Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Chicago, IL 9-24-08, 9-25-08

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Chicago reviews

Excellent reviews as usual, Soda. I'm so glad you decided to go both nights, and good score on the $60 ticket. But, you gotta quit all that talking that this may be your last time to see the guys. Ya hear me. There is no way - you WILL see them again - sometime, somehow!!!!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I think it was Brooke who mentioned what kind of shoes they were all wearing in St. Louis. But she said she could not see Joe's shoes. Joe's pants were too long, IMO, and they 'puddled' more than the other guys'. But at one point, through my nocs I saw the tops of Joe's shoes and they looked sparkly. I couldn't tell if they were patent leather or sequins or had little lights. I told my hubby to look but he couldn't tell either. Did anybody notice Joe's shoes?
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Sorry - I didn't get a look at them!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

lol Yeah I did take a lot of pictures.....I tend to be pic-happy. lol Maybe that's why it looked like they were looking at me in a couple of the pics. I know they don't like it when people take a lot of pictures, but I figured if this was going to be the only time I ever see them and I paid $200 for the ticket.......then I want something to look back on and remember it by.

As for the camera, it's only a canon 8mp with 10x zoom so no detachable lens or anything fancy.

Guys I'm going into serious withdrawels already! I was listening to How Long in my car today and I almost cried! lol All my family and friends laughed at me and shook their head when I said that I felt like crying when they came out on stage. They just don't understand

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    I think it was Brooke who mentioned what kind of shoes they were all wearing in St. Louis. But she said she could not see Joe's shoes. Joe's pants were too long, IMO, and they 'puddled' more than the other guys'. But at one point, through my nocs I saw the tops of Joe's shoes and they looked sparkly. I couldn't tell if they were patent leather or sequins or had little lights. I told my hubby to look but he couldn't tell either. Did anybody notice Joe's shoes?
    I think I saw them in a couple of the pics

Quote Originally Posted by Maleah View Post
    Guys I'm going into serious withdrawels already! I was listening to How Long in my car today and I almost cried! lol All my family and friends laughed at me and shook their head when I said that I felt like crying when they came out on stage. They just don't understand
    I understand, Maleah. That's what's so nice about having this board to come to. There are people here just like you who understand exactly how you feel.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Exactly! That's why I love it here so much! I wish I lived closer to people who loved them as much as me....people who would be willing to spend that much to go to as many as they could. lol

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Maleah - I definitely understand, too! Unfortunately, PEW can be very tough and I don't think there is any known cure.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

Ive been suffering from PEW for 6 years now (eeww.. makes me want to go take a shower...)

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Wow!! Soda that was some experience and some review. You were very brave to wait until the night for the tickets but gladly your gamble paid off! What nights you had and what great reviews. It is great that you can remember so much as well. I really hope that we all get the chance to see them live again.

I felt very sorry however that you missed the Joe M&G.

Maleah, Girl, what can I say about those pics. They are STUNNING!!

Its quite obvious that the touring schedule is not being too hard on the boys! Glenn looks absolutely divine, and he also looks like he is enjoying himself so much.

To all of you others who managed to meet each other and get to these gigs, all I can say is I'm glad you had such a brilliant time. Kudos to you all and hopefully there will be many more such meets and gigs!!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP