PDA

View Full Version : Hair today, gone tomorrow

Molly
05-14-2008, 05:05 PM
I'm appreciating today the fact that our beloved Eagles haven't turned into the "Bald Eagles" -especially Glenn with that lovely head of hair we comment on frequently.

Here's what it looks like when the opposite happens:

A friend took this picture of Robin Zander at a concert we attended in 1981. Note the glorious mane:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y137/mollycinder/robin1.jpg

This picture was in our local newspaper this morning, and it made me nearly spew my raisin bran: :shock: :shock: :shock:
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y137/mollycinder/cheaptrick_051408_big.jpg
A moment of silence for the loss of Robin's hair. :cry:

Mrs Frey
05-15-2008, 02:42 AM
It must be especially sad for the men who lose their hair, and the age at which they lose it seems to be getting younger and younger these days. :shock: The Eagles are indeed fortunate to have hung onto their hair - and Glenn :heart: does indeed have a fantastic head of hair.

I had to laugh at your thread title, Molly - that's exactly what Elvis told the media after his first army haircut! :lol: Now there was another gentleman with amazing hair :nod:, and who probably would still have had it all today had he been with us.

Brooke
05-15-2008, 09:47 AM
Too funny!

I'm glad too that the Eagles seem to have kept most of their hair.

I was just wondering about this yesterday (lol!) since I had recently read about Brett Michaels (Poison) having hair extensions. He said that for his reality show Rock of Love, that he wanted to do some filming without the bandana, but the director said he needed to wear it most of the time cause it was his "image". I had wondered about him, but I did manage to catch a short clip of him without the bandana and he looked good. He said he had had some of the finest European hair extensions and implants. At least he was honest about it.

Do you think any of the guys have had any implants or extensions? :twisted:

Ive always been a dreamer
05-15-2008, 10:32 AM
This is too funny. Okay Molly - I observed a moment of silence for Robin's hair loss. That really is too bad, isn't it. :wink:

As far as the Eagles, my bet is that none of them have had hair extensions, but you never know. I could see Tim doing that if necessary, but his hair still seems to be pretty thick. As previously noted, Glenn seems to have a full compliment of healthy hair. Joe and Don seem to both have thinner hair. However, wearing the longer styles seems to do a good job of taking care of any 'sins' that they may hiding.

tbs fanatic
05-15-2008, 11:08 AM
Oh that's funny. :D Don is losing his hair a bit isn't he? (sorry Don fans) I can see them doing something about that in the end, except maybe Joe :?

glenneaglesfan
05-15-2008, 11:53 AM
Very funny, Molly! (And I don't even know who this man is :blush: )

I think our Eagles have aged very well, lucky them!

What do you all think about men who are thinning a bit? I quite like the very short shaved look, such as Phil Collins. Maybe it's because of a hairdressing calamity in our household earlier in the year, when hubby tried to clip his own hair and the comb fell off, leaving a carved swathe across the back of his head!! There was only one thing to do, and that was to shave it all off! :twisted: He reaped the benefits, as all the girls at his work had to give him head rubs! It's now back to its normal length, and as he has nice hair, I prefer it. I'm not letting him near the clippers again.

Molly
05-15-2008, 04:13 PM
Very funny, Molly! (And I don't even know who this man is :blush: )

I think our Eagles have aged very well, lucky them!

What do you all think about men who are thinning a bit? I quite like the very short shaved look, such as Phil Collins. Maybe it's because of a hairdressing calamity in our household earlier in the year, when hubby tried to clip his own hair and the comb fell off, leaving a carved swathe across the back of his head!! There was only one thing to do, and that was to shave it all off! :twisted: He reaped the benefits, as all the girls at his work had to give him head rubs! It's now back to its normal length, and as he has nice hair, I prefer it. I'm not letting him near the clippers again.

gef-Robin is the lead singer of the band, Cheap Trick. Cheap Trick is (as my hubby calls them), my "other favorite band".

My husband is getting very close to needing to do the "very close shave" thing. His hair loss is on the very top of his head and he's a foot taller than I am, so I don't notice it on a daily basis. Then he'll bend over and I gasp! :shock: :shock:

On the subject, I remember hearing this joke:

Men who lose hair in the front are great thinkers.
Men who lose hair on the top/back of their heads are great lovers.
And men who lose hair both places think they are great lovers. :wink:

Glennsallnighter
05-15-2008, 06:16 PM
On the subject, I remember hearing this joke:

Men who lose hair in the front are great thinkers.
Men who lose hair on the top/back of their heads are great lovers.
And men who lose hair both places think they are great lovers. :wink:

:hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious:

Brooke
05-15-2008, 06:20 PM
I have heard that one, too, Molly! :lol: