PDA

View Full Version : Report Board Glitches and/or Ask about board issues

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Brooke
12-22-2013, 05:57 PM
Fp, as you can see, I never did get my Santa sig to work like it has in the past.

Also, I have tried to put the Christmas theme on here and nothing works. I've done what you said to do, but when I come back the next time it has changed back to the blue one. I finally just went to the front page and set it there, but when I came back later it changed itself back to the blue one again.

Not a big deal, but I'd like it to be whatever is current.

Freypower
12-22-2013, 06:25 PM
Fp, as you can see, I never did get my Santa sig to work like it has in the past.

Also, I have tried to put the Christmas theme on here and nothing works. I've done what you said to do, but when I come back the next time it has changed back to the blue one. I finally just went to the front page and set it there, but when I came back later it changed itself back to the blue one again.

Not a big deal, but I'd like it to be whatever is current.

Did you try in User CP going to Settings & Options/Edit Options? If you scroll down to the end you can change the Forum Skin.

(I don't have to do that because changing it at the bottom of the main page has always worked for me).

sodascouts
12-22-2013, 09:37 PM
Gosh, I'm so sorry about all these problems! I'll do some research to see if other vbulletin users are having similar issues.

sodascouts
12-23-2013, 02:47 AM
I fixed Brooke's by treating it as an img file remotely linked rather than uploading it as "sig pic." I think it's a file size issue.

Brooke
12-23-2013, 11:44 AM
Fp, I tried that over and over!

Nancy, thanks for fixing it for me! I'm sorry to bother you with this trivial stuff too!

Brooke
01-05-2014, 03:03 PM
I've been trying to change to the EOC default style on my home pc and when I come back it has reverted back to the blue style. Even when I change it on the front page. :headscratch:

sodascouts
01-05-2014, 04:18 PM
Try clearing your cache.

Brooke
01-05-2014, 09:19 PM
I tried that several times and just did it again for the sake of doing it again. Went through the steps you outlined previously, again, to change it to the forum skin. Left here. Came back and back to blue. I give!

Freypower
02-07-2014, 05:36 PM
I have found in IE recently that if I post an emoticon I get the text version of it before I submit the post. The same happens if I put text in bold. I get the text around the text where it used to appear bolded i.e. the Bs in brackets .For colours where in Firefox there is the black A which brings up a palette of colours, in IE they show as words. The words 'fonts 'smilies' & 'attachments' are also words instead of symbols. 'Sizes' which appears next to 'fonts' is in text in both browsers. I have changed no settings in IE at all. This is probably why I have had so much trouble changing signatures.

To illustrate here are screenshots of the text options first in IE, then in Firefox:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/ozeagle/Miscellaneous/IEScreenshot.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/ozeagle/Miscellaneous/FirefoxScreenshot.jpg

VAisForEagleLovers
02-07-2014, 10:57 PM
Are you using the new version 11 of IE?

sodascouts
02-07-2014, 11:22 PM
In IE, your post is on the text editor mode as opposed to the "WYSIWYG" editor mode. You switch by hitting the button on the upper right that has two "A"s in it. The only problem is that box doesn't appear in your IE screenshot, only in the Firefox one, so I'm not sure how to fix it besides recommending you change browsers. Dreamer had the same problem, so it seems an IE compatibility issue that perhaps emerged with a recent browser update.

WalshFan88
02-07-2014, 11:37 PM
I've supported 3 computers with IE11 lately with various glitches. It's a mess. Some had this issue others wouldn't load clickable pictures in online photo albums. I fixed the picture thing by resetting IE in Internet Options. The text editor I've yet to fix.

VAisForEagleLovers
02-07-2014, 11:41 PM
FP, do you have a compatibility button at the top of the page? It's the 'broken page' icon in the pic below. If it's on your screen near the address bar, it means your browser sees the page as 'old'. Select the button and the 'Change Editor' icon might reappear above the smilies. I have version 9 of IE, so mine has it on there already.

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb328/vernakrose/misc/compatibilitybutton_zps0c2d3471.jpg

Freypower
02-09-2014, 05:28 PM
No, I have nothing like that. The only way I can even refresh a page in IE now is to use F5. I will just use Firefox instead. And yes, I'm using IE 11. Thanks for the suggestions anyway. Also, as you can see I just changed the signature in Firefox & it worked first time, so I will just stick with it.

shunlvswx
02-13-2014, 05:51 PM
I have a question for anybody who have an Iphone.

I just got an Iphone and I can't get on the site from my phone for some reason. Its saying Proxy Error and the reason was "Error reading from remote server."

Is anybody having problems getting on the site from their iphone? What I need to do to get the board to show up on my phone?

sodascouts
02-13-2014, 07:29 PM
How strange! Are you using a wireless connection or your phone's data plan?

shunlvswx
02-14-2014, 12:05 AM
I'm using my data plan.

I didn't have a problem getting on the board with my other phone and even my tablet.

sodascouts
02-14-2014, 06:07 PM
I have no idea! Is it the latest iPhone?

Islander canuck
02-15-2014, 03:32 AM
I have a strange problem when I'm logged in nobody's signathre shows up yet I can see them when I'm not.

ETA: Avatars are uneffected.

Ive always been a dreamer
02-15-2014, 12:45 PM
IC - One thing you can check is to hit the reply button in any thread. Scroll down to the 'Additional Options' pane and make sure the 'Show Signature' box is checked. Hope that works. If it doesn't, you'll have to wait for our resident 'techy' expert, Soda, to help you out.

Islander canuck
02-15-2014, 04:02 PM
The signatures are showing up now thanks.

ETA: My signature shows up in my newer posts but not my older ones is that normal?

Freypower
02-16-2014, 12:36 AM
There is a broken link in EOC:

https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/articles/index.htm

When I click on it it says the page is not avaiable & a general error has occurred.

Freypower
02-16-2014, 12:37 AM
The signatures are showing up now thanks.

ETA: My signature shows up in my newer posts but not my older ones is that normal?

If you have only just added the signature that is correct; it won't show up in the posts you made before you created it.

Islander canuck
02-16-2014, 04:08 AM
Ok thanks.

shunlvswx
02-19-2014, 08:52 PM
It's working now.

VAisForEagleLovers
03-19-2014, 07:40 PM
This isn't a glitch or problem, just something I find interesting. I had been using IE 9 and Chrome, sometimes Firefox. I mistakenly upgraded to IE 10 over the weekend, and that didn't work at all, and despite trying for HOURS, I couldn't revert to IE9. So I had to 'upgrade' to IE11 (only Microsoft would call this an upgrade. I call it a serious downgrade.) Now, along the top where the links are for User CP, FlashChat, etc, there's a new one. Open Contacts Popup. It lists all your friends here on the board and allows you to select one or more to send a group PM to. Handy. It didn't show up with IE 9, and it doesn't show up with my versions of Chrome and Firefox.

sodascouts
03-19-2014, 08:57 PM
Hmm! Must be some kind of compatibility feature with the vBulletin software. Odd, though!

MaryCalifornia
03-28-2014, 03:45 PM
A couple of weird things are happening for me:

1) When I'm not logged in, I can see TopKat has a signature with the black satin "E" jackets (see the Schmit Sexiness thread). When I log in, I can't see it - it's not there. Then I log out, and it's there!

2) My theme is set to HFO. Now, when I log out, it automatically reverts every time to On The Border as soon as I log out. This is new, it hasn't happened before. Logging in or out has never affected my theme.

Any suggestions?? Neither of these is a big deal, just weird.

Thanks!!

sodascouts
03-28-2014, 10:46 PM
I have no idea about top kat's sig. I take it you can see others ok?

As for the style change, the style changes to the default once you log out, and the default is currently the OTB style.

MaryCalifornia
03-28-2014, 11:09 PM
OK, thanks. I guess I just never noticed it going to the default when I log out.

sodascouts
03-28-2014, 11:12 PM
If your HFO style was cached on your computer, it may have continued to show as HFO after you logged out. When I changed the default last week, however, your computer might have refreshed the cache. Just guessing.

VAisForEagleLovers
03-29-2014, 09:57 AM
I think it was a good guess, Soda.

Have the pages been slower to load lately than before? Or is this something I can blame on IE 11? It started taking longer to load the pages about the same time I switched (I refuse to say 'upgraded')

WalshFan88
03-30-2014, 04:29 PM
Yes VA - I have... Especially when trying to create a new post...

I'm on Chrome, but I've tried Firefox and Safari and had the same issue. No IE here - I'm a Mac guy. :hilarious:

Also I've been getting the Database errors too, especially at night too.

sodascouts
03-30-2014, 04:38 PM
I have spoken with the hosting company about the database errors and they tell me they think there might be traffic surges causing the slowness. How can there be traffic surges at midnight, though?

WalshFan88
03-30-2014, 04:39 PM
I have spoken with the hosting company about the database errors and they tell me they think there might be traffic surges causing the slowness. How can there be traffic surges at midnight, though?

The last one I had happen was at around 1AM Central Time (US)... Not sure why it would be busy during that time.....hmmm.

Brooke
03-31-2014, 01:43 PM
I've noticed the slowness here too.

On my pc at home I'm still stuck with the blue style. I've changed it like you told me several times and it still goes back to the blue one. I gave up. My pc at work updates to whatever the admin says. :headscratch:

DivineDon
04-01-2014, 07:26 AM
Why does my Avatar keep changing? No offence to the rest of the guys but I'm a Don girl and want to stick with him!

bluefeather
04-01-2014, 07:54 AM
My avatar does that too!:enraged:

DivineDon
04-01-2014, 09:19 AM
My avatar does that too!:enraged:

Not an April Fool's joke by any chance is it 'cos I'm very very serious when it comes to my Don!!! :-x

Houston Baby
04-01-2014, 10:18 AM
Yes, it is APRIL FOOL'S DAY!!!

Soda and the moderators always have a little surprise for us on April 1st. :hilarious:

Brooke
04-01-2014, 11:47 AM
She got me! I read two threads and finally noticed that a Don H av was under my name! I thought, is that a new Brooke? Then it dawned on me! :hilarious:

VAisForEagleLovers
05-03-2014, 06:36 PM
Hey, all, I just thought I'd mention something that Soda and I found today regarding IE 11. I think I mentioned earlier in this thread, or elsewhere, that IE 11 had some annoying differences from previous versions regarding this message board. Actually, it has a lot of annoying differences on just about every website I've ever looked at, and I was a bit lost because the Compatibility Button disappeared from the address bar for this version.

They moved it to the Settings menu (quite possibly it was always there as well and I never noticed). Click on settings, then Compatibility View settings, then add whatever website you're having issues with to the list. For those that don't know, it will make websites that were written for a previous version of IE work with the current version.

05-04-2014, 12:15 PM
Thanks VA and Soda! I think you may have unraveled a problem that a lot of folks, including myself, have been experiencing with IE. After reading your posts, I went in to my compatibility settings and added EOC, and it immediately fixed the disparate problems I have been seeing on the board when signed on to IE such as a different menu at the top and some lost or misplaced functionality. However, of course, as is typical of Windows, the compatibility setting is in a different place for my version. I'm on Win7 and I clicked on the Tools menu, and then Compatibility View Settings to launch the dialog.

VAisForEagleLovers
05-04-2014, 12:46 PM
Yes, I guess they do call it Tools and not Settings! Mine's a picture, and on my phone, the picture is for settings for all the apps. So I get easily confused in the terminology.

ETA: This is off the topic of board glitches, but while we are talking about IE, there was a major vulnerability found a few days ago, and Microsoft issued a new patch the next day. If anyone hasn't yet downloaded and installed it through Windows Updates, you may want to do that as soon as possible.

05-04-2014, 12:49 PM
No problem, VA. It's the technical writer in me that causes me to notice such things. :thumbsup:

WalshFan88
05-04-2014, 01:37 PM
ETA: This is off the topic of board glitches, but while we are talking about IE, there was a major vulnerability found a few days ago, and Microsoft issued a new patch the next day. If anyone hasn't yet downloaded and installed it through Windows Updates, you may want to do that as soon as possible.

Definitely... Big security hole that was patched...

I'm still not sold on IE11 as a browser. Although I know someone who tried to install IE10 over top of IE11 (big no no) in Win8 and it corrupted her machine to the point I had to reformat and completely reinstall the operating system.

VAisForEagleLovers
05-27-2014, 08:59 PM
Is it my imagination, or has the board been significantly slower since Sunday?

DJ
05-27-2014, 09:28 PM
It has been extremely slow for me, I thought it was my computer because we've been having major issues.

05-27-2014, 11:41 PM
I agree - it's been slow for me, too.

GlennLover
05-27-2014, 11:54 PM
I have found it slow as well.

sodascouts
05-28-2014, 09:55 PM
I'll look into it.

zeldabjr
05-30-2014, 03:03 PM
having trouble getting on the board today...anyone else?

Brooke
05-30-2014, 03:41 PM
I did too, but I guess it's back now!

sodascouts
05-30-2014, 06:43 PM
I called my provider and it's fixed.... for now. Once I get a little more money, I think I'll upgrade to a dedicated server. That time is probably far off, though, when there's concerts to go to!

VAisForEagleLovers
05-30-2014, 09:58 PM
It's a shame the Donate button disappeared...

Brooke
06-10-2014, 01:11 PM
The board is very slow for me yesterday and today. Anyone else?

Houston Baby
06-10-2014, 02:11 PM
It was for me yesterday and last night.

Glennsallnighter
06-14-2014, 06:53 PM
Hi guys, I wonder if you can help me with a technical question? I bought a Samsung Galaxy mini smartphone a few weeks back and I love it. I can download or upload (whatever the correct term is) all my documemts, photos etc. However when I try to download any Eagles music or Don Henley it won't work. It says something to the effect 'cannot open this application'. Now I have downloaded their music to my computer and MPI player and they worked fine. Is there some blockage by Warner Bros that means you can only download the music so many times? I don't understand it and the girl in the phone shop hadn't a clue. She'd never even heard of the Eagles - she asked who sang that song when I said I can't play the Eagles...:eyebrow:

I hope you taught her who they are DD!

sodascouts
09-11-2014, 07:11 PM
While board slowness is nothing new, I got an email that my hosting company is doing maintenance and so the site may be even slowER! Sorry guys.

VAisForEagleLovers
09-11-2014, 07:15 PM
It definitely has been slower. Hopefully it'll be a lot better once they're done.

Brooke
09-12-2014, 02:42 PM
Slower for me, but better today than yesterday!

eta: I was wrong! Still very slow!

MaryCalifornia
09-12-2014, 06:35 PM
Slow on my tablet but not slow at all on my chromebook. Varies by device?

sodascouts
09-15-2014, 03:13 PM
The device shouldn't matter since it's a server issue. Strange!

sodascouts
09-24-2014, 09:22 PM
Apparently, my webhost is doing server maintenance today, which explains the excruciating slowness of the board. Sorry!

UndertheWire
10-03-2014, 10:40 AM
Does this board have an "Ignore User" function?

VAisForEagleLovers
10-03-2014, 11:03 AM
Does this board have an "Ignore User" function?

A person can have an IgnoreList, but I don't know how it works, I've never tried it! If you click on someone's username, like on a post, it's the last item in the dropdown list that pops up.

UndertheWire
10-03-2014, 11:14 AM
A person can have an IgnoreList, but I don't know how it works, I've never tried it! If you click on someone's username, like on a post, it's the last item in the dropdown list that pops up.
That worked. I knew I'd seen it somewhere but just couldn't find it.

VAisForEagleLovers
10-03-2014, 11:36 AM
How does it work? Do you not see their posts? Or it doesn't trigger a result in New Posts?

UndertheWire
10-03-2014, 12:03 PM
It isn't that effective. You still see there is a post from that individual but instead of seeing the post, there's a message that the post is hidden and you're given the option to remove that person from your ignore list. If you want to see the post whilst keeping them on your ignore list, there's a "View post" option in the top right of the box.

I just thought I'd give it a try rather than add to any discussions.

sodascouts
10-03-2014, 02:20 PM
Glad you figured it out. I guess hiding the post is the best the board can do! You can also block PMs.

Freypower
12-22-2014, 05:32 PM
I was wondering why the Do Something thread has been locked? I wanted to post there.

12-22-2014, 06:39 PM
I have no idea, FP. I was the last to post in the thread, but I didn't lock it (at least not on purpose). I could unlock it, but I'd like to investigate it first to see what's going on.

12-22-2014, 06:49 PM
I went ahead and reopened the thread. The only thing I can figure out is that I must have accidentally locked it when I posted earlier. Sorry 'bout that!

EagleLady
01-13-2015, 04:46 PM
The Board has been extremely slow for me all day

Brooke
01-14-2015, 03:02 PM
Very slow for me too.

VAisForEagleLovers
01-14-2015, 06:25 PM
It's timing out for me this afternoon, giving me 'page not found' errors. Usually works on the second attempt, but not ideal.

zeldabjr
01-14-2015, 07:22 PM
yes I've been getting that too VA...finally got on...but is very slow

GlennLover
01-15-2015, 01:33 PM
About an hour ago I kept getting a "fatal error" message. Now I'm finding it very slow.

VAisForEagleLovers
01-15-2015, 02:26 PM
Yes, Soda is trying to get it resolved.

sodascouts
01-15-2015, 02:54 PM
Although the board appears to be working now, I'm still unsure of its reliability and it's still unacceptably slow. I haven't recieved an update about it. It's been a very frustrating morning!

Brooke
01-15-2015, 02:55 PM
I couldn't even access it this morning. Now I can, but very slow still.

Freypower
01-15-2015, 04:29 PM
I have tried numerous times to post in Firefox & now IE & all I get is a problem loading page message.

ETA: It finally worked but it is too slow to try anything else.

Jonny Come Lately
01-15-2015, 05:37 PM
I've been having problems lately too, similar to the ones I've seen described on here. Often when I try and get onto the forum and after trying to load for about 30 seconds to a minute or so, I get a message reading 'Page cannot be displayed'. Sometimes I've been unable to get on the forum at all for several days. :sad:

Midnight Visitor
01-17-2015, 01:28 PM
Saturday morning the 17th, still very slow. Sometimes I can't even get on. Sorry Soda!

Glennsallnighter
01-17-2015, 01:35 PM
I could not get on at all on Thursday and I let Soda know, she said she had been onto support for over an hour trying to get it resolved.

However today it is incredibly slow - takes ages to load even a page.

Sorry Soda - just reporting, not complaining - I know you do your best.

sodascouts
01-17-2015, 05:34 PM
No, I need this because they keep insisting it is fixed and closing the ticket, claiming it works fine for them.

It is a huge hassle and expense to change server hosts as I have a two year contract with them, but I am considering it.

VAisForEagleLovers
01-17-2015, 08:39 PM
It's very possible that it works fine for them. If it really does, then it's a network problem between them and the rest of the world. That ought to help them isolate the issue. Next time you talk to them, ask them to try and access it from a different network. From one of their homes or a 4G network and not the wifi in their own building. I do realize it's not always easy figuring these kinds of problems out, but seeing that there is a problem is pretty easy. It's so slow that I get constant timeouts on my screen.

Roey
01-17-2015, 08:41 PM
This is a great site. It is very well organized, informative and fun. I thank you for your hard work. How do you fund it and should we contribute to defray the costs?

01-18-2015, 01:48 PM
I know Soda has been working hard to get the board problems corrected. She was on the phone with the tech support people again last night and, once again, they assured her everything would be working fine within a couple of hours. Sure enough, shortly after midnight, things were working great. Now, again this morning, it has slowed down again - doesn't seem to be as bad as yesterday, but still, it's not running as fast as it should. I know it's frustrating for all of us, but, hopefully, things will be back to normal soon.

VAisForEagleLovers
01-18-2015, 02:49 PM
It does seem to be a bit faster when it works, however it just means I get the 'page cannot be displayed' and 'page won't load' messages quicker. There's more of them than this morning.

sodascouts
01-18-2015, 02:58 PM
Just got back from church to find it on the fritz again! They keep saying they're working on it... so upsetting to me!

Roey, thanks for your sweet offer! I just get nervous that people will think i am trying to profit off the site.

Glennsallnighter
01-18-2015, 03:16 PM
We know you are not Soda, and if you DO need to change server if you throw up the Donate button again, I'm sure many of us with the means to do so will help you towards it. I know too that you often spend quite a bit on maintaining the Border to such a high standard. And thanks so much for that!

sodascouts
01-18-2015, 11:23 PM
I've finally gotten a couple answers. There has been a malicious attack against our server. They have still not been able to successfully counter this attack. They cannot give me a timeline for resolution, but they do say they are working on it.

Brooke
01-19-2015, 10:46 AM
Seems to be good to go today. I wasn't able to access it Friday much and was busy over the weekend.

Hopefully it's fixed!

Soda, I'm sure this is very frustrating for you. Thanks for all you and your helpers do.

EagleLady
01-22-2015, 04:30 PM
Starting to lag a little bit for me again

Funk 50
10-04-2015, 03:55 PM
There is a part of the message board that I struggle to keep up with. I think I've worked out why.

On the On the Road with the Eagles discussion area, The topics with the latest posts do not appear at the top of the page.

I've been documenting Joe's current tour. You'd have scroll past Glenn's page; that hasn't had a post since 09-26-2013, to reach them. I think it may have been better if I posted them in the Joe Walsh, Band Member Discussion Area.

Otherwise, it's an enjoyable breeze reading through all the latest posts... and commenting.

10-04-2015, 04:13 PM
F50 - I really don't know if there's any way to change this or not. Any of the forums that contain sub-forums work this way (i.e. the Former Eagles and Cheap Talk and Wine forums). The thread with the most recent post shows at the top of sub-forum it is posted in, but the order of the sub-forums remains static. I believe it works this way on all message boards, regardless of which software is used. However, Soda is the technical design guru here so I'll defer to her expertise. So, for organizational purposes, you are posting Joe's show information and reviews in the correct place, which is very much appreciated! :thumbsup:

sodascouts
10-04-2015, 05:39 PM
The forums themselves don't change order. In that, they are the same as the main forums. I'm afraid you'll just have to scroll a bit!

NightMistBlue
10-06-2015, 03:07 PM
I just get nervous that people will think i am trying to profit off the site.

No one would think that, Soda, absolutely not.

Freypower
10-06-2015, 05:45 PM
The features you want can be changed using your settings. I admit it's not very clear!

Go to your CP
Select "Edit Options"
Scroll down to "Miscellaneous Options" where you will see "Message Editor Interface."
Using the drop-down menu, select "Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing." (For the curious - WYSIWYG stands for "What You See Is What You Get.")

If you've done all that and still aren't seeing the formatting options, it's a board glitch.

I'll investigate making that the default rather than "Standard."

Edited to Add: This has been changed to be the default, so you don't have to do the whole User CP thing unless you want to change it BACK to the plain standard.

Once you do that, you'll also see the smilies on the side.

The reason that the ones you have selected in the past - the ones at the bottom - always go in the title line are because they are "post icons." They are to indicate whether your thread is something you're mad about, happy about, etc. Certainly, in the absence of the smilies on the right due to your standard text editor, it's understandable you'd get confused by that! So, to make it short and sweet:

Smilies at the bottom are "post icons" that go in the title; smilies on the side are the ones that go into your post.

Since we got Windows 10 I see all the formatting instead of the results; i.e. when I click on a smiley I get the text of it instead of the image & when I bold text I see the B at each end. I have never changed the format from WYSIWYG. This is happening in both Edge & Chrome; we uninstalled Firefox which is the browser I previously used.

sodascouts
10-07-2015, 12:12 AM
I don't think those browsers support WYSIWYG functionality.

DJ
10-07-2015, 01:59 PM
Since we got Windows 10 I see all the formatting instead of the results; i.e. when I click on a smiley I get the text of it instead of the image & when I bold text I see the B at each end. I have never changed the format from WYSIWYG. This is happening in both Edge & Chrome; we uninstalled Firefox which is the browser I previously used.

I've gotten the text on Chrome. Still comes out ok. My problem recently with the site is I cannot sign in. I have a shortcut to my log in. Nothing has changed. I have to go to EOC and go to message board to get in. It's weird.

sodascouts
01-18-2016, 10:37 PM
Please bear with us. The site is going down a lot because of the traffic surges due to the passing of Glenn Frey. If you can't get on now, please try to come again later. We'd love to hear your thoughts.

I know we all want to connect at this time and it's quite frustrating to have this impediment.

SilverAcidRayne
01-19-2016, 02:25 PM
yeah. here was the first place I tried to get into just to see if it was true. I had a feeling that was the reason.

AlreadyGone95
03-05-2016, 06:40 PM
Not a big deal, but the time is is wrong for me. I have it set to my time, which is Eastern Standard Time. It's currently 5:42 pm here, but the time on here is 6:42, and I haven't change my settings. I know that the states will soon spring forward an hour, but that's not for another week(I think). Just wondering what's up with the changes.

Brooke
03-30-2016, 09:20 AM
The board seems to be moving pretty slow for me these days. Anyone else? I don't notice it at other sites.

zeldabjr
03-30-2016, 11:38 AM
The board seems to be moving pretty slow for me these days. Anyone else? I don't notice it at other sites.

I've noticed it too Brooke...I had difficulty even getting on the board last night...very slow...

GlennLover
03-30-2016, 11:52 AM
I had difficulty getting on on Sunday.

AlreadyGone95
03-30-2016, 12:48 PM
Same here. Sometimes, I've had to refresh the page to get it to load, or a page takes several minutes to load. Also almost every night around midnight to 1 am, I can't get The Border to load at all.

Brooke
03-30-2016, 01:20 PM
I don't have trouble getting on, but posts take several seconds to post.

LuvTim
03-30-2016, 03:42 PM
Same here. Sometimes, I've had to refresh the page to get it to load, or a page takes several minutes to load. Also almost every night around midnight to 1 am, I can't get The Border to load at all.

This also describes my issues. Late night, especially. I suspected that Soda might be working on something(?) nightly at that time, it was occurring so consistently.

sodascouts
03-30-2016, 09:52 PM
No. I bought my own dedicated server, but still these problems are happening! I'll talk to them about it.

DivineDon
06-20-2016, 05:39 AM
Hi, I was just wondering out of curiosity really why Don's shows in Sweden and The Netherlands are not listed in the forthcoming events list?

sodascouts
06-20-2016, 09:08 PM
It was an oversight. I've started creating the entries. I should have all of them finished in an hour or so. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

ETA: Done!

DivineDon
06-21-2016, 04:11 AM
No problem - thanks.

Rocky Mountain Way
06-22-2016, 08:05 PM
Hi, I just started here and I customized my signature with a banner image and a quote. I made sure to save it, but now I can't see my signature under my posts. Do I have to post a certain amount to see it or something? I'm using my iPad, and I looked at my posts on my phone's browser and it works fine on there.

I appreciate any help.

Freypower
06-22-2016, 08:10 PM
I can see it RMW

Brooke
06-23-2016, 10:14 AM
So do I.

Rocky Mountain Way
06-29-2016, 12:34 AM
Never mind, I figured out that you have to tick the "show signatures" box in settings.

UndertheWire
09-20-2016, 07:11 PM
The clock on the board seems to be about 8 minutes fast. I noticed because recent posts were showing up as "yesterday" even though it was still before midnight.

I'm set for GMT + 1.

sodascouts
09-20-2016, 07:35 PM
You're right. Hmm. I'll look into it.

ETA: Can't find a manual override for the minutes. We may have to endure it until I get a chance to look more deeply into it.

sodascouts
10-14-2016, 12:49 PM
We might experience some sluggishness and glitches soon. I need to find ways to cut back on expenses and the dedicated server costs almost $300 per month; a shared server is much cheaper. The dedicated server is my biggest monthly expense next to rent! I'm not broke or anything, never fear, but I've realized recently I need to have more money saved for unexpected expenses (like hospital bills). All I can ask is that you stick with us even though the board performance will inevitably suffer.

ETA: Well, it turns out when you tell them you're going to cancel your service they all the sudden find ways to lower the price. I got it down to $100 a month and so I'm keeping it.

Delilah
10-14-2016, 06:33 PM
Wow, Soda I had no idea it was so expensive! Bless you for doing this. I'm so glad they gave you a reduced rate (the same thing happened with our cable bill when we were ready to give it up).

Brooke
10-17-2016, 09:25 AM
Wow, Soda! I had no idea it was so expensive either! I will try to send you some money to help out.

I'm glad they reduced the price for you! Sometimes all it takes is asking! :thumbsup:

Freypower
06-29-2018, 07:43 PM
Do we have any idea what is causing this problem?

The problem where you have one space between lines & it shows up

like this?

I'm tired of having to edit every post that has more than one line in it.

sodascouts
06-30-2018, 04:23 PM
I'm looking into it but no luck so far.

Are you using Firefox Browser? It isn't happening to me in IE or on my phone, only when I use Firefox. It might be a problem with the latest browser update's compatibility with the WYSIWYG editor.

Freypower
06-30-2018, 08:39 PM
I'm looking into it but no luck so far.

Are you using Firefox Browser? It isn't happening to me in IE or on my phone, only when I use Firefox. It might be a problem with the latest browser update's compatibility with the WYSIWYG editor.

Yes, I'm using Firefox. OK, I will test this in Chrome.

Let's see..

It's OK in Chrome. I no longer use IE.

CAinOH
06-30-2018, 08:54 PM
I did a Google search, and this came up:
https://www.fxsitecompat.com/en-CA/docs/2018/rich-text-editor-s-newline-behaviour-has-been-changed-now-generates-div-instead-of-br/

When I do a "view source" on this page, FP's posts are doing exactly this, adding a <br/> instead of a </div> at the end.

sodascouts
07-01-2018, 09:27 PM
Ah! I see. That makes sense. It also explains similar problems I've encountered elsewhere.

So is the easiest fix just to download Firefox 60? I thought I had the latest update!

CAinOH
07-01-2018, 09:32 PM
Did some further reading, and that's the main suggestion. A couple of people pointed out that vbulletin should issue some kind of go-between to work with pre- and post version 60, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

sodascouts
07-01-2018, 09:40 PM
Did some further reading, and that's the main suggestion. A couple of people pointed out that vbulletin should issue some kind of go-between to work with pre- and post version 60, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

I just did a check and I have Firefox 61 which was released in May, so they might have reverted to < b >. I only started having this problem recently, and now that I think about it, it probably coincided with that update.

Freypower
07-01-2018, 10:38 PM
I also have the latest version of Firefox.