Page 9 of 48 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles books

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Eagles books

Quote Originally Posted by zeldabjr View Post
    oh my I've not heard of this one...put another one on the list of life's necessities!...the more I think about it maybe I don't want to read it!....nah
    Well - you may want to go back through this thread and read some of the omments about the book. It may or may not be to your liking, but the chapters on Glenn and Don are quite salacious, especially Glenn's. There is another thread about it in Glenn's forum ...

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/...read.php?t=438

BTW zelda - I messed up and pushed the moderator's edit button on your previous post. After I realized what I'd done, I backed out of it and, hopefully, restored your post to what you wrote. Sorry 'bout that!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Well - you may want to go back through this thread and read some of the omments about the book. It may or may not be to your liking, but the chapters on Glenn and Don are quite salacious, especially Glenn's. There is another thread about it in Glenn's forum ...

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/...read.php?t=438

BTW zelda - I messed up and pushed the moderator's edit button on your previous post. After I realized what I'd done, I backed out of it and, hopefully, restored your post to what you wrote. Sorry 'bout that!
    I looked this book up on Amazon and see several books with that title but different author names...did they use aliases maybe?...I want to read it...(I can handle it as long as there's nothing about sweet Timothy B)

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

They may have used pen names, but my book cover says it's by Robin, Liza, Linda, and Tiffany as told to Joanne Parrent. The cover is pink and is nothing but a picture of big red lips. Enjoy! (it's pretty hot)

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    They may have used pen names, but my book cover says it's by Robin, Liza, Linda, and Tiffany as told to Joanne Parrent. The cover is pink and is nothing but a picture of big red lips. Enjoy! (it's pretty hot)
    thanks...I just wanted to make sure I was getting the right book!

I got the book out of the library, and I have to say I'm glad I didn't pay money for it. Overall it's quite a depressing read (although the chapter on Glenn WAS much nicer than most of the rest of the book!). I also thought there was a bit of a double standard on the part of the writers in naming people they slept with who DIDN'T hire them - that kinda invalidated their whole point of "the other parties should be as accountable as we are" in my opinion.
    ---------------------------------
    Suzanne

I got the book for 99 cents & if I remember correctly I got it through Amazon from one of the vendors that was selling though them.

Stuck on the Border Thirsty&Hot's Avatar

This is an interesting thread! will have to check these out!

Not sure if this is the right place, but I was looking for a place to post a Henley quote I liked about him and Glenn living together from a book (though I'm not sure which one it is exactly..I think it's Take it to the Limit)

“Glenn and I would go through a series of moving in together and then moving out. We’d have girlfriends and live with them for a while, and then we’d get ready to do an album and we’d move back in together. Dudes on a rampage… [We were] the odd couple. I was sort of the housekeeper, the tidy one. He was the lovable slob. All around the house he’d leave these little Century Cities of cigarette butts standing on end. Burns all over the furniture and carpet, coffee cups all over the place. We would get up every Sunday, watch football together, scream and yell, and spill things.”
    — Don Henley

Let me know if there is another place I should post this!
    If I can't have it all, just a taste will do...

I'd love to have Don clean up after me.
    ~Sara

Stuck on the Border Thirsty&Hot's Avatar

hehe yes it's a very endearing quote. oh to be a fly on the wall in their apartment!
    If I can't have it all, just a taste will do...

I too am looking for more books about our guys. What do you all suggest?