Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Tulsa, OK 11-11-08

Border Desperado

Default Re: Tulsa concert

Yeah, it would be nice if they mixed it up a little more. That's why I was
    hoping for reports from other cities just to see if the set list was going
    to be EXACTLY the same night after night. I guess we shall soon see.

Rick

I watched some of my DVDs of early concerts (mid to late 70s) and they have come from a diamond in the rough to a finely polished gem, their sound is better now than ever. I think they have perfected their craft better than any other group out there!
    I finally got to a concert this summer,it just took me 30 some years to get there! I've been to other concerts but I have to say the Eagles are by far the best ones I've seen. I got to see them in Philly, where Glen and Timothy's wives come from! and Boston. Each concert was a bit different, Philly was a bit more sedate (I think because the families in law were there!) and Boston was really wired! The electricity in the air at one of their concerts is just amazing there is nothing like it! They sound phenomenal live, just like their albums and that is very hard to do. Pictures can't really do them justice either they are fantastic. I think they keep the song list the same as it makes it easier to keep the show going smoothly and for less problems and less chance of mistakes, that's what I seem to remember from an old interview.

Welcome to the Border, TimothysGirl, and thanks for sharing your experiences with us! I hope you will have some fun here. I saw the guys on March 20 in London (the first concert of the 2008 tour), and I have to agree, they are awesome. It was the first time they had played some of the songs from the LROOE, and in many ways quite ambitious, especially with the lengthy title track and Waiting In The Weeds, but they triumphed.

Quote Originally Posted by Peekaboo View Post
    Thanks for the warm welcome! I loved every second of that concert but the highlight of the night for me happened with Glenn. Now i gotta say first that i've always been a Henley fan but Glenn has moved way up on my list. When Glenn was on the piano during All She Wants To Do Is Dance he was looking so great, especially when he would get up and dance. My oh my!! After the song was over I threw some roses on the stage and they landed right in front of him. He picked them up and started dancing with them back to center stage. It was so cute to see him do that. Then at the end of the show when he was on our side of the stage I got a wink from him. It was simply amazing!!
    What a fabulous experience for you, Peekaboo, and welcome to the Border! I admit to a little envy! I have been two four Eagles concerts, in ever better and more expensive seats, in the hope of a glance from Glenn, but it was not to be!

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Welcome TimothysGirl--Yippee finally a new Timmy fan!!!!! It's so easy to understand why we are isn't it??? Glad to hear your take on the concert-can't wait till my chance in a couple of weeks.

Also welcome to Peekaboo-I loved your story about the roses.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Here's a guy's blog on the Tulsa concert:

Will He Return: Kevin Cheppenko
    by Jeff Lutz

I’ll get to baseball in a minute, but first indulge me because I went to an Eagles concert in Tulsa last night and have to share my thoughts. I don’t think I’m overstepping my bounds because I’ve sort of become the Eagle’s (that’s the newspaper, not the band) unofficial official concert reviewer and I can pass off the following thoughts as just part of my job.
    Five years ago during a concert I attended in Omaha, Don Henley’s voice cracked on a high note during “Boys of Summer.” After seeing him effortlessly hit such notes during six previous Eagles concerts, this came as quite a shock. In fact, I don’t think it was a stretch to say that I felt I was seeing the beginning of the end of the Eagles as a viable live band.
    Still, I didn’t enter Saturday with lowered expectations. Though the Eagles — Don Henley, Glenn Frey, Joe Walsh and Timothy B. Schmit — are all into their 60s, their new album was great. Besides, I enter every Eagles concert with sky-high expectations because seeing them live is still somewhat of a surreal experience to me, even after eight concerts. I still look down to the stage and can’t believe I’m seeing the band whose music I’ve been listening to since I exited the womb almost 26 years ago.
    The Eagles still managed to exceed my expectations on Saturday night. From the opening strums of “How Long” to the final Henley-sung note of “Desperado,” the concert featured no dull moments and the Eagles even managed to keep the crowd into it during the nine probably seldom-heard songs off the new album, “Long Road Out Of Eden.”
    The title track on the album was particularly a highlight for me, even though, at about 45 minutes long, it made up the entire second set. Just kidding. But with several innovative guitar solos, the crowd was on its feet from start to finish during that song, and of course many others.
    The highlights for me were, “Witchy Woman,” “Waiting In The Weeds,” “The Long Run” … you know what? Every song was a highlight. And, even though my friend Joel and I were sitting up high where people came to sleep or sit on their hands or something, I had to stand up. I couldn’t sit still and finally had to stand before “Life’s Been Good” and then for the duration of the show. Who sits at a rock concert anyway? Is this acceptable behavior?
    Thanks for allowing me the time to write about that. It’s probably fairly obvious that I could have written a lot more, but this is a baseball blog after all. And baseball does share first love status with the Eagles.

http://blogs.kansas.com/nuthouse/200...vin-cheppenko/

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Quote Originally Posted by Peekaboo View Post
    Thanks for the warm welcome! I loved every second of that concert but the highlight of the night for me happened with Glenn. Now i gotta say first that i've always been a Henley fan but Glenn has moved way up on my list. When Glenn was on the piano during All She Wants To Do Is Dance he was looking so great, especially when he would get up and dance. My oh my!! After the song was over I threw some roses on the stage and they landed right in front of him. He picked them up and started dancing with them back to center stage. It was so cute to see him do that. Then at the end of the show when he was on our side of the stage I got a wink from him. It was simply amazing!!
    Welcome - front row! Wow! And great story about the roses! How awesome for you!

I like Don's hair longer, too.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by TimothysGirl View Post
    I watched some of my DVDs of early concerts (mid to late 70s) and they have come from a diamond in the rough to a finely polished gem, their sound is better now than ever. I think they have perfected their craft better than any other group out there!
    You're right TimothysGirl - they certainly are playing more smoothly nowadays. And with the amount of new material they're putting into the set, I guess we can't complain too terribly much. Welcome!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

TimothysGirl and Peekaboo ~

Hi and welcome! Thanks you so much for sharing your concert experiences with some of us poor folk who wont get to see our boys this year *snif snif sob* You'll have fun here. We're all a little nuts over the guys *grin* if you couldnt tell

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Thanks for posting that blog entry gef. I love hearing a review from a real fan instead of the clueless reviewers that seem to draw straws to see who will be going to the Eagles concert to review.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    Thanks for posting that blog entry gef. I love hearing a review from a real fan instead of the clueless reviewers that seem to draw straws to see who will be going to the Eagles concert to review.
    I agree TBF. That was fun to read!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.