Public On Sale: NOW

September 25, 2008 - United Center
Chicago, IL
VIP Packages On Sale NOW!
Public On Sale: NOW

Whoo!!!

rcknalwys
07-09-2008, 10:38 AM
Yippee! They are getting closer....maybe I'll see them afterall.

DonFan
07-09-2008, 10:44 AM
There was a cute announcment about the upcoming Eagles concert in the Tulsa news this morning:
------------------------------------------

The Eagles will be the opening act at the BOK Center, Tulsa Mayor Kathy Taylor announced Tuesday.

The Los Angeles rock legend's concert, scheduled for 8 p.m. Sept. 6, will be the first of several shows already announced for the 18,041-seat arena. Among the others are Rascal Flatts, Celine Dion and Carrie Underwood. Tickets go on sale at 10 a.m. July 21.

"Thanks to all those who came before me who made this project happen," Taylor said during the press conference. "This grand opening and the Eagles show that Tulsa's on the move."

She later unveiled life-size cutouts of each band member as she posed in her pink hard hat, laughing that "they made it here today for this special announcement."

:rofl:

sodascouts
07-09-2008, 10:45 AM
LOL! How cute!

Mrs Henley
07-09-2008, 10:47 AM
Aawh!

Brooke
07-09-2008, 03:33 PM
:shock: :yay: :yay: :yay:

OMG! St. Louis! Finally! We are THERE!

And this is soooo funny. We have one up on hubby's boss who is a big Eagles fan. He has already bought tickets for Chicago and we will see them first in St. Louis! He was very smug about going ahead and getting his tickets. I told him I hoped they would come to St. Louis and we would see them there because it's much closer. :nahnah: :D :D :D :D :D

Mrs Henley
07-09-2008, 03:51 PM
:shock: :yay: :yay: :yay:

OMG! St. Louis! Finally! We are THERE!

And this is soooo funny. We have one up on hubby's boss who is a big Eagles fan. He has already bought tickets for Chicago and we will see them first in St. Louis! He was very smug about going ahead and getting his tickets. I told him I hoped they would come to St. Louis and we would see them there because it's much closer. :nahnah: :D :D :D :D :D

Yeah!!! Enjoy! :D

Brooke
07-09-2008, 04:18 PM
Posted on the Eagles official site:

September 20, 2008 - Scottrade Center
St. Louis, MO
Public On Sale: 7/21

When I saw this on the EOC page, I burst out with an "alright" here in my quiet office! I nearly jumped up out of my chair! My co-worker looked at me like "what?".

I just said I was talking to myself! She doesn't understand. :roll:

I am sooooo excited. Now, should I go for VIP or buy tickets off ticketmaster or what? Do you REALLY think the vip tickets are worth it?

Mrs Henley
07-09-2008, 04:20 PM

St. Louis, MO

When I saw this on the EOC page, I burst out with an "alright" here in my quiet office! I nearly jumped up out of my chair! My co-worker looked at me like "what?".

People don't understand our reactions if we see something of the Eagles.

But I'm sure you will have a great show! :D

sodascouts
07-09-2008, 06:39 PM

St. Louis, MO

I am sooooo excited. Now, should I go for VIP or buy tickets off ticketmaster or what? Do you REALLY think the vip tickets are worth it?

I thought of you when I put it up, lol!

Regarding VIP, I don't know what they'll cost in Missouri. For Chicago, 5-star is at $795 each. That's just too much for me. However, if they were $500 a piece like in Virginia, I think it might be worth it if it's the only show you're going to and you're scared you won't get a good seat otherwise.

Me, I'm playing the TM game!

luvthelighthouse
07-09-2008, 07:19 PM
Soda, do those 5 star prices ever drop?

I still do not have tix for Chicago, but I want them. I'm just not sure if I'm going to pay face value for random seats or an extreme amount of cash for good seats.

I'm sorry, but $750 to $1800 for a tix for a two hour show is CRAZY!!! I'm a fan, but they aren't even worth my mortgage payment!

Freypower
07-09-2008, 07:32 PM
I don't know how long the show is now, but surely it is still longer than two hours. I doubt it is the three hours I saw any more, but...

Congratulations to Brooke, you will finally get to see them. Meanwhile (taps foot slowly)...

sodascouts
07-09-2008, 07:36 PM
Soda, do those 5 star prices ever drop?

They're different prices in different markets but, once set, they do not drop for a particular show.

I still do not have tix for Chicago, but I want them. I'm just not sure if I'm going to pay face value for random seats or an extreme amount of cash for good seats.

I'm sorry, but $750 to $1800 for a tix for a two hour show is CRAZY!!! I'm a fan, but they aren't even worth my mortgage payment!

Seriously! I'm basically just constantly checking TM and hoping for the best. If I can't get good seats for face value, I'm just going to get cheap seats - 'cause if you're in the back of the floor you're going to be watching them on the same techno-tron as the people in the balcony!

Brooke
07-09-2008, 08:03 PM
I was thinking that if they were playing Chicago, there would surely be more dates in the midwest! I was right!

The thing is, you can buy very good seats on the ticket exchange deal on ticketmaster, which certainly won't go for more than the 5 or even 4 star vip tickets. A seat in the first 20 rows is NOT a great seat to me. First 10, maybe, but I won't pay $795 for a ticket in the 11th row even.

I'm thinking of taking chances with tm, too, and gambling for great seats late in the game, as Carol Lynn has done. Then I might catch another show somewhere else.

I don't know. I'm confused now that St. Louis is a go. I gambled on Keith Urban and John Fogerty and won. But to gamble on the Eagles. I don't know........

luvthelighthouse
07-09-2008, 09:08 PM
What is TM's ticket exchange? I'm not familiar w/that.

Brooke
07-10-2008, 03:43 PM
There is a tab at the top of the ticketmaster page called Ticket Exchange. Click on it and you find tickets that people have for sale.

They are expensive, but less than the VIP would be and you know up front where your seats are.

I'm surprised that Ticketmaster will let them be sold for more than face value. Actually, they are promoting scalping. :roll:

sodascouts
07-10-2008, 04:03 PM
They're fine with scalping as long as they get a cut, which is what the euphemistically titled "Ticket Exchange" is about.

I guess TM's mentality is, "Hey, if people are going to go to scalpers anyway, why shouldn't we get some of that money?" What I don't appreciate is the fact that these tickets were taken out of the pool from which we get our face-value tickets.

I wonder that the Eagles are OK with this, though, since it directly completes against ILAA.

tbs fanatic
07-10-2008, 04:26 PM
OMG - I've just seen this :shock: St Louis - that probably means Kansas City is out :cry: I think I'm going to have to go with St. Louis (5 hour drive :evil: ). Alas, I have no Eagles fans in the family so I'm on my own which is both good and bad. The St. Louis concert is on a Saturday so that is a plus because school will be back in. Mmmmm! Definitely cannot afford VIP tickets but I can suck it up and get a regular seat - at least I'll be there. :yay: :yay:

Glennsallnighter
07-10-2008, 05:19 PM
Well you never know TBSF! If you gamble a bit like C7L you might be able to get something better than you expected! Good Luck! I'd love to say I'd go with you but :(

Mrs Henley
07-10-2008, 05:24 PM
Well you never know TBSF! If you gamble a bit like C7L you might be able to get something better than you expected! Good Luck! I'd love to say I'd go with you but :(

Yeah me too! :(

Good Luck TBSF!

tbs fanatic
07-11-2008, 12:38 PM
I'll just have to remember to load up on all my Eagles CD's for the trip. Mmmmm five hours of uninterrupted Eagles music - this road trip is sounding better every minute :lol:

Brooke
07-13-2008, 10:16 AM
I was just checking out the new St. Louis date and it says on TM that there is an American Express internet presale tomorrow. I assume you must have an AE card to do that?

Man, I've been saving for this forever and intended to do the VIP. But now that the time has finally come, I'm having a hard time giving up my $$$. But I want good seats and this may be the last time I get to see them live. Hubby is even up to VIP!

All advice welcome!

TimothyBFan
07-13-2008, 11:19 AM
Same advice everyone gave me when they announced Chicago--GO FOR IT!!!

I didn't splurge for VIP--no way was I paying that much, no matter how much I love them, wouldn't have been able to live with myself when we are struggling more and more everyday to pay the bills, etc.... So I know what you mean about parting with the money. Still have an occasional regret about spending as much as I did on Ebay for them but I know once the time comes it will be worth every penny.

Ive always been a dreamer
07-13-2008, 12:39 PM
Yes, it will be worth every penny you spend, tbf and Brooke. All I can say is take advantage of the most that you can afford to get the best seat that you can at least one time. I'm not suggesting that you mortgage the house or anything like that (hmmm - or am I? :wink: ), but remember that your chances of seeing these guys live get slimmer with each passing month and year. Whenever a reasonable opportunity presents itself, seize the moment because you never know if it will be your last chance. As I said many times, I still could kick myself to this very day for never getting to an HFO show, so I plan to make up for it the best I can while I still can. I also realize that I am lucky to be at a point in my life where I am able to go to more than one show. I understand that not everyone can. Even at that, I'd be at more shows if I could afford it.

tbs fanatic
07-13-2008, 01:32 PM
I was just checking out the new St. Louis date and it says on TM that there is an American Express internet presale tomorrow. I assume you must have an AE card to do that?

Man, I've been saving for this forever and intended to do the VIP. But now that the time has finally come, I'm having a hard time giving up my $$$. But I want good seats and this may be the last time I get to see them live. Hubby is even up to VIP!

All advice welcome!

Yay! I have an AE Card. The presale starts on Monday (14th) and ends on the 20th. I sadly cannot go the VIP route :cry: even though I'm sure it is the one and only time I'll see them :cry: Thanks for the heads-up Brooke - I would never of noticed that.

Brooke
07-13-2008, 02:02 PM

All advice welcome!

Yay! I have an AE Card. The presale starts on Monday (14th) and ends on the 20th. I sadly cannot go the VIP route :cry: even though I'm sure it is the one and only time I'll see them :cry: Thanks for the heads-up Brooke - I would never of noticed that.

You're welcome, tbsf!

We only keep one credit card and it's not AE, so...... :x

tbs fanatic
07-14-2008, 11:34 AM
Yay! I've ordered my ticket. :D Not VIP :cry: but I'm on the event level (ground level) at least. My first (and probably only) time of seeing The Eagles. :yay: Of course it's a while before Sept. 20 - no doubt the world will conspire against me and screw this plan up (as has happened to me before with concert tickets :evil: ).

Now, if I could just figure out how to rush the stage and grab Timmy :?

Mrs Henley
07-14-2008, 11:52 AM
Woo Hoo! :D
Which row are you sitting, or do they don't have seats? ;)

Anyway have fun! :D

tbs fanatic
07-14-2008, 12:02 PM
I'm in Section C (section A (middle) must be VIP as I could not get it to come up), Row 33, seat 12. Not the very best, not the very worse but I'm happy.

07-14-2008, 12:21 PM
Congrats on your ticket, tbsf. You are gonna love your first Eagles concert, I'm sure. Hopefully, the time between now and the show will go by quickly and uneventfully.

:yay: :yay: :yay:

Now, if I could just figure out how to rush the stage and grab Timmy :?

Uh - send me a PM, tbsf. :wink: :blush: :twisted:

(Just kidding, of course).

Mrs Henley
07-14-2008, 12:45 PM
I'm in Section C (section A (middle) must be VIP as I could not get it to come up), Row 33, seat 12. Not the very best, not the very worse but I'm happy.

As long you can see Timmy good! :D and the others of course.

And indeed, you gonna love your first Eagles concert! :D

Glennsallnighter
07-14-2008, 05:04 PM
Take advantage of the most that you can afford to get the best seat that you can at least one time. I'm not suggesting that you mortgage the house or anything like that (hmmm - or am I? :wink: ), but remember that your chances of seeing these guys live get slimmer with each passing month and year.

I absolutely agree with Dreamer. I splashed out on London and my only regret was not remaining 'in situ' for the Saturday night gigb as well! If they come anywhere within a reasonable distance of here again you can bet...... :D . Because again it could be my last chance.

I also realize that I am lucky to be at a point in my life where I am able to go to more than one show. I understand that not everyone can. Even at that, I'd be at more shows if I could afford it.

I'm lucky enough in that respect too Dreamer although the number of shows here are a little limited :wink: . If they ever decide to come back here and do 2 shows like they did with F1 I'd go to both.The plan would be the sedate one with the hub and kids one night and then the following night the wild one !!! :D :D :D

However as I say too, I've been lucky and I appreciate that not everyone is in a position to part with those hard earned green backs. I think the good exchange rate between the Euro and the dollar definitely helped too!!

Brooke
07-14-2008, 06:22 PM
Way to go tbsf! We'll have to get together! :D

tbs fanatic
07-15-2008, 11:19 AM
Oh that would be great. :D

Brooke
07-15-2008, 11:25 AM
Anyone else going to St. Louis?

07-15-2008, 11:32 AM
Hmmm - Still thinking!!! :D :D :D

I thought I may go to one show in the fall. Just hadn't decided which one. Wasn't there once a song called "Meet Me in St. Lous". :wink:

tbs fanatic
07-15-2008, 12:53 PM
:lol: I believe there was :lol:

EasyFeeling
07-15-2008, 01:31 PM
OMG, they are doing a big tour :shock: :shock: :shock:
St. Louis? :shock: I have to tell that my aunt. When is it, in September? That would be great because she will come over here to see us in October.

Maleah
07-16-2008, 11:03 PM
As I posted in the Chicago section.....it appears from Joe's site that they've added another date.

September 21, 2008 - Bradley Center - Milwaukee, WI
Public On Sale: 7/28

Mrs Frey
07-17-2008, 02:24 AM

Congratulations on obtaining a good seat, TBSF. That's wonderful. :D :yay: I didn't realise that you hadn't had the privilege of seeing the Eagles before. I hope you have the time of your life!

tbs fanatic
07-17-2008, 09:45 AM

TimothyBFan
07-17-2008, 10:36 AM
Good job tbsf!!! I know what you mean-I can't wait till my first time in Chicago either. I made sure that I got tickets on Timmy's side of the stage (not the best seats either but still HAPPY with what I have). My husband might have to hold me down to keep me from rushing the stage and getting thrown out-then again he might just let them take me. :hilarious:

Mrs Frey
07-17-2008, 10:41 AM
LOL, TBF! :lol:

TBSF, I know EXACTLY how excited you are! :nod:

Brooke
07-17-2008, 02:33 PM
Well, I just was over at the official site and found out that the ILAA tickets for St. Louis were on sale. (Thought I was to get an email?!)

Anyway, I bit that bullet! We (hubby and I) are going! 5 star! :yay: :yay:

I'm pumped now! :D :D :D

sodascouts
07-17-2008, 02:35 PM
Well, I'm sure you'll have lots of fun! If I could afford it, I'd be doing it, too!

tbs fanatic
07-17-2008, 02:38 PM
YAY! Hope to see you there. :D

Brooke
07-17-2008, 02:42 PM
We'll have to meet up!

Btw, I joined the JWFC and on the board over there, Joe evidently mentioned that the guys will be in Australia in January during the chat last night! :shock:

Oh Freypower?! 8)

Freypower
07-17-2008, 06:21 PM
Yeah, what? :wink:

The timing is perfect. There are a couple of other tours at the end of this year.

http://www.anchoredbygrace.com/smileys/mgsmirk.gif
http://www.anchoredbygrace.com/smileys/mghypnotized.gif

I don't know what to say! I really don't.

Brooke
07-17-2008, 06:31 PM
I say Woo hoo for you!

When I read that I nearly burst!

:blueblob: :yay: :band:

Freypower
07-17-2008, 06:33 PM
And here are a couple of other thoughts. I don't use this page often & I want to close it:

http://www.ceremuga.com/smilies/smilies2/cooldude.gif

http://www.ceremuga.com/smilies/smilies2/image176.gif

Edit: I do hope this is correct. I feel that I have waited long enough.

Freypower
07-17-2008, 07:53 PM
This is what Undercover says. They think the tour is more likely to be in 2010, but they 'hope Joe is right'. Well, needless to say, so do I, because if I have to wait until 2010 that will have been SIX YEARS.

http://undercover.com.au/News-Story.aspx?id=5678

Also here is their story on Don's appearance with Billy Joel.

http://undercover.com.au/News-Story.aspx?id=5679

sodascouts
07-17-2008, 10:06 PM
A second date in Dallas, according to Dallas.com (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/ent/stories/DN-eaglesbrief_0717gl.ART.State.Edition1.4d64667.html )

It'll be Sept. 14!

TimothyBFan
07-18-2008, 07:16 AM
My fingers are crossed for you FP!!! Sounds like they are coming your way again!!

tbs fanatic
07-21-2008, 01:28 PM
My ticket arrived (St. Louis show) today - Yay! :yay:

07-21-2008, 03:05 PM
OMG tbsf - I know exactly how excited you must be. Hopefully, now the wait won't seem like forever. :wink:

Brooke
07-21-2008, 04:04 PM
Very cool, tbsf!

I checked out the online sale today and did manage to bring up 2 section A (Tim's side) and 2 section C (Joe's side) during the first 5 minutes! Not bad!

I'll wait for my VIP's though, since I've already bought it! :D

tbs fanatic
07-21-2008, 07:42 PM
I just could not get section A to come up :evil: I'm on Joe's side but he's a close second in my 'favorite list' so I'm okay with it. Where are you staying overnight? I'm thinking of splashing for The Sheraton. It is right off I70 (the route I'll be coming in on) and claims it is only 1 block from the event :D It's expensive though :evil: so as usual I'm bumbling around about it :roll:

Brooke
07-22-2008, 10:17 AM
Yes, the Sheraton is VERY close and quite handy. Very walkable! I was thinking about staying there too. What the heck with all the money I've already spent! :roll:

tbs fanatic
07-22-2008, 10:45 AM
That's what I was thinking 'walkable' :D No waiting in a mile long line to get out of the parking lot :evil: Can you tell I'm trying to talk myself into this :nod: :lol:

tbs fanatic
07-29-2008, 10:59 AM
Okay, I'm definitely shelling out for The Sheraton :shock: I looked it up on 'Google Earth' (I love Google Earth) and it is indeed a short walk from the hotel to the Scottrade Center soooooooo (just don't tell hubby :roll: ).

07-29-2008, 12:27 PM
Go for it, tbsf. Treat yourself just this one time. Hubby doesn't need to know every itty-bitty detail of your trip! :wink: :D

sodascouts
07-29-2008, 01:25 PM
I agree with dreamer, tbsf. But then again, if you're looking for someone to tell you to restrain yourself, you've come to the wrong place! lol

Brooke
07-29-2008, 01:51 PM
Well, the Sheraton was sold out last Friday! I kicked myself for not booking it the day before. I even called-no luck! :roll:

tbs fanatic
07-29-2008, 03:44 PM
I've just realized that too :shock: I'm thinking of taking a chance with 'Hotwire' - it looks like I can get in with them but they have this weird deal where you do not know the hotel name until you have booked it and there is no cancellation. I think I've figured it out but if I'm wrong I'm screwed.

Brooke
07-29-2008, 04:11 PM
I thought about that, but couldn't figure out if it was the Sheraton or not.

07-29-2008, 05:36 PM
I've stayed at the Hyatt Regency at Union Station and it is very nice. I don't believe it is too far from the stadium either.

Maleah
07-30-2008, 11:58 PM
Oh my gosh you guys. I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I emailed our "civic center" here in town where we have all of our big concerts and I told them "I don't know if you're aware of this or not, but the Eagles are on tour again and they recently added a Wisconsin date to their tour. So it apears they may be working their way north a little. What are the odds that we'll bring them back for another show."

I was STUNNED to get the reply that said "Maleah....thanks for the email this. We have been working on this and we'll try to get it done!"

I am SO STINKIN EXCITED!!!!! lol

glenneaglesfan
07-31-2008, 04:40 AM
Wow, Maleah, that is so cool!! Fingers crossed for you!

Brooke and tbsf, it's so exciting for you both at the St Louis show. Good luck with the hotels!

Mrs Henley
07-31-2008, 08:44 AM
Aaah Maleah hope it works!!! :D

Brooke and TBSF Good Good Luck and enjoy! :D

07-31-2008, 10:10 AM
Okay Maleah - I really hope this works out for you. :pray: :pray:

tbs fanatic
07-31-2008, 11:33 AM
Yeah Maleah. I hope it works out. Sounds very promising. Of course, I will be more than a little :jealous: if it does :wink: :lol:

Brooke
07-31-2008, 01:14 PM
Maleah, best of luck! :yay:

tbs fanatic
07-31-2008, 01:58 PM
Well I finally decided to take my chances with 'Hotwire' and to my amazement managed to get in somewhere without having to mortgage the house. So I can finally stop fussing and relax :zzz:

Brooke - I hope we can figure out some way, closer to the date, to meet up :D

Brooke
07-31-2008, 04:37 PM
Well I finally decided to take my chances with 'Hotwire' and to my amazement managed to get in somewhere without having to mortgage the house. So I can finally stop fussing and relax :zzz:

Brooke - I hope we can figure out some way, closer to the date, to meet up :D

Great! Plan on it! :D

Glennsallnighter
07-31-2008, 05:06 PM
Brooke and TBSF, I hope you two manage to meet up somehow.

Maleah!!!!!!!!! That is great news. I really hope it works out for you!!