PDA

View Full Version : Don: "I don't want to rust."

DonFan
06-21-2008, 08:44 AM
This is a wonderful interview with Don in Spinner magazine. Some material is familiar from other interviews, but he offers some quotes I have never read before, including calling Waiting in the Weeds "the world's only horticultural love song." I love it! Enjoy:

Plainspoken Don Henley Is Humble About Eagles' Continued Success (http://www.spinner.com/2008/06/20/plainspoken-don-henley-is-humble-about-eagles-continued-success/)
SPINNER--Jun 20th 2008 6:00PM by Steve Baltin

Brooke
06-21-2008, 10:01 AM
That's a great article! Thanks DF!

I do remember Don commenting about WITW back in one of the first radio interviews for LROOE and saying something about it being a "horticultural love song". I though it very funny back then. :D

sodascouts
06-21-2008, 10:32 AM
I love it! What an interesting read! And Don is right about WITW - it does stand up with anything they've done. I adore that song.

rcknalwys
06-21-2008, 01:10 PM
What a great read, thanks for posting that. I think it's one of the better interviews I've read. I totally agree that WITW stands up to their other work.

Glennsallnighter
06-21-2008, 05:44 PM
Thats a great interview with Don, and I agree too that WITW does indeed stand up with everything else they've done. I'd say it will definitely pass the test of time. Both the lyrics and the harmonies are lovely and the song just flows. We love it here!

Freypower
06-21-2008, 06:50 PM
I'll just be contrary and add Neil Young's Harvest to the horticultural love songs theme.

I understand Don is more likely to be asked about and tallk about his own Eagles and solo songs. I wish occasionally he would give a mention to songs sung by the other members. This is not a criticism. I'd just like to know what he thinks of other Eagles songs (apart from the ones he thinks should not have been on LROOE).

Brooke
06-22-2008, 11:11 AM
I agree, Fp. It would be nice to hear some comments from Don about some of the others songs.

DonFan
06-22-2008, 04:31 PM
I'll just be contrary and add Neil Young's Harvest to the horticultural love songs theme.

I understand Don is more likely to be asked about and tallk about his own Eagles and solo songs. I wish occasionally he would give a mention to songs sung by the other members. This is not a criticism. I'd just like to know what he thinks of other Eagles songs (apart from the ones he thinks should not have been on LROOE).

This is not a criticism? Could've fooled me.

I'll just be contrary here too, then, and say that I wish occasionally you would refrain from making posts that sound like criticism whenever I post an interview with Don that, in your opinion, doesn't give the other Eagles their due.

Ive always been a dreamer
06-22-2008, 11:22 PM
Thanks from me, too DF. I liked that review, especially when Don said he doesn't want to rust. I can so relate to that!!!! :wink: