Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: St. Louis, MO 9-20-08

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: St. Louis Review

Another bit I have remembered of the show was that I noticed Tim was wearing a green bead necklace and I thought, I bet that is the one tf made for him.

Or at least it resembled it, tf! I thought you would love hearing that!

Oh, and thanks for your comments on my sign. As you can tell, I'm not an artist! It's the thought that counts, right?!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    Another bit I have remembered of the show was that I noticed Tim was wearing a green bead necklace and I thought, I bet that is the one tf made for him.

Oh, and thanks for your comments on my sign. As you can tell, I'm not an artist! It's the thought that counts, right?!
    Awh, that would be great!

And indeed, the thought! And we know that you know that the Eagles know it! (Ok that was a long way xD)
    But I have to say, you made it lovely!
    I made my Don sign just at Photoshop (Glenn's sign we wrote outside the venue) Oh whatever, Don loved it!
    Let somebody love you, before it's too late..

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

Oh Brooke's sign was GREAT and when Tim held it up everyone cheered. It was a great moment. I wonder where the sign is now? Maybe Tim is lovingly carrying it around with him You should of put your address and phone number on the back Brooke. Oh wait a minute, maybe you did, MAYBE that is why The Eagles keep playing shows in MISSOURI!!!!!!! HA! I am on to your tricks Mrs. Missouri

I can only wish I had done that tbsf!

Here's a review of the St Louis show, from someone with better taste than those Chicago guys. Pity they didn't mention your signs, Brooke!

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/ent...6?OpenDocument

Eagles deliver strong effort to adoring crowd
    By Terry Perkins
    SPECIAL TO THE POST-DISPATCH
    09/21/2008

For a band that followed up its huge success with a string of platinum-selling albums in the 1970s by breaking up in the early 1980s, the Eagles are doing just fine, thank you.

The band’s concert at Scottrade Center Saturday evening was packed with rabid, adoring fans of the group’s string of ‘70s hits – and the core group of Don Henley, Glenn Frey, Timothy B. Schmidt and Joe Walsh delivered those hits with unquestioned authority.

In the course of a three hour-plus, two set performance, the band played more than a dozen of their most memorable hits, with a nicely crafted balance of tunes from their early, country rock beginnings to the elaborately produced sound of later albums such as “Hotel California” and “The Long Run.”

Each set also kicked off with a healthy dose of tunes from the band’s latest double CD, “Long Road From Eden.” And on new songs such as “Too Busy Being Fabulous,” “Waiting In the Weeds” and “No More Cloudy Days,” the group proved it still possesses a knack for cranking out tunes that fit precisely into the Eagles formula – well-crafted lyrics built on soaring vocal harmonies and bolstered by a barrage of strummed guitars.

Henley, Frey, Schmidt – and for the most part, Walsh – certainly delivered those familiar, rich harmonies on “Hotel California,” “Lyin’ Eyes,” “I Can’t Tell You Why,” “Take It to the Limit,” “Desperado,” “Take It Easy” and other hits throughout the evening.

There were nods to the solo efforts of Henley and especially Walsh throughout the concert as well. Henley’s 1984 hit, “Boys of Summer,” was clearly a highlight of the first set. And Walsh had plenty of opportunity to showcase his guitar prowess on early James Gang and solo hits such “Funk 49” and “Life’s Been Good” – although the use of a “hat cam” to show shots of the crowd on the big screens that flanked the stage during that tune was a bit contrived.

The band had plenty of musical help cranking out its hits. The four Eagles were backed by 10 additional musicians, including three keyboard players, a four-piece horn section, two percussionists and especially guitarist Steuart Smith, who joined the Eagles on the front line and cranked out an unending stream of concise solos.

One jarring note. For a band that started out wearing faded jeans and flannel shirts, it was more than a little odd to see Henley, Frey, Schmidt and Walsh take the stage in black suits, white shirts and black ties. Maybe it’s a tribute to corporate bands –who are known to cover quite a few Eagles tunes. Or perhaps its an homage to the Eagles accountants, who will certainly be kept busy counting the proceeds from this current tour. Whatever the suits meant, it’s obvious that the Eagles still have plenty of meaning for the dedicated fans who relished every note of the band’s performance at Scottrade.

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Oh, I know, gef! And no pics either! But he probably did describe me right as
    a "rabid, adoring fan!"

I posted that in the LROOE Press thread, but it's good to read again!

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

Oh I hadn't caught that one. Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post

YEAH!! that is the necklace i made for him! Timothy is really wonderful to his fans. He has used for years the FTF guitar strap that the Feed the Fire message group had made for him and has now worn the necklace I made, for quite awhile too!

Quote Originally Posted by timfan View Post
    YEAH!! that is the necklace i made for him! Timothy is really wonderful to his fans. He has used for years the FTF guitar strap that the Feed the Fire message group had made for him and has now worn the necklace I made, for quite awhile too!

I have to check out Timothy pics of Rotterdam!
    You go tf!
    Let somebody love you, before it's too late..