Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Chicago, IL 9-24-08, 9-25-08

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: Chicago reviews

Mike, thank you for your soap box speech! I think you summed it all up exactly right.

I noticed Joe early in the show in St. Louis once, just standing at his mike, hands folded on top of his guitar, staring out in to the crowd. It seemed odd. You would think that if he didn't have anything to do during a song, he would just drift back to the back somewhere. But, evidently, he has been told to stay there.

Also, Scooby, go even if you don't have someone to go with. I've also gone by myself several times and had a wonderful time. You can always find a fan to visit with during the show!

And Fp, I agree, the suits are NOT ill-fitting! I can imagine with the money they all have, that they are very expensive suits, tailored to fit suits! And they look very good in them. They are "sharp dressed men" to quote ZZ Top!

But, I still prefer jeans on my rock stars.

TBF, I'm right there with you on that PEW. It's nearly been a week for me since seeing them and I'm still remembering bits and pieces and wishing I were still there. Wonderful review! I'm so glad you had such a good time and your dream was finally realized.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

Finally, my first ever Eagles concert...and worth every stinking little penny!!! They sounded fantabulous!!! Last night seemed to follow the same as all the reviews from the previous night. Since I wasn't at both shows, don't know if there is anything to add.

I do have to say, if you were on Timothy's side, you sure got a show. (I was not, I was on Joe's side) In any case, Timothy really plays to the crowd. He comes out the end of the stage and plays for you! It was awesome. He really seemed like he was enjoying himself and having fun! Actually, they all looked like they were having fun.

What I found personally, to be interesting... when I looked at the big screens they had, the band looked "flat"... but when looking at the stage, they appeared so engergetic... so, IMO, this is surely a must see band! Even though I enjoy watching HFO, I kinda get that less energy flat sense... but I now know that must have been an awesome show in person! Don't flame me, this is just my opinion.

We also got two encores. With an imflamed sense of Chicago ego, I figured they would play two.

I'm a little hoarse from singing and screaming... but I'm okay with that! I hope Soda was able to see the show last night too... I'd love to hear her comparisons!

Glad you enjoyed your show, LTL. I'm curious - did Don use the same "How about those Cubbies" line or did he omit it in last night's show?
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

PM, I don't know, because I was busy buying a t-shirt and walked in just as they were in the middle of NMWITW. I think if had said it, it would have been right before this song, if it was the same as the night before.

BTW, what does PEW and *G* mean. I keep seeing them in messages and have no clue what they mean.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Yeah PM-I was kinda wondering the same thing after the reaction he got from the crowd on Wednesday night.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Quote Originally Posted by luvthelighthouse View Post
    BTW, what does PEW and *G* mean. I keep seeing them in messages and have no clue what they mean.
    LTL, I believe it stands for Post Eagles Withdrawal
    ~ Cathy ~

LTL-PEW is Post Eagles Withdraw---something we all experienceafter seeing them live

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    LTL-PEW is Post Eagles Withdraw---something we all experienceafter seeing them live
    TBF, we both posted at exactly the same time!
    ~ Cathy ~

PM-Great minds!!!!

OK folks - back again!

I initially had only planned to go to one show, as you guys know, because of money. Then, I decided - well, I'll go to one show and get a good seat, and one show and get a cheap seat. After Row 10 on Wednesday, my resolve weakened. I said "I'll shell out for a good seat again, but only if it's better than Row 10." I went up to the window several times. Yeah, they looked at me funny, but screw them - because 12th row came up about 6:45 after I had been up to the window 3 times. I wanted to buy it SOOOOOOOOOO bad, but.... I remembered my earlier vow and said no. The guy looked at me like I was insane and I honestly was kind of embarrassed, but I stayed strong! Nothing better came up, however. Kind of a blessing in disguise, though, because right as I was about to buy a cheap seat, I heard a guy behind me trying to sell his first-tier ticket. Now mind you, this was 15 minutes before the show, he and his wife were shivering in the wind... I told him "I'll give you $60 for it." He looked at me, appalled. "I paid $200 for that!" I said "Well, I understand if you don't want to take such a hit. But if it comes down to $60 or eating it, I think the $60 is better." He hesitated, and I turned around and went to the window, but he hurried up and said "OK, I'll take the $60. My wife wants to go inside." I thanked him warmly - they were now my seatmates, and very nice people!

So, I scored first tier tickets for $60! Not bad, although they were a bit far back.

I'm so glad I went to the show, even though I was terribly disappointed about missing the meet'n'greet. But you know - I had forgotten my album for Joe to sign, and went I went to the Best Buy to get a CD for him to sign, they didn't have any Joe Walsh. At that moment, there was still technically the possiblilty that Becca from the JWFC would call me with a cancellation, but as I stood there looking at the empty Joe Walsh section in Best Buy, I suddenly knew in my heart that wasn't going to happen. I got emotional, but I reconciled myself to it. It just wasn't meant to be, I guess. Life goes on, and it doesn't do any good to go on feeling sorry for myself. I know Dreamer can relate.

I have lots to tell, since I went to both shows. I'll try to get my thoughts organized and post them soon.

A quick answer to PM's question - no Cubbies line last night. I honestly wondered if Don would say "How 'bout them White Sox" just to be even-handed, lol, but no sports talk! Guess he learned his lesson.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten