PDA

View Full Version : Joe Walsh Live Chat.

Mrs Henley
07-16-2008, 11:38 AM
Tonight at 7.30 Eastern Time Joe Walsh live chat @ http://www.joewalsh.com/live.php

Brooke
07-16-2008, 01:13 PM
Thanks for the heads up, Mrs H!

I will try to make that!

Mrs Henley
07-16-2008, 01:22 PM
You're welcome!
I can't make it, it's too late for me here than..:(

Hope ya all will have a great time with Joe! :)

Maleah
07-16-2008, 02:18 PM
for fan club members or anyone?

Mrs Henley
07-16-2008, 02:29 PM
for fan club members or anyone?

Anyone can join!

Ive always been a dreamer
07-16-2008, 02:35 PM
Thanks for the heads up, MH. I posted the info on our Joe Walsh Online blog. I'm surprized I didn't get an email or Google alert. I had a busy morning at work, so I was late checking the official site today.

Mrs Henley
07-16-2008, 02:39 PM
Thanks for the heads up, MH. I posted the info on our Joe Walsh Online blog. I'm surprized I didn't get an email or Google alert. I had a busy morning at work, so I was late checking the official site today.

You're welcome!
I hope your morning wasn't too busy!!

sodascouts
07-16-2008, 07:49 PM
I can't see anything but Joe's replies, and I don't think my questions are going through. Boo!

Edited to add: My questions ARE going through - I just can't see anyone else's. Oh well, at least I've got mine! ;)

sodascouts
07-16-2008, 07:50 PM
Joe just said he's working on a SOLO ALBUM! It will have ODAAT on it!

Meet'n'greet in Chicago! WOOT!

Brooke
07-16-2008, 08:10 PM
Great!

I've been trying to log on and can't. I can see replies and I even posted a question.

sodascouts
07-16-2008, 08:20 PM
They had to shut down early due to tech problems.

It's so great of Joe to do this!

I snuck in a question about YouTube... didn't get answered. Oh well, I tried!

glenneaglesfan
07-17-2008, 06:19 AM
Whoo hoo!! Great news about the meet & greet and the solo album. I'm so pleased to hear that ODAAT isn't lost for ever. Thanks for letting us know, Soda!

JoeFan
07-17-2008, 06:48 AM
A solo album, I can't believe it, I never thought to see another solo album from Joe! Pity I didn't know about the chat in time, my fault for not visiting more regularly, I need to read more. I'm thrilled that One Day At A Time is being released after all, it's my favourite song of Joe's since Ordinary Average Guy.

carol7lynn
07-17-2008, 06:57 AM
Same experience here. I got a couple of questions in and for those of you who thought the Eagles were playing the Nokia in Los Angeles Oct. 26th Joe said it isn't scheduled at all. Some ticket brokers are taking orders for the show and he said if they are it's a "scam."

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGalNow 8)

TimothyBFan
07-17-2008, 07:26 AM
Remember that Chicago will be my first Eagles conert-how does the meet and greet work? I'm assuming it is a seperate ticket thing and aproximately how much etc...?

Maleah
07-17-2008, 09:42 AM
Same question I was going to ask. lol You have to join Joe's fan club right? As long as you're a member of the fan club you get to go to the meet 'n greet?

TimothyBFan
07-17-2008, 09:47 AM
Same question I was going to ask. lol You have to join Joe's fan club right? As long as you're a member of the fan club you get to go to the meet 'n greet?

Wow is that all it takes? I can do that easy enough but I just assumed you needed to buy another ticket or by invitation only or something. Would it be for only 1 night or both? If only 1 I hope it is Wednesdays show!!

Brooke
07-17-2008, 10:02 AM
I asked if he would do a meet & greet in St. Louis. Anyone know if he ever answered that? I finally gave up as I couldn't log on.

sodascouts
07-17-2008, 12:03 PM
You have to be a member of the fan club AND have a ticket to that night's performance. I'm nervous because I'm not sure which Chicago show the meet'n'greet will be before. Samo found out the hard way that even if you have a ticket for the next night or the night before, they won't let you in to the meet'n'greet unless you have the ticket for THAT night.

Joining the fan club costs money, but there's no extra cost or ticket that night.

I can't remember if he said he'd do one in St. Louis or not, Brooke. :(

TimothyBFan
07-17-2008, 12:11 PM
Thanks Soda-- Now to find out what night (please be Wednesday :pray: ) and join his fan club. Oh-if I only join can I bring a guest (my hubby) to the meet and greet or do I have to sign us both up for the fan club?

