancer would just go away! :cry: It inflicts so much pain on so many people. I know I should take my own advice, but try and be positive and believe that your brother-in-law will pull through this. He needs to be positive too, as stress and cancer do not go together.

Of course, Dreamer, throughout all this, I wish you everything of the best in your work situation.

Dreamer, Brooke and Soda, thanks for your continued well wishes for my health. I'm doing a lot better today, although I'm still nasal and coughing a little. I'm hoping to have overcome this by the weekend. My biggest fear is that I'll contract bronchitis again.

Brooke, you've been very busy indeed, girl! Baby and wedding showers, long detours, and then you've been busy at work too! As long as you're happy, though, that's all that counts. I'm so happy that so many people turned out for your hairdresser's little son's cancer benefit. It's heart-warming to know that there are still so many caring people in the world.

03-04-2008, 11:37 AM
Thanks everyone for your words of encouragement. I really do appreciate it very much. My sister and brother-in-law met briefly with the doctor that will be treating him yesterday, however, they didn’t learn anything new. My b-i-l will have some tests run on 3/13 and will see this doctor again the following day. Meanwhile, there is nothing we can do but wait and hope. I will keep everyone posted, but again, thank you all for keeping us in your thoughts and prayers.

As far as my cruise, we took lots of pictures. It will be a while, but I’ll try to post some of them later.

Mrs Frey
03-05-2008, 06:51 AM
I look forward to seeing your photos, Dreamer. Keep your chin up, girl. :hug:

I'm feeling a lot better today, thank goodness. I seem to have got over the worst of the cold. I just have to take it easy, as the body is not ready for anything strenuous.

glenneaglesfan
03-07-2008, 12:30 PM
I'm glad you're feeling better, MF. :D

Dreamer, I hope your b-i-l gets a treatment plan drawn up quickly. Keep us in touch. We're all looking forward to your photos in due course.

I came back last night from a two day trip with my younger son to look at universities. We went to Swansea in South Wales first for an open day. It was near where my grandparents used to live, and I passed many familiar places with a feeling of nostalgia. We then moved on to Cardiff for an informal look around, and stayed the night in a hotel in the city centre. We had a meal at the Hard Rock Cafe there, bringing back happy memories from June 1006, and also walked around the Millennium Stadium, with more memories!

Next morning, we headed to Oxford, where Mark had an interview about a publishing course. Not the old university, but a former 'redbrick' college in the outskirts. I'd planned to leave time to explore Oxford, but we had both forgotten we'd be lugging our heavy bags around, so after a quick lunch we sat at the station reading for two hours to wait for our booked train seats. Mark managed to read the whole of George Orwell's 1984 during all our train trips, and I finished a lighter but very gripping book called The Island by Victoria Hislop.

A successful and exhausting couple of days, and useful. Mark's preference is Cardiff, but he was interested in the Oxford course as well.

sodascouts
03-07-2008, 01:12 PM
Ah yes, Cardiff! Happy memories!

I hope your son gets his first choice, but Oxford is nothing to sneeze at! ;) Good luck to him.

Molly
03-07-2008, 05:10 PM
Good luck to Mark, gef!! How exciting!

We've had some scary moments regarding the University that Peter attends in Milwaukee (Marquette). MU is located smack dab in the middle of downtown Milwaukee -very urban. The campus itself is usually fairly safe (a visible campus police presence)-but Milwaukee has gotten a bad reputation for high crime as of late.

Within the past week, there have been 2 incidents of students being forced into a van and held at gunpoint, taken to ATM machines (machines to access a bank account) and robbed. One young man was snatched off the sidewalk in front of 'O Donnell Hall which is the dormatory Peter lived in last year (and only 1 block away from his dorm this year). When the robbers didn't get much $$ from the students bank accounts, they threatened to make the students drive them to their parents houses so they could rob them. After driving around for an hour and beating and kicking the boys in the head every time they lifted their heads to look around, they let them both go.

This past Wednesday, 2 separate students were robbed at gunpoint while walking back to their dormatories.

Obviously, these stories scared the pants off of me. Peter, of course, being 20 years old and a football player, thinks he has nothing to worry about. No amount of size and muscle is a match for a loaded gun.

So, Peter has gotten the "please please be careful and smart" speech from me and the University has increased it's campus police presence even more. Hopefully, these are isolated incidents and these thugs will be caught soon.

Glennsallnighter
03-07-2008, 05:45 PM
GEF sounds like you had a very enjopyable if busy trip with Mark and it was lovely I'm sure to relive those old memories. Hopefully in the future when you see the O2 arena you will also have similar memories.

Have a relaxing weekend and enjoy the rugby!

Molly I hope your son and his fellow students remain safe over the next while on Campus and that there is no repeat of these awful incidents. Who do these thugs think they are to prey on youngsters like this.

sodascouts
03-07-2008, 06:19 PM
Oh, how scary Molly! Of course you're more worried than he is - that's your job as mom. ;) Hope he stays safe!

DonFan
03-07-2008, 06:33 PM
Molly, I know just how you feel--I felt the same way when they had the bomb scares at my daughter's college last Halloween.

GEF, your trip does sound wonderful. I have never been across the pond but it was lovely reading about it.

glenneaglesfan
03-08-2008, 07:29 AM
Thanks Df!

Molly, that is dreadful about the awful things happening to students. I hope and pray these thugs get caught before a shooting occurs. My thoughts go those terrified victims, and Peter and his friends. I know that feeling of invulnerability that our young men have - Phil is just the same, being built like a club bouncer, but all we can do is give our advice to stay safe.

03-08-2008, 04:25 PM
OMG Molly - That is very scary about what is happening on the Marquette campus. Like everyone, I hope they catch these crazy people soon. It is so true that young people think they are invincible. I don't know how we convince them otherwise except for letting life experiences teach them. I certainly remember being the same way when I was young. Geez - have things changed like ... TREMENDOUSLY. :wink:

DonFan
03-08-2008, 05:10 PM
I hate that our children are having to deal with issues like this while they are at college. I have great memories of my college years. We stayed up all night studying--or partying--but I don't ever remember worrying about bomb threats or random shootings.

Do you know what was happening on college campuses when I was a freshman?
STREAKING. :shock: :heybaby: :twisted:

Molly
03-09-2008, 09:45 AM
Thanks for the postive thoughts. Sadly, the city of Milwaukee, like many big cities in the U.S. have some areas of really high crime. Milwaukee also has some fantastic qualities which makes living there a really special thing.

Apparently, one of the young men from the van incident was arrested. Since I last posted, there have been two more armed robberies on the campus streets where the dorms are located. Another suspect was arrested Friday. Hopefully, the worst of this is over.

Peter lives on campus and works right in the heart of downtown. Sometimes I think he's a little too confident about his knowledge of the area after 2 years of living there. He's not at all scared or worried aout his own safety, which is precisely what makes me nervous. I'm glad he's confident -I just want him to be equally careful.

Dana, we had a streaker at one of Peter's high school football games a couple of years ago. :shock: I couldn't believe it! I didn't know it still existed. Talk about confidence!

sodascouts
03-09-2008, 04:44 PM
One of my friends attends the University of North Carolina. Her student body president was just shot and killed last Wednesday a mile from campus, apparently a victim of a random shooting. She had been studying late and was going between her home and campus, they believe. It's happening all over. :(