Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Felder Interviews and promotions

Default Re: Felder Interviews and promotions

At one point, he'd said he and Joe were back in contact again, but that was in May 2009 - almost four years ago (time flies). I don't know if he exaggerated back then, or if they connected briefly and it ended... but he did claim that at one time.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Also, I realize that Felder put this on his Facebook page and it says it was released yesterday, but I swear I read this before. He said he just called Bernie for his birthday, and Bernie's birthday is in July.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

For the record, here's what he said during an interview last September on WDVE in Pittsburgh. Post #84 in his press and discussion on Road to Forever thread...

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    My head hurts.

He said he's still close to Randy and Bernie, and that he went golfing with Randy 'a few months ago'. He also said he's still 'very close' to Joe. He said he's reached out to Glenn and Don numerous times but nothing has come of it, he communicates with them through lawyers.

He talked about the history of the band and how he came to make this album. I assume the station will put up a podcast. When they do, I'll post it.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Yeah not sure what was going on there. I had heard he was in contact with Joe, then I read that in Guitar World and other interviews recently that say otherwise. Which is it, Don?! LOL.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Yeah - hate to say it, but this is just another one of his inconsistencies. I can't remember, but has Joe ever mentioned anything about reconciling with Don? I don't think he has, but I could be wrong.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

I just wish someone would tell him that it doesn't matter how often he talks about 'reaching out' to his former bandmates. Every time he is interviewed he says it again, not ever saying what he means by 'reaching out'. As long as he takes every opportunity he can to tip buckets all over them, Glenn in particular, why does he then act so hurt & surprised when they don't respond? He has done it again with his interviews responding to the box set. We all know that he wants nothing to do with Glenn so why does he keep up this charade? I suppose once again it is to make himself look like the aggrieved party & them as the heartless bastards. It works on the converted, I suppose, but it doesn't work on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Yeah - hate to say it, but this is just another one of his inconsistencies. I can't remember, but has Joe ever mentioned anything about reconciling with Don? I don't think he has, but I could be wrong.
    The only thing I've heard from Joe about him and Felder is around the time of the lawsuit he said something to the effect that he still thought a lot of Don and loved playing with him but legalities kept him from saying much else or having anything to do with him at the time. Not heard anything from Joe since.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    The only thing I've heard from Joe about him and Felder is around the time of the lawsuit he said something to the effect that he still thought a lot of Don and loved playing with him but legalities kept him from saying much else or having anything to do with him at the time. Not heard anything from Joe since.
    Joe does a lot of things but he doesn't always discuss it in the press. I guess he feels for the sake of the peace he doesn't discuss Don Felder. I wouldn't be shocked if they were in contact.

FP, You never pass an opportunity to trash Don Felder.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    Joe does a lot of things but he doesn't always discuss it in the press. I guess he feels for the sake of the peace he doesn't discuss Don Felder. I wouldn't be shocked if they were in contact.

FP, You never pass an opportunity to trash Don Felder.
    I thought what I said was entirely legitimate. In any case I did not trash him. I queried his motives in constantly claiming that he is 'reaching out' when everything he says in interviews, his book & on his album suggests the opposite. You can't 'reach out' to people whom you have made it very clear you dislike intensely, if not hate. The air of hurt surprise when he says that they don't respond is what I can't believe. He should know they won't respond. Why would they?
    Last edited by Freypower; 03-14-2013 at 05:50 PM.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Every time I communicate with them or try to reach out, the only return communication I get is from their attorney. It’s sad, but that’s the reality. — Don Felder
    I know this might be the way it has to be but it still saddens me that it's like that.
    He sings it high, he plays it low