You can hear the interview here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ul7QBkgMc2w

sodascouts
07-18-2008, 05:26 PM
Oh, and here's a video interview from the Jim Kerr show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBAbxNJTCbY

glenneaglesfan
07-19-2008, 04:19 AM
Thanks for the links, Soda, it seems I've missed these.

sodascouts
07-19-2008, 02:02 PM
These are the result of my diligent YouTube searches, GEF - I'm happy to put that to good use! lol

glenneaglesfan
07-20-2008, 06:59 AM
Your diligence is exemplary, Soda! :wink:

Here's Paul Cashmere's take on the Stern interview.

http://undercover.com.au/News-Story.aspx?id=5698

TimothyBFan
07-20-2008, 12:13 PM
I'm sorry, but I think that Mr Felder just keeps sounding more bitter with each interview he does. Told he wasn't allowed to dance during ASWTDID---PLEASE- then explain to me the craziness that goes on onstage every time they play it live now. And the comments about Joe being an employee-- I agree with Mr Cashmere--not his business, but I hardly believe anyone else sees it that way!

sodascouts
07-20-2008, 12:30 PM
Did you notice he messed up the lyrics on Hotel California? Oops! lol

Too bad the whole interview isn't there - after reading Cashmere's article, I wanna hear the whole thing!

Ive always been a dreamer
07-20-2008, 12:42 PM
Me too, Soda. Maybe, it'll be up on You Tube soon. I wish I'd had know about it, I definitely would have recorded it. I did find a little bit more info on HowardStern.com (http://www.howardstern.com/rundown.hs).

sodascouts
07-20-2008, 01:55 PM
I should have looked at DonFelderOnline.com (http://www.donfelderonline.com) before saying anything - GEF put up a link to a very detailed summary of it from marksfriggin.com (http://www.marksfriggin.com/news08/7-14.htm#thu).

Freypower
07-21-2008, 08:12 PM
Oh dear.

Memo, Mr Felder. If, as far as I know you were born in 1947, you turn 61 this year, not 60.

Does anyone else believe the 'Chief Financial Officer' part that Paul Cashmere quotes? Why was that not in the book, if it is a genuine title?

The 'Glenn Frey's songs weren't good enough' stuff is unfair. In the Henley-Frey partnership towards the end Henley wrote the lyrics and Glenn the music. Because Glenn wrote fewer lyrics towards the end doesn't mean his songs weren't good enough or that he hated Henley. Rather as Rolling Stone points out he allowed Henley's songwriting to develop and he supported it. It may be true that this occurred at his own expense but he honestly seemed to think that it was best for the band. If he had wanted to write more lyrics and sing more leads, he would have done so. This is not to say that his relationship with Don did not deteriorate - of course it did. But to reduce it all to this is wrong, in my view.

Anyway, the 'Don Henley Show' stuff should have made Felder happy, as it is quite clear that he believes that Frey does not even have a modicum of talent.

It is a complete exaggeration that there is 'no Joe' on the new album. All I will concede is that Joe could have been more prominent.

I have never, ever thought Felder looked 'pissed' in the HC video. I always thought he looked like he loved every minute of it.

As for the insults directed at Henley, with the final grudging 'he has a great voice', I guess he's run out of insults for Frey.

As for the bit about 'he didn't do it to get back at anyone' please give me a break. Stop the protestations of wide eyed innocence, Felder. It does not work.

Is this what he's going to do for the rest of his life? Play 'his' song and tell people how wonderful he was in 1976, as opposed to being creative? He may think LROOE sounds like 'Nashville' but at least the Eagles are still making music.

I really find this quite distressing and that is all I will say about it, except that of course I defend his right to express his opinion.

JoeFan
07-23-2008, 03:58 AM
Howard talked about the time that Joe Walsh came in and performed Desperado on the show and got into a lot of trouble with Don Henley. He was banned from doing the show for a long time after that. Don said that Joe used to perform ''Life in the Fast Lane'' in his solo act but Henley put a stop to that as well.

I never heard this, I heard that Joe chose not to come back on the Howard Stern show for quite a while because Stern refused to pull Joe's drunken rendition of Desperado. Stern makes it sound as if Henley forbade it.

And why would Henley forbid Joe to do Life in the Fast Lane in his solo shows when he co-wrote the song?

Brooke
07-23-2008, 10:51 AM
I'm reluctant to believe that "CFO" bit, too. A CFO that doesn't know how much money the corp. makes? :roll:

I guess it could have just been a name only title for the paperwork that he decided later was an actual office and justified his query for information.

sodascouts
07-23-2008, 01:18 PM
That "CFO" confused me too. I remember hearing somewhere that Henley's title was "secretary" once, though, so maybe he really did have a title.

JoeFan - I'd heard that Don and Glenn put a stop to Joe doing Desperado in his concerts, but never LITFL. Perhaps Howard got mixed up. As far as Don forbidding Joe to appear on Stern, I'd never heard that either, and I really doubt it. Why should Don care if Joe appears on Howard Stern, as long as he doesn't sing Desperado? I think it is far more likely that Joe was hurt by someone he considered his friend when Howard refused to pull the embarrassing Desperado segment, and Joe didn't want to hang around him anymore.

glenneaglesfan
07-24-2008, 05:43 AM
Surely I've heard of Joe performing LITTL, both solo and with Glenn?

Felder tries to appear so charming when he's interviewed, the innocent victim. All that temptation with drugs and groupies that no one would be able to resist, and then the victimisation by Don and Glenn. :roll: I just wish people would realise that there are two sides to every story.

Brooke
07-24-2008, 10:01 AM
Well, gef, actually, as a very famous songwriter once said, "there's 3 sides to every story; there's your's, there's mine, and the cold hard truth"!
:wink:

Sorry! Couldn't resist! :lol:

sodascouts
07-24-2008, 12:31 PM
Surely I've heard of Joe performing LITTL, both solo and with Glenn?

Yes, he used to do LITFL regularly as part of his set, as did the Party of Two. In fact, I have a bootleg from 2004 were Joe performs it.

So much for that!

Freypower
07-24-2008, 06:56 PM
I do remember reading once that Don Henley didn't think Joe should perform LITFL because he said Joe only wrote the opening riff. This I think was prior to the Party Of Two days. This is just a vague recollection.