Page 19 of 48 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles books

Border Troubadour

Default Re: Eagles books

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    TLR - I think that between eight years in Poco and 23 (37 including the hiatus) years in the Eagles, Timothy has plenty that would be interesting to write about, to anyone who is interested in the music business.
    I know, I'm sure all of the guys have some very interesting stories to tell; but I was looking at it from a general perspective - any (general member of the public) who is interested in rock will have heard of Glenn, Henley and Joe; however I honestly believe some would be dumbfounded as to who TBS is. Similarly the fact that Glenn and Henley 'ruled the roost' for so long means they probably have more stuff to talk about, and similarly TBS would have to be careful about what he said if they were still together.

Out on the Border Restless Heart's Avatar

Exclamation Re: Eagles books

I would like to read books by all of them. I'm going to order Don Felder's. I'll keep in mind that it's biased, but I am still interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Restless Heart View Post
    I would like to read books by all of them. I'm going to order Don Felder's. I'll keep in mind that it's biased, but I am still interested.
    I really quite liked the book. It was the first one I had read about the Eagles and I learned some interesting facts. You can tell he's biased, but there are some good stories in there, and it does give you an idea of what their life was like back then.

Stuck on the Border

It's certainly worth a read and then there's the 75-page discussion thread on here. I'm not kidding.

Stuck on the Border

I would really like to read the unplublished 900-page Eagles biography that was written by Ed Sanders in the early 80s. As an authorised biography, it might be missing some of the dirt, but at least he was writing without the tricks thirty years plays on memories.

The book's mentioned in an old People magazine article.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Yeah - as I said before, I think all of the books about the band are entertaining in their own way. You just have to keep in mind that you can't take everything in them as gospel truth. One of my main complaints about Felder's book is that there really wasn't hardly anything new to fans like me who had read all the other books. I was hoping for a lot more insider info about the inner workings of the band, but mostly, I found it to be his spin on the same stuff I already knew about. My favorite part was also the beginning learning about his childhood because that was new information for me.

As far as the other Eagles, I personally think any of them would have a fascinating story to tell. Don and Glenn have both previously hinted about writing their autobiographies.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    I would really like to read the unplublished 900-page Eagles biography that was written by Ed Sanders in the early 80s. As an authorised biography, it might be missing some of the dirt, but at least he was writing without the tricks thirty years plays on memories.

Yeah, that book would be an interesting read. I wonder whatever happened to it? Anyone out there know if it ever got published?

And this gave me a chuckle - from the People magazine article: "Unlike, say, the Beach Boys, who have survived into middle age by recycling their '50s hits, the Eagles have no notions of becoming a musical museum. Sure, Frey says, he might consider working with Henley. But, he adds with the old insouciance, "I just rule out the possibility of putting the Eagles back together for a Lost Youth and Greed tour."

Haha - never say never! I know that they have produced new material, but I would say that the HOTE tour is definitely a 'musical museum', albeit- one we will willingly pay $ to go see

Quote Originally Posted by tjh532 View Post
    Yeah, that book would be an interesting read. I wonder whatever happened to it? Anyone out there know if it ever got published?

And this gave me a chuckle - from the People magazine article: "Unlike, say, the Beach Boys, who have survived into middle age by recycling their '50s hits, the Eagles have no notions of becoming a musical museum. Sure, Frey says, he might consider working with Henley. But, he adds with the old insouciance, "I just rule out the possibility of putting the Eagles back together for a Lost Youth and Greed tour."

Haha - never say never! I know that they have produced new material, but I would say that the HOTE tour is definitely a 'musical museum', albeit- one we will willingly pay $ to go see
    Yes I would love to see that 900 page Book...

So Put Me On A Highway And Show Me A Sign
    And Take It To The Limit One More Time..............

That's a great article. I believe, in my own opinion, if they had not broken up when they did, they would have imploded! Their music was still very sellable but their corrupt lifestyle that came along with the music and the money was bound to destroy them physically and mentally! We are very fortunate to have them around today if what little we Do know about them is true. They did themselves and their fans a great service by taking a break. Randy and Bernie figured that out a little bit sooner than the others...

Hope this is the correct Thread for this comment if not it can be moved. Thx

So Put Me On A Highway And Show Me A Sign
    And Take It To The Limit One More Time..............

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post

Can't remember where I read it, but I think Don H. has this manuscript somewhere in his house, and he said "That's where it's going to stay if he can help it!". I'm sure Don is secretly a hoarder to some degree, what with his 1962 John Deere tractor and furniture from old hangouts/rehearsal places! Anyway, if he's got it, who knows if we'll ever see it!