Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Happy Birthday WildThyme!!

Default Re: Happy Birthday WildThyme!!

Happy Birthday Cami! I think GA, Troub & GEF have it all covered!

Happy Birthday Cami! I hope you had a good day

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

Well, crap I had a great story going, something freaked on my computer and its GONE!!!!! #*$))^)$&*&@#^%^$**(%))_&+_++$)%*&#&^
    "scuse my language.. grrrr.... Ok.. its after midnight and its been a crappy night so Im going to bed... I do promise, I have a WONDERFUL gift if I can MANAGE to get it on paper.. uhh... monitor, I'll do it tomorrow.. uhh.. today.. sheesh.. you know what I mean...

Hope you had a great bday. Sue has Happy Happy Cami!!!
    love ya!

Thanks for all the birthday wishes. And for all the Glenn pics... hubba hubba... he's so hot and yet so cute and adorable too!

Sexy Glenn wants to sing Happy Birthday To You, Wildthyme!

Hope you enjoy your day!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Have a great day...don't do anything "our boys" wouldn't do!

Stuck on the Border

Hope you had a wonderful birthday, Cami!

Border Desperado

Yo WildThyme! Feliz Cumpleaños, Bring the Beer!
    Be part of something good,
    Leave something good behind.

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

Ok Cami cami bo bami.. FINALLY the MIL is on her way home, the kid is occupado watching Sponge Bob and Mommy has a spare moment!! YEA!! NOW maybe I can REwrite the birthday pressy I have for you *G* hope you enjoy.

