PDA

View Full Version : Hello everybody!

Tessa
08-28-2008, 10:02 AM
Hello from Austria!

My name is Tessa, I'm 33 yo and listening to the Eagles since the age of 7 (thanks, Mum! :thumbsup:). I've always dreamed of beeing on a concert and this year it happend. Together with my fiancé I saw them live in April in London.

It was just....WOW. :inlove:

My favorite birdie :nahnah: is Don close followed by Glenn.
But when it comes to pictures I only like the "old faces"....starting around 2001 :blush: And since I was on that beautiful concert, standing real close to the stage, I prefer actual pictures of Don and Glenn. They're both looking gorgeous nowadays. :xoxo:

It really should be forbidden to look that sexy at the age of 60!! :nahnah:

Please bear with me if I make mistakes...english is not my mother language and sometimes I'm the only one who understands my grammar :shy:

Have a great day everybody!

Tessa

Mrs Henley
08-28-2008, 11:25 AM
Hi Tessa and welcome on The Border!
Glad to have you here!!!

Austria, love that country! I'm from the Netherlands so don't talk about language mistakes! hahaha!

Great that you saw them in London this April!!! and that you enjoyed the show of course! Two before your concert I saw them in Rotterdam!

Hope you have a lot of fun here!
And it's cool to have a new Don fan here!

ticky
08-28-2008, 11:28 AM
Hi Tessa and Welcome!
I think you'll have a great time here everyone is so nice and it's a lot of fun.
Most of the people here are Don and Glenn fans but Joe is my guy and Tim is a sweetheart!
Lucky you to get to go to the concert in London! I havent seen my boys (The Eagles of course) since they were here at the Farewell 1 concert back in '02. Im so jealous of all the ladies here going to the up coming concerts here in the states. The Guys arent coming any where near the west coast (Im in Oregon). I have to live vicariously through everyone else :sigh:
Still they have great pictures and LOTS of info on our Boys here so you'll have a great time!!
Welcome and have fun!!

TimothyBFan
08-28-2008, 12:12 PM
Welcome Tessa--Glad you have joined us all here! We all speak the same language--EAGLES--here, so don't worry about that!! Another Don lover huh?--I am a minority on this board. I love them all in my own little way tho. I, like yourself, have been a long time fan (34 years for me) and will be seeing them for the first time in Chicago on the 24th. :thumbsup: Hope you join in often and enjoy yourself here!!

Molly
08-28-2008, 12:33 PM
Hi, Tessa! Welcome and enjoy!

Brooke
08-28-2008, 01:41 PM
Welcome Tessa! Glad you found us!

This is a fun, fun place for all Eagles fans! :nod:

glenneaglesfan
08-28-2008, 01:59 PM
Hi Tessa, and welcome to the Border! I'm so glad you enjoyed the concert in London. I saw the Eagles there too, and was blown away! The boys really have improved with age, haven't they?;) Btw, your English is very good!

I visited your beautiful country in 1999. We had a day in Salzburg and two days in Innsbruck - not long enough, but we were travelling around Europe to a tight schedule. I'd love to stay longer.

sodascouts
08-28-2008, 03:05 PM
Welcome from me, too, Tessa! I love that we have so many nations represented on our board. Your English reads fine to me!

Prettymaid
08-28-2008, 03:40 PM
Hi Tessa! Although it may seem as though I lean toward a certain Eagle, I really like the whole band and have always preferred their music to the solo works. I, like TBF and Maleah, will be at the Sept. 24th show in Chicago. It will be my first:partytime:. Looking forward to getting to know you here!

Tessa
08-28-2008, 05:50 PM
Thank you everybody for your nice answers :)

I'm sure I will like it here.

Freypower
08-28-2008, 06:25 PM
You will enjoy it Tessa, I promise. Welcome.

Glennsallnighter
08-29-2008, 04:01 AM
Hi from me too Tessa. I have noticed you surfing over the last while. I live in Dublin and have seen the boys live twice. Glenn :heart: is my favourite and I'll take him any way I can, pictures, audio, video....you name it:inlove:

Agreed, but hey, who's complaining? Anyway Glenn :heart: is only 59:wink:

Please bear with me if I make mistakes...english is not my mother language and sometimes I'm the only one who understands my grammar :shy:

Tessa

I understand you perfectly Tessa, when it comes to admiring and drooling over our boys:) Have fun here!

Tessa
08-29-2008, 04:35 PM
Hi from me too Tessa. I have noticed you surfing over the last while.
Yap, right. I'm here since April. Thought it would be time to introduce myself because there are so many Threads I'd like to join :partytime:

DonFan
08-29-2008, 05:37 PM
Welcome, Tessa! LOVE your av!

Ive always been a dreamer
08-29-2008, 05:43 PM
Welcome from me as well, Tessa. Glad you finally decided to join us here on The Border. Hope you enjoy yourself here. Believe me, your English is just fine. You know - I've said this before, but I have a lot of respect for all of our members whose first language is not English. I would never have the nerve to join a non-English speaking message board, so I say kudos to all of you for having the courage to join in here.

ticky
08-29-2008, 06:05 PM
Dreamer, I agree totaly. Bravo for all of you who are not native to the english language. *I* have a hard enough time talking/typing english and I was an English major in college!! (ok, for 2 terms.. whatever *grin*) Anyhow, You guys are doing great!!

Mrs Henley
08-29-2008, 06:10 PM
Thanks Dreamer & Ticky! :)
I've to say it also to the other non-English speaking members!
You're doing great! :)

Tessa
08-29-2008, 08:13 PM
Well, joining a non-german-speaking board is kind of adventure, but I'm in a lot of english speaking yahoogroups and since my finacé is from Belgium I have to speak a lot of english these days *g*. He speaks flemish (mother language), french, english and a bit german - I only speak german, english and a bit flemish (still learning; I can read, but don't really speak; I'm not familiar with the grammar yet). Seems that the only chance to communicate is when we both use english.

So an english speaking message board is a good chance to practice my english.

Thank you so much for your kind words :grouphug:

Glennsallnighter
08-30-2008, 06:05 PM
Seems that the only chance to communicate is when we both use english.

Thank you so much for your kind words :grouphug:

Don't forget non-verbal communication Tessa! ie Body language!!

Mrs Henley
08-30-2008, 06:16 PM
yes!
oh and Tessa, I also speak German and English (Dutch is my mother language) .

But just what GA said (GA i'm not online at msn....it's not working anymore since i signed off) body language is also a good way to talk!

So two messages in one post Lol!

Tessa
08-30-2008, 07:24 PM
But just what GA said (GA i'm not online at msn....it's not working anymore since i signed off) body language is also a good way to talk!
Yes, but it gets exhausting as time goes on :love::blush::mrgreen:

Mrs Henley
08-30-2008, 07:48 PM
hahaha true!

rickmullen
09-07-2008, 11:58 PM
Hello everyone! I'm just getting ready for the concert in Nashville
on 9/18/08. Anyone else going?

DonFan
09-08-2008, 12:13 AM
Welcome Rick! We're glad you're here!
I had originally planned to go to Nashville but I won't be able to, due to a schedule conflict.
I hope you have a great time and please come back and tell us all about it!

ticky
09-08-2008, 12:19 AM
Hey Rick
I WISH I were going to any of the concerts, but I'm on the west coast and there's nothing this side of the Rockies (the rest of this bunch can atest to my frustration.. grrr..) Have a wonderful time in Nashville! cant wait to hear about it.

Littlemelly9
09-08-2008, 06:57 AM
Hello from Austria!

My name is Tessa, I'm 33 yo and listening to the Eagles since the age of 7 (thanks, Mum! :thumbsup:). I've always dreamed of beeing on a concert and this year it happend. Together with my fiancé I saw them live in April in London.

It was just....WOW. :inlove:

My favorite birdie :nahnah: is Don close followed by Glenn.
But when it comes to pictures I only like the "old faces"....starting around 2001 :blush: And since I was on that beautiful concert, standing real close to the stage, I prefer actual pictures of Don and Glenn. They're both looking gorgeous nowadays. :xoxo:

Tessa

Hi I'm LM I'm Kinda New Here Too nice to meet you.

TimothyBFan
09-08-2008, 08:57 AM
Welcome Rick!! Have fun in Nashville! I am also excited because I will be seeing them on the 24th in Chicago.:thumbsup: Be sure and come back and tell us all about the Nashville show!

sodascouts
09-08-2008, 12:54 PM
Hi Rick - welcome! I'm going to the Chicago show too - but I sure wish I could travel to Nashville as well. ;)

Brooke
09-08-2008, 01:39 PM
Hi Rick! Glad you found us!

Please come back and tell us all about the show!

glenneaglesfan
09-08-2008, 01:41 PM
Hi Rick, welcome to the Border! I'm lucky enough to have seen them in London this year, and it's an awesome show. Enjoy Nashville!

Ive always been a dreamer
09-08-2008, 01:52 PM
Hi Rick - and welcome from me as well. Glad you found us and hope you enjoy yourself here on The Border. Like DF, I was also planning on going to the Nashville show, but sadly, I am not going to make it. Anyway, hope you have a great time, and come back and tell us all about it.

Littlemelly9
09-08-2008, 03:37 PM
Welcome and Hi!!!!!!

rickmullen
09-08-2008, 05:38 PM
Thanks for all the "welcomes", everyone! It's good to be here.
The Eagles show will be somewhat nostalgic for me as my very
first concert was a James Gang concert with Joe Walsh some
30 plus years ago. I'm really looking foward to it. We have 9th row
floor tickets. :rockguitar: We are right center stage so I should be right in
front of Joe. I hope.

Prettymaid
09-08-2008, 10:38 PM
9th row? Awesome, Rick. Be sure and give us some feedback afterwards.

Mrs Henley
09-13-2008, 07:47 PM
Welcome Rick! :) Hope you enjoy it here!