I thought people might want to talk about which ones they like, which ones they think are cheesy (and let's face it, there are elements of his videos which are cheesy, mainly because of the women he insists on putting in them). So here are my opinions of them in vaguely chronological order.

I Found Somebody - Eerily like Don's Johnny Can't Read in that they are wearing their album cover clothes & they both look uncomfortable in their first solo video. The 'chat up' thing doesn't really work for me. The 'performance' thing (with a young Al Garth) is OK.

The One You Love - Partly works, partly doesn't. He isn't that heartbroken and lovelorn and we know it. He looks so young there, it's weird.

Sexy Girl - Hmmm. Well. In a way it's funny. He looks good. But....

Smuggler's Blues - This is superb and is riveting from start to finish, Plaintiff or no Plaintiff. Some nice 'acting' and costume changes, plus 'Aguilas' spray painted in the toilet and he dies in the end. What more could you want?

The Heat Is On - Straightforward and sultry. Love it when he hits the mic with his fist. Love the stubble. But WHY the female saxophonist?

You Belong To The City - Another classic with him rescuing the damsel in distress (and then abandoning her next morning). If you ignore his constant smoking he looks good. He flutters his eyelashes at the start and walks into the New York traffic at the end. Nice stuff.

True Love - Either love or hate. It's my favourite, believe it or not. I love the black people in the bar. I shouldn't say it but I identify with the girl and want to be her. Plus no guitar and mic stand grabbing. Works for me.

Livin' Right - Horribly dated. The definition of 'la fromage'. Improves as he starts to get fit. At least he seems to be enjoying it. Mrs Livin' Right is in it.

Soul Searchin' - Would have been perfect except for the corny sub-plot where he reconciles with the woman. The 'environmental protest' thing is OK, because he looks concerned about it. He should have stood in front of the gospel choir, I think.

Some Kind Of Blue - Very nice! Mr Schmit makes an appearance! Shows off Glenn's perfect features. In this one you can ignore the woman for a change.

POMPOY - I have a theory about why the SW album was a commercial failure. The videos were too low key. Apart from the shots from the movie in this, its too dark and his face is in shadow most of the time. The idea is right but the execution is wrong.

I've Got Mine - Too much information in the LA ghetto scenes,etc. Distracts from him standing there looking out of place.

Love In The 21st Century - WHY? The hair, the outfit, the.... It's different. That's all I can say about it.

Sorrry if I've left any out.

~~~

There's talk on the street, it sounds so familiar
Great expectations, everybody's watching you