Brave New World

Delicious

A Walk In the Dark

Big Life

Solo Collection:

This Way to Happiness

Common Ground

Call On Me

IMO, the odds are probably pretty slim that we'll see him do any of these. I can see him possibly doing one of the Solo Collection songs live before any of the others. Soda, what don't you like about Common Ground? I love that one. For me, the only ones that I would really love to see are I Volunteer and Soul Searchin'. I think Soul Searchin' would be very powerful done live. However, I don't think it will happen. Since That Girl was written for plaintiff, I guess we can write that off for sure. Also, it doesn't seem like there's much chance of hearing anything from Strange Weather live, which is such a shame. But, then again, we are talking about the unpredictible Mr. Frey here, so who knows!

~~~~~~

I'm just a hired hand working on the dreams I plan to try. The days go by...

Default Re: Songs Glenn has never performed live

Thanks for the revised list! Common Ground is a nice enough song with a good message, but it's not very interesting melodically to me. JMHO.

My dream song to hear live that he's never done before is That Girl (Plaintiff or no Plaintiff!). I Volunteer is another one. Other than that, I'd most like to hear live Brave New World, This Way to Happiness, and Call On me.

I'd also love to hear him revive POMPOY or River of Dreams. True Love would be another song I would welcome back. And After Hours again - sigh!

~

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I agree that I would be ecstatic if he did True Love and River of Dreams at Rama, as well as POMPOY. I don't hold much hope for ROD or POMPOY though. But anything can happen ...

~~~~~~

Stuck on the Border

I actually think Common Ground would be a good crowd pleaser, as it has that 'gospel' feel to it. I think it's a great song.

He probably doesn't know how many people have now heard After Hours. I wish he did. I don't know why, but the stark simplicity of it makes it one of the best songs he's ever written.

I will put in a vote for wanting him to do He Took Advantage, although he won't for obvious reasons. It's one of my favourite vocals. I particularly like 'the way he ma-a-ade you feeeeel' (sigh). I also like how it changes key for the last verse.

I'd vote for He Took Advantage too, since that is my all-time favorite Glenn song. I'd love to hear that guitar part live.

Should POMPOY even count as having been performed? It would be amazing to hear it in full, though I know that will probably never happen.

---

-Irene

Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.

I can see He Took Advantage working live. Irene, I agree in that Im not sure we can even say he did POMPOY live since it was no more than a third of the song that ever got played!

~

Border Desperado

Another vote for I Volunteer, here! As well as Call On Me, Soul Searchin', and This Way To Happiness. I think This Way To Happiness would work well as an opener, actually...high energy, up tempo and upbeat as well. I think he could do Soul Searchin' without the full gospel choir...he's got a lot of strong singers in his band, he probably wouldn't even need to add anyone (although he could always add a classical soprano if he wanted to, to bring the 'choir' feel to it...*cough*I'mnotthatgoodbutI'mtrained*cough* ). I'd also like to add a vote for Somebody Else, because I *love* that song. I don't know how much he likes to use his high voice in concert though, because I'm assuming that gets hard after awhile, though I love it in YBTTC. I'm also not sure how well it would translate to live.

I say we make a petition and then send it to him, to make night 2 at Rama an All-Request night. LOLOL! Wouldn't *that* be nice!

-----

~*She'll always be...the girl from yesterday...*~

My friend and I: "Nice coat Glenn!"

Joe Walsh, at next pause between songs: "Hey, nice coat, Glenn."

Glenn: "Thanks, thanks...yah, I picked this up at the..Liberace garage sale, glad you like it..."

Ah - The falsetto debate begins on Flip City!

PCG - I laugh because many of us have had this debate on Eagleland. I, for one, am not a fan of the falsetto voice mainly because I think it detracts from Glenn's naturally smooth beautiful voice.

However, I do love your idea about the all request nights at Rama!

~~~~~~

Um, dreamer, I think she meant request songs.......

-------------

Cause I'm livin' on things that excite me,
    Be they pastries or lobsters or love;
    I'm just tryin' to get by being quiet and shy,
    In a world full of pushin' and shove.

Z - we ARE twins separated at birth. I knew you'd catch that!

~~~~~~