PDA

View Full Version : Hello all :)

Wildthyme
08-23-2008, 04:49 PM
Hi! My name is Cami and I have found my way here via my real life BFF Rhonda (aka ticky). We have been friends since waaaaaaaaaaay back in college (26 years now) and I am an Oregonian too although I live on the opposite end of the state from her and the family.

I have been listening to the Eagles' music as long as they have been a group but it wasn't until several years after they broke up that I actually knew much about them as a whole. About the same time I become a fan of Glenn Frey when he was working solo, a friend of mine gave me a copy of The Long Run and I made the connection. And after that I kept discovering how many songs that I knew and loved were their songs.

While I never stopped listening to their music, a few years back ticky invited me to join her at the Eagles concert in Portland. It was, without a doubt, the best concert I have ever attended and I rediscovered "the boys" and their music. Since then I have bought a couple of albums, downloaded tunes on the internet and have really come to love the music they made both as a group and on their own.

Anyway, I look forward to being part of this forum. I might not be around as much as some but I will do my best to keep up!

glenneaglesfan
08-23-2008, 05:30 PM
Hello, Cami, and welcome to the Border! It's great to hear that Rhonda is spreading the word!

I'm across the pond in England, but am also a rock solid Eagles fan since seeing them three times in 2006, and a further boost in March 2008. They are simply the best!

I love your user name. Wild Mountain Thyme is one of my favourite Glenn solo songs ever.

ticky
08-23-2008, 05:45 PM
Wild Woman!!! well it's about time! hehehe. Another Glenn-o-phyte to add to the mix. Anyhow, Im glad you made it *grin* She didnt mention she has a vinyl copy of The Greatest Hits AUTOGRAPHED by ALL the boys (coveted greatly by me!) And I see you found *my* favorite Glenn avatar! OH baby! (He's no Joe, but still.. *pantpant*)

Mrs Henley
08-24-2008, 08:38 AM
Welcome on the Border Cami! Glad you joined us! :)
And I also like your nickname and avater, I'm not a real fan of Glenn, but still he's cool!

Have a lot of fun here!
And Rhonda, thanks for spreading the Border in the world!

DonFan
08-24-2008, 10:30 AM
Welcome to The Border, Wildthyme! We're glad you're here!
What is the story behind the autographed album? Did you get to meet the guys?

Prettymaid
08-24-2008, 10:44 AM
And I see you found *my* favorite Glenn avatar! OH baby! (He's no Joe, but still.. *pantpant*)

:nod: That's right, ticky. She can have Glenn. That's more Joe for us!

Welcome, Wildthyme!

Mrs Henley
08-24-2008, 01:13 PM
she has a vinyl copy of The Greatest Hits AUTOGRAPHED by ALL the boys

Yes indeed, what's the story? :)

sodascouts
08-24-2008, 02:10 PM
Welcome Cami! I think you'll find a lot of like-minded individuals here! lol

TimothyBFan
08-24-2008, 03:44 PM
Welcome from me also Cami. Hope you enjoy yourself here on The Border and post often. Lots of interesting and fun stuff to be found here. Great people also.:smile:

Wildthyme
08-24-2008, 04:44 PM
Yes indeed, what's the story? :)

Not much of a story really. I bought it on ebay a few weeks after going to the Eagles concert with ticky because someone was selling it really cheaply so it was a bargain I couldn't pass up... I really wish I could say I got all their signatures myself... :sigh:

Freypower
08-24-2008, 07:46 PM
Welcome to The Border, Cami. Always good to see another Frey fan here.:makeout:

GlennLover
08-24-2008, 09:57 PM
Welcome from me too Cami. Glad to have another "Glenn Lover".

Brooke
08-25-2008, 10:32 AM
Welcome to The Border, Wildthyme! Love your user name. Very cute! Glad you found us!

That's very cool that you have an autographed album! 8)

Mrs Henley
08-25-2008, 03:57 PM
Not much of a story really. I bought it on ebay a few weeks after going to the Eagles concert with ticky because someone was selling it really cheaply so it was a bargain I couldn't pass up... I really wish I could say I got all their signatures myself... :sigh:

Ah OK, well at least you can say that you have an autographed Eagles album!

Glennsallnighter
08-25-2008, 05:23 PM
Welcome from me too WT! I'm from Dublin in Ireland and while I always liked the Eagles music after seeing them play live (really after seeing GLENN :heart: live and in the flesh.....) in 2006 I became a real hard core fan and Glenn lover. I saw them again with GEF, MF and my daughter Laura (Timtot) las t March. I love your av too! It makes me think very impure thoughts :wink:. I hope you enjoy your time on the Border.

Wildthyme
08-26-2008, 12:26 AM
Welcome to The Border, Wildthyme! Love your user name. Very cute! Glad you found us!

That's very cool that you have an autographed album! 8)

Thanks.... I like my nick too... picked it on a whim about 10 years ago and it turned out to be kind of appropriate for this board... :blueblob:

Ive always been a dreamer
08-26-2008, 04:35 PM
WT - welcome from me as well. Glad you found us and hope you like it here on The Border. This is a great place to get information and converse with other Eagles fans. Enjoy!

Molly
08-28-2008, 12:30 PM
Welcome and enjoy, Cami!