PDA

View Full Version : Living in a bubble ... an Eagles fan w/out knowing

luvthelighthouse
07-08-2008, 12:00 AM
As I'm surfing youtube, I come across... The One You Love, by Glenn Frey. HELLO!!!! Have I been living in a bubble all these years??? :shock: Not only had I forgotten about this song (Which I LOVED back in the day)... but I had no clue it was Glenn!!! I would listen to it over and over and over... I remember taping it off the radio.

Also, my favorite song for as long as I can remember has been Lyin' Eyes. I didn't even know it was the Eagles until 10 or so years ago. Again, bubble!

I remember being a young girl and hearing I Can't Tell You Why. I had zero clue who the Eagles were, but every time I hear that song, it takes me back to my youth...in my parent's living room. Timothy's voice is just amazing, and I've always loved it.

I was again, a young girl... and I stayed home sick from school. Dirty Laundry had just come out. The radio station must have played it at least ten times that day. Even in my sick state, I recall jumping on the coffee table and singing along w/it. :blush:

It seems to me, I loved all their songs as a young kid growing up... I just didn't "know" it was them.

I guess it's safe to say I was a fan before I knew I was fan.

However, is it strange to say, while I love all the works by the Eagles... it wasn't until this year I could listen to Desporado and Witchy Woman. I just never cared for them. They've grown on me, but still, they are the ones I tend to skip over when listening to my CD. Also, Hotel California... yeah, I could take it or leave it. Strange, eh? I mean, those are so popular, yet the mean nothing to me. :headscratch:

Here's a funny... whenever I hear Peaceful Easy Feeling... I always say outloud, "I just know Glenn would sing this song to me". :rofl: I guess I just WISH he's sing it to me. I always wear long dangling earrings, and of course, I always sing, "the way your sparkling earring sway" ... ah... I guess I've always been a dreamer! :P

Mrs Frey
07-08-2008, 02:41 AM
I really enjoyed this post, LTLH! I was probably an Eagles fan without knowing it myself, although to a lesser extent than you. I remember always liking "Take It Easy", "Lyin' Eyes", "Hotel California", "New Kid In Town" and "Heartache Tonight", but not really having much of an idea who the Eagles were or what they looked like. I remember, as a 13-year-old, taping NKIT off the radio, just because I really liked the sound of it. I had no idea it was the Eagles, or who Glenn :heart: Frey was. That's my earliest Eagles memory. I don't recall hearing their solo music on the radio, except for maybe "The Heat Is On", "You Belong To The City", "True Love" and "This Way To Happiness", but sadly I didn't pay a lot of attention. It's probably because I never saw Glenn :heart: on television, or didn't hear his songs enough. It's probably also because as a child in the '80s, I was heavily into '50s rock 'n roll, and Elvis Presley was the centre of my universe, so I pretty much passed over everything else! When I heard the Glenn :heart: songs again after making a point of getting hold of his solo music, I remember saying to myself, "I know that! And that too!" all the time. I really regret the time that I wasted!

When I first got involved in bands in 2002, one of the guitarists, who is now one of my closest friends and plays lead guitar in our current (and hopefully long term) band, asked me if I knew "Hotel California". I told him I knew it, but couldn't sing it as I didn't know all the words. As we were packing up that late afternoon, I remember trying to sing it, and I surprised myself by being able to sing quite a bit of it! :shock: I remarked to another band member, "I suppose I know that song better than I thought!"

Mrs Henley
07-08-2008, 07:37 AM
Great post LTLH! :D

sodascouts
07-08-2008, 12:18 PM
I also had heard a lot of Eagles songs without realizing it was them. I recognized the names Glenn Frey and Don Henley from their big hits 1984+, but I wasn't allowed to listen to rock music before then and so I didn't know any of the prior solo songs. I only knew some of the Eagles music because it would occasionally get played on the "Best of the 70s, 80s, and 90s" station I started to listen to when I was in high school. I didn't know the tunes were by the Eagles anyway. It was only watching Hell Freezes Over, and then subsequently buying the Greatest Hits (both volumes) that I found out they did several songs I knew.

My how things have changed!

Ive always been a dreamer
07-08-2008, 12:25 PM
Unfortunately, none of these posts describe me because I am OLD! As most of you know, I was there to see "how it all started". :D :D :D

Mrs Henley
07-08-2008, 02:02 PM
That doesn't say you're old ;)

But that's amazing :D Just from the begin days till the days they will end (I hope that they won't stop!)

Brooke
07-08-2008, 03:50 PM
Unfortunately, none of these posts describe me because I am OLD! As most of you know, I was there to see "how it all started". :D :D :D

And I'm right there with ya, dreamer! :roll: :lol:

luvthelighthouse
07-08-2008, 03:58 PM
Dreamer and Brooke... all I can say is that you two are LUCKY! You have all the first hand knowledge of the reality of how things really were... I just have articles to read.

:cry:

Mrs Henley
07-08-2008, 04:07 PM
Yeh me too :(

Brooke
07-08-2008, 04:30 PM
Well, ladies, I've read most of what I know, too. Yes, I was there when all the music was released to radio or albums, but not THERE, if you know what I mean.

Now, if I'd had the luck to have gotten one of those 3E pins at the concert I went to in 1977ish.......well, then I might know LOTS more! :wink: But I reconcile myself in knowing that the bands buddies never made it to the nosebleed sections with those coveted trinkets! :roll: :twisted:

Mrs Frey
07-09-2008, 02:29 AM
Now, if I'd had the luck to have gotten one of those 3E pins at the concert I went to in 1977ish.......well, then I might know LOTS more! :wink:

Brooke, you BAD girl! :wink: :lol:

TimothyBFan
07-09-2008, 07:35 AM

And I'm right there with ya, dreamer! :roll: :lol:

Me too-and I can still remember it!!

Brooke
07-09-2008, 09:32 AM
Now, if I'd had the luck to have gotten one of those 3E pins at the concert I went to in 1977ish.......well, then I might know LOTS more! :wink:

I just couldn't help it, Mrs F!

Btw, I HAVE had a few dreams about getting one of those pins though. :heybaby:

DonFan
07-09-2008, 09:40 AM

I just couldn't help it, Mrs F!

Btw, I HAVE had a few dreams about getting one of those pins though. :heybaby:

Me too. :twisted:

luvthelighthouse
07-09-2008, 09:44 AM
Okay... all this 3E talk has got me to thinking...

If given the chance today, would any of you take up a 3E offer for tonight? No excuses or explainations... just a simple yes or no will do...

For me, I dunno... I mean, I'm married... but no matter what, he's still Glenn Frey, KWIM? He's older than my mom... but he's still Glenn Frey...

Oh, this one is tough... maybe! Yes, maybe is my best answer. :blush:

DonFan
07-09-2008, 09:52 AM
If given the chance today, would any of you take up a 3E offer for tonight? No excuses or explainations... just a simple yes or no will do...

I am unable to respond to that question on the grounds that the answer would incriminate me! :twisted:

07-09-2008, 09:57 AM

I am unable to respond to that question on the grounds that the answer would incriminate me! :twisted:

Ditto!!! :twisted:

Mrs Frey
07-09-2008, 10:10 AM

For me, I dunno... I mean, I'm married... but no matter what, he's still Glenn Frey, KWIM? He's older than my mom... but he's still Glenn Frey...

:blush: :blush: :blush: This is a tough one, LTLH. I'm a single girl, and Glenn :heart: is 28 years older than me, but hang, I'm not sure I would turn down any offer from him! :blush: :blush: :blush:

Firstly, he would have to be unmarried... :wink: Yes... yes... I would consider it... :twisted: :wink:

I'm BAD, but it's all Glenn's :heart: fault! :nod: :wink:

TimothyBFan
07-09-2008, 10:11 AM

I'm not afraid of incriminating myself! Do you really need to ask? Remember what my husband said when I was wondering out loud what hotel they would be staying in? I guess there is really no question to what my answer would be-and my husband is aware of it! Again, proof of what kind of great guy he is. :rofl: LOL!

luvthelighthouse
07-09-2008, 10:12 AM
Okay, so that's two yes's and a maybe (aka, hell yes) :twisted:

oops... posted that before the others answered.

What the heck... we are all groupie want to be's... and I'm okay w/that! HA! :P

DonFan
07-09-2008, 10:16 AM
I'm not afraid of incriminating myself! Do you really need to ask? Remember what my husband said when I was wondering out loud what hotel they would be staying in? I guess there is really no question to what my answer would be-and my husband is aware of it! Again, proof of what kind of great guy he is. :rofl: LOL!

Wille, that man IS one in a million! My real answer would've been something like, Hell yes, if I was out of town and there was no way my hubby would ever find out! :wink:

Mrs Frey
07-09-2008, 10:18 AM
:lol: You girls are funny!

TimothyBFan
07-09-2008, 10:21 AM

Wille, that man IS one in a million! My real answer would've been something like, Hell yes, if I was out of town and there was no way my hubby would ever find out! :wink:

Just remember this is all "make believe" and if it really came down to it-I know I wouldn't be able to do it but I sure don't mind thinking about it!!D*mn the proper upbringing I was raised with. :wink:

rcknalwys
07-09-2008, 10:32 AM
No SO to worry about on my end, and if there was no SO on the other end, I'd DEFINITELY be there!

sodascouts
07-09-2008, 10:49 AM

No. Obviously he's sexy as hell but one must resist temptation when they are married!

DonFan
07-09-2008, 10:58 AM
That is exactly why this is a "make believe" discussion. :wink:

luvthelighthouse
07-09-2008, 10:59 AM
These answers are just way too political!

Lets face it... Eagle of your choice is standing in your personal space telling you how he'd like a night with you ... the whole time you feel his breath on your face... his hand on the small of your back. You are taking in his body heat, he leans in to whisper in your ear that he has a nice hotel suite, and his hair brushes your face...

Say no to that! HA! :twisted:

Mrs Henley
07-09-2008, 11:00 AM

Lets face it... Eagle of your choice is standing in your personal space telling you how he'd like a night with you ... the whole time you feel his breath on your face... his hand on the small of your back. You are taking in his body heat, he leans in to whisper in your ear that he has a nice hotel suite, and his hair brushes your face...

Oh My....: :inlove:
You can't say no to that! Never!

TimothyBFan
07-09-2008, 12:56 PM

Truly, I like to think I would bow out at that point but one never knows and lets face it, the above will never happen so I will never know. Thanks for painting that picture tho :fainting: I do know this for a fact--25 years ago there would have been no if ands or buts about it--I would have been in that hotel suite with any or all of them in a flash!!

I do have 1 question tho LTLH, are you married? Just curious.

luvthelighthouse
07-09-2008, 01:14 PM
Yes, I'm married. I would LOVE to believe I would take the high road and bow out. (Which is probably the reality)... but... they are Gods ya know? LOL

I've been tempted in the past by real live men (ha ha)... and they are easy to brush off. I'm married and very true to my vows. I do not condone cheating at all.

However, lets face it, we all have "our list" of the unattainable men we want. Just like men have that list of unattainable women. I doubt I could go through w/it... but would it be bad to "play" a bit before turning down the actual deed? :blush:

TimothyBFan
07-09-2008, 01:17 PM
Yes, I'm married. I would LOVE to believe I would take the high road and bow out. (Which is probably the reality)... but... they are Gods ya know? LOL

I've been tempted in the past by real live men (ha ha)... and they are easy to brush off. I'm married and very true to my vows. I do not condone cheating at all.

However, lets face it, we all have "our list" of the unattainable men we want. Just like men have that list of unattainable women. I doubt I could go through w/it... but would it be bad to "play" a bit before turning down the actual deed? :blush:

Well stated!!

Brooke
07-09-2008, 04:07 PM
Well, first I thought I'd have to take the 5th, as dreamer and DF did, but after all the discussion .......hmmmmmm

I remember telling my husband back when I got to meet Don that if he asked me, I would probably fly away with him and I would call hubby and let him know. We both laughed, but we both knew that yup, given the chance, I'd be gone! Now, we both also knew that it wouldn't happen!

And when it came right down to it, I probably wouldn't do it. Geez, I've been married for nearly 34 years!

But I'd like to think I would! :roll:

Mrs Henley
07-09-2008, 04:17 PM
Haha!! You're a good girl Brooke!

I think that if Don should asked, I went with him to his hotel suite..hell I'm just 16, I don't have the permission to do it..Oh whatever!

Glennsallnighter
07-09-2008, 06:39 PM

Well I'm going against the grain here. After all its only pure fantasy.

I'd say................ YES!

I genuinely don't think I'd be able to resist Glenn :heart: in that situation! I have to be honest! He is the ONLY person in this world that I would go with.

sodascouts
07-09-2008, 06:44 PM

Dang girl, you should be writing romance novels. :: fans self ::

Freypower
07-09-2008, 07:29 PM

Before 1993 the answer would have been yes. Now Ijust have pleasant thoughts about such an occurrence. I'd be happy just to meet the guy for five minutes.

Brooke
07-09-2008, 08:15 PM
Oh, now, Fp, if you're going to dream, DREAM BIG!

As Ga said, it's only fantasy! :twisted:

luvthelighthouse
07-09-2008, 09:38 PM
I sit here poundering... what is it about a man 22 years my senior that makes my heart go pitter patter?

Honestly, I have a thing for men who can sing! I like to have drink or two at concerts... one time, I went to see Aerosmith and I was just heading out to grab a beer... then Steven Tyler walked on stage... I froze and didn't move until the concert was over. That man mesmorized me. I can only imagine how I'd be if I saw Glenn.

Although... I'm up for pretty much any musician... I mean, Hello Tommy Lee! :shock:

I'm telling you all... I missed my true calling as a groupie! :P

luvthelighthouse
07-09-2008, 09:46 PM
"No. Obviously he's sexy as hell but one must resist temptation when they are married![/quote]" - From Soda

Yeah... right... :roll: This from the woman who travels FAR and WIDE to see the man. Heck, you hop on planes, drive the distance... :P

I dunno... I think a little hint of nookie from Glenn would send you into a tailspin! If Glenn approached you for a night of steamy passion... oh girl, you wouldn't be able to hold yourself back! Dang, a police braggade couldn't hold you back. Just hear the words... "Nancy, I'm so glad to see you again. Would you like to accompany me back to my hotel? (whisper) It'll be our little secret" :twisted: Oh girl, you can't even read this w/out wanting more! LOL :wink:

sodascouts
07-09-2008, 10:16 PM
No. Obviously he's sexy as hell but one must resist temptation when they are married!

Yeah... right... :roll: This from the woman who travels FAR and WIDE to see the man. Heck, you hop on planes, drive the distance... :P

I dunno... I think a little hint of nookie from Glenn would send you into a tailspin! If Glenn approached you for a night of steamy passion... oh girl, you wouldn't be able to hold yourself back! Dang, a police braggade couldn't hold you back. Just hear the words... "Nancy, I'm so glad to see you again. Would you like to accompany me back to my hotel? (whisper) It'll be our little secret" :twisted: Oh girl, you can't even read this w/out wanting more! LOL :wink:

I don't see the equivalence between traveling to see shows and secretly wanting to go to bed with the guy.

I go to shows because I love his music and it's a real treat to see him live. He's one of the VERY few musicians who I like well enough to make a cross-country trip in order to see them perform. Stevie Nicks is another one... and I can assure you I'd turn her down, too. ;)

Take my word for it. :)

luvthelighthouse
07-09-2008, 10:30 PM
I'm just teasing you!!!! :P

sodascouts
07-09-2008, 10:49 PM
I'm just teasing you!!!! :P

No problem. This topic is all in fun, after all. :)

Glennsallnighter
07-10-2008, 06:51 AM
I sit here poundering... what is it about a man 22 years my senior that makes my heart go pitter patter?

Honestly, I have a thing for men who can sing! I like to have drink or two at concerts... one time, I went to see Aerosmith and I was just heading out to grab a beer... then Steven Tyler walked on stage... I froze and didn't move until the concert was over. That man mesmorized me. I can only imagine how I'd be if I saw Glenn.

Although... I'm up for pretty much any musician... I mean, Hello Tommy Lee! :shock:

LTL that is EXACTLY how I felt the night Glenn :heart: walked out on the stage and into my heart in Dublin 2 years ago. Since I met my husband I had NEVER looked at another man that way until then (although again, it wasn't that it wasn't on offer :wink: ) He even used to tease me by saying things like 'Surely any woman would find ..... attractive'. So you can IMAGINE how I felt. It was like time stopped, and there was just Glenn :heart: and me in the stadium and no one else. Silly really looking back but that was the force his presence hit me with. Glenn :heart: Frey is the only man to have that effect on me in nearly 20 years, yet apart from acknowledging that he's my favourite Eagle (And that was only 2 weeks ago) I just can't bring up the topic. Its almost that its too special to me.
Glenn :heart: is nearly 20 years older than me but again, that would mean absolutely nothing. Just like yours, my heart flips any time I'm watching him and any time I hear his songs played on the radio. At night he is the last person I think about when I am falling asleep and in the morning he is the first thing on my mind when I waken.
If I had the means and the freedom I too would travel anywhere and across the States to see him play. I would dearly love to see a solo show and have been dropping small subtle hints at home re the States and Eagles gigs. But what I'd really like would be a Glenn :heart: solo gig. And if I'm ever priviledged enough to meet him some day it would be my dream come true.

