Page 92 of 109 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102 ... LastLast

Thread: Gearhead

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Gearhead

Quote Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
    Things are okay. Just taking a break from the forum for a while. Got so much going on with building the new computer and opening up our yard for Summer (if it ever gets here). Two ponds and a swimming pool plus residing part of the house. With one computer on the blink, I don't have one upstairs any more so have to go to the basement to link up. By the time I can do that, I'm sick of looking at computers!
    Understandable! I just miss your posts and our discussions - I feel like I'm the only rooster in the hen house so to speak! But then again, that may have it's benefits though too! Just kiddin'.

Stuck on the Border

I put a Hot Rail pickup from Seymour Duncan in the bridge of my white Strat. Totally cool fat humbucker sound but can be split to sound like a strat pickup! Demo coming soon!

Stuck on the Border

I just ordered a new overdrive pedal. Basically a modified Ibanez Tubescreamer circuit. Based on the Tube Screamer but with more tone shaping. The demos sound killer. Expect a video sometime next week! I plan on pairing it with the Paisley Drive for a real big sound as a lead booster.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    I put a Hot Rail pickup from Seymour Duncan in the bridge of my white Strat. Totally cool fat humbucker sound but can be split to sound like a strat pickup! Demo coming soon!
    Okay Austin - what language is this? I totally don't understand any of this. Maybe I'll learn something from your demo.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Okay Austin - what language is this? I totally don't understand any of this. Maybe I'll learn something from your demo.
    The demo is in the Member Sound Bytes thread! It's called the "Another Hotrodded Strat" video.

Stuck on the Border

I just bought another guitar. Well, to specify I TRADED for another guitar. I traded an ESP foreign made guitar and some cheap pedals straight up for a:

ERNIE BALL MUSIC MAN

Yes, the same type Joe and Stu have been playing. American made guitar by the Ernie Ball company. I don't have it yet but plan on picking it up this week. Watch out for pics and a demo video!

Stuck on the Border

I just received the overdrive pedal I ordered a few days back. It's a killer bluesy pedal. No fizzy distortion, and is ALL ANALOG, like I like it. It pairs wonderfully with my Wampler Paisley Drive, another analog pedal. The Paisley has more gain for more of a rock thing, this pedal is more of a bluesy Tubescreamer type pedal. Makes you want to play blues ALL day long!

I will record a demo on Friday (too busy tomorrow) and I shall have it up by the weekend. I will record this demo with my new Music Man guitar so it's going to be a 2-in-1 demo.

Stuck on the Border

Here is a picture my new guitar at the store!

And here is a picture of the one and only Joe Walsh playing the same model:

True story - I didn't know Joe played this model til AFTER I bought it. But when I googled the model name and found out Joe plays/played one that made it just that much cooler!

Ernie Ball Music Man's are fantastic guitars, kind of like PRS they are making the best production line guitars right now along with Fender and PRS. This will NOT be my last Music Man guitar. I want to get some more! Joe and Stu seem to LOVE them, and Felder used one on the HFO Eagles tour too.

Wow, that IS cool!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

I love this guitar! It's going to become one of my main gigging guitars because it cuts through the mix like a knife yet retains thickness in the rhythm.