Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Felder Interviews and promotions

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Re: Felder Interviews and promotions

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Glenn didn't do much media in Australia, but it wasn't mentioned once. I get the feeling they think it is in the past already.
    You mean he didn't mention it during the show? He mentioned it in several interviews. Don mentioned the Showtime premiere during his show on Feb. 1.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    You mean he didn't mention it during the show? He mentioned it in several interviews. Don mentioned the Showtime premiere during his show on Feb. 1.
    I will take your word for it; I was more interested in the tour itself, to be honest.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Correction about TITTL: I have been to many shows and seen Glenn's version get ovations. It doesn't happen every time, but it's happened at several shows I've been to. I remember one show especially where it got such an extended ovation that he seemed a little embarrassed. I think it was Louisville 2010 although I'm not positive.

I'm not saying it's necessarily better than Randy's version, but it still holds a great deal of power and I love it. So do most of the members of the audience.... so I'm not sure why Felder felt the need to bring up that comparison. He wasn't asked about that in particular.
    I think it was Louisville too where TITTL got such a huge rousing ovation. From my experiences, this is still usually one of the best received songs in the setlist at shows. However, there have been a couple of occasions where I've seen the crowd just erupt and go wild over it.

Now - Do I prefer Randy's version? Yes. And the main reason is because of the way the high notes build in intensity, especially at the end of the song. There is no way that Glenn can hit those notes, but I've always said I wished that Timothy would sing them now. However, Tim has said that he didn't want to do it out of respect for Randy and I can certainly appreciate that. As much as I would love to hear it as a fan, I guess they think it might come across as 'in your face' under the circumstances ... like 'Okay Randy - you don't think you can hit those notes - well, let me show you how it's done'. So, I'll take what I can get. I'll take the song without the high notes rather than not at all any day!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I also prefer an electric version or an orchestral version over plain acoustic. A dramatic song like TITTL benefits from arrangements that give an intense musical climax, be it with those high vocals or with dramatic instrumentation when such vocals are absent. The acoustic with its mellow strumming just never achieves that level of intensity (although it certainly is better than nothing and I still enjoy it immensely).

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

TITTL was in the past kind of Randy's signature song, but now that he's been out of the Eagles for over 30 years, not a lot of people even remember Randy or know that as Randy's song. I think Glenn's version is good, but it's different, as it should be. I can understand Timothy not wanting to do it. I guess Glenn thought the song was good enough to keep in the setlist & put his own spin on it....When I copied that part of the interview, I was merely pointing out that Fleder had some nice things to say about Randy....but somehow this has turned into being about Glenn....Whatever??

As for Felder, I know he is doing a music cruise, with some other groups & his daughter. I think. I also read somewhere he is doing the Jeff Probst show?? Not sure when that is.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I also prefer an electric version or an orchestral version over plain acoustic. A dramatic song like TITTL benefits from arrangements that give an intense musical climax, be it with those high vocals or with dramatic instrumentation when such vocals are absent. The acoustic with its mellow strumming just never achieves that level of intensity (although it certainly is better than nothing and I still enjoy it immensely).
    Oh yes! I prefer an electric version of the song so much better than the acoustic version. The first time I heard Glenn do an electric version after seeing his acoustic version for so long, I thought I was going to pass out.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    TITTL was in the past kind of Randy's signature song, but now that he's been out of the Eagles for over 30 years, not a lot of people even remember Randy or know that as Randy's song. I think Glenn's version is good, but it's different, as it should be. I can understand Timothy not wanting to do it. I guess Glenn thought the song was good enough to keep in the setlist & put his own spin on it....When I copied that part of the interview, I was merely pointing out that Fleder had some nice things to say about Randy....but somehow this has turned into being about Glenn....Whatever??

As for Felder, I know he is doing a music cruise, with some other groups & his daughter. I think. I also read somewhere he is doing the Jeff Probst show?? Not sure when that is.
    1. I think it is far too simplistic to say that 'not a lot of people even remember Randy or know it as Randy's song'. If they have the OOTN album they will know. People who have been fans since the 70s will know.

2. Felder says nice things about Randy, Bernie, Henley, Joe & Tim. All of them. He does NOT say nice things about Glenn. Ever.

I can only assume that the version of TITTL I have just seen is the acoustic version because Glenn plays acoustic guitar. I don't know the 'electric' version at all.

Not quite FP - you saw the orchestral version, which is a lot better than the plain Jane acoustic.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Not quite FP - you saw the orchestral version, which is a lot better than the plain Jane acoustic.
    It was freaking awesome in New York at Town Hall. I may have mentioned that already...
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

It was staggering at the Wiltern. LOVED. IT.