Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Felder Interviews and promotions

Default Re: Felder Interviews and promotions

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    I just wish someone would tell him that it doesn't matter how often he talks about 'reaching out' to his former bandmates. Every time he is interviewed he says it again, not ever saying what he means by 'reaching out'. As long as he takes every opportunity he can to tip buckets all over them, Glenn in particular, why does he then act so hurt & surprised when they don't respond? He has done it again with his interviews responding to the box set. We all know that he wants nothing to do with Glenn so why does he keep up this charade? I suppose once again it is to make himself look like the aggrieved party & them as the heartless bastards. It works on the converted, I suppose, but it doesn't work on me.
    When he says, "reaching out" he means with a phone call or possibly an email is the way it seemed to me. I don't see him saying one word about Glenn, so I don't get where that is coming from. If he would reach out & call anyone, it would probably be Joe. I doubt he would contact Glenn. I have seen & heard most of his interviews & as far as what I've seen he does not mention Glenn. Things are not likely to change.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Well, then, TK, take a load of this article. Other than Randy, Glenn is about the only one he mentions and in a negative way (of course). This is exactly the kind of thing I've been talking about. After saying he didn't want to spend time talking about the acrimonious break-up, he then takes a dig at Glenn in every way open to him given the questions asked. And he seriously wonders why no one answers when he calls? You know, even if it's just Joe he's reaching out to, Joe works with Glenn and is friendly with Glenn. He probably can't stomach this any more than I can.

I can't even agree with him that Whitney's version of I'll Always Love You is better than Dolly's, but then I realize that's my country roots showing (and he obviously needs to hear Dolly's duet of the song with Vince Gill).

http://suite101.com/a/don-felder-speaks
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border

The comments about TGFY are just nasty. When the song was played in Australia back in 1995 ikt was well received. Yes, it was dropped but not after 'a couple of months'. Get Over It was dropped much more quickly. I never even SAW GOI, which was dropped BEFORE they got to Australia. Nothing like getting your facts straight; as usual. It was also very well received a couple of weeks ago.

As for I Will Always Love You Houston's version of it makes my ears bleed. He's entitled to his opinion.

TK, when you say 'I don't see him saying one word about Glenn' I meant the endless interviews, the book, some lyrics on the album, culminating in the interview VA just posted which I assume is recent. It all builds up. He disparages Glenn whenever he gets a chance, and if you haven't noticed that, all I can say is I am surprised.

And one more thing. The Guitar World interview repeats yet again the myth of Hotel California being the first single from that album. Revisionism is all very well. Those of us who actually know the facts don't have to go along with it.
    Last edited by Freypower; 03-15-2013 at 04:55 PM.

Suite 101: I've heard that, these days, the supposedly improvised 'banter' with the audience is actually scripted. Is that true?

"I wouldn’t know… I would know that when I was in the band that Glenn really was the main front spokesman. He carried the dialogue and he had the history of being very repetitive from show to show. Every once in a while, he’d throw some new element in about a song and get a laugh or something, but it was pretty much like a show.

"A lot of the show was choreographed. I came out when Don came out from behind the drums, Joe and I would go over and play together on a certain area of the stage and it was almost like a play - and it was identical from night to night, musically and script-wise. I don’t know wehat they’re doing now – I haven’t seen their show, to tell you the truth…

Suite 101: I think Glenn Frey makes the same joke every time he introduces Take It To The Limit, that it's his "wife’s credit card song!"

"Well, after being in the band and hearing Randy Meisner sing Take It To The Limit... and there’s only two people that I’ve seen live sing that get huge standing ovations. One year it was Roy Orbison that opened for us... I think it was on part of the Hotel California tour and he would sing the song Crying, where again he gets really high.

"It was our cue – when we heard the audience explode with appreciation and reaction to him singing those really high notes that, ‘Okay, we’ve got five minutes’. Every night, like clockwork, he was able to do that. Randy Meisner did that every night on Take It To The Limit. You could count the same number of goosebumps on your neck every night when Randy hit those high notes at the end...

"Audiences would stand up explode with just overwhelming appreciation and I’m not certain that that’s performed the same way. I think Glenn sings that now, if I’m not mistaken… He did co-write it with Randy, but to me I don’t think that song will ever be the same without Randy Meisner singing it. It’s like Whitney Houston. That song, I Will Always Love You, I think it was a Dolly Parton song. Dolly can sing it, but it ain’t gonna do the same thing that Whitney did!"

I don't think he is dissing Glenn here, calling him the spokesman, telling the jokes, intros to the songs. He is certainly very complimentary to Randy here. I do agree that the song TITTL is not the same without Randy, and he really gets into talking about how Randy got a huge reaction from the audience.

I agree that what he says about TGRY, was not that nice, but I don't think it was a dig against Glenn, more about the song itself. I have to agree that if I had to go to the bathroom, well, that would be the song I would go to.

FP, you see everything negative about what he says about Glenn, but it doesn't come off that way to me. I just am more open to him. You have to try not to take it all so personally. It was not all that bad. What do you expect?
    I guess I kind of see what you're saying, but these are little minor things that I don't read as that terrible.

Read more at Suite101: Don Felder Speaks | Suite101 http://suite101.com/a/don-felder-speaks#ixzz2NeZSyIj7
    Follow us: @suite101 on Twitter | Suite101 on Facebook

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    I don't think he is dissing Glenn here, calling him the spokesman, telling the jokes, intros to the songs. He is certainly very complimentary to Randy here. I do agree that the song TITTL is not the same without Randy, and he really gets into talking about how Randy got a huge reaction from the audience.

I agree that what he says about TGRY, was not that nice, but I don't think it was a dig against Glenn, more about the song itself. I have to agree that if I had to go to the bathroom, well, that would be the song I would go to.

FP, you see everything negative about what he says about Glenn, but it doesn't come off that way to me. I just am more open to him. You have to try not to take it all so personally. It was not all that bad. What do you expect?
    I guess I kind of see what you're saying, but these are little minor things that I don't read as that terrible.

Read more at Suite101: Don Felder Speaks | Suite101 http://suite101.com/a/don-felder-speaks#ixzz2NeZSyIj7
    Of course you don't see anything negative about what he says. I'm not sure saying you're more open to him is correct. More like you fall for his BS each and every time.

On a side note, it's possible that quoting so much of the article rather than just the link back is a copyright violation. 'Fair Use' is nebulous and most media outlets are fair about it, but there is at least one corporation who owns a lot of smaller outlets who likes to sue sites that exist off of donations, because they know the people reading them will cough up the money to keep the site going. Better safe than sorry.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post

The entire tone of referring to Glenn always telling the same jokes is full of sneering dislike. So is the TGFY stuff. It is not about the song at all; do you think Felder would have talked about one of Henley's songs in that way? Plus the blatant untruths, which I pointed out & you of course choose to ignore. If you cannot see that, there is nothing I can say to you. You tell me not to take it personally. I don't. I just get tired of the endless putdowns, & then when Glenn actually hit back in the documentary, you & others were very quick to join the 'let's abuse Glenn' bandwagon.

You like Felder & you don't like Glenn. I am the opposite. As much as you have the right to defend Felder I have the right to defend Glenn.

I bought Felder's album. I was prepared to give it a chance. I have not said much about what I think of it because there seems no point.

As for 'what did I expect'; again I could say the same about the documentary that apparently horrified you so much.

I don't want to argue with you. I wish Felder would drop this stuff & focus on himself & his future, that's all.

The entire tone of referring to Glenn always telling the same jokes is full of sneering dislike.
    I thought that came from the source didn't it?! It said "Suite 101:" in front of that comment about the Plantiff joke. I didn't think that is what DF said. Could be wrong, but I read it as being their comment, not his.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

fp

I like what you say about he( felder) should just move on......
    I agree....and you said it so beautifully ty

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    I thought that came from the source didn't it?! It said "Suite 101:" in front of that comment about the Plantiff joke. I didn't think that is what DF said. Could be wrong, but I read it as being their comment, not his.
    "I wouldn’t know… I would know that when I was in the band that Glenn really was the main front spokesman. He carried the dialogue and he had the history of being very repetitive from show to show. Every once in a while, he’d throw some new element in about a song and get a laugh or something, but it was pretty much like a show.

This is what Felder actually says. It's more dismissive than sneering, I guess. It's like 'oh yeah, Glenn was the frontman, so what'? It's the TGFY part that is sneering.

This is what Felder actually says. It's more dismissive than sneering, I guess. It's like 'oh yeah, Glenn was the frontman, so what'? It's the TGFY part that is sneering.
    My mistake then. I thought you meant that you thought Felder is the one that said directly about the joke at every concert.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."