Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Chicago private show

Default Re: Chicago private show

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Last I heard, the Party of Two asks for about a third of a million to play events and that's not including costs such as transportation, venue expenses, hired help, extra materials to provide for their comfort (see rider MikeA posted elsewhere)... I imagine it would easily get upwards of $350,000!
    Well, wish me luck on hittin the lotto

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Good Luck PeekaBoo!!

I see the pick now stands at $51. With more than 2 days to go. I bidded in the early stages but am out of it now. I have an identical one from London, so its not THAT important to me.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Good Grief! $51 for a guitar pick? I bought one off of eBay...I think it was Frey's and I don't remember paying more than $10 for it including $5 or so for shipping to cover the $.38 postage! It's getting crazy out there!

Reminds me though, I need to get a fresh picture of the picks. I think the photo paper in this one is beginning to crinkle with age, don't you?

All of the picks below came from concerts we went to and we got them from the crew after the show EXCEPT for Glenn's and the "Official Joe Walsh Pick" which comes in the JWFC new member's packet.

I never did get one of Timothy's picks though and I was watching for one too! I have one of Henley's picks. It's gray with his name on it in white. I got that pick after I'd taken the photograph and have since reframed the display. But I've been holding off on getting it digitized in hopes of getting a pick from TBS.

HERE ARE THE PICKS
    Last edited by MikeA; 10-09-2008 at 11:10 AM.

MikeA

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Great picks Mike! The Joe one is particularly cool!! I have 4 Glenn picks - all from different eras including one from the 2008 tour. My daughter as a 'Timmy pick' as she calls it as well. They all cost in between €10 and €20, + P&P. I'd bid higher for an unusual one.

Of course if I had any commercial sense I would release the London one....but notta hope!! I am more the sentimental type! Glenn your picks are safe with me!!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

The 2003 Walsh pick I think was the one my son fought for at the Wichita concert that year. The one that just says "Eagles 2002" Might be either Joe's or Stu's. One of the crew tossed it to my daughter at the Oklahoma City concert and it came from the right side of the stage. Probably Stu's.

MikeA

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Very cool, Mike. I agree that $51 is an outrageous amount of money for a pick. I've seen them on ebay before a lot cheaper than that.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

You UK fans, here's an auction I'd think you'd be interested in!

EAGLES COMMEMORATIVE GUITAR PICKS

CHECK THIS ONE OUT TOO

These are not "authorized" by the Eagles but are very similar to my Joe Walsh Commemorative Collection that I got through JWFC.

I also saw a TBS pick that I just may bid on. That would complete my "real" pick collection except for Felder and Smith. I doubt that I could afford one from Leadon and Meisner.
    Last edited by MikeA; 10-09-2008 at 11:36 AM.

MikeA