PDA

View Full Version : I Love All Access

Brooke
07-18-2008, 10:07 AM
I think someone mentioned that you could figure out how many ILAA tickets have been sold for a particular concert somewhere, but can't find it.

Anyone know how to do this?

sodascouts
07-18-2008, 01:12 PM
No idea, sorry!

Brooke
01-09-2009, 05:39 PM
OMG, I just checked the ILAA site for ticket prices for the Columbia show and (have you all already discussed this? if so-sorry) get this:

they are now offering a 5 star package that includes :

A signed guitar
A meet & greet with Joe
2 tickets in the first 10 rows
Plus all the usual stuff

Prices-$595-$5190!!!!!!!!!!

I guess Joe won't be doing any more free meet & greets! Boo hiss! :headshake:

Freypower
01-09-2009, 05:46 PM
I have to say that in the current economic climate, that is a somewhat unrealistic price.

TimothyBFan
01-09-2009, 05:54 PM
Are you flippin' kidding me? Didn't we make fun of Mick Fleetwood for doing this? The signed guitar is great, the meeting with Joe Walsh is great but seriously, I would not spend that kinda money to get them. I know it's easy to say that because I don't have the money to do it-maybe I would think differently if I was RICH!

I feel sorry for any Joe Walsh fan club members that thought they might get the chance to meet him for the $50.00 annual fee! That's just wrong!

Just my honest opinion, which really doesn't count for anything!

sodascouts
01-09-2009, 06:19 PM
Are you flippin' kidding me? Didn't we make fun of Mick Fleetwood for doing this? The signed guitar is great, the meeting with Joe Walsh is great but seriously, I would not spend that kinda money to get them. I know it's easy to say that because I don't have the money to do it-maybe I would think differently if I was RICH!

I feel sorry for any Joe Walsh fan club members that thought they might get the chance to meet him for the $50.00 annual fee! That's just wrong!

Just my honest opinion, which really doesn't count for anything!

Well, I guess if you're a rich Joe fan, this is great news!

For the average Joe fan who joined the fan club solely to meet Joe if he should do a meet'n'greet... not so great.

ticky
01-11-2009, 11:30 PM
OO GOOD NEWS!! Went to a JWFC members chat tonight and talked a little to Becca about this ILAA thing. It is NOT related to JWFC in any way, she DID promote it but it will have NOTHING to do with the CLUB M&Gs!!! they will still happen and will still be free! She said "Joe loves his fans" and he would not stop doing the M&Gs or charge for them.
Also she said that the club member tickets are pulled before they go on sale and are not subject to ticket sales. Meaning that they are available for face value and not subject to outside sales. That doesn't necessarily mean they're the best seats, but they'll be good and near Joe. She didn't mention when the next M&G will be (she never does) but she did assure us there would be more on this tour.
I dont know about ya'll, but Im a happy camper!

sodascouts
01-11-2009, 11:34 PM
Wonderful - I'm so happy Joe is still doing M&Gs!

Glennsallnighter
01-12-2009, 05:28 AM
Thats great news Ticky. Over $5000 would be way beyond the reach of most genuine fans. I hope you DO get to meet Joe when the lads make it to Oregon.

TimothyBFan
01-12-2009, 09:21 AM
Thank goodness!! I was really getting a little peeved thinking that we had "shrunk to that level". I just don't think it's right for the average fan not to be able to see their favorite band and maybe have a chance to meet a member. The ticket prices are pretty much out of reach for the average fan already.

Good luck to everyone here that might get the chance to meet Joe on this leg of the tour!

Freypower
01-12-2009, 05:43 PM
Thank goodness!! I was really getting a little peeved thinking that we had "shrunk to that level". I just don't think it's right for the average fan not to be able to see their favorite band and maybe have a chance to meet a member. The ticket prices are pretty much out of reach for the average fan already.

Good luck to everyone here that might get the chance to meet Joe on this leg of the tour!

With respect, TBF, such a possibility (i.e. of meeting a band member) is never going to happen where I live. So saying 'it's not right' is relative.

TimothyBFan
01-12-2009, 07:21 PM
Let's face it FP-most of us here don't stand a chance but there is a glimmer of a chance and I don't think anyone should have to PAY to do it! If they had stopped Joe's M & G with his fan club members, then that is exactly what would of happened, and pay big it looks like!

Freypower
01-12-2009, 07:40 PM
I agree nobody should have to pay unless it is for some sort of fundraiser as I think has happened with Don on occasion. There were rumours that when they came back here JWFC was going to arrange a M&G. I'm not a member of JWFC, and frankly I am not sure that I want to join, after what happened to Soda.

Brooke
01-13-2009, 10:34 AM
Ticky, thanks so much for the news about Joe's fan club m & gs. It still seems strange to me that they would do this and still do free ones, too. Hmmmmm.

For some reason I just got the email about the chat yesterday and it was the day before! :brickwall:

I sure wish he'd do a fan club m & g in Columbia.

Hey Joe.......

wsccg
01-13-2009, 11:50 AM
what happened to soda with the fan club?

sodascouts
01-13-2009, 03:45 PM
There were some "miscommunications" where apparently the e-mail that I sent requesting a reservation for the meet'n'greet in Chicago was not worded correctly to insure a spot, and apparently my later e-mails asking about it were not sent from the appropriate e-mail and so they were ignored. Frankly, it was all rather unclear - why ignore my e-mails from an alternate address? And why ignore the post that I made on the JWFC message board asking about the meet'n'greet a week prior, after I had waited for responses to my e-mails to no avail?

The day of the meet'n'greet, I finally received a reply that there was no room and I shouldn't have waited so long! I found this very frustrating, considering all my prior efforts. When I tried to engage in a dialogue with the person who ran it and explain the situation, she ignored me and did not respond. It made me feel rather shafted, especially since I had been looking forward to meeting Joe ever since I sent the initial e-mail stating interest months before the meet'n'greet. Honestly, I was crushed.

If there's no room, there's no room, but I felt I at least deserved the courtesy of a timely reply. Even giving her the benefit of the doubt that she did not receive or accidentally deleted my e-mails, I KNOW she must have at least seen my JWFC message board post a week prior to the meet'n'greet because I saw that she had logged in, yet she chose not to respond to my query. I don't understand that.

I'm not trying to bash this person; I'm sure she's very nice and I'm sure that in most cases, there are no problems with the meet'n'greets (although I know of at least one other person whose e-mails and posts were also ignored). However, I felt I received pretty poor customer service for my $50. It's bad business practice to ignore customers and make them feel like their concerns aren't worth your time.

I'm not saying people shouldn't join. It is a good way to meet Joe, if he decides to do a meet'n'greet near you. I just wish it was a bit more organized and professionally run, and that e-mails and posts received replies. Is that too much to ask?

wsccg
01-13-2009, 04:12 PM
wow soda, I'm sorry that happend. i would have been "frustrated" too -to say the least.

Peekaboo
01-15-2009, 12:11 AM
Well that just sucks, Soda. I'm sorry that happened to you. I've been debating on whether or not to join JWFC for the last couple of weeks. I sure hope that if i do join that this won't happen again. I would be devastated.

Prettymaid
01-15-2009, 08:41 AM
Maybe Soda's difficulty had to do with the fact that she didn't have a ticket to the show until an hour beforehand. I've read here that you have to have a ticket to that night's concert to be able to go to the meet 'n greet.

sodascouts
01-15-2009, 12:27 PM
No - I was never asked whether or not I had a ticket, and it's not as if they can call up the venue office and ask if I bought one yet! I also know of other people who bought their tickets on the day of the meet'n'greet with no problem.

sodascouts
03-08-2009, 10:38 PM
Just heard that they are selling so few 5-star ILAA tickets for Fleetwood Mac that they are canceling the pre-show parties! I had a feeling ILAA might not go over as well with the Mac crowd.

Still, it's good to see that the prices have been lowered. Eagles 5-star ILAA now costs $595 on average, and $495 in some places like Detroit.

Brooke
03-09-2009, 01:50 PM
Looks like the economy situation is finally trickling down.

