Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 384445464748

Thread: Eagles books

Default Re: Eagles books

I have a few books about the Eagles. When reading them I find remembering who wrote it and that the book is their point of view on what went on makes it more enjoyable to me. Even Kristen's book, she was as high as Joe most of the time. In the early days of the Eagles they all were high, drinking, partying and drugs, so it can really make some differences in what they remember. I only saying this because as I've read post on this thread, sometimes people get mad at what someone printed about their favorite Eagle or the Eagles in general. Also some don't want to read some books because of the same reasons. I say take the book and read it, take it for what it is, just someone's opinion. Most of the books I've found to be very entertaining, even funny at times. They all have lots of information about the Eagles from different points of view. Besides, I'm getting tired of sitting home all day watching tv. LOL It's nice to have another form of entertainment.
    Read them and enjoy them. Take what you want from them and disregard the rest if you want.
    Peace and Love.

So I decided today to go and try to find the Life magazine Eagles special edition. Sadly, I went to two Barnes and Noble stores but was unable to find it. So, I'll just order it off of Amazon. But I did find "Eagles: Taking it to the limit" by Ben Fong-Torres, which caused me to emit high pitched velociraptor sounds, much to the dismay of my fellow bibliophiles.
    It was under thirty dollars, so of course I bought it, along with another Led Zep book to add to my rock band book collection. The book has a pretty decent narrative and lot of really great pictures of the guys and their famous friends that makes it so worth the money. It was published in 2020, so it talks about Glenn's passing, which made me cry. It also featured a picture of Deacon, who is absolutely adorable. I highly recommend this book.

In case you didn’t know, Openlibrary.org, which is free, just make an account, has To The Limit/Untold Story of the Eagles. By Marc Eliot. I’m reading that online, now that the kids are older I actually have time to read again. I’d rather have the print version, but it’s cool anyways, and free is always good lol.

That's awesome. I too like actual paper books, but free is always good! I'll have to check that out.

Stuck on the Border

Scamp - That BFT book came out years ago. You are reading an updated version. The Eliott book has lots of mistakes. His research on the music business was good - not so on facts about the guys. Plus he was sued by Don H. when he did his updated version.

New Kid
    I have a lot of different books on the LA Rock scene. They all have a different take on the same time. When I read them i keep in mind it's one person's view and as an author and some just put in their books what will sell their book.
    I used to go to the Troubadour and the Whiskey Ago Ago during that time. I saw Glenn and JD at the Troubadour, Don when he was in Shilo at the Whiskey, Joe at the Whiskey, Linda at the Troubadour, CSN, Jackson, Joni and so many more good singers who never really made it. It was a good time for music. A good time for drinking too. LOL
    Sometimes when I'm reading something it's like I remember that. It was a great time. But also so many good people are no longer with us because of things that went on in that time.