I've always been faithful to my marriage vows and realistically always will be. But put into either of the situations you described to Nancy (WOW LTL that first one sent me into ORBIT) I know I would not be able to refuse. Its as well I never WILL be in them. But there's always room for fantasy and a girl can always dream :inlove:

Glenn :heart: Frey :iloveyou:

DonFan
07-10-2008, 09:15 AM
When I turned on my computer this morning, this was the first story I saw on my MSNBC main page. Pretty funny, in light of the discussion above:
----------------------------------------------

John Mayer Admits to Fling with Fan

Not one to leave the gossip game to the tabloids, John Mayer dished about himself in an interview with New York City’s Z100 radio station Tuesday night. The singer-songwriter surprised listeners with a revelation about his bad-boy days.

When an audience member from the Z100 Lounge asked Jennifer Aniston’s main man if he ever “hooked up” with a fan after a concert, he decided to come clean about his past.

“I might have hooked up with people, but as soon as I hooked up, they weren’t fans anymore,” John laughed before switching to a more serious tone. "The answer is, yes, I have. But not in a really long time.”

Mrs Frey
07-10-2008, 09:27 AM

Stop it! Stop it!! STOP IT!!! I am having impure thoughts about Glenn :heart: right now!!! :blush: :twisted: :wink:

Mrs Frey
07-10-2008, 09:32 AM

I think that if Don should asked, I went with him to his hotel suite..hell I'm just 16, I don't have the permission to do it..Oh whatever!

:lol: Mrs Henley, you're WAY too young to be such a bad girl! :wink:

Mrs Frey
07-10-2008, 09:35 AM

Well I'm going against the grain here. After all its only pure fantasy.

I'd say................ YES!

I genuinely don't think I'd be able to resist Glenn :heart: in that situation! I have to be honest! He is the ONLY person in this world that I would go with.

Girlfriend, you'd have to get past ME first!!! :fight: :wink:

:rofl: As if!!!

Mrs Frey
07-10-2008, 09:38 AM

Dang girl, you should be writing romance novels. :: fans self ::

LOL, Soda! :lol: Gosh, how did I manage to miss so much fun in this thread? :shock:

Brooke
07-10-2008, 09:45 AM

You are too funny, ltl!

You know, I saw Aerosmith a few years ago and Steven Tyler is not attractive to me at all, but he had me mesmerized, too. Maybe it is the performer/musician thing that gets us!

Mrs Frey
07-10-2008, 09:45 AM
"No. Obviously he's sexy as hell but one must resist temptation when they are married!" - From Soda

I dunno... I think a little hint of nookie from Glenn would send you into a tailspin! If Glenn approached you for a night of steamy passion... oh girl, you wouldn't be able to hold yourself back! Dang, a police braggade couldn't hold you back. Just hear the words... "Nancy, I'm so glad to see you again. Would you like to accompany me back to my hotel? (whisper) It'll be our little secret" :twisted: Oh girl, you can't even read this w/out wanting more! LOL :wink:[/quote]

I must admit, this post really cracked me up! :rofl: Shame on you, LTLH - I'm sure you must have made poor Soda blush and blush and blush! :shock: :wink: You BAD girl! :wink:

Mrs Frey
07-10-2008, 09:49 AM
Joe's not married, but I wouldn't have sex with someone that didn't love me, so I'd say no.

You're very serious, JF, but in all seriousness on my part, I feel exactly the same way as you. Glenn :heart: would have to be my partner first before I would consider something like that! :blush:

Mrs Henley
07-10-2008, 12:24 PM

I'm so sorry, but I can't help it :lol:

Mrs Henley
07-10-2008, 12:25 PM

Stop it! Stop it!! STOP IT!!! I am having impure thoughts about Glenn :heart: right now!!! :blush: :twisted: :wink:

Bad very bad!!! Glenn would enjoy it :lol:

sodascouts
07-10-2008, 04:07 PM
Well, as much fun as folks have playing around with the idea, I'm glad they don't do that kind of thing anymore!

The_Girl_Of_Summer
07-10-2008, 04:22 PM

Hey I'm only 17 and would more than likely say YES :twisted:

Mrs Henley
07-10-2008, 04:23 PM

Thank God, I'm not alone!!!

The_Girl_Of_Summer
07-10-2008, 04:26 PM

Nope Your not It would totally happen and everyone that knows me knows that its true my poor boyfriend

Mrs Henley
07-10-2008, 04:28 PM

Nope Your not It would totally happen and everyone that knows me knows that its true my poor boyfriend

I think he will understand it.

The_Girl_Of_Summer
07-10-2008, 04:33 PM

me too we've already talked about it

Mrs Henley
07-10-2008, 04:37 PM

me too we've already talked about it

Oh, that's better! :D

The_Girl_Of_Summer
07-10-2008, 04:40 PM
yep Well we were just talking and i said that if i could sleep with Don then he could pick a girl and sleep with her. it was only fair

Glennsallnighter
07-10-2008, 04:54 PM
Oh GOS, you are too kind to him!!