It'd been 20 years now. She hadnt seen him at all in all that time. It'd just been one night, one long cold wonderful night. They'd fallen in love. She was sure of that. She knew she'd fallen, she'd fallen hard and she was pretty sure he had too, but then twenty years has a way of distorting the facts, or even the perceived facts. She only knew for sure how she felt and for the last twenty years she'd felt pretty empty.
    She'd just been a kid. 25 years old, fresh from college. Her business stats professor had recommended her for a job as an executive assistant to a banking exec in San Fransisco. Very few students her age had an opportunity like this and the likelyhood that she'd be hired was small but she would have been nuts to pass it by. SO she went. She'd been humiliated, frozen and left to rot in a little town just south of the Oregon border. First the interview. She'd gone. She'd seen the head of Human Resource and interviewed with the man himself, Mr. Banker-man, Mr. Im-too-God-Damn-Wonderful-for-the-likes-of-you. He'd made her feel about three inches high. HE actually told her he'd only interviewed her as a favor for his old friend, her Business Stats professor. He'd all but laughed her out of his office. But she'd showed him, she hadn't cried! Well, not till she'd gotten back down to her little honda. Then she couldnt keep it in any longer. They were angry tears though, not defeated, sad tears. She was very well qualified for that job. In fact probably overly qualified and that man was a horses ass!
    She left and headed home. She'd decided she'd just drive back and forget the cost of a hotel for the night. BAD IDEA! She'd gotten as far as Weed, California and the road was closed. CLOSED??? This was INTERSTATE 5 FOR CRIPES SAKE!!!She'd forgotten about the Southern Siskyous and their awful spring weather. If it snowed, you were screwed till morning. HOW could she have forgotten that??? she'd grown up in the Rogue Valley smack dab in the MIDDLE of the damn mountains! She tried to find that hotel room in Weed, but there was no room at the Inn, or the hotel, or the Motel or the seedy no-tell motel just off the freeway. No bed and breakfasts, hostels or backrooms she could just curl up on a burlap sack and rest a few hours!!!! the only place open in town was a small greasy all night diner right next to no-tell motel and IT was packed! she was lucky to find a booth to herself and now she sat glaring into her cup of tea as if it were to blame for all the injustice she'd run up against in the last 24 hours. Life sucked. Thats probably why she hadnt noticed the bell on the front door ring, well it'd been ringing all night so that was easy to ignore. She also hadnt heard the small "Uh, excuse me, Miss?". It wasnt until the slightly louder "AHEM..." she'd looked up. There was a large moustache looking down at her. The moustache was connected to the loveliest long straight nose that culminated in a beautiful pair of dark brown eyes lined with long dark lashes. Just beneath the moustache was a a luscious mouth that was moving, sound was emminating from it, she knew. If she could only deciefer what those sounds meant. She shook her self and realized that this beautiful man was talking! "..and as you can see all the other seats are taken. I was hoping you might be willing to share your large booth with a fellow weary compatriot lost in this blizzard?" He grinned a grin. It said "see how handsome, charming and sincere I am? Please Oh please see how handsome, charming and sincere I am."
    Cami blinked at the man a few times then closed her mouth and smiled.
    "OH, Im sorry! Yes, of course, please have a seat!"
    The man moved slowly but like a languid cat. He wore a fleece jacket and gloves that had never before seen the cold. Probably directly out of the Eddie Bauer catalog. The man scooted in to the seat across from Cami and smiled that "I need to be loved" smile again. "Thank you so much! I have been out in my car for the last three hours listening to the radio off and on waiting for the weather report. Looks like we're stuck here till morning!"
    Cami looked down into her tea and smiled. "You're not from around here, are you?"
    Mr. Shearling Coat looked at her. "Is it that obvious?" he asked a bit sheepishly.
    Cami couldnt help but smile at him. He was adorable. "Well, kind of. Your coat has never seen a cold winter. The Siskyou's ALWAYS snow in in the spring and you should never stay in your car in a snow storm if there's warm shelter readily available." Cami grinned an appologetic grin at him and he blushed slightly but smiled.
    He opened two creamers and dumped them into his coffee and then three sugars and poured them in. Cami watched everything he did. He was elegant and beautiful to watch.
    They talked for a long time. They laughed and debated. They heatedly discussed and confessed. He'd warmed up and took off his gloves. He'd admired a ring Cami was wearing and took her hand to look closely at it, but he never gave her back her hand. They sat in the booth, leaning over the table holding hands and talking in quiet whispers. He admired her eyes and her hair. He wanted to know more about her school and her job interview. He confirmed her belief that the man she'd interviewed with WAS, In fact, a true horses ass. They gazed longingly into each others eyes. Why WAS this damn table here anyway?? Somehow the jukebox came to life and he asked her to dance. She blushed at the thought of dancing in the crowded diner, but when she looked around, there was only two other people in the diner, in a back booth, talking quietly and they didnt seem to notice the two of them. Cami didnt know of care where or why everyone else was gone. They were the only two people in the world. He took her in his arms as the slow rhythmic tones of a bass guitar hummed through the diner "...and I cant tell you why... noo baby..." she leaned into him and he wrapped his arm around her and ran his other hand into her hair, pulling her face very close. His lips brushed her ear as he sang soflty with the music. He had a wonderful, sexy voice with a tinge of southern accent. His breath brushed her hair and his hand caressed her face, her neck her shoulder, his lips following close behind. She was melting like a popcicle in his arms and she wanted nothing more then to spend the night, the rest of the day, the rest of her life with this man.
    He tilted her head upward to look directly into his eyes and pulled her close. They kissed, deep, slow, long. He pulled away, his breath shallow and slow, matching her own and whispered "I love you..." so softly almost like a breath itself.
    "me too.. " she echo'd.
    They kissed again, just brushing lips and sharing their breath. The front door bell jingled and hearty laughes and jovial exchanges were taking place behind them. It shattered their reverie and and small bits of the conversation was getting through.
    "...pass is clear and they're letting cars and trucks through." A large man with a John Deere cap said.
    They looked at each other. They both knew they'd have to go on with their own lives now, but now everything was different.
    He leaned forward and touched his forehead to hers. They closed their eyes. He whispered, his voice choking "I have to go."
    "me too." she said, tears filling her eyes.
    He suddenly glanced up at her. "Meet me here?"
    "when?" hope made her eyes wide.
    A look of consternation crossed his face and he let out a deep sigh.
    "Im on my way to an important meeting in Portland. If it goes well, I may not be in this country for more then a year!"
    Cami's face started to crumble but he lifted her chin to look at him.
    "One year. Meet me in one year. Come hell or high water, I'll be here"
    She smiled. He kissed her. They walked out into the melting snow and found her car. He put her in, kissed her again and restated. "One year." and she drove away.

More to come,...

nooooooooooooooooooooo..... it can't end like that! Please tell me there is more and that I don't have to wait a year like in the story