Fan_For_Life
03-09-2009, 09:04 PM
I've done ILAA before and, except for the good seat, they don't offer enough to make it worth the money spent. I spent 80 dollars and had a great view from right side stage. I was basically lined up as they were. lol. As much as I love the Eagles there's no way I'm spending 600 dollars for a ticket to a show. And I doubt they would either.

Now bring it down to 250 dollars and I just might spend the cash. :thumbsup: Oh and ILAA also need to lose the mystery seating. That is so annoying.

Glennsallnighter
03-10-2009, 06:56 PM
Yeah, that IS a bit annoying. I'd like to know where I'm sitting in Belfast, or even be able to pick. Ie as near to Glenn :heart: as is humanly possible. Dublin as I've only gone 4* won't be as big an issue for me.

Fan_For_Life
03-10-2009, 08:15 PM
^^^^Glennsallnighter you know you can contact ILAA and ask them to sit you on Glenn's side and more than likely they will. I know people who do it all the time and end up where they want. Not necessarily front row mind you but on the side you want.

Glennsallnighter
03-11-2009, 12:10 PM
Sounds like a good idea FFL! I'll keep it in mind. Of course Laura will want to be as near to Timmy as possible too! Oh the problems we are all faced with these days!!

Peekaboo
03-11-2009, 09:51 PM
^^^^Glennsallnighter you know you can contact ILAA and ask them to sit you on Glenn's side and more than likely they will. I know people who do it all the time and end up where they want. Not necessarily front row mind you but on the side you want.

I wish I would've known that when I decided to go with ILAA for my first Eagles concert in Sept. Before purchasing the 5* package I knew that they went by first come first serve as far as the seating was concerned and I ordered mine the minute they went on sale. We got front row seats but we were on the very end of the 1st row. It was cool being in front of Stuart and seeing him rock out all night but for the price I paid and the time that I bought them, I would've thought that we would've been closer to the middle. Oh well, all in all it was a fantastic night. The dinner was great, we won one of the door prizes, and met some really nice people but I don't think I would fork over the big bucks again. It was a great experience to do that once.

Fan_For_Life
03-11-2009, 10:47 PM
That's the thing with ILAA, they arrange seating according to ticket sales and how many are with each party. Say if you buy a ticket ILAA first day on sale that doesn't necessarily mean you'll get first row cause they arrange to sit people how they think is best. That's what's behind the "mystery seating". It's good you got front row. I know a few girls who had credit card info already in system and had purchase within couple minutes of sale and the best they got was second row. Don't get me wrong 2nd row is fabulous seat.

With the price of those tickets IMO they should only sell first come first serve and not pick and choose cause to me it's not fair of them to arrange according to what they think is best. But who am I just another 100 bucks in the pocket to them, cause they know people aren't going to stop going to see their favorite bands.

Brooke
03-12-2009, 10:21 AM
I wish I would have known about requesting a certain area, too. When I did the Don H ILAA a few years ago, I was over by Steuart also and I would have preferred 2nd or even 3rd row in the center to that. I don't think they should put you all the way to one side even if it is front row. You just can't see that well.

I'll never do ILAA again. IMO you just don't get your money's worth if you don't even get to meet at least 1 band member.

carol7lynn
03-29-2009, 01:19 PM
:brickwall:ILAA:brickwall: Is not worth the price of the ticket I found out the hard way. I was the first person, by their own admission, to purchase a ticket to StageCoach last summer and I ended up stage right with the camera boom in my way after they had promised me, on the phone and by email, front row center which ironically went to a group of 4 who purchased their 5 stars at the last minute. I only bought one ticket so the above posters are right about "mystery seating" and single ticket purchases. The more tickets that you buy the better seats and this held true for Def Lep last year too.

I got them to refund half the price of the ticket but after that I now wait for ticket drops and last summer I went to four Eagles' concerts back East and the worst seat that I got was 3rd row center.

Lastly, the swag sucks and the parties do too. Most of the time the tee-shirts people win didn't even fit. Last spring in San Diego, the had the nerve to give us popcorn, taco chips and bottled beer at a DefLep 5 star party and pay for VIP parking when it was supposed to be part of the package. Our seats sucked but we were lucky enough to get last minute primo seats at the venue. So much for being a VIP. You get a better deal with scalpers or MarketPlace tickets where at least you know what seat you're getting.

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGalNow:thumbsup:

Fan_For_Life
03-29-2009, 02:37 PM
I did *5 last year for Def Lepp as well. I was pleased with the package I received so winning anything wasn't a big deal to me. Phil Collen did come out to say hi to everyone and take a few group pictures, which is by far better than anything I would've expected. And did get one of the best seats in the ampitheatre.

I don't intend to do anymore ILAA packages though. I realized I'm better off picking my own seat.

sodascouts
02-02-2010, 01:09 AM
So it appears the old password for ILAA doesn't work anymore. Anyone know the new one?

StephUK
02-02-2010, 08:55 AM
I have done ILAA for the Eagles a few times now & I have to say it varies from city to city. In Birmingham UK we had really good food at the party. At the O2 shows back in 2008 the food wasn't up to much. The atmosphere at the party depends on the mix of people & the host. We had a great host in Ireland & the UK last summer - she was such fun!

I have emailed ILAA & asked for seats(on Will's side, of course!) and they email back to say they will pass your message to the host & they will do their best to accommodate your wishes - I got to be in front of Will at 3 of the 4 UK shows I went to, so it DOES work.(the other show was Belfast where we were on the side seats as it was standing only on the floor).

I agree about the ILAA prices for the Joe meet & greet - hopefully nobody will pay that price and then they'll know they're not going to get away with charging that sort of amount.

You can request a password on the ILAA site.

Steph

carol7lynn
02-02-2010, 10:02 AM
So it appears the old password for ILAA doesn't work anymore. Anyone know the new one?

The fall-back is to use any AMEX customer service number. Use: 8003272177-it'll work. I doubt after the general sale starts that you have to necessarily charge it to an AMEX card.

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGal

sodascouts
02-02-2010, 11:23 AM
Thanks CL! They seem kind of oddly priced - most markets the 5 star tops out of $995, but for Phoenix and San Jose it tops out at $895. Not that I consider that terribly affordable either, it's just strange since most of the other places (except Sac and LA) have the same price for the regular tickets.

Steph, I don't think they're doing the Joe thing anymore. Thanks for the advice about the password on the site.

AzEaglesFan
02-02-2010, 03:23 PM
I requested a pass word and they sent me "california".

sodascouts
02-27-2010, 06:13 PM
I was going through some old folders trying to clean out some of my images and free up computer space, and I came across this. Remember when we thought this was expensive?

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/misc/wembley.jpg

Ive always been a dreamer
02-28-2010, 01:09 AM
I sure do - and to think that was only 4 years ago! :sad:

MikeA
02-28-2010, 09:48 AM
There was an article in our newspaper a couple of days ago proclaiming how "They" were controlling Scalpers ("scalping") by manipulating ticket prices resulting in some seats going for megabucks which allowed them to sell $32 tickets.

The newspapers didn't say the following:

"They" didn't get rid of scalping. "They" just changed the names of the Scalpers and it was all to the benefit of the Musicians and Financial agents, NOT to any benefit to the Fans paying for tickets!

sodascouts
03-23-2010, 12:52 PM
Noticed something REALLY confusing today about the way they're selling ILAA tickets on Ticketmaster. For most shows, you have two listings: One for VIP and one for normal tickets. However, for the Chicago and Foxborough tickets that are not yet on public sale - they only have one listing, the VIP tickets.

The only thing is - if you're unused to the double listing and see only a single listing, you might think that those are the ONLY tickets available. Nothing is on the page about the general sale that's occurring in a few days.

Even I fell into the trap. I saw the single listing for Chicago and just assumed it was the regular ticket listing, just like it would have been before the merger. It was only after I clicked on the link and was redirected to ILAA that I figured out that the general sale was not yet listed and what I had clicked on was the VIP link. Yes, it had said "Eagles VIP Tickets" in another column but I didn't notice that - I was just looking for the Chicago listing and assumed since it was the only one that it was where I should go to "find tickets."

Of course I closed the window, knowing that the general sale was coming up soon though it wasn't yet listed. However, some people wouldn't know that... people like my parents, who accidentally bought broker tickets one time because they did a search for "Houston Astros tickets" and a broker site came up first on the search engine. Some who are more familiar with such things may think that was a stupid mistake, but they are almost seventy and very trusting. If my father, who is a genius, could make that kind of mistake, so could others.

NOT COOL.

luvthelighthouse
03-23-2010, 12:54 PM
I just do not understand how that is legal. I'm awaiting the day a class action lawsuit is made against these guys!

sodascouts
03-23-2010, 01:04 PM
And it's not as if they aren't able to put a second link giving information about the upcoming public sale for regular tickets. They give that information on LiveNation (http://www.livenation.com/artist/eagles-tickets) for these very same shows - they go on sale to the public on the 29th.

They are choosing not to give a link to the public sale info for these shows (namely, the Chicago and Foxborough shows) on Ticketmaster (http://www.ticketmaster.com/Eagles-tickets/artist/734977?ac_link=eagl08_aylf&tm_link=Search_other_matches) and one has to wonder why. I hesitate to assume that they are deliberately trying to trick people, but that's what can happen to some who are not savvy to ticket sales, especially when they see that there are double listings for the other shows. Maybe those people just heard an ad for the show on the radio and didn't pay attention to on-sale dates. When they see the one link it's "Oh - I guess the regular tickets have sold out..."

But perhaps I'm being unjustly cynical and it's just a glitch. If so, I hope it's fixed soon.

TimothyBFan
03-24-2010, 08:36 AM
But perhaps I'm being unjustly cynical and it's just a glitch. If so, I hope it's fixed soon.

You're not and you know it!! It's a scam and I'm not gonna be a part of it!! I actually hope there is a suit against them someday. How dare they (and don't tell me they don't know it's happening-they know everything else) do this to their fans!!! I'm a true f-ing fan, have been for 35+ years, bought every f-ing album, not once but 2 or 3 times over, bought t-shirts, memoribilia, anything that says Eagles on it, and I can't just go to one of their concerts and get a decent seat! I have a hard time paying face value at their prices but how dare they let this happen! It sickens me and really makes me very very sad! I feel terribly unappreciated when I see this happening.

MikeA
03-24-2010, 11:56 AM
Tell us what you really think Willie! <LOL> Not laughing at you at all. I'm encouraging you!

03-24-2010, 12:26 PM
As many of you know, I am one that has somewhat defended the band's ticket prices. Now, I hope nobody misinterprets this - it's not that I like paying these prices - but I don't think it's wrong of the band to charge as much for tickets as the market will bear in a supply-and-demand capitalistic society such as ours.

However, to me, this is the kind of stuff that is indefensible. It is just not ethical to mislead or trick the public like this. It also makes my blood boil that the best tickets ALWAYS end up in the hands of brokers. There is no way that this is coincidence or that the 'powers that be' are ignorant to this. It certainly wouldn't hurt my feelings to see these practices challenged in court!

TimothyBFan
03-24-2010, 12:42 PM
Sorry Mike--that was a wee bit harsh wasn't it? But I was truly "FIRED UP" when I read this! It just angers me so.

Dreamer--now that you put it that way, I think that's part of my problem with the whole thing. If it wasn't such a struggle to try to find a good seat at that price, without having to see all the good seats going for outrageous amounts thru brokers, I think I could handle the asking price a little more reasonably (that is till they start tacking on all the extra charges).

And you say it so much more eloquently than I do. :hilarious:

Brooke
03-24-2010, 01:27 PM
All I can say is this; as long as they (whoever-brokers, etc.) sell the tickets at these outrageous prices they will continue to charge them. When people quit buying, the Eagles will quit touring. They are looking for an excuse. But I don't think that will be anytime soon because people are buying these expensive tickets.

luvthelighthouse
03-24-2010, 04:59 PM
All I can say is this; as long as they (whoever-brokers, etc.) sell the tickets at these outrageous prices they will continue to charge them. When people quit buying, the Eagles will quit touring. They are looking for an excuse. But I don't think that will be anytime soon because people are buying these expensive tickets.