Brooke
07-17-2008, 01:18 PM
You have to be a member of the fan club AND have a ticket to that night's performance. I'm nervous because I'm not sure which Chicago show the meet'n'greet will be before. Samo found out the hard way that even if you have a ticket for the next night or the night before, they won't let you in to the meet'n'greet unless you have the ticket for THAT night.

Joining the fan club costs money, but there's no extra cost or ticket that night.

I can't remember if he said he'd do one in St. Louis or not, Brooke. :(

I wonder how the meet & greet works with the VIP deal. Is it before the VIP get together? I want to do both if at all possible.

Toonlass
07-18-2008, 05:48 PM
TimothyBFan--To go to the M&G you would have to both be members and both have tickets to that nights performance. The M&Gs are quite different in the US than the one I went to here in London in 2006 and its quite a group occasion.

TimothyBFan
07-18-2008, 08:04 PM
Thanks Toonlass--- I figured as much. We have tickets for Wednesday so I just need to get us signed up for fan club memberships. I will probably do that and they will announce the M&G is for Thursdays show with my luck.

07-18-2008, 10:48 PM
According to the Australian website, Undercover (http://www.undercover.com.au/News-Story.aspx?id=5688), Joe was mistaken when he announced in his live online chat that the Eagles would be in Australia in January, 2009. The report says that a spokesman for the band confirmed that there are no current dates set for the band to tour Australia.

Oh well, sorry FP - if this is correct, I guess the guys won't be coming "down unda" for a while yet. But, keep your chin up - it WILL happen! :wink:

Freypower
07-19-2008, 07:48 PM
I thought the flurry of excitement which led Brooke & myself to post about this in the New Tour Dates thread was too good to be true. I do hope Joe didn't get into 'trouble'. :?

But gee, if I have to wait until 2010, that is going to be very hard. :(

Freypower
07-19-2008, 08:08 PM
Folks.... the plot thickens. This is Undercover's latest story:

http://undercover.com.au/News-Story.aspx?id=5691

I hope that Mr F, Mr H and Mr A make their minds up, inform Mr W and Mr S, and then Mr A can negotiate with the long suffering Mr G. :roll:

sodascouts
07-19-2008, 08:11 PM
Interesting - I guess we'll see!

glenneaglesfan
07-20-2008, 06:55 AM
Very interesting. I do hope something comes of this for your sake, Fp. I like the way Paul Cashmere assumes that readers will know who Mr H and Mr F are, and Mr A, come to that. :)

TimothyBFan
07-20-2008, 11:14 AM
My fingers are still crossed for you FP!

TimothyBFan
07-31-2008, 12:57 PM
I just checked into the official site and they show that the Chicago meet & greet will be on Thursday Sept. 25th. I knew it would be the date I wasn't going. :(

Brooke
07-31-2008, 01:20 PM
Shoot, TBF! I'm sorry. :(

I've requested one in St. Louis, but it doesn't look good. :(

07-31-2008, 02:58 PM
Oh man, tbf - that really is a shame. I really think they should make it so that you can attend the M'n'G if you have a ticket to any of the shows at that venue within like a week. But I'm sure thay won't change it - sells extra tickets this way. :sigh:

tbs fanatic
07-31-2008, 05:12 PM
Dang it! So sorry tbf :(

DonFan
07-31-2008, 05:51 PM
That is a shame, TBF. :(

If anyone is going to try to go on Joe's chat tomorrow night (since we are invited to a friend's 50th bday party & I won't be home to try to get on) please ask him if he is going to do a M&G at the Nashville show. I really enjoyed meeting him in Atlanta and I would love another chance to talk to him.

07-31-2008, 06:10 PM
I'm going to try to go in, DF and will try to get an answer about Nashville if I can.

Brooke
08-01-2008, 09:52 AM
I can't go either as we have a family reunion pre-party tonight.

Would you ask for a m & g in St. Louis, too, dreamer? I'd love to meet Joe!

08-01-2008, 09:59 AM
I'll do my best to get Joe to schedule an M'n'G for every show!!! :D No, but seriously (folks), I will definitely ask him if he plans any for Nashville or STL, and then cross my fingers that he will answer me.

Brooke
08-01-2008, 10:04 AM
Thanks so much dreamer! :D

TimothyBFan
08-01-2008, 10:08 AM
While you're at it Dreamer-can you ask if he will do both shows in Chicago just for me? I really want to meet him on the 24th! :hilarious:

08-01-2008, 10:22 AM
No problem - if anyone can think of anything else you want me to ask, let me know. Asking is the easy part - getting him to answer is a whole 'nother story. :shock:

And Willie - better yet, why don't I just send Joe over to your house to dinner. I could also tell him to bring a certain long-haired bass player along for the ride as well. :wink: :D :twisted:

TimothyBFan
08-01-2008, 10:30 AM
No problem - if anyone can think of anything else you want me to ask, let me know. Asking is the easy part - getting him to answer is a whole 'nother story. :shock:

And Willie - better yet, why don't I just send Joe over to your house to dinner. I could also tell him to bring a certain long-haired bass player along for the ride as well. :wink: :D :twisted:

Wow Dreamer-you think of everything!!! Thanks!!! I hope they can make it! :P :wink: :D

DonFan
08-01-2008, 11:27 AM
I'm going to try to go in, DF and will try to get an answer about Nashville if I can.

Thanks so much!

rcknalwys
08-01-2008, 08:37 PM
I got a chance to ask Joe if he is going to do a M & G in Nashville but he said he didn't know yet. Timothy showed up for the chat! Icing on the cake for me!!!! :drool: :jawdrop:

Mrs Henley
08-01-2008, 08:52 PM
Yes indeed! :D

I asked how Marjorie was doing :lol: and if Don would join him at the chat today (he said no :weep: :weep::weep::weep::weep::weep::weep::weep::weep:) And than showed Timmy up :D

Oh and if someone heared "Eagles Chicks say hi" that was Stephanie :lol:

Mrs Henley
08-01-2008, 09:03 PM
They won't be back in Europe soon.
James Gang is not going to tour.
Joe doesn't going on solo tour.
Timothy is performing on Joe his new album!
Joe isn't on Timothy's new album.

Uhm..

TimothyBFan
08-01-2008, 10:08 PM
I got a chance to ask Joe if he is going to do a M & G in Nashville but he said he didn't know yet. Timothy showed up for the chat! Icing on the cake for me!!!! :drool: :jawdrop:

Sure I step out on a Friday evening for the first time in forever for a few hours and missed Timmy!!!!!!!!!!!! :enraged:

Mrs Henley
08-01-2008, 10:11 PM
Got a pic for you:
http://i322.photobucket.com/albums/nn416/xfuckingxrockstarx/6a00d83452345769e200e553e596aa8834-.jpg

So you don't have to miss Timmy at all :hug:

The_Girl_Of_Summer
08-01-2008, 10:12 PM
that's a great pic MH

Mrs Henley
08-01-2008, 10:14 PM
Thanks, a friend send it :)

TimothyBFan
08-01-2008, 10:16 PM
Got a pic for you:
http://i322.photobucket.com/albums/nn416/xfuckingxrockstarx/6a00d83452345769e200e553e596aa8834-.jpg

THANK YOU!!!! He's so handsome!! :D :D

Mrs Henley
08-01-2008, 10:17 PM
No thanks! Yeah he looked really good tonight!!! :D
I also asked "Timothy How Are You Doing?" and he replied: "I'm doing great!"

The_Girl_Of_Summer
08-01-2008, 10:18 PM
I told him 'Hi' and he said Hi back

Mrs Henley
08-01-2008, 10:19 PM
Aaah :D

TimothyBFan
08-01-2008, 10:20 PM
I am so :jealous: ! I don't suppose there is anyway to see these chats repeated right?

Mrs Henley
08-01-2008, 10:22 PM
Don't think so :( I also want to see it back

The_Girl_Of_Summer
08-01-2008, 10:23 PM
I am so :jealous: ! I don't suppose there is anyway to see these chats repeated right?

unfortunately i'm afraid not TBF. Sorry

TimothyBFan
08-01-2008, 10:24 PM
Thanks girls!! At least you guys got the scoop. Maybe I can catch him some other time!

Mrs Henley
08-01-2008, 10:26 PM
It's cool! :)
Hope you will be there the next time! :D

The_Girl_Of_Summer
08-01-2008, 10:27 PM
Thanks girls!! At least you guys got the scoop. Maybe I can catch him some other time!

I hope you can too!! :)

The_Girl_Of_Summer
08-01-2008, 11:00 PM
Oh and one more thing Joe never had a maserati :(

Mrs Henley
08-01-2008, 11:03 PM
Oh and one more thing Joe never had a maserati :(

Nope :( He has a Hummer.

The_Girl_Of_Summer
08-01-2008, 11:13 PM
I wanted a maserati cause Joe sang about them :lol:

The_Girl_Of_Summer
08-01-2008, 11:17 PM
I also want a cadillac with a Dead Head sticker (for my 16th b-day my mom got me the sticker)

AzEaglesFan
08-01-2008, 11:31 PM
How do you get into the chat?? I tried every hour from 4:00 Mt Time and nothing ever came up. How do you log on?

Mrs Henley
08-01-2008, 11:32 PM
How do you get into the chat?? I tried every hour from 4:00 Mt Time and nothing ever came up. How do you log on?

The chat is already over..
But if the chat is on air, you will see at that page a big green button and than you enter the chat.

08-02-2008, 01:06 AM
Sorry to be so late posting over here. I did manage to get into Joe's chat, but he never answered any of my questions. Becky did finally get him to say that he didn't know if there would be an M'n'G in Nashville. I posted the Eagles highlights that came up in the chat on Eagles Online Central (https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/). I plan to post on highlights for Joe on JWO and for Tim on TBSO, but I won't be able to get to it until tomorrow.

08-02-2008, 01:59 PM
Okay folks - I finally got around to posting a summary of Joe's comments on Joe Walsh Online (http://www.joewalshonline.com/). I'll go ahead and just post the blog entry here as well:

There were quite a few technical difficulties during Joe's live chat from Boston last night, but it was still quite entertaining. As a bonus, fellow Eagle, Timothy, joined Joe for the second half of the chat. In spite of the fact that they were both wearing glasses, they had a difficult time reading and answering the questions that the fans were sending in, but they were troopers and did the best they could. We will give you the highlights about what Joe had to say regarding his personal life and solo career here. There will also be posts on Timothy B. Schmit Online about what Tim had to say regarding his solo efforts and on Eagles Online Central about information regarding the Eagles.

So here's what Joe had to say about Joe:

* Joe has no plans to tour solo - he is busy being an Eagle for at least the next year.
* Joe will not be releasing a solo album in the near future.
* Joe has no plans to tour with the James Gang or Barnstorm at this time.
* He doesn't have a favorite guitar, but does endorse Carvin because they make guitars for him.
* Re: What would your dad think about your career? Joe responded: "He'd probably shoot me."
* His daughter, Lucy is not currently working on an album as far as he knows.
* His two sons are doing fine, as is Marjorie.
* His favorite venue to play is the LA Nokia Theatre.
* Joe likes to listen to Ray Wylie Hubbard; he especially likes Snake Farm. You can listen here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jNWPUFNA2U).
* Joe says he's never owned a Maserati ( he took poetic license), but he does own a Hummer.
* Joe says the band doesn't go bowling anymore, but they used to go a lot.
* Joe's health is fine, but he says the band needs AARP cards to get a discount on their walkers.
* Joe misses Keith Moon, and is friends with Pete Townsend.
* Joe says that he would love to have Timothy appear on his next solo album.
* He says that Don Henley is "a great guy and one of my best friends".
* He hasn't spoken with Don Felder in recent times.

It is such a treat for fans when Joe does these chats. HE'S COOL!

I still have to work on Tim's blog entry. Hopefully, we'll get it posted later today.

glenneaglesfan
08-02-2008, 04:54 PM
Thank you so much for your summary, dreamer, and I'm sorry you couldn't get through to him. No plans to visit Europe again though. :(
Funny that he never owned a Maserati - we occasionally see one in our small village and it always brings LBG to mind. A Hummer though, how much does that cost to fill up these days?!

Freypower
08-02-2008, 06:55 PM
Got a pic for you:

THANK YOU!!!! He's so handsome!! :D :D

Joe! Glasses! Bring 'em back! 8)

Mrs Henley
08-03-2008, 05:36 AM
Joe looked good with glasses! :D

Prettymaid
08-03-2008, 10:54 AM
I love the pic from the live chat. They look so "normal" !

But after all, he is just an ordinary, average guy!

tbs fanatic
08-03-2008, 08:07 PM
Loving the picture :inlove:

sodascouts
08-17-2008, 07:15 PM
Again, thanks for all the info about the chat. I wonder if they'd be able to talk Glenn or Don into joining in on the fun?

Speaking of Don, wonder what he thinks of Joe's Hummer? :unimpressed:

Maleah
08-17-2008, 08:56 PM
hehe That's what I thought when I read the hummer bit too soda lol