Page 6 of 109 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Thread: Gearhead

Default Re: Gearhead

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    Ticky! If you think its difficult to get from Oregon to Kansas for practice can you imagine hubby's reaction when I suggest going from Ireland to Kansas!! But somehow if 'Borderline' makes it, I will too!!
    It sure would be fun to bang around with others. I miss it I do! My son has gone Reggae and the closest thing I've come to that is Hotel California!

But I did get my Fender acoustic amp back today. I really like it. The old strings on my Seagull have long lost their brightness. But the amp has a "string dynamic" that you can dial that brightness of new strings right back in!

And I wish you could hear what the "chorus" does for my Epi! Now I remember why I bought that amp!

Oh, and I discovered my other microphone was in the gigbag I'd taken up to my F-I-L's. Might be able to hook something up now that will capture Miles singing <LOL>

I had forgotten that I had a belt amp with distortion. It's great for practicing with an electric using headphones. But alas, I have not been able to find the vintage 1968 8-ohm headphones that I've used for years...well, about 40 years as a matter of fact! One of these days when I'm not looking for them, I'll find them.

But seriously on the practice...it's good to practice "solo" but so much better to work with someone else. Adds a lot of motive to squeez out everything you've got and pushes you to new skills with the ax. Heck, I might even move to Country if I could find someone around here who played that style! "G" "D7" and "Em" or "C" "G7" and "F" for some Folk.

I pulled out an old PP&M book this morning (Peter Paul & Mary). "Puff", "Hammer", "Flowers" all those old Folkies. Fun stuff!

MikeA

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

We went to an antique show this afternoon and I found an old guitar and case displayed in one of the booths and I found myself going over and looking it over. My husband wondered what I was doing. Told him was just curious. I would have probably looked at it and walked by it a week ago--before I started reading this forum!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

heheh Willie, gotcha!! before you know it, you'll be hooked too with a new ax and bangin out a tune! I am loving it so much I cant even tell you!

Mike! I cant wait to hear Miles singing LLRH!! *G* and you gotta let him play your git too!! *G* you're raisin' that boy right *G*

MIL got me a deluxe gig bag for my bday and a hotel cali tab book!! WOOHOO!! before ya know it I'll be another Joe! or Felder! .. eh.. maybe Henley *G*

As far as Borderline goes, I'll need the travel time to practice! Im not *quite* ready to play with anyone else *G* or in front of anyone else for that matter! I guess Joe, Felder and Henley are still safe *G*

Well dang! I knew Joe has about every guitar he might ever have a fancy for but I didn't know he played Tacoma guitars! This one looks like it might be one of the Jumbo Cutaway Baritone guitars. I have major lust for one of the Tacoma Roadkings. They look almost exactly like this one but are just a little smaller and have a higher tone. I note that this one has a Spruce top instead of the softer Cedar top like the "Tacoma Chief".

It is such a shame that Tacoma was bought out by Fender and is for now anyway, shut down. I heard something about them moving the Tacoma factory to Connecticut. I just hope they reopen under the Tacoma name!

I don't remember who posted this pic...Peekaboo? I believe it is a scan from the LROE program. Anyway THANKS....

MikeA

Default New Gearhead

Here's a new Gearhead in the group! There are other pictures of Miles banging the gitters at my website:

MikeA

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Awwww Mike, he is ADORABLE!!!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Miles is a cutey!!! It also looks like he is much adored by his grandpa!!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Awwww, he's adorable Mike!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Look out JW!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

After being in Vegas for a week, Miles and I both had a lot of jamming to catch up on last night! He just about has Lil Red Riding Hood down pat...especially the "wolf's Howl". He really likes singing into the Mics. I have one of the plugged into my Acoustasonic Jr. that has both Chorus and Reverb on the Mic side. He get's down on that one!

Dang, while walking down to the El Cortez on Fremont in downtown Vegas, I noticed a "Vegas Guitar" shop that had opened since the last time I was out there! In the front window, there was a Les Paul finished in silver and glitter! I meant to go back and look at what other guitars they had on display. I'll just bet they had some pretty rare axes hanging on the walls.

Every once in a while, you can find some real treasures in Pawn Shops. I'm not hesitant to browse through the ones in Wichita. But in Vegas...well, you must know how desparate the people are who are hocking things out there for gambling money. The shop I saw wasn't a Pawn Shop, but I've seen them out there. Always in pretty creapy parts of town! You know, next to the Museum of Erotic Arts, or the Adult Book and Movie store! There are usually people of all ages laying on the sidewalks covered in newspaper close to those shops.

MikeA