Page 16 of 48 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles books

Border Troubadour

Default Re: Eagles books

So I've Amazon-ed Marc Eliot's To The Limit in the expectation of it being here early next week. According to the dispatch email they sent me yesterday (Tuesday) it should be here by Thursday. I wouldn't mind usually, but my last exam's on Friday morning and I know if I get the book before then I'll be reading that and not exam notes

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

I just bought the book Willin' about Little Feat and the eagles are mentioned in there a bit.
    Havent started it yet but will post about it in the book club thread.

Border Troubadour

To the Limit actually came on Wednesday! Haven't dared to look at it too much yet but I've had a few quick glances: I don't think it'll tell me anything new about their songs but it should offer a lot of insight into the behind the scenes events, a lot like HOTE. Safe to say I have already gathered Don Henley don't care too much for it

Read the book by Ben Fong Torres. It was good because there are alot of pictures, especially of Randy! Anyway, the History of the Eagles has almost all the same info as the book, so if you've seen History CD and don't want to see the pic's I wouldn't waste $$ on the book.
    "I believe we can Chug All Night".

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

I like my eagles books just because there aren't that many of them around .
    good or bad I enjoy them .

It's funny...I'm in one fandom where there are literally dozens of books (Pink Floyd, and I own over twenty books on them myself) and another with very few (Yes), same as with the Eagles, and it's made me very picky - that and my job as a researcher - good rock bios are hard to come by; a great book for me always has a good number of primary sources and lots of photos.
    ...I could have done so many things, baby
    if I could only stop my mind...

Some guys are born to Rimbaud
    some guys breathe Baudelaire
    some guys just got to go and put their rockets everywhere.

Out on the Border

Smile Re: Eagles books

Quote Originally Posted by LuvRandy View Post
    There's a section towards the back where Eliot talks about his problems with Henley over the book

hi can anyone tell me what dvds r available , especially with randy, as i only have felders book and thote, and finally found earybird, but i think i saw a couple of others still with randy, does anyone know where i can get them, which ones r worth getting and im in australia, thanks any info would b apprieciated

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by LuvRandy View Post
    You can google Eagles Live in Houston 1976 and Eagles Seattle 1977 (I'm pretty sure of the years). I've heard that the Houston one that someone I know got wasn't the greatest quality. They're the only ones other than Earlybird and HOTE that I know of. You can always google for bootlegs of their concerts too. haven't done that yet myself though
    thanks so much luvrandy

I'm reading Elliot's book at the moment and somebody here said there are mistakes in it and I'm wondering what I should and should not believe, for example the writing credits oh The Long Run, the book says Shmit, Henley, Frey but I don't recall seeing Timothy credited for that song anywhere else anyway, enjoying the book

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by bluefeather View Post
    I'm reading Elliot's book at the moment and somebody here said there are mistakes in it and I'm wondering what I should and should not believe, for example the writing credits oh The Long Run, the book says Shmit, Henley, Frey but I don't recall seeing Timothy credited for that song anywhere else anyway, enjoying the book
    The sleeve in my The Long Run cd says written by Don H & Glenn.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten