Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
Ticky! If you think its difficult to get from Oregon to Kansas for practice can you imagine hubby's reaction when I suggest going from Ireland to Kansas!! But somehow if 'Borderline' makes it, I will too!!
It sure would be fun to bang around with others. I miss it I do! My son has gone Reggae and the closest thing I've come to that is Hotel California!

But I did get my Fender acoustic amp back today. I really like it. The old strings on my Seagull have long lost their brightness. But the amp has a "string dynamic" that you can dial that brightness of new strings right back in!

And I wish you could hear what the "chorus" does for my Epi! Now I remember why I bought that amp!

Oh, and I discovered my other microphone was in the gigbag I'd taken up to my F-I-L's. Might be able to hook something up now that will capture Miles singing <LOL>

I had forgotten that I had a belt amp with distortion. It's great for practicing with an electric using headphones. But alas, I have not been able to find the vintage 1968 8-ohm headphones that I've used for years...well, about 40 years as a matter of fact! One of these days when I'm not looking for them, I'll find them.

But seriously on the practice...it's good to practice "solo" but so much better to work with someone else. Adds a lot of motive to squeez out everything you've got and pushes you to new skills with the ax. Heck, I might even move to Country if I could find someone around here who played that style! "G" "D7" and "Em" or "C" "G7" and "F" for some Folk.

I pulled out an old PP&M book this morning (Peter Paul & Mary). "Puff", "Hammer", "Flowers" all those old Folkies. Fun stuff!