Page 4 of 48 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles books

Stuck on the Border AzEaglesFan's Avatar

Default Re: Eagles books

Your right that is why Randy is in there. I corrected the post. Thank you .

I just got my Eagles book in the mail! I ended up choosing To The Limit-The Untold Story Of The Eagles. The book is a lot bigger than I had expected. Can't wait to read it!!!!!

Enjoy!

Thumbs up Re: Eagles books

Hi all, I am a newbie here. In fact this is my first post. I am a huge Eagles fan since the 70's. I just finished reading Don Felder's book Heaven & Hell, as I was curious about the break up of Don from the band. I found the read quite an eye opener. Seems there was lots of huge fights within the band, & Don gets into some of the reasons for them. I would highly recommend the book, as I couldn't put it down!

Ah, the Felder book! That one is very controversial. When it came out a few years ago, we started a thread just for it - and it's grown to be huge now!

You can check it out here:

"Heaven and Hell" Discussion Thread

Not everyone was a fan of the book, to put it mildly, lol! But hey, it's all good. Different strokes for different folks!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Hey Topkat, welcome to the Border! I bought Heaven and Hell last weekend (finally lol) and I'm about a third of the way into the book, so I can't help with your question. I'm really enjoying the book so far... I find it hard to put down too

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Hope you all will share some of your thoughts about Felder's book in the Heaven and Hell thread that Soda posted the link to. As she mentioned, the book is rather controversial here. I actually enjoyed most of the book and thought it was an interesting read. I especially enjoyed the part about his early life.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Default Re: Another new Eagles book: "Taking It to the Limit" by Fong-Torres

For the newbies among us (me included), I have a question for the book collectors. Which Eagles books would you recommend most highly and which would you say "Don't bother?" I want to pick up a couple of these books, but am not sure which ones are worth my limited time?

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Windeagle View Post
    For the newbies among us (me included), I have a question for the book collectors. Which Eagles books would you recommend most highly and which would you say "Don't bother?" I want to pick up a couple of these books, but am not sure which ones are worth my limited time?
    Please note that my recommendations are based more on personal prejudice than anything else. I don't really consider any of these books to be particularly well written, so I can't recommend them on that basis.

I recommend Laura Jackson's The Eagles: Flying High.

I do not recommend Marc Shapiro's The Long Run because it is basically a rehash of interviews & press articles.

I personally do not recommend Marc Elliot's To The Limit. The entire book is told from an extreme, pro Don Henley slant and Glenn Frey is virtually ignored as a creative force. I have to be honest here and say that is why the book has no credibility for me; I should also say that it was written with Henley's cooperation.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Windeagle - Here is a link to another thread where there is some discussion about some other books about the band or at least, where they get some major ink.

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/...ead.php?t=1031

My personal favorite is "You'll Never Make Love In This Town Again".

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016