Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031 LastLast

Thread: Joe Walsh Greatest Hits Survivor!

Default Re: Joe Walsh Greatest Hits Survivor!

Congratulations Life's Been Good!

I think it would be interesting to hear what everyone's choice to win actually was.

Mine, in case I haven't made it clear, is Walk Away. I love everything about it. I love the guitar riff at the beginning. I love the melody of the song. I love the harmonizing vocals in the song. I love the rhythm of the song. I love the guitar solo. The song makes me happy!

I'm going to go listen to it now!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Congratulations to Life's Been Good!!!

I don't think it's any secret that this is the song I wanted to win it all. It is, by far, my favorite and what I believe, the best Joe solo song. I think it is an awesome song both musically and lyrically, and very worthy of the win.

PM, I actually think Walk Away may be my second favorite Joe solo song, followed very closely by Rocky Mountain Way. A Life of Illusion and Ordinary Average Guy probably round out my Top 5.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

Conservative though this makes me sound, mine is Rocky Mountain Way, if only because of when the Eagles do it, the way Glenn harmonises on the 'cryin' 'cause the story's SAAAAAAD' part, and also because Glenn did a fantastic version of it in Japan in 1992, but going back to 1975 this was the first song by Joe I had ever heard, and I thought it was unique.

My top ten by Joe are probably as follows:

1. Rocky Mountain Way
    2. Funk #49
    3. Life's Been Good
    4. The Confessor
    5. Second Hand Store
    6. Rosewood Bitters
    7. Walk Away
    8. Help Me Through The Night
    9. A Life Of Illusion
    10. Indian Summer (I like 'mellow' Joe, I have to admit, and I love the But Seriously Folks album. I could also have included both Over And Over and At The Station).

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

Funny, that question would have been a lot easier when this all began, but ya know, I loaded a whole bunch of different Joe songs (including all of these) to my pod when we started and, over time, I have become so attached to all of them, even the ones I voted against early on!
    Of course I've become VERY attached to HMTTN but medows and Mother Says and The Bomnber all are wonderful!
    If I'd had my choice, I really dont know, The Confessor maybe? HMTTN? One that I love that wasnt even in play is Ashes, The Rain and I . Joe's a poet.

I have been a Walsh Addict since late in 1969 when "Yer Album" was released. I believe it was December of '69 that "The Black Narcisus" (a "head shop" I hung out at to listen to new music on audiophile quality gear) played "Woman". I got the name of the "The James Gang" and have been listening to Walsh ever since. There is no way I can think of all of the music that Walsh has given us and come up with one favorite.

Sort of depends on the mood I guess. Or what particular misadventure I was involved with at the time. I was just getting started with my career when "Yer Album" was released. I had escaped "Woodstock" the previous summer (had to WORK and THEY wouldn't let me off for the week to drive up to New York!). I think that was when I decided to "grow up." Joe has been releasing songs ever since and there is probably one of his or one of the Eagles with Joe that was playing in the background during every major milestone of my life that I can remember.

I listen to other artists...Led Zep, Who, SRV, Guy, Clapton, Joplin, Hendrix, CCR, Canned Heat, Dilana......but when I really want to get down with sound, I always return to Walsh in whatever manifestation (Solo, James Gang, Barnstorm or Eagles)

MikeA

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Way to go Lifes Been Good!!!!

I agree with Ticky--picking the favorite one to win at the beginning seemed so easy but now I really don't know. I've listened to them all several times and it changes each time I hear them. I really love LBG but also Walk Away, OAG and Turn To Stone.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Congrats Lifes Been Good!
    Let somebody love you, before it's too late..

Congrats to Life's Been Good, my favorite all along!

I don't think it's a secret that I really wanted Help Me Thru the Night to win, but Life's Been Good is a great song. I can't begrudge it. I also would have been happy with Funk #49, Walk Away, or Turn to Stone winning. Joe's got a lot of classics!

BTW, I thought was interesting that out of those who voted, every Joe hardcore except one picked Funk #49 to win!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I noticed that too, Soda.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.