Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lover's Moon

eaglesfans

Default Re: Lover's Moon

Dana--Glad you liked them. That Lover's Moon performance is one of our all-time favorite Eagles moments.

<blockquote>Quote:<hr>L&M, I found Lover's Moon on the Fastlane. Thanks so much! It was wonderful to watch, and Peaceful Easy Feeling and Best of My Love were great, too. <hr></blockquote>

</p>

I guess 4 if you count Peaceful Easy Feeling
    I don't count that because it showed up in England in 1996.

As I said earlier, I agree with you that these were probably dropped because of the fact that they would drag the show down. I don't think, though, that we can totally discount the fact that they were "Eagleized" just for the "Unplugged" show. As I'm sure you know, these guys like to work up special things for special occasions (Like Don's Witchy setlist when touring with Stevie). The revamped / acousitc Hotel California is testament to this. They never performed that version live either...except for the broadcast. It could just be that they thought, "Hey...we've got an orchestra here and we're supposed to be basically acoustic...let's do something that we would never do otherwise!" That's simply the point I was trying to make.
    Makes sense to me.

~

Since we've all been talking about it, I posted an MP3 of Lover's Moon being done live by Glenn solo in Tokyo here. Enjoy!

~

Stuck on the Border

Just to add to this, I was listening to it earlier today. Glenn sounds so raw and nervous it makes you cry. The fact that it's Don singing with him makes it that much more poignant. They could do worse than revive this, slow as it is. He needs at least one solo song in the Eagles show.

I just downloaded these from the Fastlane and watched them. Thank you, L&M. I agree with you, Julie, he almost sounds tentative, as if he is nervous of the other guys' opinions - which is silly of me, because being such professionals they would obviously have rehearsed it before going live. All the same, it is a moving performance and strikes more of a chord with me than the recorded version. As for acoustic PEF and Best of My love - sheer bliss.

~~~

This way to happiness...

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I agree Glenn's live version of this is OUTSTANDING! I always thought his voice is beautiful in this song. However, IMO, the the recorded version is just average. I also agree that he should definately include a couple of his solo songs in the Eagles concerts, but this wouldn't be my first choice.

~~~~~~

I'm just a hired hand working on the dreams I plan to try. The days go by...

Stuck on the Border

It wouldn't be my first choice either, but gee, it was great to hear.

I also think he sounds tentative and nervous in PEF, too - and he presumably was aware of the other members' opinions of his vocals on that song. Again that makes it a very moving performance. The only thing that annoys me about it is the electric guitar parts sound unfinished.

I also think he sounds tentative and nervous in PEF, too
    I agree, although his voice gets stronger as he goes along, and he almost seems reassured when Don's harmonies come in. It is moving indeed.

~~~

This way to happiness...

I love PEF's soft start and then the way it gains strength. It's a highly effectively arrangement - my favorite version. I wish they still played it like that.

~

Border Desperado

I also think he sounds tentative and nervous in PEF, too - and he presumably was aware of the other members' opinions of his vocals on that song.
    What were their opinions..? (Sorry...I haven't seen/heard this or heard anything about it...lol...for an obsessed fan I know precious little! Did they not like it, or are you saying he was just sort of waiting out to see how they reacted to his vocal on it?

-----

~*She'll always be...the girl from yesterday...*~

My friend and I: "Nice coat Glenn!"

Joe Walsh, at next pause between songs: "Hey, nice coat, Glenn."

Glenn: "Thanks, thanks...yah, I picked this up at the..Liberace garage sale, glad you like it..."