Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Glenn's Videos

Stuck on the Border

Default Glenn's Videos

I thought people might want to talk about which ones they like, which ones they think are cheesy (and let's face it, there are elements of his videos which are cheesy, mainly because of the women he insists on putting in them). So here are my opinions of them in vaguely chronological order.

I Found Somebody - Eerily like Don's Johnny Can't Read in that they are wearing their album cover clothes & they both look uncomfortable in their first solo video. The 'chat up' thing doesn't really work for me. The 'performance' thing (with a young Al Garth) is OK.

The One You Love - Partly works, partly doesn't. He isn't that heartbroken and lovelorn and we know it. He looks so young there, it's weird.

Sexy Girl - Hmmm. Well. In a way it's funny. He looks good. But....

Smuggler's Blues - This is superb and is riveting from start to finish, Plaintiff or no Plaintiff. Some nice 'acting' and costume changes, plus 'Aguilas' spray painted in the toilet and he dies in the end. What more could you want?

The Heat Is On - Straightforward and sultry. Love it when he hits the mic with his fist. Love the stubble. But WHY the female saxophonist?

You Belong To The City - Another classic with him rescuing the damsel in distress (and then abandoning her next morning). If you ignore his constant smoking he looks good. He flutters his eyelashes at the start and walks into the New York traffic at the end. Nice stuff.

True Love - Either love or hate. It's my favourite, believe it or not. I love the black people in the bar. I shouldn't say it but I identify with the girl and want to be her. Plus no guitar and mic stand grabbing. Works for me.

Livin' Right - Horribly dated. The definition of 'la fromage'. Improves as he starts to get fit. At least he seems to be enjoying it. Mrs Livin' Right is in it.

Soul Searchin' - Would have been perfect except for the corny sub-plot where he reconciles with the woman. The 'environmental protest' thing is OK, because he looks concerned about it. He should have stood in front of the gospel choir, I think.

Some Kind Of Blue - Very nice! Mr Schmit makes an appearance! Shows off Glenn's perfect features. In this one you can ignore the woman for a change.

POMPOY - I have a theory about why the SW album was a commercial failure. The videos were too low key. Apart from the shots from the movie in this, its too dark and his face is in shadow most of the time. The idea is right but the execution is wrong.

I've Got Mine - Too much information in the LA ghetto scenes,etc. Distracts from him standing there looking out of place.

Love In The 21st Century - WHY? The hair, the outfit, the.... It's different. That's all I can say about it.

Sorrry if I've left any out.

~~~

There's talk on the street, it sounds so familiar
    Great expectations, everybody's watching you

Default Re: Glenn's Videos

OK, let me try! I've been lucky enough to see all of these videos, so I can comment on all of them.

-------------

I Found Somebody - Cheesy indeed. The part where he hits on the girl is kind of cute but awkward, too.

The One You Love - I adore this video. You just want to reach out and give him a hug... or more. lol I think he pulls off "love lorn" well, and I like the way the represented the triangle - the different men dancing with her, the car, etc.

Sexy Girl - This song annoys me, so it's hard for me to enjoy the video.

Smuggler's Blues - Who could not like Smuggler's Blues? Other than his dying at the end, which was upsetting, the video is perfection. It's like a mini-movie and he looks terrific in it.

The Heat Is On - A little simplistic, but I agree the stubble works for him. The female saxophonist was perhaps to add a little bit of sex appeal... don't think that worked too well. lol

You Belong To The City - I love the sense of motion about this video. It really captures the sense of the unrelenting pace of the city.

True Love - I fall in the "hate" category - or at least the "strongly dislike." The opening with the teens is cringe-worthy, and while I too would like to be the girl being sung to, that's not enough to save it for me.

Livin' Right - Yuck. I get the joke but it's too cheesy for words.

Soul Searchin' - I like this one, including the reconciliation. The whole "contemplative Glenn" works for me.

Some Kind Of Blue - He looks incredible in this video.

POMPOY - Not enough to it, although it works well as a vehicle to promote Thelma and Louise because you see so much of them and so little of Glenn.

I've Got Mine - I love this song, but the video is tiresome.

Love In The 21st Century - He looks absoultely terrible in this video (yes I know it was deliberate) and the song kind of annoys me too, so it's not a favorite, to say the least.

~

I've only got access to the downloads from L&M's site which are all pretty blurry, but I'm preparing to do a little research prior to contributing to this. Tough having homework to do, isn't it?

~~~

This way to happiness...

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Okay - I've already seen these, but I think I, too, need to do some more homework before commenting. The research will hopefully be interesting. Being as shallow as I am, and if my memory serves me correctly, I'll probably love them all just because of all the hotness. However, I am really going to try to be objective.

~~~~~~

I'm just a hired hand working on the dreams I plan to try. The days go by...

Stuck on the Border

Well, I guess quite a few of us will be cramming for this little test since we are apparently coming into this ill prepared. Sorry teacher, FP. I recall the majority of them, but it's been a while. Better review!

Stuck on the Border

It will be interesting to see what other think. Really if you look at what Soda and I have said the result appears to be 'not good enough'.

Just be glad I didn't try and talk about Don's videos.

~~~

There's talk on the street, it sounds so familiar
    Great expectations, everybody's watching you

Doing the research is half the fun! I think I'll need to review some videos myself. lol

~

On review, I've changed my mind about Sexy Girl. If I look at it as deliberately cheesy and a parody of "sexy" videos, then I can enjoy it!

~

I'm being brave here. I actually find 'I've Found Somebody' quite appealing. I think he looks rather cute in his white suit and, for me, there is a bit of unspoken tension in the exchanges between him and the girl. Plus I was always a sucker for a man kissing a girl's hand.

As for Glenn's kiss...

~~~

This way to happiness...

Yes, the kiss IS quite nice!

~