Page 1 of 31 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Walsh Greatest Hits Survivor!

Default Joe Walsh Greatest Hits Survivor!

Time for the Joe Walsh’s Greatest Hits: Little Did He Know (aka The Definitive Collection) Survivor, where we vote off Joe’s greatest hits until we get to the last one standing!

If you're new, for a basic overview of the game, see this post: Survivor Overview

I'm going to list the songs from Little Did He Know here. Vote for the song that you feel should be eliminated from the list. The song that gets the most votes will be taken off of the list (or, in the language of Survivor, "Voted off of the island.") Each round, one more song will get axed, until there's only one left. Remember: you're voting for your LEAST favorite, not your favorite.

Each round will last 48 hours after posting to give people a chance to vote who don't post every day. That means that the first round will end at 8:00 Eastern Daylight time (GMT – 4 hours) the day after tomorrow. If you miss a round, don't think you can't play. It's all good!

Since there may be discussion posts, be sure to make it clear when you are casting your vote. Votes cannot be cast after the cut off time of 8:00 on the second day, and they cannot be changed once you have voted.

If you get confused about what round we are in, look at this post. I'll always update it to reflect the current round. Also feel free to post any questions if you don't understand what's going on.

If there is a tiebreaker, then ALL votes from ALL previous rounds are tallied and whoever has the most prior votes is eliminated. That’s the way it’s done on the real show, that’s the way it’s done here. If there is a complete tie with prior votes (Murphy’s Law), then I'll have a sudden-death trivia question ready. The first person who answers it correctly gets to break the tie. The odds of that happening are slim, but you never know, and it's good to be prepared.

The tie-breaker question will be asked one hour after results are in, if there is need for it. The exception is the last round. If the tie-breaker does not resolve the last round, then the tie will be allowed to stand.

For this Survivor, we also have immunity questions. We won't have immunity questions on the first or second-to-last-rounds, and of course we won't have them for the last round, lol. However, for the other rounds, we will.

Here's how immunity questions work. After the beginning of the round, I ask a Walsh-related question. The first person who answers the question correctly gets to pick a remaining song to be immune - no one can vote for it on the next round. I'll allow two hours for someone to answer. If no one gets it right by then, then we continue the round as normal without any song being immune. You only get one guess per round, so be careful!

The winner of the Joe's Greatest Hits Survivor is...

LIFE'S BEEN GOOD!

Congratulations LIFE'S BEEN GOOD.

Songs eliminated:
    Mothers Says 09/04/08
    Midnight Man 09/06/08
    Tend My Garden 09/08/08
    Meadows 09/10/08
    The Confessor 09/12/08
    The Bomber 09/14/08
    Ordinary Average Guy 09/16/08
    Turn To Stone 09/18/08
    All Night Long 09/20/08
    A Life of Illusion 09/22/08
    Walk Away 09/24/08
    Help Me Thru The Night 09/26/08
    Rocky Mountain Way 09/28/08
    Funk #49 09/30/08

The game is over.

Thanks for playing.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Default Round 1 - Midnight Man

It's not that Midnight Man is bad, it's just not that great. And the whole "Midnight Man, be mine" part confuses me, since most of the song is sung by a dude!

I cast my vote for Midnight Man.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

Default Re: Joe Walsh Greatest Hits Survivor!

Im with Soda. It's not my favorite Joe song, and definatly my least favorite off this album.
    I vote for Midnight Man also.

It's funny, Midnight Man is probably my 'most improved song', in that I like it much more now than when I first heard it. It's really grown on me, especially the third verse female vocal. That parts just so pretty...

The man and woman are singing to each other, therefore...
    (Man) I'm your Midnight Man
    (Woman) Midnight Man be mine.

I'd rather see Mother Says go the first round. The tune is very repetitive and it's my least favorite song on this cd.

I cast my vote for Mother Says.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border AzEaglesFan's Avatar

I'll go with Mother Says too. Midnight Man has started to grow on me, the more I hear it the better I like it.

Can't say I care for either of them but for this round my vote for elimination goes to Mother Says...

Stuck on the Border

How strange. I had to familiarise myself with both songs yesterday, and they are my least favourite. Midnight Man didn't really work for me, so I cast my vote for Midnight Man.

I like a lot of the album, but Midnight Man is not my fav.

I cast my vote for Midnight Man too
    Let somebody love you, before it's too late..

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Sorry-but I'm gonna be the odd man out here. I really don't mind Midnight Man or even Mother Says. My least favorite off this album is Tend My Garden. It just never grew on me.

I vote for Tend My Garden
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    Sorry-but I'm gonna be the odd man out here. I really don't mind Midnight Man or even Mother Says. My least favorite off this album is Tend My Garden. It just never grew on me.

I vote for Tend My Garden
    No pun intended, Willie?
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.