Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Glenn's Videos

Default Re: Glenn's Videos

I don't think Glenn's the other guy - of course the quality is pretty low, but it doesn't look like him to me.

~

Every time I read one of these posts I have to go back and check the video again. Now, 'You Belong To The City' is pretty good. Glenn looks fine, there's a bit of a storyline and of course the music is great. I agree with Soda here, I don't think the other guy is Glenn, and I also think the girl can look after herself. Mind you, Glenn has seen her in the bar before he goes in, so I think he has gone in there to check her out as well.

~~~

This way to happiness...

Does he see her in the bar before he goes in? He looks surprised to me when he sees her in there, and he doesn't go over to her.

~

Oh heck, I'm going to have to watch it again!

~~~

This way to happiness...

Stuck on the Border

Glenn hasn't gone into the bar to check the woman out. It comes as a complete surprise to him that she's there. Where I disagree with others concerns her motivation in 'coming on' to him.

~~~

There's talk on the street, it sounds so familiar
    Great expectations, everybody's watching you

While we're on the topic, I find I like the darker videos better. Maybe it's the fact that he's more intense in them or just that it's a change from the happy guy we see during shows (whom I adore!) but whatever the reason, those are the ones I love watching the most. Obviously, Smuggler's Blues and You Belong to the City are the darkest, but I like the emotionally tense videos like The One You Love. I guess the exception to this would be I've Got Mine, which bores me.

~

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Okay - my take on YBTTC is also that it is a very good video. I pretty much agree with soda's interpretation, including the constant motion in the video. As far as the girl - IMO she appears to be a rich, spoiled type. I don't see fear at all - emptiness and loneliness maybe, but not fear. I think Glenn sees her before he goes in to the bar and is checking her out, but for some unknown reason decides not to pursue her. However, when she puts the move on him, he's not gonna turn down a sure thing. However, by the way he leaves the next morning, it sure looks like it turns out to be only a one nighter.

~~~~~~

I'm just a hired hand working on the dreams I plan to try. The days go by...

Hmm. After re-watching, I can see how one might think he sees her before going in. I think he sees her as he's already going in, but it's not clear-cut.

Isn't it fun to analyze Glenn's moves so closely?

~

Stuck on the Border

Soda, your screen shots are coming on so well. Just for fun, though, these are the most cringe-inducing moments in my opinion:

The collar goes INSIDE the shirt, man!

That hairstyle is appalling. I know it's back to the 'spiky' look at the end and I know this is a 'before & after' thing but....

~~~

There's talk on the street, it sounds so familiar
    Great expectations, everybody's watching you

lol! I have to agree with you about that Livin' Right hair. It's absolutely horrible. It makes his head look like a big square!

~