Page 1 of 48 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles books

Standing on a corner in Winslow Arizona aka Texas

Default Eagles books

I dont know if this has been posted or not. If so, please direct me in the right path.

I have the book, The Ealges: Flyin high.

I know there is a book called, To the limit: the untold story of the eagles. Im getting that one soon.

I was wondering are there any other books that are about the Ealges or that they have written?

Icon and banner by me.

Default Re: Eagles books

Well... a certain ex-Eagle wrote a book recently.... lol.

Marc Shapiro wrote one called The Long Run, which is just as good as any other.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

A few other books I can think of where the Eagles get some major ink, although they are not exclusively about the band are 1) Desperados - The Roots of Country Rock; 2) You'll Never Make Love In This Town Again; 3) Laurel Canyon - The Inside Story of Rock and Roll's Legendary Neighborhood; and 4) Hotel California.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

I also have a book called The Eagles by Laura Jackson. I have several of the books listed here but have not read any of them, just thumbed through them. My thinking is that if I read them, I will read something I don't want to know about and therefore will be disappointed. Silly huh? One of these days I am going to start Heaven And Hell just because curiosity will get the better of me.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Stuck on the Border

The book you have by Laura Jackson is Flying High.

TBF, as a Tim fan, you might as well read the books. Tim is barely mentioned, particularly in To The Limit, which Felder's book parallels in many ways. You're not going to find out anything that you didn't already know unless it's a bit more about the drug use and promiscuity of several band members. I would not bother with The Long Run though because it is very basic indeed.

My own preference is for Flying High, and I have to say it is because Glenn is treated reasonably well in it. The treatment of Glenn in To The Limit is at best perfunctory. I am trying to be kind. The book was written with Henley's cooperation so Henley features extremely strongly in it.

Thanks Dreamer. I will look into getting those books.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post

My own preference is for Flying High, and I have to say it is because Glenn is treated reasonably well in it.
    Thats what i have been noticing, as i am currently reading it. I just started it yesterday evening!

Has anyone read Heaven or Hell? Is it worth reading?

Icon and banner by me.

Stuck on the Border

If you visit the Former Eagles forum you will see a topic about Heaven & Hell in which we give our opinions on it.

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/...read.php?t=585

I have nothing to add except that objectively it is an interesting insight into the life of a rock star. As a book about the Eagles, it is biased, slanted and distorted beyond credibility.

Thanks FP.. Just as i asked that and directed away from this page i found that thead and am reading it now.

Icon and banner by me.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Yeah FP-I know there's not much about Timothy in these books but just some of the other crap that is never flattering about Glen and Don. I know about the stuff that went on back in the 70's with them so nothing will surprise me I guess. I have tons of rock and roll books and read most but for some reason just have never read all of the ones on The Eagles, which I guess seems pretty funny since they have always been my favorite band.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I've read all these books (some twice) and find them quite interesting.

I'll never forget the first one I read was To The Limit and it was a definite eye opener for me. I knew about the sex and drugs and rock & roll, but it was all very vague and didn't really seem real. Well, that book told all and I was quite shocked and a little bit disappointed in "my guys". But, as time went on and I read more, I realized that was just the way it was back then. It's all very intriguing to me now.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten