PDA

View Full Version : Album credits

rcknalwys
05-28-2008, 11:04 AM
I'm not sure if this has been posted elsewhere so if it has, I've overlooked it. I am replacing my lp collection of the Eagles and just got the Greatest Hits Vol 2. I was checking out the cover and noticed the credits on the back. Every one is listed except Don Felder and Bernie Leadon. Thought that was interesting, but what really caught my eye was having both Timothy and Randy listed on the same album. Since I don't have the cd, I was wondering if that's the way it's listed there or is this just on the lp?

sodascouts
05-28-2008, 02:27 PM
Not sure about that because I sold my Eagles Greatest Hits CDs when I bought the Very Best of the Eagles. I guess they left Bernie off because he didn't contribute to the writing or vocals of any of the songs on Volume 2, but why leave off Felder?!

Ive always been a dreamer
05-28-2008, 10:10 PM
Becky, I just checked out my Greatest Hits, Volume 2 CD. On my CD, none of the band members are listed on the back. There is an insert though and all of the Eagles are listed except for Bernie. Bernie doesn't appear on any of the songs on this CD. The songs that Randy appears on have one asterisk beside them and the one's that Tim appears on have two asterisks. Felder has songwriting credits for Hotel California and Victim of Love and is listed first on both songs. In addition, the third page of the insert has the band members listed alphabetically as follows:

The Eagles are:
Don Felder Glenn Frey Don Henley
*Randy Meisner **Timothy B. Schmit Joe Walsh

rcknalwys
05-29-2008, 12:13 PM
Thanks for the info. So weird that they are so different. My album doesn't have anything inside. Another odd tidbit, the Eagles, their first album, seems to have 2 versions, one is just the standard form and the other one is a gatefold type. Has a very cool pic of the guys inside a cave by firelight.

glenneaglesfan
05-29-2008, 05:28 PM
rckn, I've noticed that about the first album. I've had this as an album since the late 70s, with the standard cover and a photo of the boys on the back. (Back then, Bernie would have been the one to draw my attention. :blush: Glenn was having a bad hair day!) When I updated to cds last year, I bought the mini LPs and Eagles was in a gatefold version, with that fireside picture in the middle. I'll add that the other mini LP versions have reproduced the posters that came with On The Border and Hotel California