PDA

View Full Version : Newark, NJ 5-25-08

carol7lynn
05-26-2008, 09:51 PM
Thanks to Becca for the best M&G that I have ever been to. Perfecto! ILAA could take a few pointers from her on how to run a well organized VIP fan event that's for sure.

And, also, thanks to Joe for taking the time to personally meet with us, share his thoughts, answer our questions and sign our pictures. But the best part for me was sharing a peck on the cheek :shock: with the magic man himself. Joe sure knows how to treat his fans right. He not only saw to it that we had drinks and muchies but he also gave everyone a LROOE Tour 2008 ball-cap, a tour wrist band and a Joe Walsh 2k8 guitar pick. After the show one of the roadies gave me one of Timothy's new LROOE 2008 blue guitar picks. Timmy didn't hand any out during the show for some odd reason. But, all in all, I had one stellar night. Like I said, I think it was Karma. Thanks ILAA for screwing me over at Indio otherwise I might never have had the best Eagles experience of my life last night.

The concert was like one big frat party and shouts of Jersey Joe and Montclair High School resounded through-out the arena. Henley had a smile as big as Texas and thanked the crowd for inviting the band to "your party."

Henley got so into it that he pulled a Glenn Frey, spewing spittle all over his face which he gleefully whiped off with the back of his left hand as he turned to Walsh signaling him to 'take it to the limit one more time.' Joe of course willingly complied bringing down the house for the umpteenth time leaving us breathless, bedazzled and bewitched!

The band did two encores and gave us three solid hours of music that took us on a magical mystery tour down dark desert highways inhabited by Witchy Women with Lying Eyes sometimes Taking It Easy sometimes Taking It To the Limit on The Long Road Out of Eden. Their vocals were spot-on perfect, their moves refreshingly spontaneous, and every crystal-clear note a timeless expression of the muse within the spirt that is the Eagles.

I didn't take any pictures. Sorry but front row does have its price. I had a security guard and Don Henley looking right at me most of the night. I wasn't about to press my luck.

Two thumbs up!

Carol-Lynn 8)
SoCalGalNow

Share1967
05-26-2008, 10:06 PM
Meet and greet with Joe and front row concert!! WOW! Lucky lucky you. Glad you had a gret time. :D

carol7lynn
05-26-2008, 10:26 PM
I know. The craziest thing was how the kiss came about. It sure left me mystified.

I was the last one in line and Joe came up to me, looked into my eyes, smiled, said hello and without any preamble, leaned into me and the next thing that I knew we were pecking each other on the cheek. It was very magical and left me wondering why me? He didn't kiss anyone else although he did hug a few other fans including one guy who was almost in tears talking to Joe. Don't know what that was all about. Some of the other fans got bitchy about it later but I could care less. I've seen it happen to other fans who get attention from stars at shows whether it's the Eagles or not. I'm sure I will be gossiped about by these same ladies but who cares.

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGalNOw 8)

Ive always been a dreamer
05-26-2008, 11:08 PM
Wow - Carol-Lynn. Sounds like you had the time of your life. Good for you. And I can vouch for you - getting a kiss on the cheek from an Eagle is an awesome, surreal experience, isn't it!!!! :nod: :nod: :nod:

Mrs Frey
05-27-2008, 02:37 AM
WOW, WOW, WOW C7L!!! :shock: :D :D :D

Firstly, thanks for your awesome review - you write like an old pro', girl! :nod:

How wonderful that Joe kissed you - oh, be still my heart! My love for Joe is growing by the minute! :shock: :heart: I suppose the man talking to Joe was probably just overwhelmed in his presence. I can understand how he feels...

AND you had Don in front of you all night! Sigh...

You didn't need to take any pictures - your review conjures up all sorts of images in my head. Oh, I'm so happy for you! :D

Dreamer, I'm not sure of whom I am more jealous - you or C7L for the kisses you got! I'll admit that I'm probably more jealous of you, with Glenn :heart: kissing you and all! :fainted:

carol7lynn
05-27-2008, 09:22 AM
Thanks for the compliment Mrs. Frey. I've been writing since I was a kid and at one time, years ago, I used to write free-lance concert reviews for our local paper. That was when I was decades younger fired up with the false bravado of youth. Oh, well down the road not taken are the dreams we've forsaken......Hope I can get back on track again now that I'm close to retiring and will have more time to write. Thanks again! You're too generous. But I love it!

And, Dreamer, I bet you can still feel the kiss too! WhooHoo. Joe is fast becoming my favorite too.

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGalNow 8)

TimothyBFan
05-27-2008, 09:32 AM
How cool Carol!! I personally hope everyone that was grumbling about the attention you received are gossiping and still talking about it, they are just :jealous: !! The memory will be with you forever!!!

Brooke
05-27-2008, 11:19 AM
The band did two encores and gave us three solid hours of music that took us on a magical mystery tour down dark desert highways inhabited by Witchy Women with Lying Eyes sometimes Taking It Easy sometimes Taking It To the Limit on The Long Road Out of Eden.

Ha! I love it! Thanks C7L for an awesome review! :thumbsup:

Front row center with Don or any of them in front of you had to be heaven! :fainting:

sodascouts
05-27-2008, 05:16 PM
Dang, what an experience!!! Thanks for sharing the details with us. I bet it'll take you a LONG time to come down from that one!

carol7lynn
05-27-2008, 07:43 PM
Nancy,

Next week at this time you'll be reporting on your own Eagles experience. My high is pretty well leveled off. Anxiously await your review of the Hard Rock Park concert to re-inflate me! Take plenty of pics!

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGalNow 8)

Freypower
05-27-2008, 08:36 PM
Thank you for sharing your review with us, Carol-Lynn. We appreciate it.

Mrs Frey
05-28-2008, 03:29 AM
Thanks for the compliment Mrs. Frey. I've been writing since I was a kid and at one time, years ago, I used to write free-lance concert reviews for our local paper. That was when I was decades younger fired up with the false bravado of youth. Oh, well down the road not taken are the dreams we've forsaken......Hope I can get back on track again now that I'm close to retiring and will have more time to write. Thanks again! You're too generous. But I love it!

It's a pleasure, C7L. I'm not surprised that you have writing experience. It shows in the way you write. Keep entertaining us with your talents, girl! :D

JoeFan
05-30-2008, 03:56 AM
A KISS Carol7Lynn? I'm so jealous!

Mrs Henley
05-30-2008, 03:59 AM
I know. The craziest thing was how the kiss came about. It sure left me mystified.

I was the last one in line and Joe came up to me, looked into my eyes, smiled, said hello and without any preamble, leaned into me and the next thing that I knew we were pecking each other on the cheek. It was very magical and left me wondering why me? He didn't kiss anyone else although he did hug a few other fans including one guy who was almost in tears talking to Joe. Don't know what that was all about. Some of the other fans got bitchy about it later but I could care less. I've seen it happen to other fans who get attention from stars at shows whether it's the Eagles or not. I'm sure I will be gossiped about by these same ladies but who cares.

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGalNOw 8)

Omg that's so cool!!

StephUK
06-21-2008, 09:49 AM
Found this link to Newark photos. There are over 100 photos here, and they're well work a look. They can also be downloaded in different sizes.
Enjoy.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kadath/2556905617/in/set-72157605471814638/

Hope the link works!

LOL
Steph

sodascouts
06-21-2008, 10:41 AM
Thanks for the link - lots of nice backdrop photos!

Glennsallnighter
06-21-2008, 05:31 PM
Yes and some lovely group pics as well. Thanks!

Kadath
06-22-2008, 05:39 AM
Found this link to Newark photos. There are over 100 photos here, and they're well work a look. They can also be downloaded in different sizes.
Enjoy.

Link removed cause of forum rules =)

Thank you for the link and the kind words, I really appreciate the traffic! Please be my guest to use this pics however you like barring commercial use, as those are not allowed per the Creative Commons license that I have put them under or my understanding of the rules as posted by the Prudential Center. I wasn't sure if I would be allowed to take pictures or not that night, but a call to security was all it took and I was given approval so long as no commercial use would result. I took over 800 pictures and those on my flickr set were the best I could come up with.

I actually don't get a lot of hits on my pictures, you guys more than quadrupled what I normally get, per day, and it was only because of the awesome stat tracking info that Flickr provides that I was able to see where the traffic was coming from. =)

I gotta say that the Eagles sounded really tight and fantastic, as good as when I saw them at Coninental for the Farewell 1 tour. I dont know if was my seat or not but I wasn't really impressed with the acoustics there tho, I dont know if it did the band justice.

One last thing, I gotta say how stoked I am using the Nikon D300 and 18-200Vr lens. If you are in the market for a DSLR, please check it out, the results speak for themselves. If you know anything about digital photography you know that in low light noise is a major issue, and I was absolutely floored at how little noise there was in these shots and how remarkably well Adobe Lightroom smoothed out what little was there, and most were shot at ISO 3200 with a few at 6400.

Finally, I know this is a Glen Frey site, but JOE WALSH FOR PRESIDENT! =)

Sam from navesink dot net

glenneaglesfan
06-22-2008, 05:59 AM
Hi Sam, and welcome to the Border! It's really nice of you to let us view your photos. I was very impressed by the quality and sharpness. That's interesting that you found this site from the Flickr stats - shows how enthusiastic we Eagles fans are when it comes to new pics!

Kadath
06-22-2008, 06:12 AM
Absolutely my pleasure. I was happy to be allowed to shoot there (the rules werent exactly clear, but security was a big help!) and even more happy to share what I got. The night was a big learning experience, I experimented quite a bit and wasn't expecting a whole lot given that I was about as far away as you can get from the stage. Many of the pictures are cropped a bit, and the strong spot lights blow out a bit of detail on many of them, but I think I was able to capture well what I experienced and inexpensive consumer quality lens used in these shots actually give a lot better look at the band than my naked eyes could.

Brooke
06-22-2008, 11:09 AM
Welcome Sam!

Thanks so much for letting us view your pictures! They are just wonderful! :D

Glennsallnighter
06-22-2008, 05:07 PM
Thank you Sam. Your pics were lovely. So clear. I'd love to get a camera like you recommend. Maybe next time I'm due an upgrade :wink:

And welcome!

sodascouts
06-22-2008, 06:13 PM
Yes, welcome, Sam! You are quite a photographer.

Kadath
06-23-2008, 01:01 AM
Again, many thanks for the positive feedback and the warm welcome. I am happy others have found these shots enjoyable!

Sam

StephUK
06-23-2008, 12:27 PM
Sam,

I found you link and posted it here as I knew that others on 'The Border' would like your photo's. I'm glad that you're happy about me posting it. Your photo's are great.

Steph

Perfect Little Sister
06-24-2008, 05:59 PM
Sam your pictures are amazing. If you don't mind my asking, what equipment were you using? Thank you so much for sharing those with us.

Kadath
06-25-2008, 10:32 AM
I used a Nikon D300 and the high end 'kit' lens, the 18-200VR. Was at the 200 end of it for most of the shots. No flash =) Most shots were at ISO 3200 give or take a bit, and I edited with Adobe Lightroom, doing minor level adjustments, color balance, cropping and a few straightenings, that was about it for pixel wrangling.

Sam

Glennsallnighter
06-25-2008, 04:19 PM
Do you mind me asking Sam, are you a professional photographer? Because if not you are one dedicated lady! Although it obviously pays off when you can get images as fine as those posted.

Steph, LOVE the av!

freyfantastic61
07-08-2008, 01:51 PM
:D Hi Sam only just found your photo's-they are all brilliant!Thanku 4 sharing luv FF61