The_Girl_Of_Summer
07-10-2008, 05:00 PM

haha well its ok because i kno he loves me and if he is willing to let me do that its the least i can do

Mrs Henley
07-10-2008, 05:04 PM

haha well its ok because i kno he loves me and if he is willing to let me do that its the least i can do

You are both lucky to have someone like you do! :D

The_Girl_Of_Summer
07-10-2008, 05:07 PM

yeah he is pretty great (but don't tell hm that it might go to his head)

Mrs Henley
07-10-2008, 05:09 PM

I'm glad to! :)

The_Girl_Of_Summer
07-10-2008, 05:14 PM

I'm glad to! :)

lol :)

Mrs Henley
07-10-2008, 05:17 PM
;)

I'll wait a while for an another love (my relation ended after 2,5 years :()

The_Girl_Of_Summer
07-10-2008, 05:20 PM
;)

I'm sorry don't worry one day you will find someone who makes you really happy (and let you sleep with Don lol)

Mrs Henley
07-10-2008, 05:22 PM
;)

I'm sorry don't worry one day you will find someone who makes you really happy (and let you sleep with Don lol)

Thanks, I'm sure it will! :) (yeh that's the important thing lol)

The_Girl_Of_Summer
07-10-2008, 05:24 PM
;)

Thanks, I'm sure it will! :) (yeh that's the important thing lol)

i know lol

Mrs Henley
07-10-2008, 05:25 PM
haha!

OK now I'm really going!

Nite!!

luvthelighthouse
07-10-2008, 06:40 PM
Well, as much fun as folks have playing around with the idea, I'm glad they don't do that kind of thing anymore!

What makes you think that? I keep thinking about the note that he handed that girl at the concert this spring. :?

While I think we would like to believe that part of their past is behind them... I honestly, and truely do not believe they have converted to sainthood. :) Really, I think the temptation is too great. You have hundreds of beautiful, gorgeous young women throwing themselves at you... I think that has to be really hard to resist. While I do not think it happens at every show... I'm sure there have been slip ups now and again. I'm sure they are just more descrete now.

I know, I know... people will disagree with me... but heck, think about all the "average" and "common" folk who go out and cheat. Hell, life on the road with half naked women pawing at you... the temptation is just too great. That's just my humble opinion.

sodascouts
07-10-2008, 06:59 PM

What makes you think that? I keep thinking about the note that he handed that girl at the concert this spring. :?

I for one don't believe every piece of gossip that gets passed around the internet, especially when it's spread by people who are only speculating themselves.

As for all these half-naked women throwing themselves at the Eagles, even Felder says that during HFO, groupies weren't really an issue. I daresay that is even more true now.

I know that doesn't fit into everyone's image of the Eagles as "bad boys" so I understand if some folks resist the idea that they can be faithful. However, with the absence of proof, I give them the benefit of the doubt.

People can believe what they like, but frankly, I think spreading unsubstantiated gossip like that can be hurtful. These are real people we are talking about, with families.

07-10-2008, 08:41 PM
What makes you think that? I keep thinking about the note that he handed that girl at the concert this spring.

I totally agree with Soda here. I don't know much about this note, but I can say this, neither do any of us. IMHO, it is extremely irresponsible for us to speculate about notes passed to people at concerts on this board. There could be hundreds of explanations for it. And even some of them could be innocent explanations. For all we know, Glenn could pass a note to some friend of his son or daughter or to a friend he knows. I think we need to be very careful here - after all these are real people with real families. Everyone can believe what they want, but unless there is supporting evidence, I don't believe these types of rumors, innuendos, and speculation merit discussion here. JMHO :)

luvthelighthouse
07-10-2008, 09:10 PM
I agree... the "note passing" is something we have no proof of. My bad for bringing it up. I apologize to those that were upset by that.

I totally understand the that the masses want to believe the guys are just plain old married folk now. Faithful and all that jazz. I hope the masses are correct. I hope for their wives sake, they have truely converted their ways.

However, I tend to be very cynical in matters of the heart. I think that being a "rockstar", actor, etc just have such ample opportunities that the temptation has to be extremely hard to resist. Therefor, many do not. I'm am not saying that it is to be true of anyone in the band... I'm just saying I'm a cynic, and I do believe they have fallen off the faithful wagon a time or two. That is stricktly MY opinion. I have opinions, that's all they are. My opinion and a buck fifty can buy you a coke. :)

Wow, this thread has really taken a turn since the initial post! It was all about being a fan... and now this...

Don't be upset by my opinions... I'm certainly not trying to convince anyone I'm right.

Freypower
07-10-2008, 09:10 PM
I agree with Soda and Dreamer.

Because the temptation is 'hard to resist' does not mean it has occurred.

As Dreamer says, you have no evidence for your opinion that the band members have been unfaithful.

luvthelighthouse
07-10-2008, 09:19 PM
I agree with Soda and Dreamer.

Because the temptation is 'hard to resist' does not mean it has occurred.

As Dreamer says, you have no evidence for your opinion that the band members have been unfaithful.

You are right, I don't have evidence for my opinion... that is why it is an opinion, otherwise it would be fact.

I'm not looking to get into an arguement over this. I can have opinions and just as anyone else can. Just because I don't agree w/the masses doesn't mean I'm a bad or hateful person.

sodascouts
07-10-2008, 09:23 PM
No one's saying you're hateful, LFL. I'm sure you don't mean any harm. Just put yourself in their shoes - would you like someone speculating that you are cheating on your husband?

Like I said earlier, people can believe what they want to believe. I think you're right that it's not worth arguing over, though. In fact, it's not really worth discussing at all! Maybe we should get back to your original topic... what was that again? ;)

07-10-2008, 09:41 PM
I'll add just one more thing to this before I shut up. LTL, I absolutely agree you are entitled to your opinion about this. I actually have an opinion about it too. However, all I'm saying is that unless you have evidence to back up that opinion, then it is inappropriate to make accusations on a public message board that the band members or their family members may see. If you can support your opinion with facts, then it is fair game.

luvthelighthouse
07-10-2008, 10:20 PM
I'll add just one more thing to this before I shut up. LTL, I absolutely agree you are entitled to your opinion about this. I actually have an opinion about it too. However, all I'm saying is that unless you have evidence to back up that opinion, then it is inappropriate to make accusations on a public message board that the band members or their family members may see. If you can support your opinion with facts, then it is fair game.

