Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Chicago, IL 9-24-08, 9-25-08

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Chicago, IL 9-24-08, 9-25-08

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    It's still confusing to me that Glenn announced it was ok to take still pictures in Chicago, but in St.Louis none were allowed.
    Brooke - I think it's all about the venue - I guess it's the same reason you can approach the stage at some venues, but aren't allowed anywhere close in others. At least, blaming the venue is the only rational explanation I can think of.

Now - as far as Maleah's pictures, I am still in awe everytime I see one. They are truly amazing!!!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Oh, what a night! I hooked up with Willie and her husband at the hotel, then off to join PM and her husband for dinner as we excitedly prepared to see the Eagles, and then getting to talk to Maleah during the show (although I wish we had been able to hang out more as well). A wonderful time I will never forget - and Maleah, your wonderful photos ensure I will never forget how they looked that night. Thank you!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I really want to meet up with more people again! It was so cool to be able to actually TALK with you guys! I mean, I've talked with you over the phone of course Nancy but it was even cooler face to face! I already told Ticky that I'd like to try to make it to Oregon when they announce a show. It would be so much fun if more of us could meet up for a show.

Absolutely Maleah, it's a dream of mine,too.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

I'd love to meet more Borderers. I've found a real friend in Jess, and talking to Nancy, Kay and Carla over the phone has made me determined to meet up with more of you!

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Me too! Although I'm not geographically very close to many Borderers & travelling very far is not in the cards in the near future. I can't help but be envious when I read about some of you lucky people actually meeting up . Now if any of you would like to vacation on the East coast of Canada ...

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

As soon as I win that lottery--we will have that Border party and we will all get to meet. Or, according to my birthday story from Rhonda, she will win the lottery and we all meet in Vegas for front row tickets... It's in the stars guys, just be patient!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

I was too new to the boards back then and didn't really know anyone. Looking back, it would have been fun to meet up w/you all. I went to the show on the 25th... and looking at the pics, it felt like "my" show too...even though the pics are from 24 hours earlier.

I loved every second of that show! Talk about wanting to relive a moment... or three hours... ya know, whichever.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Don't know why it dawned on me this morning but it did---this weekend will be the 3rd anniversary of these shows! WOW--can't believe it's been that long ago. Just spent a big share of the last 1/2 hour or so going through this thread and checking out Maleah's wonderful pictures again. Do believe it's time to pull out a new avi from one of them in honor of the anniversary. Off to make me one!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

In some ways it was like yesterday, in other ways, OMG, 3 years!!! I was at the show on the 25th and it was amazing! It was my first time seeing them live and they brought it all! We had so many treats that night on the set list if I recall. To me, it was a true LROOE tour, since they played so many songs from the album.

Ah memomories...