Page 104 of 109 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1085

Thread: Gearhead

Default Re: Gearhead

Quote Originally Posted by Windeagle View Post
    GASP! Oh man, I'd have been in heaven. Love, love, LOVE that song. Desperado through OOTN is my favorite Eagles era. Too bad the camera person got too drunk to film, but I guess that's what parties are for. Glad you got a chance to rock it good. Thanks for sending the pic and better luck next time on the video.
    Yes I'm very disappointed they didn't at least record Already Gone and Gold Dust Woman - probably the two best songs of the night. What was funny is the person that was drunk recorded all of the time in between songs and not the songs themselves. I guess that's why they call it intoxicated. Next time I'll set up a freaking tripod and start the video myself LOL.

Also during warmup I started into the intro 16th note riff to "Edge Of Seventeen" and the drummer started trying to sing like Stevie Nicks (Just like the white winged dove part) and it was hilarious as he couldn't even come close to the notes LOL. Our female singer wasn't familiar with that though so I stopped playing it after a few bars while everyone else was warming up. But it was funny trying to hear him sing it.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

So you did get to do GDW! I was wondering! Too bad you couldn't do Edge of Seventeen, although Waddy Wachtel says that doing that riff for so long can be hard on the fingers!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    So you did get to do GDW! I was wondering! Too bad you couldn't do Edge of Seventeen, although Waddy Wachtel says that doing that riff for so long can be hard on the fingers!
    It definitely can take the energy right out of you. I read an interview where he said playing that song every night after a full tour with Stevie and he could crack walnuts with his right hand LOL. It's a very fast alternate picking palm muted 16th note riff. Back and forth on the same string.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Well I got my Twin Reverb amp back yesterday from the tech. Although the main guy was out so they couldn't tell me what they fixed. Seems to be working better. I had to drop off my Super Reverb amp though as I think I blew a preamp tube the other night at that gig! Must have really been playing too loud!

Maybe I'll shoot some video today with the Twin Reverb as I haven't done any videos with it lately. I'd like to do some videos with the new Strat as well as my old 50s Tele relic. I've been playing more Fender guitars than Gibsons lately. I need to pick up Ruby tomorrow for a little while to let her know she's still loved.

Also I'm planning my early Ausfest (my take on Ozzfest. ) jam for the first weekend in October and I'm looking forward to that and trying to get both all of the players and the audience on the same page and making sure the date we pick is open for everyone. It's out at my parents cabin in the woods. Lots of fun. Can't wait to rock it up and play. I'm getting a wide variety of players this year from blues guys to country guys to rock guys. So there is something for everyone. I'll be likely opening and closing the event with a big Open Jam at the end. Definitely will be video of that I promise you. Or I'll have to kick some major you-know-what this time. Being drunk is no excuse.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

Looking forward to it!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Excellent, Austin! Sounds like a good time. I can't wait to hear what comes out of it.

I was hoping to get some more pedals before then but I doubt that happens.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

So I have two new pedals arriving today. Fulltone Plimsoul, which is an overdrive/distortion pedal. Also a Keeley C4 4-Knob, which is a compressor/sustainer pedal. Both of which I will be doing separate videos for and will be posting them over the weekend. I'm very excited especially about the compressor as I love a good compressor pedal to really thicken things up.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

There's currently a series of programmes being shown on UK TV where Billy Connolly is riding along Route 66.
    In this week's programme one of the 'places' he visited was a guy called Rob Lavery, who has a collection of instruments that would make Austin turn luminous lime green with envy. The collection is not open to the public, and no town was mentioned, so I can't give those details.
    Rob says he has one of the, if not the, largest collection of lap steels in the world.
    He also collects zithers (two go back to 1890), ukuleles, and has what must be at least several hundred guitars - fifty Fender Coronadoes alone.

WOW! Very cool! I'd love to go......visit him. Yeah, visit is the world I'm looking for!
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger