Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Other Artists

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Default Re: Other Artists

Just needed someone to share this with ... I just preordered Sammy Hagar's autobiography, which comes out in March and Steve Tyler's autobiography, which comes out in May!! Love my rock n roll autobiographies!! Still have about 100 pages to go in Keith's Life but haven't been able to get to it in about 2 weeks because of getting my MIL's house ready to sale (put on the market yesterday) and fighting a cold which means I don't feel much like doing anything after the daily grind is done.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Very cool TBF.

I have a lot of autobiographies too. I buy a lot of them on Amazon. I hadn't heard of the Hagar one but I knew Tyler was writing one. I will have to get them both.

That's where I get most of mine also Austin. I love the whole preorder thing. The gift card for Barnes & Noble from hubby this year went towards Keith, Ozzy & Clapton.

I'm super excited about Sammy's book. Been waiting for about 6 months to get the email that it was going on the market. Love the Red Rocker!!! One of the biggest disagreements hubby and I have is Van Halen or Van Hagar. I love both but Sammy's my man. That's another autobiography you might want to read if you haven't already, David Lee Roth's. I admit I have a new found respect for Mr. Roth after reading it. But he sure loves himself!

I haven't heard about the Roth autobiography but I will definitely check it out.

Did you get Steven Adler's new book? I already assume you have Slash's book.

Slash's, by far, is my favorite RNR autobiography I've ever read. Well written and a lot of info on him and GNR. You can tell he truly loves Axl but is also totally disgusted by him.

As for Steve Adler's, no I haven't ....yet! I'm not sure I want to read it. I just know it's going to really upset me most likely. Have you read it? How bad is it?

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    Just needed someone to share this with ... I just preordered Sammy Hagar's autobiography, which comes out in March and Steve Tyler's autobiography, which comes out in May!! Love my rock n roll autobiographies!! Still have about 100 pages to go in Keith's Life but haven't been able to get to it in about 2 weeks because of getting my MIL's house ready to sale (put on the market yesterday) and fighting a cold which means I don't feel much like doing anything after the daily grind is done.
    Ooh, I didn't know Steven had written one, but must get it! And I've been meaning to order Keith's, too. I really enjoy reading them, too. I'm just finishing up David Crosby's Long Time Gone.

Thanks for the head's up, Willie.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Slash's, by far, is my favorite RNR autobiography I've ever read. Well written and a lot of info on him and GNR. You can tell he truly loves Axl but is also totally disgusted by him.

As for Steve Adler's, no I haven't ....yet! I'm not sure I want to read it. I just know it's going to really upset me most likely. Have you read it? How bad is it?
    Adler's book is interesting to say the least... I have a feeling it probably would upset you. It really surprised me. I won't say it's horrible though.

OK Austin, you convinced me. Just bought it on ebay. I know it won't shock me but I don't want to feel sorry for him. I saw an interview with him several years ago and it just really bothered me to see what he had done to himself. His speech is so very messed up from the after effects of the stoke and all. He had been so vibrant in the 80s. Very sad. I am anxious to get his take on being thrown out of the band. I know he thinks that Slash pretty much deserted him but I want to hear his side of the story.

OK Austin, you convinced me. Just bought it on ebay. I know it won't shock me but I don't want to feel sorry for him. I saw an interview with him several years ago and it just really bothered me to see what he had done to himself. His speech is so very messed up from the after effects of the stoke and all. He had been so vibrant in the 80s. Very sad. I am anxious to get his take on being thrown out of the band. I know he thinks that Slash pretty much deserted him but I want to hear his side of the story.
    It is sad... But like you said, he did it to himself. He was a great drummer too. In fact drumming wise I much prefer his drumming to Matt Sorum's drumming but Matt did a great job coming into the band and playing.

Wow! With all this excitement about the new album, I think I'll make a new thread for The Cars and move the pertinent posts over. Just a sec while I work my magic. lol

ETA: Done!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten