Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Chicago, IL 9-24-08, 9-25-08

Default Re: Chicago, IL 9-24-08, 9-25-08

It's funny sometimes how life goes, decisions, actions, not made or made, that determine events. What happens to you and what makes a lasting impact, small moments that you barely realize in the moment....these two shows were the first times I had seen the Eagles live after being a lifelong fan. The memories of getting to meet Joe have been so important, sustaining to me, as life has been full of loss since then...family, friends, my career. My best friend that met Joe with me is gone now, but we sure had a helluva time that night! That's what I choose to remember, not the loss. There's barely a day that goes by even now, that hearing one of his songs, or a phrase, or a How ya doin' that gives me a secret grin no one else understands from the great times that night. The one impulsive moment of buying these tickets has ended up being so important to me, in ways I can't measure. Sure, I shouldn't have spent the money in retrospect, but as I was recently told...Life is short and hard with no guarantees, if you find a moment of happiness, go for it! They're more rare than they should be...at the end of your days, it's the fun times that fulfill you, not the bank balance. Thanks guys! Thanks Joe! I'm forever grateful!!
    http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5084/5316660629_4a27633c34.jpg
    Good morning my ...
    ~Deb~

Good times......

LTL and Jdub, wish we could have met up back then. At least I got to meet LTL eventually at Timothy's solo show in Chicago. To all of our hubbies who are worried about us meeting other Borderers for whatever reasons.....

This was my first Eagles show too. Little did I know that I'd see them 2 more times. I've learned a valuable lesson since then....tickets in the first 3 rows if at all possible!!!!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Oh, gosh, has it been three years? I treasure the friendships from that night even more than the concerts themselves - although they were fabulous as well! I also wish I had gotten to meet LTL and Deb then.

Deb - how wonderful for you that you have that memory to treasure. I hope Joe realizes how much joy he gives fans.

Good times!!! Experience 'em while you can.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

I feel the need for a group hug!!! Thanks ladies! Meeting up would have made the concert even better! Glad we finally did meet at TBS show though!

Jdub, what a great outlook to have, remember the good times!

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Deb - how wonderful for you that you have that memory to treasure. I hope Joe realizes how much joy he gives fans.

Good times!!! Experience 'em while you can.
    Totally agree. Thanks for the inspiring post, Deb.

Hope all our boys realise how much joy they give us all! And how grateful we are for it.
    ---------------------------------
    Suzanne

I'm changing my avatar briefly in honor of this as well.

Stuck on the Border

Ah, my first (and only so far) Eagles concert was this one!!!!!! Very good memories of this one. I was at the show on the 25th. I was 8th row on Joe's side (of course! )

I remember loving the setlist but wishing that they would have substituted some of the LROOE (all except for How Long) songs for Already Gone, New Kid In Town, and Victim Of Love. But hey - as long as the band plays Hotel California and Life's Been Good I'm a happy guy. Those are the must haves in the setlist for me to go. Life's Been Good on the 25th was great. Joe sang a line he never has before "I have a limo ride in the back - I go to White Castle and get me a sack". I remember laughing. I also remember the chills I got when Hotel California started. That song is very emotional for me as you all know and one that is directly connected to my heart and soul. I think I welled up during the song actually somewhat. It's a very uplifting and inspirational song to me. I love it.

Default Re: Chicago reviews

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    When the band came out for Take It Easy, Glenn took a moment to say how much they all loved Chicago – “great food, great people.” He said “This is a song we used to play back at the Aire Crown Theater back in 1972” and broke into the song.
    I was re-reading my old review and came across this. Check out "This Day in Eagles History" on the bottom of the front page today, folks - the Eagles played the 1972 Chicago gig on THIS DAY, Sept. 22! What a cool coincidence!

This part of my review also made me laugh:

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts
    I don't know if I'll ever see another Eagles show
    Uh-huh. lol

And I found this video on YouTube - astonishingly, still up! Probably because it's only partial (just the latter half of the song). It's still good, though. Enjoy!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDflxKI-0ks[/ame]

Stuck on the Border

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6TuFqs3V8c[/ame]