I really want to be done w/this... but I have to comment... I am NOT accusing anyone of anything. I'm simplying stating MY thoughts. If you ladies here don't even buy into my thoughts, what makes you think their families would? They at least know the people in question and know their character. I highly doubt any family member would take some random persons post of an opinion and buy into it...especially if they felt they knew the person in question. Keep in mind, when you are a public figure people will always have opinions about you... both good and bad. It seems to me that because no one is reporting that they saw an Eagle running around w/some random woman, everyone takes it as fact that it's not happening. You have no proof it's not happening and I have no proof it is happening. You are correct, this is a public forum, and therefore, due to freedom of speech, I can say what I have. I have stated I have no proof...only an opinion. I think most people can draw their own conclusions, and as stated earlier, not buy into everything you read on the internet.

DonFan
07-10-2008, 10:40 PM
Okay, to get this thread back on the original topic, which I believe was something about being an Eagles fan and not really knowing it.....
I had a similar experience with Joe. I knew who Joe Walsh was, I liked his solo songs, and I sang along to Life's Been Good everytime I heard it in the car. I never realized he was one of the Eagles until I bought HFO and watched him being interviewed with the other guys in the band. It was one of those :shock: moments!

I partly blame this on the guys in the band. They were notoriously publicity-shy in the 70s, when I first started listening to them, and they didn't even put their faces on their album covers. I loved their music forever & I had no idea what they looked like!

sodascouts
07-10-2008, 10:42 PM
Don't feel bad. I didn't know Glenn Frey or Don Henley had once been in the Eagles until HFO! lol

The_Girl_Of_Summer
07-10-2008, 11:09 PM
I had forgot (when i had stop listening to them for a few years) the Don Henley was in the Eagles. And i didn't realize that Joe was in the band untill my mom told me after i started listening to them again when we were in the car listening to Life's Been Good.

Mrs Henley
07-11-2008, 04:46 AM

While I think we would like to believe that part of their past is behind them... I honestly, and truely do not believe they have converted to sainthood. :) Really, I think the temptation is too great. You have hundreds of beautiful, gorgeous young women throwing themselves at you... I think that has to be really hard to resist. While I do not think it happens at every show... I'm sure there have been slip ups now and again. I'm sure they are just more descrete now.

I know, I know... people will disagree with me... but heck, think about all the "average" and "common" folk who go out and cheat. Hell, life on the road with half naked women pawing at you... the temptation is just too great. That's just my humble opinion.

I agree Soda!

Freypower
07-11-2008, 04:57 AM
Again to return this to the topic at hand, which is being an Eagles fan without knowing it:

I have a slightly different position. Once I was a fan, that was it. But I became a real fan only in 1979, a year before the split. So then I had to follow the solo careers, which were mainly Glenn and Don. As the 80s went by, and Glenn's career peaked and then appeared to decline, it became very hard to continue being a fan of someone who wasn't visible. I never forgot, but I did give up at the end of 1990 when it appeared the reunion was on permanent hold.

TimothyBFan
07-11-2008, 07:10 AM
I agree Soda!
What I know, Stephanie remind me to that.
Don and Glenn loved to have our attention and they looked at us like, uh.. "I'd love to spent the night with you".

Excuse me? What?????????????????????????? Active imaginations perhaps? Or just lost in translation? :shock:

DF-Thanks for getting back on topic again!!!

I must say-reading some of these post here-I think it is so funny how many of you didn't know certain members were part of the Eagles etc... I guess I just always took it for granted the last 30+ years that everyone "just knew" all about who they were and what they sang. After all, they were "The Eagles" for goodness sake. LOL!! :D

Mrs Henley
07-11-2008, 07:18 AM
I agree Soda!
What I know, Stephanie remind me to that.
Don and Glenn loved to have our attention and they looked at us like, uh.. "I'd love to spent the night with you".

Excuse me? What?????????????????????????? Active imaginations perhaps? Or just lost in translation? :shock:

Haha, no I'm not kidding, they looked at us like that way, more people said a couple of day after the concert :shock: And they also said that Don and Glenn were naugty to give us that lot of attention :lol:

Mrs Frey
07-11-2008, 08:37 AM
If nobody minds, I'm going to give my tuppence worth on the topic of speculating that the Eagles still have an interest in groupies.

The initial question if any of us would consider an offer from one of the boys was amusing to me at first, and I played along. Yes, I would not be able to resist Glenn :heart:, but only if he were my partner, as I stated before.

Regarding suggestions that the Eagles' eyes still rove, I was beginning to feel a little uncomfortable, particularly when I read Mrs Henley's last two posts (sorry, no offense, Mrs Henley). GA and I got attention from Glenn :heart: at our concert experience, but at no time did either of us get the impression that it was anymore than an appreciation of our appreciation for his music and him as a person.

I'm sure that Glenn :heart: is very flattered when younger women (like GA and me) look at him as a man, and I'm sure he was very aware of the way we were looking at him. It's quite natural, particularly for a man who is turning 60 in November. However, appreciation for a fan's devotion and sleeping with her (or wanting to) are very different concepts.

Glenn :heart: is an intelligent man and experienced musician, and he knows that fans appreciate the attention he gives them. He knows and understands how important that attention is, and how much more special the concert experience becomes when that sort of attention is received. It was certainly true for GA and me. I'll remember that moment for the rest of my life. It made me feel so special.

Perhaps he thought we were good to look at too - who knows? All I know is that there's nothing wrong with someone appreciating how someone looks, even when that person is married. What is important, however, is how the person conducts him or herself.

The concert we attended was completely professional, and the chance of anyone being invited backstage was zero. GA, GEF and I were practically escorted out of the venue by security.

The guys have families now, and have certainly sowed enough wild oats in their 20s and 30s to be all sowed out, if you'll pardon the expression. I have no reason to believe otherwise.

I respect the boys immensely, and no matter what fantasies any of us may have as fans, which are completely natural, it does not mean that we would really go through with it given the situation, and it does not mean that the guys would want to go through with something of that nature either.

Mrs Henley
07-11-2008, 08:47 AM
If nobody minds, I'm going to give my tuppence worth on the topic of speculating that the Eagles still have an interest in groupies.

The initial question if any of us would consider an offer from one of the boys was amusing to me at first, and I played along. Yes, I would not be able to resist Glenn :heart:, but only if he were my partner, as I stated before.

Regarding suggestions that the Eagles' eyes still rove, I was beginning to feel a little uncomfortable, particularly when I read Mrs Henley's last two posts (sorry, no offense, Mrs Henley). GA and I got attention from Glenn :heart: at our concert experience, but at no time did either of us get the impression that it was anymore than an appreciation of our appreciation for his music and him as a person.

I'm sure that Glenn :heart: is very flattered when younger women (like GA and me) look at him as a man, and I'm sure he was very aware of the way we were looking at him. It's quite natural, particularly for a man who is turning 60 in November. However, appreciation for a fan's devotion and sleeping with her (or wanting to) are very different concepts.

Glenn :heart: is an intelligent man and experienced musician, and he knows that fans appreciate the attention he gives them. He knows and understands how important that attention is, and how much more special the concert experience becomes when that sort of attention is received. It was certainly true for GA and me. I'll remember that moment for the rest of my life. It made me feel so special.

Perhaps he thought we were good to look at too - who knows? All I know is that there's nothing wrong with someone appreciating how someone looks, even when that person is married. What is important, however, is how the person conducts him or herself.

The concert we attended was completely professional, and the chance of anyone being invited backstage was zero. GA, GEF and I were practically escorted out of the venue by security.

The guys have families now, and have certainly sowed enough wild oats in their 20s and 30s to be all sowed out, if you'll pardon the expression. I have no reason to believe otherwise.

I respect the boys immensely, and no matter what fantasies any of us may have as fans, which are completely natural, it does not mean that we would really go through with it given the situation, and it does not mean that the guys would want to go through with something of that nature either.

I agree.

You know, to tell you the truth, I wasn't even so happy when people told about how Don and Glenn looked at us, I mean they're over 60 (or they become 60) and when they are looking in that way to us (girls of 16 and 19) than you don't have a great feeling.

Don is a great guy, that's so d*mn true!

TimothyBFan
07-11-2008, 09:01 AM
MF-Thank you and well stated!!! I was hoping I wasn't the only one that thought that remark from Mrs Henley was a bit, shall we say, out of line! I'm sorry, but there is absolutely no way these 60 year old men looked at teenage girls and gave the impression that the were interested in spending the night with them-not only because they are married family men but because they could be a real big trouble if they did!!! Come on!! And now I am going to let the mother in me kick in here- If I had come across a comment like that on a board that my daughter (who is about the same age) posted on-she would have had an ear full from mommy!!! I appreciate the fact that we have young ladies that are fans here on the board and that they are more than welcome to post all they want, but can we use some common sense and respect others and not "take over" the board?

Sorry if this seems a little harsh and offends anyone-but the last couple of days I have been trying to "muddle" thru the topics here and it's been rather difficult with some of the "small talk" that is happening. :roll:

Mrs Henley
07-11-2008, 09:06 AM
MF-Thank you and well stated!!! I was hoping I wasn't the only one that thought that remark from Mrs Henley was a bit, shall we say, out of line! I'm sorry, but there is absolutely no way these 60 year old men looked at teenage girls and gave the impression that the were interested in spending the night with them-not only because they are married family men but because they could be a real big trouble if they did!!! Come on!! And now I am going to let the mother in me kick in here- If I had come across a comment like that on a board that my daughter (who is about the same age) posted on-she would have had an ear full from mommy!!! I appreciate the fact that we have young ladies that are fans here on the board and that they are more than welcome to post all they want, but can we use some common sense and respect others and not "take over" the board?

Sorry if this seems a little harsh and offends anyone-but the last couple of days I have been trying to "muddle" thru the topics here and it's been rather difficult with some of the "small talk" that is happening. :roll:

People said they did. I didn't saw it, but OK.

Sorry if you guys should be mad on me or something :(

TimothyBFan
07-11-2008, 09:08 AM
You know, to tell you the truth, I wasn't even so happy when people told about how Don and Glenn looked at us, I mean they're over 60 (or they become 60) and when they are looking in that way to us (girls of 16 and 19) than you don't have a great feeling.

And now we are going to make them sound like "dirty old men" -- :evil: This is getting a bit out of hand!!

Mrs Henley
07-11-2008, 09:09 AM
I'm not saying they are 'dirty old men'..

I'm sorry! :( :blush:

Mrs Henley
07-11-2008, 09:11 AM
TBF, did you get my PM?

TimothyBFan
07-11-2008, 09:23 AM
TBF, did you get my PM?

I did indeed-thanks! Maybe things don't always come across the way we mean them -especially when there is a language difference. Just be careful!

Mrs Henley
07-11-2008, 09:24 AM
TBF, did you get my PM?

I did indeed-thanks! Maybe things don't always come across the way we mean them -especially when there is a language difference. Just be careful!

Great. Yes I think that's the problem! I'll, Thanks!

DonFan
07-11-2008, 09:34 AM

Well, I tried.

Mrs Henley
07-11-2008, 09:39 AM

Well, I tried.

And I think you did it good, shall we just going on with getting back on the topic? :lol:

glenneaglesfan
07-11-2008, 10:03 AM

Well, I tried.
Phew. :shock: Thanks, DF.
I've quoted this before, but when I first got Eagles Live on cassette I thought Joe was a guest with the Eagles - something about the way he was introduced (and I had no idea that it was Glenn doing the introductions). I was also so ignorant that I don't think I had realised that there was more than one vocalist until I got Hotel California on cd about four years ago. :roll:
Things have come a long way since then!

Mrs Henley
07-11-2008, 10:09 AM

Well, I tried.
I've quoted this before, but when I first got Eagles Live on cassette I thought Joe was a guest with the Eagles - something about the way he was introduced (and I had no idea that it was Glenn doing the introductions). I was also so ignorant that I don't think I had realised that there was more than one vocalist until I got Hotel California on cd about four years ago. :roll:

Know it!
I thought that Glenn was the only one who started the Eagles and that he was the only one who's got the permission to sing the songs, until I found Desperado and notice that it wasn't Glenn, haha.

The_Girl_Of_Summer
07-11-2008, 12:44 PM

Well, I tried.

Know it!
I thought that Glenn was the only one who started the Eagles and that he was the only one who's got the permission to sing the songs, until I found Desperado and notice that it wasn't Glenn, haha.

I thouught the same thing only with Don. until i actually listened to Take It Easy and realized it wasn't Don.

Mrs Henley
07-11-2008, 01:18 PM
Things can change when you hear something else, and with the day you would be smarter.

It's funny to see that there a lot of people who didn't know that the Eagles were with 4 members and they only knew one of them :lol:

Glennsallnighter
07-12-2008, 04:58 PM

I totally agree MF! Yes! Its no secret here that I'm in love with Glenn :heart: . I pulled out all the stops going to that gig and can be assured I looked the best I ever will that night. And yes! I was delighted by the bit of attention I was paid by Glenn :heart: (and Joe) . I don't know if Glenn :heart: found myself, MF, GEF or anyone else at that gig attractive or whether he was acknowledging our obvious interest in and knowledge of their music. I'm sure if he copped how we felt about him he would have been flattered that he can still attract the 'girls'. But that was where it started and ended.

As I said to MF in a pm on Friday, it is true too that the lads have reached a stage in their lives where thay are happily married and have wonderful families. They know that they would have too much to lose over a quick tryst with a fan. And I also genuinely think that they would have too much love and respect for their wives to do such a thing anyway.

I responded that yes I would go up to that suite if I was asked to because I felt we were operating this thread in fantasy land, not the real world. And thats where any fantasies I might have would always stay!

Glennsallnighter
07-12-2008, 05:08 PM
Now, to get back to the original ideas expressed here I would say that I too am guilty of 'Bubble Syndrome'. I knew a lot of Eagles songs both from having heard them on the radio and also from the guitar song books that I used to use when playing. I also knew a few of Don and Glenn :heart: 's more popular songs, such as BOS, ETOI (although I didn't realise it was Don. I LOVED the piano in it), NYM, SG, SB, THIO, YBTTC and of course POMPOY although (shame to say :blush: ) I hadn't bought any of their albums at that stage. But it took that F1 concert 2 years ago for me to realise just how many Eagles songs I actually did know. Then when I downloaded Glenn :heart: 's albums (legally) soon afterwards, it was a revealation to me that I knew quite a few of his other songs, such as TL, IFS, TOYL and SS to name a few. My catch phrase was 'Oh I didn't realise Glenn :heart: did that one! No wonder I've always liked it!'
So I've actually been a fan a lot longer than I had initially suspected.
But I still HAVE one ambition and that is to see a Glenn :heart: solo gig live someday. SOON!!

Freypower
07-12-2008, 06:55 PM
Like DF I had tried to get the thread back on track too. Thank you TBF for your comments.

I never thought the Eagles only consisted of Glenn Frey and/or Don Henley. The voices were both so distinctive that it was obvious they were two different people. I did think when I became a fan that Don Felder, who was my favourite (yes, it's true, and you can all stop laughing now) was in fact Randy Meisner. I didn't realise who he was until I saw the Hotel California video at the end of 1978.

My blind spot was that my favourite voice was Glenn's, and looking at him before 1979, I just didn't get it. I was too young to have a favourite singer who also didn't appeal to me in terms of looks. That was to change, of course.

07-12-2008, 07:30 PM
Well, as I said earlier. I really can't contribute much here because I was a fan from the beginning. I bought every album, so I knew all the songs. I've mentioned this before, but the funniest thing I can remember is when The Long Run album came out. Their look had changed so drastically that I remember having to try to figure out who each one was. Of course, I was pretty floored by the drastic change in Glenn's looks. What confused me even more is that I had somehow missed the fact that Randy had left and been replaced by Tim. I thought Randy had REALLY changed, and it was only upon reading the album credits that I realized it.

rcknalwys
07-13-2008, 12:29 PM
That is too funny Dreamer! I was also a fan from the beginning and since I'd been a Timothy fan since he started, I wasn't shocked like you were. As I've mentioned, I wore out my 8 track of their Greatest Hits.

Glennsallnighter
07-13-2008, 05:26 PM
I always knew that the Eagles were Glenn :heart: and Don, but after that wasn't sure who else was in the band until I went to their gig in 2006. I knew them more for their music, and wouldn't have known much how any of them looked until I saw them live and for real that night, although I had been aware from a few of his videos how Glenn :heart: looked! But he was oh so much better in the flesh! :inlove: :D