The problem isn't that the brokers are selling them at high prices. The problem is that the general public can NOT access these tickets! You know, back in the day, you had to be first in line at a ticketmaster to get a good seat. Often brokers would have people camped out to get the good seats, then they would sell them at a profit. I can appreciate that. However, the common man could be second in line and get good seats too. There used to be a limit on how many tix you could buy. Now, the good seats are not even released to the GP. I'm sorry, but it's total BS that these seats are held back. Total BS. Trust me, the guys would still sell out arenas and make money... Shame on every single one of them that allows this.

Don sticks up for the recording artists ... who's sticking up for the fans?

TimothyBFan
03-24-2010, 05:06 PM
Preach on my sister!!!!!!:thumbsup:

03-24-2010, 05:18 PM
First of all, Willie - you are too kind. Me ... eloquent ... WOW! Probably not, but I won't tell if you don't! :hilarious:

And I agree here that the general public rarely gets an opportunity to purchase a really good seat at face value. I know that some of the tickets are held back for ILAA, but certainly not all of them. Even if I am the very first person online when the tickets go on sale, I am not given the option to purchase a front row ticket at face value. Yet, I am able to immediately go to a broker site and purchase one for an outrageous price. I'd just like to know how the brokers get these tickets EVERY time ???

Prettymaid
03-24-2010, 07:27 PM
Yeah, it's kinda like going to the store to buy some milk, and all of the milk for the "normal" price has expired dates and all the fresh milk is in a cooler off to the side with a price inflated 2x or more!

TimothyBFan
03-25-2010, 07:10 AM
:hilarious: That's good PM!

Fan_For_Life
03-25-2010, 11:45 AM
The problem isn't that the brokers are selling them at high prices. The problem is that the general public can NOT access these tickets! You know, back in the day, you had to be first in line at a ticketmaster to get a good seat. Often brokers would have people camped out to get the good seats, then they would sell them at a profit. I can appreciate that. However, the common man could be second in line and get good seats too. There used to be a limit on how many tix you could buy. Now, the good seats are not even released to the GP. I'm sorry, but it's total BS that these seats are held back. Total BS. Trust me, the guys would still sell out arenas and make money... Shame on every single one of them that allows this.

This is how I feel too. If you purchase within seconds of ticket release the tickets (VIP seats at least due to higher cost) should be sold from 1st row back in the order they were purchased. I also believe VIP tickets shouldn't be shuffled. Granted, they should try to accomodate when people specifically request to be on a certain side. But to place someone who should've gotten a front row seat because they purchased within seconds 5th row or further back is not right.

As cynical as it sounds, I guess the best seats boil down to who you know or some sort of bribery attempt.

luvthelighthouse
03-25-2010, 12:15 PM
Here’s the thing though… that center section is always off limits! Always! I can see holding out a few for VIPS, but a fraction should still be available to the GP.

Also, if you decided to go you one of your local brokers, they always have those seats. So they aren’t really, VIP, now are they? Also, you can check a couple of your local brokers and they all have the same seats. Well, how can two places sell the exact same seat? They can’t. This means they all get their tickets from one place, the people at TM/NL. TM/NL isn’t going to just hand those tix over to the brokers, they expect a kickback.

Again, it used to be that one broker had some seats, others had different, but still good seats. It’s not like that anymore. They are all in bed with each other. It’s sickening! A face value tix of $200 could easily go for $1,200. Two hundred legit. That’s a 1k profit. Do your really think TM/NL is going to allow a broker that? NO! They probably split that profit 50/50 or 60/40. In any case, this goes back to… how is this legal?

I’m so sick of waiting the last minute to see if you can hopefully, by chance, get a good tix because it didn’t sell via broker/VIP.

Prettymaid
03-25-2010, 12:26 PM
I hear ya LTL. We need to let the lawmakers know how we feel.

03-25-2010, 04:26 PM
Anybody have any lawyer friends that know anything about class action suits ??? ::angel:

Marius Titulescu
04-05-2016, 08:10 AM
It's getting worse and worse. 10 years ago you had 3 (maybe four) types of areas and respective tickets. Now you need a legal adviser just to understand the benefices you have with a VIP pass.