Page 252 of 302 FirstFirst ... 152202242248249250251252253254255256262 ... LastLast
Results 2,511 to 2,520 of 3011

Thread: Celebration of Eagle Hotness (Sept. 2008 - May 2013)

Default Re: Celebration of Eagle Hotness

I sometimes wonder, when they find a shirt they really like if they buy in bulk!
    You were just too busy being FABULOUS....

Victim of Love

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    The reason my photos have titles like that is so I can find them. If you name them after cities you know where they are. I was more specific with the Atlanta photos because I had other photos which were just called 'Atlanta'.

<snip>

My avatars on the other hand have more 'interesting' names.
    I have naming conventions for all the photos I upload - the name of who's in them, first initial last name (GFrey, DHenley, etc) and then it varies - for live shots, it's usually location and date and number if there are more than one (GFreyAtlanta2010-01) preceded by the photographer if I know them (GFreyJessAtlanta2010-01) or something like that. if I get it from a magazine, tourbook, songbook etc I indicate that usually - GFreyLROOETB01).

However, when it's a photo where I can't identify where it was taken or where it originated, I do sometimes name them special stuff.

For instance,

GFreyGuitarHotness:

GFreySmokinHot:

GFreyDonLookinGood:

Or sometimes I just name them things for my own amusement. For instance:

GFreyGolfWhores

But to keep this on topic...

eaglesgefLRHot

ie, photo of the Eagles from glenneaglesfan's collection, Long Run era... HOT!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

I've noticed you do that but if I called all my photos starting with 'GFrey' I'd never find them.

I called this 'Decent Barn Pic' because I love this photo & this was the first decent sized version of it I saw.

Whereas this is 'Lifesize'. It was huge but it seems to have shrunk.

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

"Lifesize" works for me. That is one hot shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Henley Honey View Post
    "Lifesize" works for me. That is one hot shot.
    And the Barn Shot is so adorable - Timothy really has the awww factor happening there.
    ---------------------------------
    Suzanne

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Yep - all these pictures are so HS&G as far as I'm concerned. And here are a few more HS&G ones from the old thread ...

These first two are from Birmingham, UK in 2006 ...

And this one is from the Walden Woods Benefit in April 1990 ....

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post

And this one is from the Walden Woods Benefit in April 1990 ....

Memories! I was at that Walden Woods show. My seat was at about that angle, only several rows farther back. It's the closest I've been yet to seeing the Eagles live. Maybe next year!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Wow, WE - I would have loved to have been there at that show. You'll have to tell us more about it. And, I'm crossing all my fingers for you that next year will be your year to see the band live.

Here are a few more old pictures that haven't been posted in a while. Hope folks don't mind seeing these repeated, but I figured some of the newer folks to the board may especially enjoy them.

These first two are from Twickenham 2006 ...

And I'm not sure about the year on this one without looking it up, but some of you others out there may remember. I'm thinking it was also 2006, but can't remember for sure. In any event, it's quite nice ...

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

And I'm not sure about the year on this one without looking it up, but some of you others out there may remember. I'm thinking it was also 2006, but can't remember for sure. In any event, it's quite nice ...

Thanks for the great photos, Dreamer! I think the one above (based on the title of the photo) is from the 2003 Recording Artists Coalition concert??
    ---------------------------------
    Suzanne

Wow, WE - I would have loved to have been there at that show. You'll have to tell us more about it. And, I'm crossing all my fingers for you that next year will be your year to see the band live.
    Great pics, Dreamer!

I posted about the Walden Woods show in one of the "Cheap Talk and Wine" threads back during the summer. Here's what I wrote:

"I've never been fortunate enough to see the Eagles live in their entirety. I didn't start liking them until 1980, so no shows there and I was too young anyway. And more recently, whenever they were in the area, I either didn't hear about it until later or couldn't afford to go.

I've seen a couple of Henley shows though, and the last one gave me the biggest Eagles-thrill of my life. It was April 24, 1990 and Don was doing his first concert for Walden Woods in Worcester, MA. Bonnie Raitt, Jimmy Buffett and Bob Seger were there, but as far as we knew, this was the bill. No other "special guests" had been announced, to our knowledge.

Toward the end of the show though, Don introduced some additional "friends" - Timothy B. Schmit and Glenn Frey. I screamed! I cried! It was a dream come true. I never imagined that I'd EVER see Don and Glenn playing together again. After all, the Eagles had been apart for 10 years! And having Timothy too was icing on the cake. Glenn played "Smuggler's Blues" and to be absolutely honest, besides "Desperado" and "Hotel California", I could not have told you what the setlist was until seeing it on fan sites recently. I was that blown away. My boyfriend had to drive home because I was literally shaking with excitement.

I still hope to someday see the whole band, but even if I don't, that night will always be something special."

Oh and this is good - over Christmas, I found out that my brother and his wife went to see one of the stadium shows in Foxboro, MA with Keith Urban and the Dixie Chicks a couple of years ago. WHAT?!! I didn't even know my brother LIKED the Eagles! Once more, days late or dollars short.

That's it. The saving starts now for a 2012 show, college payments or not! My husband has already been warned!