Page 17 of 48 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles books

Default Re: Eagles books

I believe you can trust the directly quoted stuff, keeping in mind that people remember things differently. Anything where the author is paraphrasing without citing identifiable sources requires outside confirmation to be trusted. At least, that's the case for someone like me, who does a lot of research and understands all too well the fallibility of the researcher/author. I never just take one guy's word for something. It's nothing personal against Eliot; it's my practice in general because even the most well-intentioned person makes mistakes.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I totally agree with your advice, Soda. I have read different versions of the same story way too many times that prevents me from taking any one person's account of an event as the gospel truth, especially if they didn't witness something first hand.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

thanks for your advice

and Soda,quite professional sounding advice, might that be the teacher in you talking

Border Troubadour

I felt really sorry for Randy today when reading about what he said re: HFO in Eliot's book. Apparently he expected both him and Bernie to be asked back and even thought about how they might fit in with concerts. Obviously that never happened but I can't help but feel sorry for how gutted he must have felt when he realised

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

I ordered To The Limit a couple of days ago from Amazon - it is a used hardback in "good" condition, and I got it for $4.00 which includes shipping . I look forward to checking it out, and will follow everyone's advice and thoughts here.

I look forward to hearing what you think about it. I am going to order the Ben Fong-Torres book.

I read the Ben Fong-Torres book, it's very good. The best part is there are a BUNCH of great pictures in it. Great read lot's of facts.

So Put Me On A Highway And Show Me A Sign
    And Take It To The Limit One More Time..............

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

I like the book very much . Have two copies and have read it three times over the years and yes there are great pictures there

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

I received To The Limit today, and had just about 5 minutes to check it out, so I fast-forwarded to find where Timothy joins the band. Here is the description:

"He was immediately replaced by the long-haired, rail-thin Timothy Schmit, the musician he'd successfully competed with in 1970 for the bassist slot in Buffalo Springfield, and who'd replaced him once before, in Poco. It was J.D. Souther, who had originally auditioned Schmit for Poco, who urged the Eagles to bring him aboard."

He's got the wrong year, mentions a band that neither Randy nor Timothy was in, and did J.D. Souther have anything to do with Poco??? That was literally the first paragraph I read...so...we'll see how it goes from here.