Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Felder Interviews and promotions

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Default Re: Felder Interviews and promotions

Suite 101: I've heard that, these days, the supposedly improvised 'banter' with the audience is actually scripted. Is that true?

"I wouldn’t know… I would know that when I was in the band that Glenn really was the main front spokesman. He carried the dialogue and he had the history of being very repetitive from show to show. Every once in a while, he’d throw some new element in about a song and get a laugh or something, but it was pretty much like a show.
    First of all, WHY did they even ask a question about what's going on "these days" to ANY ex-member who hasn't been with the band for years? Pretty stupid if you ask me. Almost like they were digging for something.

And as for Felder's answer, I will probably regret this, but the part about "being very repetitive"? Haven't we said that over and over right here on the board?

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower
    You tell me not to take it personally. I don't. I just get tired of the endless putdowns, & then when Glenn actually hit back in the documentary, you & others were very quick to join the 'let's abuse Glenn' bandwagon.
    As for people believing Felder's version a lot of people including a couple on this board instantly decided that his version was correct. A lot of people claimed to be horrified by what Glenn said & villified him. That's already happened.
    I don't think that's being fair. First I never "abused" Glenn in anyway shape or form. I did, however, say I was disappointed by his reaction and the anger that I felt he expressed. I would hardly call that "abuse". It was my opinion, which we all here are always quick to say we are all entitled to over and over but then when someone speaks out, we sometimes get criticized for it. Some of us see it one way, and others see it differently.

I will also point out once someone stated that perhaps Glenn was trying to show how he reacted when the actual event happened, I admitted that could of been the case and would give him the benefit of a doubt. I'm willing to listen to what others think but it doesn't always mean I will change my point of view. And in reading many, many other forums (one was a gear head forum I wish I could find now to post a link to) I know it wasn't just us seeing it 2 different ways.

And I stated several times that how I felt about Glenn's reaction had little to nothing to do with liking Felder. I really don't care one way or the other about Felder.

VAisForEaglesLovers]What bothers me about this is this article, and I've seen several like it, these people are so very obviously trying to cause trouble. Stir the pot, if you will. I will say that while Felder's constant digs at Glenn annoy me to no end, he seriously could have been a lot worse. He could have played along with these guys to their fullest wishes.
    EXACTLY!!! And that is what I said in my first entry in this post!!!!

And quite frankly, and this is particularly gratifying for me, the fact that TFGY has been resurrected after so long was a very proud & poignant moment. There are better songs. There are also many which are a lot worse, including ones the Eagles persisted with after they dropped TGFY. I speak of LWKUA, of course. My opinion.
    Couldn't agree more!! I like LWKUA but I truly believe TGFY is a superior song and I'd be glad to see it back in the setlist.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

A good video interview with Don.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2AyJMEEtt4[/ame]
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post

I don't think that's being fair. First I never "abused" Glenn in anyway shape or form. I did, however, say I was disappointed by his reaction and the anger that I felt he expressed. I would hardly call that "abuse". It was my opinion, which we all here are always quick to say we are all entitled to over and over but then when someone speaks out, we sometimes get criticized for it. Some of us see it one way, and others see it differently.

I will also point out once someone stated that perhaps Glenn was trying to show how he reacted when the actual event happened, I admitted that could of been the case and would give him the benefit of a doubt. I'm willing to listen to what others think but it doesn't always mean I will change my point of view. And in reading many, many other forums (one was a gear head forum I wish I could find now to post a link to) I know it wasn't just us seeing it 2 different ways.

And I stated several times that how I felt about Glenn's reaction had little to nothing to do with liking Felder. I really don't care one way or the other about Felder.
    Regarding the villification of Glenn, I wasn't referring to people on this board but to postings on other sites which really tore into him.

As for this board my use of the phrase 'let's abuse Glenn' was perhaps too strong. It did upset me at the time particularly as I was about to see Glenn in concert. But you in particular were very open about it & as you say you changed your mind to some extent.

Regarding TGFY though, I haven't quoted what you said, but while it may return to Glenn's setlist I don't believe the Eagles will reinstate it.

Default Don on Nik Carter's "On Tap" radio show tonight

Just told a story in how they'd do lines of coke off their amps on the quick during shows back in the day....

Think they put audio up of show the next day....

VH1 Classics Carter's On Tap

Border Desperado RebeccaLovesEagles's Avatar

Default Re: Don on Nik Carter's "On Tap" radio show tonight

nice interview

You know you have some delicious bugs here about on the Mississippi... Extra Protein thank you very much!!!!-Don Henley- At the St. Louis, MO concert June 2010.

Is the whole interview up yet? I just found the "cocaine on the amps" snippet.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Cool interview.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

This is interview covers a lot of ground, so I'll put it in this thread. It's not dated, but Don just pushed it to Facebook, so it must be relatively new.

http://www.vintagerock.com/index.php...views&Itemid=4
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

It was updated to include the fact that Felder is adding tour dates but it only mentions Columbus, so it's probably from the end of March. Thanks for posting it.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

that was a great interview...thanks for posting VA