PDA

View Full Version : Hello :)

eaglesnroses
08-02-2008, 10:23 PM
Hi everyone. Just wanted to introduce myself. My name's Rebecca. I'm not sure how I initially got into the Eagles really. My parents had a tape of Hotel California and I remember looking at it as a kid, being intrigued by the cover picture. Over the years I'd always loved songs like Take It Easy, Hotel California and Take It To The Limit. The first cd I bought for myself was maybe a year and a half ago? It was The Complete Greatest Hits. It was strange though, I barely listened to it and even when I did it was only a few songs. Then my family went on holiday, it as a huge car trip, I put the first cd on and that was it, I hate to sound dramatic but I fell in love with them. I listened to the cds over and over, and as soon as I got back I began buying any cd that was available. Then I was lucky enough to get a record player for my birthday and so that began me buying as many records as I could. My favourite members are Joe and Tim. I came across this forum one day and well, have sort of been lurking for awhile I guess. You all seem so nice, so I thought I might as well join! It's so good to find a place like this; I only know a couple of people offline who like the Eagles.

Whew. I'm never sure what to say on these things.

Hello though!

siny
08-02-2008, 11:20 PM
Welcome, Rebecca ! New Zealand, huh ? You never know, they might have a concert there some day.

Mrs Henley
08-03-2008, 05:24 AM
Hi everyone. Just wanted to introduce myself. My name's Rebecca. I'm not sure how I initially got into the Eagles really. My parents had a tape of Hotel California and I remember looking at it as a kid, being intrigued by the cover picture. Over the years I'd always loved songs like Take It Easy, Hotel California and Take It To The Limit. The first cd I bought for myself was maybe a year and a half ago? It was The Complete Greatest Hits. It was strange though, I barely listened to it and even when I did it was only a few songs. Then my family went on holiday, it as a huge car trip, I put the first cd on and that was it, I hate to sound dramatic but I fell in love with them. I listened to the cds over and over, and as soon as I got back I began buying any cd that was available. Then I was lucky enough to get a record player for my birthday and so that began me buying as many records as I could. My favourite members are Joe and Tim. I came across this forum one day and well, have sort of been lurking for awhile I guess. You all seem so nice, so I thought I might as well join! It's so good to find a place like this; I only know a couple of people offline who like the Eagles.

Whew. I'm never sure what to say on these things.

Hello though!

Welcome Rebecca!!!
Welcome to The Border, glad you want to join us!!
Maybe the Eagles will visit you over there someday!!!

Have a great time here!

glenneaglesfan
08-03-2008, 07:07 AM
Hi Rebecca and welcome to the Border! We're so glad you've decided to introduce yourself and tell us how you got into the Eagles. I am probably about the same age as your parents, but I bought the Complete Greatest Hits three years ago and completely got back in to their music after that (not to mention enjoying the booklet that came with it!) Do you have the Farewell 1 dvd? That was filmed in Melbourne in 2004, last time they toured 'down under'. It looks as if they might visit Australia in the next couple of years, so hopefully they'll include New Zealand as well. Btw, I love your username!

Ive always been a dreamer
08-03-2008, 12:17 PM
Welcome from me too, Rebecca - We're glad you decided to join us here on The Border. It's a great community of fans and feel free to join right in. I had never heard of The Complete Greatest Hits CD that you and gef mentioned, but it sounds as if it is the same as "The Very Best of" CD - probably the same CD marketed under a different name in different countries. Anyway, I think a lot of fans were "re-introduced" to band's music with that CD like you were. And just an FYI - Joe mentioned in his online chat on Friday night that the Eagles may be coming to New Zealand next year so you may be in luck.

eaglesnroses
08-03-2008, 09:19 PM
Ive always been a dreamer--thanks for the info, I sure hope they come to NZ! And The Border definitely does look like a great community of fans, I'm really glad I joined!

glenneaglesfan--I too love the booklet that came with Complete Greatest Hits, particularly the picture on the back cover :inlove: I have the Farewell 1 dvd (isn't it a great dvd?) and the Hell Freezes Over one too. And thanks for the compliment, I always have a hard time thinking up usernames for things. I'm also a fan of Guns N Roses though, so I figured it sort of worked.

And thanks Siny and Mrs Henley too for such a warm welcome!

DonFan
08-03-2008, 11:19 PM
Welcome, Rebecca! We are glad to have you here!

TimothyBFan
08-04-2008, 09:21 AM
Welcome and YIPPEE!!!! you also like Guns N Roses. One of my very favorite bands also!!! I love Slash, Duff and Steven Adler!!! Anyways, it is always great to see new members who share our interest here. I can tell you from experience since I am a long time fan but newbie on The Border, everyone is so nice here and make you welcome to join in.

eaglesnroses
08-06-2008, 04:45 PM
Thanks DonFan! :D

TimothyBFan--am I in luck! This is great, I join The Border and end up meeting someone who shares my liking for another of my favourite bands.

Thank you again for the welcome, DonFan and TimothyBFan :wave:

Freypower
08-06-2008, 07:26 PM
Welcome from another Antipodean, Rebecca. I live in Sydney.

Complete Greatest Hits is indeed the same as the Very Best Of.

TimothyBFan
08-07-2008, 07:30 AM
Rebecca -we obviously have extremely good taste in music :P . You wouldn't happen to also be a Sweet fan would you? If so, I might have found a new best friend! :lol: :lol:

sodascouts
08-07-2008, 10:47 PM
Hi Rebecca! As soon as I saw your username, I wondered if you were a GNR fan. Glad to see I was right! Welcome and thanks for giving a little info about yourself. We have quite the international board and it seems with you we can add one more country to our roster!

eaglesnroses
08-08-2008, 02:33 AM
Freypower--thanks for the welcome. I know Sydney isn't that far away but I haven't been to Australia yet. Best get a move on~

TimothyBFan-- 8) We do indeed lol

:wink:

I'm gonna admit though--I'm researching Sweet right at this very moment!

SodaScouts-- :D Heehee, I'm glad my username is obvious! One thing I love about forums--people from all over the world coming together and appreciating one common subject. It's great :wink:

Mrs Frey
08-08-2008, 02:44 AM
Welcome to The Border eaglesnroses! :yay: :D It's wonderful having you here. I loved reading about how you came to be such a huge Eagles fan, and so glad you decided to join us! :nod:

eaglesnroses
08-08-2008, 04:30 AM
Thanks Mrs Frey! :D

Maleah
08-08-2008, 04:44 PM
Welcome Rebecca! So glad that you joined us! Thanks for sharing a bit about yourself...it's nice to "meet" you ;)

Glennsallnighter
08-09-2008, 06:58 PM
A Belated welcome from me too Rebecca. I'm from Dublin in Ireland and as most people know here I was always a fan in that I knew and liked many of the Eagles songs over the years and also some of the solo efforts of the band members in the 80's. But I saw them live in 2006, and Glenn :heart: just blew me away! I fell for him that night and am still in love with him now. It is great to have such a wonderful on-line community for us all to share our knowledge and love of our favourite band. I hope you have a great time posting.

My double album is also called 'Complete Greatest Hits' but interestingly enough I have also sourced 'The Very Best of the Eagles'. Its a single disc with 17 tracks, released by Elektra Entertainment, a division of Warner Communications in 2001. The track list is as follows (in order)

OOTN, TIE, HC, NKIT, HT, TS, Desp, BOML, LE, TITTL, ICTYW, PEF, JD, D-D, WW, TLRun, LITFL

:?

eaglesnroses
08-10-2008, 08:40 PM
Thanks Maleah! I love your avatar by the way :)

And thanks too for your welcome, Glennsallnighter. Wow, Dublin--I've always wanted to go to Ireland. It sounds like you really love Glenn :smitten: ! You haven't had a chance to meet him or anything? If not, hopefully soon then!

(Hey, that rhymes with Glenn...)

Glennsallnighter
08-10-2008, 09:02 PM
You're welcome EnR. Yes, I really do love Glenn :heart: . And no! I havent been able to meet him (yet :wink: ) But I hope someday I will.
Hopefully too some day you will make it to Dublin :D

Brooke
08-11-2008, 04:10 PM
Welcome from me, too, enr! Glad to have ya!

I like a few of GnR songs such as Sweet Child O' Mine and Paradise City. Axel is something else! :lol:

eaglesnroses
08-16-2008, 12:45 AM
Hey Brooke! Thanks for your welcome

And yes, he really is! :wink:

GlennLover
08-17-2008, 10:40 PM
Welcome Rebecca! I just joined The Border too, but I have been following the postings for over a year. Glad there are some other newbies other than myself! Looking forward to your posts.